Posted 12:00pm

PSP Price Drops

Store Promotions

So you may have wondered why I’ve seemingly disappeared. I haven’t. I’m still around and I’ve been working on bringing you guys some of the best offers we can possibly get. With that said, you may have noticed selection of PSP games on the PS Store getting a price drop. The prices will vary from title to title, but you’ll be sure to find some as little as £7.99/€9.99!

With the release of the PlayStation Vita, we’re delighted gamers are taking well to our new entry to portable consoles but we also know a lot of die-hard PSP fans still exist. This price reduction allows you to have even cheaper access to a myriad of titles – some of which are even Vita compatible (we’ve marked compatible games on the list below with a *; ask in the comments if you want to check the compatibility of any games not listed below).

Some of the titles included in the sale are:

101-in-1 Megamix*
TOMB RAIDER: LEGEND*
Warriors Orochi*
Warriors Orochi 2*
Ys I & II Chronicles*
Ys SEVEN*
Ys: The Oath in Felghana*

Check out the PlayStation Store to get these and more.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

55 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first
MaikelSteneker 12 March, 2012 @ 12:19 pm   1

That looks great. When will these titles go one sale? Will the Store be updated especially for this, or is this part of the Store update this wednesday?

Rob_Velocity 12 March, 2012 @ 12:19 pm   2

Corpse Party is an absolute steal at that price. Great, great game.

Are these permanent price drops?

Bealinator 12 March, 2012 @ 12:23 pm   3

Hello Andy!

I sold my PSP lately because I’m saving up for a good Vita bundle in May (Resistance is calling!). Do you think there is a chance of Rockstar’s Vita-compatible PSP games (Chinatown wars especially) getting another sale?

Zephyr_Ex 12 March, 2012 @ 12:25 pm   4

Sweet update!

This probably isn’t in your jurisdiction but do you know why Gods Eater Burst isn’t available in Australia? I’d snap it up in an instant if only I could purchase it :/

caffe_ine 12 March, 2012 @ 12:26 pm   5

Why there is no “Shin Megami Tensei: Persona Full Game” in Russia ? Is it coming soon or what ? Thanks.

caffe_ine 12 March, 2012 @ 12:28 pm   6

@ 4
lol – there is GEB in Russia, but no Persona (((

P.S. GEB + Vita = AWESOME! 2nd stick and filtering…

Can you make the sims games compatible please, loved taking them with me on my psp all those years ago

I’d like a discount for the two God of War PSP games. They are way overpriced. I can get the HD collection with both these games for less than the price of only one of them on the store. But I want to play them on my Vita :(

Jimmirock 12 March, 2012 @ 12:30 pm   9

I picked up a few of those, the prices are definitely right now (didn’t Metal Slug XX launch at £20-something? Ludicrous!).

Prinny is good, definitely worth it at that price too. And the Ys games are amazing if you’ve never played them.

WitheredBlossom 12 March, 2012 @ 12:38 pm   10

Is Killzone Liberation compatibility with Vita considered? I can’t download it either throught the store directly to Vita, nor copy it from my PS3.

NiroseDK 12 March, 2012 @ 12:38 pm   11

Is star wars battlefront renegade squadron and elite squadron compatable with the ps vita. and are monster hunter freedom unite too

Leo-DarkSide 12 March, 2012 @ 12:40 pm   12

Oh man! I need to start buying these quickly!!

When does this offer expire?!?!

What about PSP Essentials?

Final Fantasy IV: The complete collection is apperenlty one of those, but in the Playstation store its still full price.

I asked about this in the forums but I have recieved no answer, you should check that more often.

But now i try here, hoping to get an answer!

LiquidSolid 12 March, 2012 @ 12:50 pm   14

At least 15 of those games aren’t even on the NZ store… Sucks for us, huh?

Oh and can you guys patch the Killzone Liberation patch into the game install or something? Right now it’s impossible to play the full game on the Vita.

jspanero 12 March, 2012 @ 1:03 pm   15

I can’t for the life of me find Corpse Party on the PSN Store, where is it??? Can any kind sould provide a link?

GothPunk 12 March, 2012 @ 1:07 pm   16

Lenomy is right, the PSP essentials range should have price parity with stores on the PSN. Why make a game a ‘PSP Essential’ for UMD release but not for digital release?

Andrefpvs 12 March, 2012 @ 1:08 pm   17

This is pretty great and a step in the right direction. I’ll get some of those.

See, the important thing is to get these older games at the impulse buy price point.

Let me stress what Lenomy said: Final Fantasy IV CC and Dissidia 012 are Essentials games, which means they can be obtained in retail stores for less than 10. Yet their pricing in the PS Store is 3 times that. A bit ridiculous, no?

Also, some of the better and most recent games, such as Persona 2 and Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky have a really high price (more than some retail Vita games). I know Ghostlight needs to profit on these games, but they’re not at a price where I personally would purchase them, and I’m an RPG fan!

Thank you for considering my feedback!

guitardevil6 12 March, 2012 @ 1:15 pm   18

I’ll definitely get The Warriors for the Vita.

Andy, since PSP is your department, could you nudge Konami and get them to release the Silent Hill PSP games Origins and Shattered Memories? (Vita compatible please.)

The games are up on the US store, and with the release of three Silent Hill games in the coming weeks, it would be great to have a games on my Vita to play! Please :D

Skydancerx 12 March, 2012 @ 1:21 pm   19

Hope to see more “real” Sales!

Most PSP Games in the Store are Overpriced. In Retail there are many 9,99 Euro Essentials but they are more expensive in the Store.

GoW Games are heavy Overpriced for that Price i can get the Collection Vol. 2 for PS3.

At least we need Support to Play PSone Games on Vita as advertised. Also the “Plus” Mini Games dont work.

RevanClaw 12 March, 2012 @ 1:34 pm   20

Shouldn’t all PSP games be compatable with the Vita?
Are all Minis compatable? And Playstation Classic games? If not, why not?

Bovrillor 12 March, 2012 @ 1:52 pm   21

This would be great, except…

Me and many of my PSN friends are constantly getting ‘Maintenance Error’ when logging into PSN-enabled sites, the PSN Store, Authorising Content or logging into PSN via PS3. Happens about 20% of the time.

Please tell me someone is looking into this, it’s driving me mad and I can’t get any kind of official statement / help out of Sony :(

WELSHDRAGON_74 12 March, 2012 @ 1:55 pm   22

good afternoon andy i know this is off topic but please could u let me know when I AM ALIVE is coming to psn would be grateful for some news on release,,

ninja_tom 12 March, 2012 @ 2:03 pm   23

Hi, is Fate Unlimited Codes in the offer / compatible with Vita? Thanks!

aaronwalkeruk 12 March, 2012 @ 2:45 pm   24

Assassins Creed and Killzone Liberation would be very much appreciated in regards to Vita compatibility.

MARK-161 12 March, 2012 @ 2:52 pm   25

what about ps1 games?

When will you update the list of games that are compatable with psvita? When will the minis you have got from ps + work? When will ps1 classics work on psvita?

sithlord9 12 March, 2012 @ 3:15 pm   27

What about Killzone: Liberation and Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow? They DO work if from the US store on US accounts… why not in their EU version?

Also Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron (not just BF2) and Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror would be appreciated.

Bjarno86 12 March, 2012 @ 3:15 pm   28

@kivi95 Have you tried to download the minis on your PS3 first (without installing them) and then transfer them to your Vita? When I do that the minis from Plus are all working :)

MP_is_for_Chumps 12 March, 2012 @ 3:46 pm   29

I really like how much harder you guys here work to get good deals on games for us compared to the US store.

Anyway, i was wondering if you could get more PS3 games on the store from publishers like Square Enix, Sega and Namco. I’m also wondering why there are so few of your own Sony-published PS3 games compared to whats on the store from EA and Ubisoft.

but overall, keep up the good work:)

Bumblebee 12 March, 2012 @ 4:03 pm   30

@24

Assassins Creed: Bloodlines IS Vita compatible… I know this because I have it on my Vita. I think I bought it on the PS3 and then downloaded it from my Vita’s download list on the store. It seems to work fine for me.

Bumblebee 12 March, 2012 @ 4:12 pm   31

As an old perv I’d like to request a discount on Dead Or Alive Paradise… I can get it in shops for PSP for about a fiver these days yet on the store it’s still £29.99! Drop it to a tenner and I’d consider buying it even though I heard it is a bit rubbish… I would like to give it a go anyway! Ta.

iapetus 12 March, 2012 @ 4:27 pm   32

Nice to see Lunar reduced. One problem; it doesn’t work on Vita. In the first cut scene after the introduction (where Ramus appears), the Vita crashes and dies with a black screen, and doesn’t recover unless you press and hold the power button, at which point it reboots.

If anyone’s having this problem, you can work around it by skipping that cut scene as soon as it starts (by pressing Start) – but I’d appreciate some information on when it’s going to be fixed. Clearly not the best of testing if before you’ve even started playing the main game itself the console dies. I’m fairly sure it’s an easily reproducable bug – I had it three times in a row before discovering you could skip past it.

Viscera1900 12 March, 2012 @ 6:31 pm   33

Is there any chance to release Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep on PS Store? those are my fav PSP games and i would like to play those on my Vita

StolenDiagram 12 March, 2012 @ 6:49 pm   34

I’ve noticed Assassin’s Creed isn’t on this list, yet £7.99 sounds suspiciously cheap for it, considering it costs less on the store than it does for a boxed copy (sadly a very rare case) I’m guessing it was originally up at at least £20.

These prices need to be more competitive with retail boxed copies, you’re effectively paying more for less with digital downloads.

Also, “The prices will vary from title to title, but you’ll be sure to find some as little as £7.99/€9.99!” really isn’t a good selling point. As little as £7.99? Have you guys ever seen a steam sale?

Some of these games are old, very old. And I would not pay a premium surely for the benefit of using them on my Vita just because someone incorrectly assumed that a UMD transfer program wouldn’t be popular in the West. It’s like me saying a Ferrari wouldn’t be popular amongst billionaires!

OveNCh1pZ 12 March, 2012 @ 9:31 pm   35

I need silent hill origins and silent hill shattered memories in the UK store please! Sony is missing out on a lot of money with these games only available for the US….put them in the UK section too please !!

How about Everybody’s Tennis. It’s been out almost two years, but it has never been on sale and it’s stille pretty expensive. Would love to see a price cut for it. Same goes with Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier. It’s a PSP Essentials game, but still about 20 euro in the Store. And in the Dutch Store Secret Agent Clank is still missing.

Great idea with the price drops, but we need more and better games to get a price drop. This whole list is kinda mwah…

@andy
what about the 3 psp games i asked you 2 look into?
and be nicer we got some more off the missing psp games.

monoliet 12 March, 2012 @ 10:56 pm   38

2 best psp games u not get on vita =
-pantasy star portable 2 ( u not find in benelux store )
-monterhunter freedom unite ( on ps3 but not on vita store)

Them are great on vita

11 jes = dowload from download list on vita ore set on ps3 then to vita .

monoliet 12 March, 2012 @ 10:57 pm   39

ps pantasy star portable 2 ( u not find in benelux store )
= not enimore in past jes

mickaelcpereira 12 March, 2012 @ 11:50 pm   40

Are you planning to update the PSP Essentials range on the PSN Store? I own a PSP Go and I am very interested in some games that have integrated the range last year (like Everybody’s Tennis and Echoshift among others). Thank you.

BusinessNinja 13 March, 2012 @ 1:46 am   41

So many of these games I want to buy but just aren’t on the Australian network. Why Sony Why? Do you not want my money?

I’m heading over the us next week, can anyone advise me if I pick up a vita whilst I’m over there will it work ok with eu games as long as I use my eu account?

dillusion 13 March, 2012 @ 12:11 pm   43

Please fix ps plus minis on Vita!!!!

@adumr82: yes, go ahead, the hardware is the same, the psn account is what counts

razordude 13 March, 2012 @ 12:54 pm   44

Noticed this last week and picked up Corpse Party, Gods Eater, Ys and a few others. With prices like this and Essentials like Dissidia and 3rd Birthday I don’t understand why anyone would want to pick up Vita right now – PSP has an awesome range of games at great prices.

adumr82 13 March, 2012 @ 1:28 pm   45

Cheers dillusion, much appreciated

Carnivius_Prime 13 March, 2012 @ 2:36 pm   46

@razordude because Vita plays most PSP games that are worth playing (and has bigger memory cards so can store more of them at once) plus it’s own games and other features?

IvanFoul 13 March, 2012 @ 3:38 pm   47

I recently bought pixel junk monsters deluxe with the intention of playing it on my new vita(the official website for the game listed both psp and vita logos, which I took as proof enough it worked), however, the vita content manager cannot find it, I emailed q games last week but am still to hear a reply, just wondered if any light could be shed here instead? little bit miffed at wasting a tenner, but will be happy if theres the intention of patching non vita compatible games sooner rather than later.

guillaumecribier 13 March, 2012 @ 4:49 pm   48

great article

Concrete3000 13 March, 2012 @ 7:42 pm   49

Final Fantasy 4 Complete Collection price drop please!!
£19.99 —> £7.99 or less

Concrete3000 13 March, 2012 @ 7:46 pm   50

In fact please price drop all the games that are available as PSP Essentials.

Load all