Posted 7 March

Unit 13 Training Videos: Part 2 – Game Types

We recently kicked off our in-depth training series for Unit 13, the PlayStation Vita exclusive shooter that puts you in the middle of some of the world’s deadliest covert missions. This three-part in-depth video series aims to teach you everything from the core fundamentals of how to play the game to tips on how to tackle each mission type and even how to fully take advantage of Unit 13′s networking features.

Today we’re unveiling the second instalment, “Game Types”, which introduces you to the various mission types in Unit 13 and gives you advice on how to best approach them. It goes over basic mission rules, tactical strategies for how to take on each objective and things to look out for along the way.

If you missed the first training video, “How to Play”, be sure to go back and check that out to get a great overview of Unit 13′s fundamentals, and come back in a couple days for the final part of the series, “Sharing and Competing”, where we’ll cover the game’s robust connectivity features.

Unit 13 is now available exclusively for PlayStation Vita, so check out the videos in this series and hone your skills to see if you have what it takes to make it to the top of the leaderboards.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

20 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

BEYOND! Had to be said. Looking forward to Unit 13.

mazzive_36 7 March, 2012 @ 4:45 pm   2

would be great if I could download it got the pass put bi game

Bumblebee 7 March, 2012 @ 4:48 pm   3

PLEASE stop saying “now available” if you’ve held it back for the UK!

All you need to do is say “available this week”.

Unless you’ve done the decent thing and changed your mind… because I was REALLY looking forward to playing it tonight as my girlfriend is out playing netball until late… I’ll have to stick to Skyrim instead but I was soooooo looking forward to a change after almost 200 hours of the ‘Rim…

When’s it out though? Earlier blog post said today – but no sign of it in the store….

@3: I understand the pain, but like most other retail games, they come out on Fridays in UK.

@4: It’s Friday 9th in UK and Ireland.

I’m aware that almost all retail releases are Friday in the UK (normally for purposes of maximising sales for chart position), but as a) Digital sales don’t go towards the charts and b) there is a blog post on THIS VERY BLOG yesterday saying “out tomorrow” and this post says “now available” it does just add to customers frustration to say “come and get it” then not actually release it.

dirtyCAT79 7 March, 2012 @ 5:09 pm   7

I agree.
Stop flaunting it as being available if its now delayed until friday.

This is BS.

I was so interested in this game and loving my vita and hoping Sony had finally got their act together with the online store business… but once again they are proving how useless they are.

If I ran a sandwich shop and went round telling everyone to come to my shop on Wednesday for tasty sandwiches they would be pretty annoyed to turn up and me tell them that there aren’t any sandwiches until Friday.

I wonder how many of those customers would come back on Friday…. Same thing here.

Sony – you make great hardware, but time after time you muck up the digital delivery. This is the new world, you need to invest in this and sort it out – because right now you look clueless.

Bumblebee 7 March, 2012 @ 5:37 pm   9

Exactly my point. The sandwich one is great. I cancelled my pre-order for Street Fighter X Tekken special edition so I could afford Unit 13 today, and now I’m being told it’s not out until Friday despite being told for ages it was coming out on PSN today.

It’s only in the small print that it’s saying it’s out Friday instead. That, and the fact that Sony have mentioned on Twitter it’s out today, then retracted it. Fortunately I managed to re-order my SFXT from Amazon but I’d have been pretty annoyed if I’d missed out just because of Sony’s lack of communication skills.

I’m still annoyed I won’t be playing it tonight while I have a free evening though. Because despite all the frustrating lack of comms skills from Sony, I loved the demo. It is an excellent game. I just wish I hadn’t made plans for my evening around it.

chrisandsheva 7 March, 2012 @ 8:35 pm   10

Yet again Sony have had to bow down to shops/retailers.. at least thats reasons i hear for delay, as releasing it today may upset the other distributors, totally understandable from a business perspective.. but so is saying to hell with you’s (retailers) we’ll take our chances without pampering your requests, or demands?.. well i was going to get this today, as i have the money atm in online wallet.. but now i’m considering using it for ME3. call me mad but i got 2 £35 psn vouchers for £25 for the (‘fabulous’) xmas sale, (lol) and Still got enough left to do above… decisions decisions..
Also can you’s maybe add a link in the next training vid/walkthrough that will put all 3 in 1 page, so i can bookmark for easier reference.. thnx.

Bumblebee 7 March, 2012 @ 8:41 pm   11

Can anyone confirm if Unit 13 will be available on the PSN store (UK) at midnight on Thurs night/Fri morn, when Mass Effect 3 is supposed to be coming online too?

This would lessen the pain… slightly.

Still annoyed I am not playing it tonight as I had planned!

need unit 13 asap #######

ha_19-35 8 March, 2012 @ 8:01 pm   13

I have played the demo of Unit 13,really great game that works so well on the PS VITA,but have i missed something,the launch day was 7th March,its now the 8th,the Network Pass is available,but no game,anybody know what is going on.

Bumblebee 9 March, 2012 @ 12:18 am   14

ha_19-35, it seems it was never coming out in the UK on the 7th as it is out in UK shops on the 9th. Unfortunately it was just really bad communication from SCEE.

So, despite being mislead and disappointed that it was supposed to be out Wednesday… as Unit 13 was available elsewhere in Europe on the PSN, coupled with the fact that Mass Effect 3 was coming out on the UK PSN at midnight, I held out hope that Unit 13 would, too, be on the UK store at midnight… seeing as it would be, y’know, the 9th then, and if they can do it with ME3, surely it’s not a stretch to include Unit 13 in that update too, yessir! After all, we Vita players are hungry for new games seeing as we haven’t had a peep since being teased with an announcement to “watch out for the Vita store update!”… so I log on, and there, on the first page, “New Vita releases! Check it out!” With a pic of Unit 13! HOORAY!

Sadly it is nowhere to be found.

[Sigh]

I suppose it will appear tomorrow evening then, afer some bloke who works at Game somewhere is satisfied he’s had a few hours to try to flog a few copies.

Bumblebee 9 March, 2012 @ 12:27 am   15

I’d like to add that as I have caned my bank account this week with the ME3 special edition, SFXTekken SE, and other stuff, I didn’t have quite enough left in there for Unit 13 so I drove to a 24 hour Tesco to buy a PSN card with some cash I had, in preparation for Unit 13 going live on PSN at midnight. Sure, it was never announced to go live at midnight but it made sense that it would be there. Of course, there was always the gamble that nobody at SCEE would be that bothered, but it would be easier all around to just activate it at midnight. With Mass Effect 3. Makes sense! Of course it does!

No, sadly not. A wasted trip, then. So not only has Sony let down us loyal customers – let’s not forget, we forked out £250+ each recently for this new kit and would like some more games please – but now their actions have inadvertently harmed the environment by a degree because I made a trip in my car that I needn’t have bothered with, had they managed to enlighten us with information rather than ignoring our pleas.

I will remember this when my children are wheezing with asthma in the future. It was you, SCEE, YOU! You are nothing but trouble.

Bumblebee 9 March, 2012 @ 12:33 am   16

Now the Store is undergoing maintenance… am I a fool to be hopeful?

I hope that whoever reads these takes my tone with the intention I mean it… which is, basically, tongue-in-cheek. I love my PlayStations and really, I’m old enough to realise that patience is a virtue… although it would be nice if Sony kept us in the loop more!

Here’s to hoping it will be available soon. I’m just narky because my girlfriend is away and I was going to Vita until the cows come home! Inappropriate terminology perhaps, she is a lovely girl. In reality she is hooked on Plants vs Zombies so I was going to make the most of having my Vita to myself.

Fingers crossed, eh?

Ajent_PSN 9 March, 2012 @ 8:37 am   17

I second Bumblebee’s comments

Bumblebee 9 March, 2012 @ 10:58 am   18

I don’t know what time it went up but it’s on the PSN store.

You won’t find it under “Latest releases” at the moment though. It only seems to be under the Vita games section. Anyway I bought it now.

They need to clarify what the online pass thing is for though. I assume it’s for people who buy pre-owned copies, and not for people who buy the digital download version. Because if I have to pay another £7.99 I am going to go Rocky Balboa on somebody’s ass.

chrisandsheva 9 March, 2012 @ 7:10 pm   19

@ Bumblebee
that doesn’t sound very good,, i mean when you bought the game and went to download it there should of been a separate 100kb (or so) download for any online pass, at least thats how it once worked with the ps3 downloads, (wasn’t it.?.), unless they now include the pass inside the game.. something that will need clarifying i guess, anyway hope it was worth the wait. if so i am getting it after i play a ‘few’ hours of ME3.

Arsenal4eva75 14 March, 2012 @ 7:03 am   20

Sony music unlimited not working on my vita….says cold not activate the device…any help