Posted 4:00pm

Heads-Up PlayStation Plus Update – 7th March 2012

Trine2

One and all, I hope you all enjoyed your copies of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 last week to round off what was a pretty awesome month for PlayStation Plus.

I remember when I first started at SCEE and those two PS one Classics were among the most requested – it was great to be able to bring you long-awaited content at no cost when it launched.

In fact, we enjoyed that so much, let’s do it again.

A big thank you is in order to the fine people of Atlus, since Trine 2 is coming this Wednesday with a 30% launch discount for the first two weeks by way of apology for the delay in SCEE. Even better though, if you’re a PlayStation Plus subscriber, it comes with a cool 100% discount, making Trine 2 our PlayStation Plus Game of the Month.

Journey

I hope you’re all excited for the release of ThatGameCompany’s Journey on March 14th in SCEE – the game has been receiving some amazing reviews and truly is a masterpiece. But why wait to find out? This Wednesday, our PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to get their hands on Journey one whole week before everyone else and grab yourselves a free Plus-Exclusive Dynamic Theme.

And there’s more. We’re providing you with another full digital title this month at no extra cost – Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus HD (part of the Sly Trilogy) – Sly’s first outing on PS2 given the HD Classics treatment for your pleasure. You’ll be sneaking around the world, stealing back your family heirlooms from other master criminals and it’s a great example of classic action-platforming at its finest.

Of course new minis as well, Farm Frenzy 2 and The Impossible Game are available for you at no cost, alongside Jet Rider from the PS one Classics range.

We have new themes, including a very cool sketchbook theme to celebrate the launch of Jak & Daxter HD Trilogy, and two avatars for you featuring Naughty Dog’s dynamic duo.

Discounts this month include Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension and Toy Story 3 and additional launch discounts across the month, including Shoot Many Robots! from Ubisoft and additional discounts on sale content going forward.

More later in the month, we’ve not forgotten those additional games that are currently available in SCEA, so watch out for those to be slotted in over the next few weeks, as well as a selection of additional Full Game Trials.

In the meantime, you have lots of play from this Wednesday so get to it!

PlayStation Plus Content

Content and offers are available until April 4th 2012 unless otherwise stated. Content may be added or removed, or move dates – please stay tuned to your weekly Store Update for the most up to date listings. Listed savings are approximate, based on SRP excluding Special Offer pricing and should be considered as a guide only:

From March 7th:

You save £1.59/€1.99

• Journey PlayStation Plus-Exclusive Dynamic Theme – 100% off

You save £1.59/€1.99

• Jak & Daxter HD Trilogy ‘Jak and Daxter 3′ Avatar- 100% off
  • Jak & Daxter HD Trilogy ‘Dark Jak 2′ Plus-Exclusive Avatar- 100% off

You save £0.42/€0.50
Still to come later this month:

• Shoot Many Robots! – 20% off
  • Rayman 3 HD – 20% off
  • New PlayStation Plus Title Trials & More

Please note: additional offers may become available throughout the month. Keep an eye on the Plus section of the PlayStation Store and the weekly Store update posts for more information.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

199 Comments 47 Author replies
Show oldest first

Feck2009 5 March, 2012 @ 4:10 pm   1

sweet tribe 2 free

Feck2009 5 March, 2012 @ 4:12 pm   2

damn predictive txt
trine 2 for free I obviously ment LOL

TRINE 2 FREE?!?!?! I MUST BE DREAMING!!!!! LOVE PLUS!!!!!! :D

windsorblue01 5 March, 2012 @ 4:15 pm   4

very cool could you please do a section on the store for plus exclusive avatars like you did for the themes is that possable now got to check hd space

Ross McGrath 6 March, 2012 @ 9:28 am

Hey windsor,

While our themes are made in-house by the very talented Mr. Alex Franks, the avatars tend to be either from first-party franchises or kindly donated by publishers for the month, so it is a little more complex.

I will see if the truly exclusive avatars from the past can be organised for you into a permanent folder though, this is a nice idea.

ShadowDoGGG 5 March, 2012 @ 4:15 pm   5

I couldn’t do my smarta$$ comment on html being shown :(

ShadowDoGGG 5 March, 2012 @ 4:16 pm   6

Also, would be nice for journey to be showing a price. As it is $14.99, I presume £10.49 / €12.95 or something?

Ross McGrath 6 March, 2012 @ 9:29 am

You’ll have to wait for Wednesday, but it’s something like that, yes.

JordanBlack68 5 March, 2012 @ 4:16 pm   7

Cool trine 2 is free :D

WolfiePL 5 March, 2012 @ 4:17 pm   8

will we get a free MotorStorm for PS VITA like US ?

Ross McGrath 6 March, 2012 @ 9:31 am

Sadly no, there’s a specific sponsorship deal in the US which means Motorstorm RC can be given away free, but there will be some Plus stuff going on with the DLC, so if you were thinking of picking the game up you won’t be sorry.

TalllPaul 5 March, 2012 @ 4:17 pm   9

Nice juicy update there :D And Trine 2 :O That will make many faces happy :D

millgate1 5 March, 2012 @ 4:18 pm   10

Smexy update Ross! Please, could you try get the Monster Hunter avatars that were released on the US PS Store in November, onto the EU PS Store? Could you pass it on? :3

monkeypirate 5 March, 2012 @ 4:18 pm   11

Looking forward to most of the big hitters this month. Great update. :)

Erroneus 5 March, 2012 @ 4:18 pm   12

Trine 2 for free and Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus HD :O That’s insane guys, thanks for one of the best updates ever.

People you should just buy MotorStorm RC for PS3, then you have it for free on the Vita also. It’s well worth it.

TalllPaul 5 March, 2012 @ 4:18 pm   13

@WolfiePL

I hear that the US get it free due to a sponsorship deal with Scion) which isn’t available outside of the US.

Wow! Trine 2 and Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus HD for “free”?!

Suzzopher 5 March, 2012 @ 4:19 pm   15

Excellent update Ross :)

Narod28 5 March, 2012 @ 4:19 pm   16

Awesome, Glad I Subscribed to PS+ in February

almighty-slayer 5 March, 2012 @ 4:19 pm   17

Trine 2 for free is fine by me. Nice one.

Oh and Journey…yeah i guess i might buy that too…Oh who am i kidding, of course i’ll flippin’ buy it :D

JadoreSox 5 March, 2012 @ 4:19 pm   18

I hope we will be seeing Plus support for the Vita sometime soon.

Happy to finally be able to play Trine 2 and will buy Journey if it’s under £10.

FrostScythe1 5 March, 2012 @ 4:19 pm   19

Playstation plus just keep getting better! thank you ross

You still planning on giving us that PS1 classic blog post you mentioned and has Speed Freaks moved up the list since I last asked?

Ross McGrath 6 March, 2012 @ 9:34 am

Actually I can’t post the internal list we have now, but Jawad, Andy and I are still chasing publishers down for more third party support to fill some of the obvious gaps between SCEA and here, and we have a big internal list of first party titles that we’re slowly getting through. :)

Narod28 5 March, 2012 @ 4:21 pm   21

Hope we (Europe stores) will get Mass Effect 3 like American Store.

Ross McGrath 6 March, 2012 @ 9:35 am

You might get the title trial yes, but it’s under discussion and I didn’t want to post it in the update before I got confirmation, so if it happens it’ll be noted in Jawad’s update.

bennyrafal 5 March, 2012 @ 4:21 pm   22

Owned :)

ALhammadi51 5 March, 2012 @ 4:22 pm   23

Thx a lot ,

nemesisND1derboy 5 March, 2012 @ 4:22 pm   24

Awesome update guys, well done.

Any news on fixing the minis bug where PS+ minis won’t work on PS Vita?

Unicronic 5 March, 2012 @ 4:24 pm   25

Damn, this is a VERY GOOD PS+ update. Can’t think of anything to gripe about…………….where’s my backwards compatibility ;-)

Drian_Thierf 5 March, 2012 @ 4:24 pm   26

Will we get a similar offer to the US one? Free Motorstorm RC for PS Vita?

wow…. all i can say

Bovrillor 5 March, 2012 @ 4:25 pm   28

Any news on the Uncharted 3 Avatar Bundle that failed to appear last week?

Also, any comments regarding the 20-hour PSN downtime that interrupted Sunday’s Killzone XP weekend?

Yay for Impossible Game. Finally a decent Mini gets the Plus treatment – I’ve not enjoyed one since ’1000 Tiny Claws’ which was months ago. If anyone didn’t try it, do so now. It’s amazing.

willbillbill 5 March, 2012 @ 4:26 pm   29

Trine 2 and Sly Cooper HD for free? This has got to be a mistake, March Plus can not be this awesome

Catkiller1 5 March, 2012 @ 4:27 pm   30

Trine 2 for free??!! Excellent! :)

I was going to top up my wallet when I read it was released this week…guess I don’t need to now! ;)

20% off Rayman 3 HD this month, is also great. I already own the Sly Collection, but the first Sly is a nice addition for members that have never played it. Jet Rider (Jet Moto) Ps1….nostalgia, but bad nostalgia lol!

Well done this month! I Look forward to the extra content, upon release too!

Lord_Gremlin 5 March, 2012 @ 4:27 pm   31

Em, there’s an issue that’s been bothering me. I’m subscribing to plus (cloud saves, duh), but I’d love to purchase Trine 2 forever… 100% discount is basically a rent while plus lasts..
When are you going to allow plus subscribers to BUY content that is PS+ “100% off” if they so desire?

Ross McGrath 6 March, 2012 @ 10:10 am

If you want to buy your Plus content, you can do so when your subscription expires. If you want to stay a Plus member, then the content will always be yours as long as you are an active subscriber, so there’s really no difference.

WOOOOOOOOW!!!!

Im the first to complain about the way EU SEN treats us as far as store content is concerned but you guys sure has shut me up this month with this amazing plus givaway.

I’m so appreciative SEN for all this content. Journey a week early takes the crown in all this though…. AMAZING!!!!

Thanx again guys.

LEONOFDEATH 5 March, 2012 @ 4:29 pm   33

This is brilliant! Thankyou! Good work :]

windsorblue01 5 March, 2012 @ 4:29 pm   34

the psn downtime was advertised on the US store as well on numerous websites it was just the one postponed from the other day

DarkLord_UFA 5 March, 2012 @ 4:30 pm   35

Trine 2!! 100% discount O_o Awesome news)))
Now waiting Mass Effect 3) I hope it will be in EU Store like US

windsorblue01 5 March, 2012 @ 4:30 pm   36

sorry meant blog not store

Jeez Ross… *applauds* :D

Carnivius_Prime 5 March, 2012 @ 4:32 pm   38

I care not for Trine 2 (didn’t like the demo) or Journey a week early (really don’t see what the fuss is about. barely a game at all) but thanks muchly for Sly Cooper. :)

Ross McGrath 6 March, 2012 @ 10:13 am

Don’t write Journey off, in my opinion it really is a wonderful experience.

mrfodder 5 March, 2012 @ 4:33 pm   39

A really fantastic month!

mattledger 5 March, 2012 @ 4:33 pm   40

Must be one of the best months ever, very impressed, good work guys!

Catkiller1 5 March, 2012 @ 4:33 pm   41

Any news on Warp & Toki: Arcade Remixed, releasing on the 13th March? I take it Rayman 3 HD, is still on track for the 21st March then or is it earlier?

Benjamin81 5 March, 2012 @ 4:33 pm   42

I must say you are doing a good job, Ross. The service really improved content-wise this last 2-3 months. Trine 2 and Sly are great games, especially for free. Hopefully my save game from the Sly Cooper Collection is compatible with the download version.

Btw thanks for fixing my Burnout Paradise Complete Edition issue. Now put the game back on sale ;)

Ross McGrath 6 March, 2012 @ 10:14 am

You’re very welcome!
    If you like the way Plus is heading, you aren’t going to be disappointed in the coming months. :)

Saintsfanuk 5 March, 2012 @ 4:35 pm   43

Wow amazing update, I loaded my account last week in preperation for Trine 2, and now we get it free! Looks like I’ll spend my money on Journey instead this week. :D

Having Sly free is awesome as well, wasn’t sure if I wanted to pick up the collection, now I can try it and if I like it pick it up!

Hoping that Jak and Daxter avatar isn’t one I’ve already bought though. :)

Ross McGrath 6 March, 2012 @ 10:54 am

One of them might be, admittedly, but one of them is 100% Plus exclusive, so at least you have that. :)

Skookie30 5 March, 2012 @ 4:36 pm   44

Yes i sure did see those html codes

anyway kudos ross this is a better plus update it just like stacking all over again that was a free game too for plus.

the simpsons is a other my question is do you know when we get more plus features example cloud storage to get a rise limt from 150mb upwards?

Ross McGrath 6 March, 2012 @ 10:55 am

Hi Skookie,

While I can’t really talk about Plus features for the future, I can tell you that we have a number of plans and things we’re working on to bring even more value to the service over the year, while still providing you with the very best games we can source.

You know what Ross you deserve a BIG THUMB UPP. Great update and I have yet to regret the day 1 that I subcribed.

Spocker 5 March, 2012 @ 4:38 pm   46

So Ross, will we be getting an update/official comment on the expired PS+ games issue soon? (The ones of us that lost access because we bought the 1 year SEGA rally extension) We have been without the games for over 7 months now.

SKELLY7 5 March, 2012 @ 4:39 pm   47

Great update. Really excited to get my hands on Journey.

FrozenbyteGames 5 March, 2012 @ 4:43 pm   48

Trine 2 status update… Well I guess you read the post. :)

I hope everyone enjoys Trine 2!

- Joel, Frozenbyte team, developers of Trine 2

Bjarno86 5 March, 2012 @ 4:43 pm   49

Fantastic update, Ross! :D

But I’d like to echo Spocker’s comment #45. The people who purchased the Sega Rally offer back in June, will we ever get back access to the 1st year of free Plus content which we rightfully should have still access to seeing as we never have let our subscriptions run out?

Ross McGrath 6 March, 2012 @ 11:11 am

Hi Bjarno,

This is a tricky one that we are aware of and our San Diego team have been workin on a way to fix this for some time (and continue to do so). We will find a way to get your content back to you and in the meantime I can only apologise for the inconvenience.

obiadekanobi1980 5 March, 2012 @ 4:45 pm   50

now im normaly 1st to moan but the last couple of months have been great on plus and i will be renewing my plus on the 14th march for sure!! its nice to see this service finaly comming of age pity its taken so long to get us awesome content hope this is the way forward for plus from now on!!

have to agree with one of the comments above though 20 hrs lost out of the killzone xp weekend was a bit of a silly move didnt you tell GG about this? its seems a bit strange that they went ahead with it

Load all