Posted 13 March

MotorStorm RC Pro-Am DLC Available Tomorrow

Evolution Studios proudly announces the Pro-Am Festival – the highly anticipated expansion to MotorStorm RC – will be available to download for PlayStation 3 & PlayStation Vita from PlayStation Store tomorrow. It costs £2.49/€2.99 and, like the full game, you only have to pay once to use the DLC across both platforms.

Get ready for huge ramps, banked corners and big air because the venue for this all-new Festival is an impressive indoor skate park. Established by skateboarders in 1992 but long-since abandoned, it has now been brought back to life by the wily MotorStorm organisers…

Take on 16 challenging Pro-Am events (including never before seen Super Car races) over four new racing circuits to win all 48 medals – then battle it out with friends and rivals worldwide to make sure you’re faster than all of them on every event!

Race and collect eight new model vehicles, each with four Pro-Am team liveries and a further four colour scheme choices per livery for a greater level of personalisation – that’s 16 designs for each vehicle.

Earn four new PlayStation Trophies: three on your way to collecting all 48 medals and a Gold Trophy for becoming a Pro-Am Champion with a combined time below 16 minutes – you’d better bring your A-game!

Skate Factory / Shred Space

pro_am_track_01

Race around broken boxes, leaking barrels and cracked concrete, and bring life back to the Skate Factory once again.

Grind House / Shove It

pro_am_track_02

The hardwood ramps, bumps and hairpins of the Grind House will test your skill at speed. It’s time for the big show!

Do you have what it takes to become a Pro-Am Champion? Be there first or be the best, then challenge your friends to do better. Enjoy the Pro-Am Festival everyone.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

29 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
Bjarno86 13 March, 2012 @ 2:11 pm   1

Nice, this brillant game gets even better :)

One question: Are you going to do a DLC bundle with the Carnival festival DLC in a couple weeks? Because then I think I’ll wait for that :)

kingofscotland 13 March, 2012 @ 2:15 pm   2

I’ll be buying because:

Great original price to get me to buy in 1st place
Buy Once and get both versions
Reasonable priced DLC
The DLC looks great

And most importantly, I just love the game, so addictive it has that ‘just 1 more go’ draw thanks to the leader boards and challenges.

Great Work Evolution – now get to work on a fully fledged Motorstorm Vita game

Catkiller1 13 March, 2012 @ 2:15 pm   3

Yet again, excellent value! :)

Sweet!!! Got my platinum trophy last night, so perfect timing.

Brilliant game :-)

grimbarian 13 March, 2012 @ 2:31 pm   5

Brilliantly addictive, supremely playable, fantastically priced, and incredibly well made.

What’s not to like?

Another purchase for me from this fine game.

Sweet! Got my platinum trophy last night so perfect timing.

Brilliant game :-)

Carnivius_Prime 13 March, 2012 @ 2:34 pm   7

Sorry I wanted to like this game and bought it when it came out but I got bored very quickly and that’s the only Motorstorm game I’ve felt that way about. I load it up now and then for a quick go but I guess it just lacks a lot of what I enjoy about the series in general. Maybe I’ll enjoy it more when I get a Vita rather than on my PS3.

Very good news indeed!:)
On a side note:
any news when Vita will be able to play Minis downloaded via PS+? Because now there’s really no way to turn a mini on when you’ve received it for free via PS+. I’m also curious about Ps1 games’ support:)

Bumblebee 13 March, 2012 @ 3:06 pm   9

I love this game BUT it would benefit so, SO much from offline multiplayer… it’s got the spirit of Micro Machines but needs offline multiplayer really… great game though, great price and the “buy once, get it for PS3 and Vita” is a fantastic idea that more games should be doing.

Xenostar 13 March, 2012 @ 3:09 pm   10

Great game cant wait to get this DLC.

Ill ask again, but im sure ill be ignored again, when is the near app going to be fixed??? It would seem now 50-75% of vita owners can now not do a position update on it, with an “Error Has Occurred” message. Please respond on this ISSUE!!!!!!!

SirTodge 13 March, 2012 @ 3:28 pm   11

All over this like white on rice.

Hope there will be more than the two known ones too.

grimbarian 13 March, 2012 @ 3:55 pm   12

@Bumblebee

Erm, it does have offline multiplayer. 4 player split screen mode.

and whenever I’ve had a few mates round we have a right laugh with it. :-)

LAClennell 13 March, 2012 @ 4:25 pm   13

Overpriced

Bumblebee 13 March, 2012 @ 4:30 pm   14

@grimbarian

What what WHAT! I don’t know how I missed that option.

I must have just overlooked it, the menus are quite unusual… possibly missed it as I am so used to playing the Vita version I didn’t know where to look in the PS3 one.

I will look again, THANKS for the info!

Also: I’m an idiot :(

INS1GHTFUL 13 March, 2012 @ 4:34 pm   15

“Overpriced”

Really? seems pretty good value to me. With both DLC packs, the game would be around £10 which is decent given i’ve already had hours of playing and you’re getting the vita and ps3 versions together.

fjernbetjening 13 March, 2012 @ 4:44 pm   16

@LAClennell (#13)

This game, and this dlc pack, both seem to be really great value to me. :P

Nice work you guys at Evolution Studios! ;-)

LAClennell 13 March, 2012 @ 5:30 pm   17

it is overpriced. was expecting it to be at least £1.60

i’ll wait for a price drop, or not even get it at all due to how stressful this game is

I was looking forward to buying this DLC, until i found that the 1.01 update reset my trophies back to zero and locked all of the tracks that i had previously unlocked. I lost over 180 medals thanks to that update. Not impressed with EVO at all. :(

Sorry, i meant medals not trophies.

Opt1mus76 14 March, 2012 @ 10:43 am   20

Love this game. Got pre-release code yesterday for Pan-Am dlc, downloaded and thought I’d have quick go. 3hrs later it was complete and I’m top of leaderboard for several events. Won’t be there for long but there’s a certain amount of smug self satisfaction knowing until my times are beaten that almost everyone will be racing my ghost.
I just need to save up enough for a PSVita so I can really hammer my times down in my spare time :)

Opt1mus76 14 March, 2012 @ 12:03 pm   21

@Carnivus_Prime, have you got many friends playing it? Much more addictive if playing against friends ‘ghosts’ rather than the leaderboard ‘ghosts’. Maybe that’s just my competitive streak :)

Opt1mus76 14 March, 2012 @ 12:06 pm   22

Sorry, should be @Carnivius_Prime. Misread your ID on my BB screen :s

WarMachine-0X 14 March, 2012 @ 10:41 pm   23

Whatssup

aww yeah

Love this game, as I’m sure my leaderboard ranking shows … ;) (I mean I’m not one of those crazy 33 minute guys, but as a regular guy with a kid and a job I’m happy to be somewhere around 100th in the world or so ;) ).

The handling of the various cars, the surfaces and the interaction/collisions have so much depth that even when I’m retrying a race to get better times, I rarely have the same race, or the same type of crash that foils my attempt. It has the same kind of addiction that I have to bettering my times in Gran Turismo, and that had me thinking that Sony should have you guys do a Gran Turismo RC! I’m sure you wouldn’t need to change a lot of the engine, and you could base tracks around Midfield, Grand Valley, and even great rally tracks such as the Gran Canyon, Swiss Alps etc.

Should be perfect! Make it happen!

A Wipeout RC type pack or DLC type affair that looks a bit like the “science experiment” that’s been doing the round on youtube should be pretty cool as well.

By the way, I have a false time of 39 seconds on Race or Die (in the first DLC pack). I’m 10 seconds in front of second place there, and if I look at my ghost it just stops after two laps instead of three, so pretty clear where the issue is.

Hopefully you guys can fix that and clean up the leaderboards …

Thanks again for a great game!

FBZ1501 22 March, 2012 @ 6:17 am   27

Was this just half price for Plus members for 1 week??

I was away on holiday but looked at the store and I’m sure I read it was half price till April for Plus members….. Just checked the store now I’m home and it’s full price again??

I also wanted to buy the pro-am dlc today, of course with 50% plus discount. I thought this offer is valid until April :(

SamTheSkater 27 March, 2012 @ 1:47 pm   29

Oh yeah! Definitely getting this DLC!