Posted 15 March

The Ratchet And Clank Trilogy – Coming May 2012

It’s amazing that it has been almost ten years since the release of the original Ratchet & Clank on PlayStation 2. A lot has changed since 2002, but your loyalty to our furry Lombax and his faithful robot companion has endured. As we reach the 10th Anniversary of Ratchet & Clank, we wanted to commemorate the achievement of the Ratchet & Clank saga.

RANDC_PS3_2D_packshot_PEGI

Today, we’re delighted to announce the Ratchet & Clank 10th Anniversary Celebration, which also simultaneously addresses the biggest current request from our fans: The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy. This will contain Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank: Locked & Loaded and Ratchet & Clank 3 – all remastered by Idol Minds, working closely with our team at Insomniac.

In addition to a full 1080p HD remaster, 720p 3D support of all three games and the inclusion of three platinum trophies, we’re happy to confirm that the online competitive multiplayer from Ratchet & Clank 3 will be included. Now you can check out the acclaimed multiplayer mode that many of you didn’t get to experience the first time on PlayStation 2. Best of all, The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy will be available in just over two months, on May 16th, 2012.

TheRatchetandClankTrilogy_Announce2 TheRatchetandClankTrilogy_Announce1

TheRatchetandClankTrilogy_Announce4 TheRatchetandClankTrilogy_Announce3

We’re so excited that Sony has worked to give our original Ratchet & Clank PlayStation 2 adventures the HD remaster treatment. Stay tuned in the coming months for more on the Ratchet & Clank 10th Anniversary Celebration, as well as more details, screenshots and footage as we near the release of The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

81 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

I never played the Ratchet & Clank on PS2 (only on PS3) so I´m going to buy this for sure, love Ratchet & Clank (exept the horrible All 4 one)!

Great news! :) I would have loved to see Ratchet: Deadlocked on there as well, but not complaining. :D

One remark though: that Ratchet on the cover is a render from the PS3 games. Just seems off to me, but I’m just crazy I guess.

Thanks for bringing the best games of our childhood back to the PS3! :)

born2destroy 15 March, 2012 @ 5:15 pm   3

As much as I love ratchet and clank and will buy this why have we still not had a Socom trilogy announced that we have been asking fro just as long. Socom will have been around 10 years on cosoles since August 27, 2002 and there is a great demand for that game remastered in HD

I just see the US gets this game collection later (in the authumn) but they do something special over there. Should I hold of and buy the US edition or do we that secret, awesome, extra stuff later via a free download. Pleas be clear to your customers.

ratchet & clank franchise is the best exclusive playstation platform since crash bandicoot.

we want this on VITA.

II-Pricey-II 15 March, 2012 @ 5:19 pm   7

Will this be coming to the Vita as well does anyone know?

Carnivius_Prime 15 March, 2012 @ 5:19 pm   8

Excellent news. Will it be available as a PS Store download too? I want it sat on my hard drive with the Jak and Sly Trilogies.

Josh Walker 15 March, 2012 @ 5:28 pm

Yes, all three games will be available for download via PlayStation Store. :)

CRASHBASHUK 15 March, 2012 @ 5:20 pm   9

kk thanks will it be out on the friday the same week in the uk?
also why is eu geting it before usa which are geting it fall?

Josh Walker 15 March, 2012 @ 5:48 pm

That’s correct;

Mainland Europe: 16/05/2012
    Australia & New Zealand: 17/05/2012
    UK & Ireland: 18/05/2012

LAClennell 15 March, 2012 @ 5:23 pm   10

in the US Blog post you say that NA fans are getting somrthing special to celebrate

Favourtism much?

randellaUK 15 March, 2012 @ 5:25 pm   11

Make all the hd collections on vita the consumers want these specially ratchet and jak collections great for on the go fun!!!

almighty-slayer 15 March, 2012 @ 5:25 pm   12

fantastic. bought them all on release day and love them SO MUCH. definitely will be buying this. been waiting so long for it

almighty-slayer 15 March, 2012 @ 5:27 pm   13

also, happy about online. i loved that on ps2 :)

Juhal_1234 15 March, 2012 @ 5:28 pm   14

YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
YES YES SONY INSOMNIAC AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH AAAAAAAAAAAH IM HAPPY IM HAPPY WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO
WOOOOOOOOOO YES YES YES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH RATCHET AND CLANK WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RemyX-1988 15 March, 2012 @ 5:32 pm   15

This is great news! I’m currently playing through the Jak and Daxter Trilogy, and after that, it’s time to re-visit these Ratchet & Clank games.

I am hoping, though, that for a Ratchet & Clank Trilogy Vol. 2, we’ll be seeing HD-versions of “Ratchet: Gladiator”, “Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters” and “Secret Agent Clank.

Good work, guys! Now the PS2 mascots are all available on PS3. :D

Juhal_1234 15 March, 2012 @ 5:34 pm   16

OH MY MULTIPLAYER TOOO WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I LOVE YOU SONY I LOVE YOU
WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HD HD HD HD HD HD HD HD HD HD HD HD HD HD HD HD

SOOO MUCH LOVE GAH!

HEY YO TAXI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED SOME RATCHET AND CLANK LOVE 4 YA!!!

Juhal_1234 15 March, 2012 @ 5:35 pm   17

DONT FORGET THE SAVE BONUS

RATCHET AND CLANK 3 UNLOCKABLE SAVE DATA SKIN
DONT FORGET THE WEAPON SAVE DATA UNLOCKS AS WELL!!!!
AND ALSO THE SLY DEMO ON RATCHET AND CLANK

L2, L1 , R2 AND R1 PRESSED TOGETHER!

Juhal_1234 15 March, 2012 @ 5:39 pm   18

i knew the leaked date and info on amazon france was real =D
THANKS EUROGAMER AND GAMEINFORMER

Juhal_1234 15 March, 2012 @ 5:48 pm   19

not happy about box-art

should have been clank and ratchet-(original version)
and a blue background like sly and jak

hint!- make double sided box art

twoblud 15 March, 2012 @ 5:55 pm   20

I would just like to say Sony that im disappointed it took you so long to……. oh who am I KIDDING IM GO TO PLAY THIS GAME TILL I ACCIDENTALLY MAKE A CRACK IN TIME !!!!!!!

SHAFTRULES 15 March, 2012 @ 5:56 pm   21

cool!

Carnivius_Prime 15 March, 2012 @ 6:00 pm   22

Thanks for the quick answer, Josh. Looking forward to purchasing it when it arrives on PSN :)

Chocobo115 15 March, 2012 @ 6:12 pm   23

Does the games have subtitles? As a hearing impaired gamer i was kinda dissapointed with subtitles not beeing added to previous HD collections.

Daxterfan94 15 March, 2012 @ 6:18 pm   24

I have problem with the front cover. Please do not tell me that is the final art of the front cover.

C_L_O_U_D_M_A_N 15 March, 2012 @ 6:22 pm   25

Apparently NA users will be getting a special treat for R&C’s anniversary, will we be getting anything?

Spiderling 15 March, 2012 @ 6:29 pm   26

Fantastic news been waiting for this for a long time!

fjernbetjening 15 March, 2012 @ 6:32 pm   27

Can you guess how exited I am, from looking at my avatar? :D

CoolRichy008UK 15 March, 2012 @ 6:59 pm   28

im gettin this from ps store the second its out n seconds b4 anyone else n as 4 the NA special offer it will probs be a code for all4one HA

CoolRichy008UK 15 March, 2012 @ 7:00 pm   29

WII PASS THEY INT PUTTING IT ON VITA

JordanBlack68 15 March, 2012 @ 7:03 pm   30

This is a must buy!

spacedelete1 15 March, 2012 @ 7:34 pm   31

yes this is great news. this is like the last big Sony exclusive series that is getting a HD collection meaning all we need now is a Grand theft auto collection and we pretty much have all of the best PS2 games for PS3.

who needs new games when PS2 games are much better and actually fun unlike PS3 games.

sarcydad 15 March, 2012 @ 7:43 pm   32

Gotta bring this out for Vita and Jak and Sly collections

@Josh Walker I´m kind of disapointed you ignore questions from paying customers. I don´t want to miss out on anything so I rather wait and import than buy now. I rather you would be more honest to your customers.

do you have plans to patch Ratchett and clank tools of destruction to include Trophies? It would be such a shame that all the other R&C games have trophies except for this one.

BEST NEWS EVER! ! !:P Can’t wait to play them again. I don’t normally buy HD updates if i have played them already on the PS2 but i loved the R&C PS2 games;)

+ Any ‘NEW’ PS3 R&C games coming in the future to? ? ? Yep i can’t get enough of them:D

+ Shame SONY didn’t own the ‘TimeSplitters’ games because a HD update of those games would be awesome:P Oh well.

Tyrannic_Puppy 15 March, 2012 @ 9:39 pm   36

F**KING YES!!! Have been waiting for this news for years, thank you Insomniac and thank you Sony and thank you Idol Minds. Pre-ordering this as soon as I go into town next.

RATCHET-NINJA 15 March, 2012 @ 9:49 pm   37

OMG!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN’T WAIT xD BEEN WAITING SO LONG AN NUMBER 3 HAS IT’S ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO EXITED :D

DJack442 15 March, 2012 @ 9:56 pm   38

Yeeess!
Finaly theres a triolgy for Ratchet & Clank!
But because I’m a special edition addicted, his going to be one for this game or any other thing that you guys may be releasing soon?
And can you tell me something more about this 10th aniversary celabration of rachet & clank?

Will it have a reversible cover with cleaner artwork, fewer logos etc?

Wow epic, can’t wait for this game and in HD with trophies to, thank you Insomniac, ldol, Sony :D

Dark-Twisted 15 March, 2012 @ 11:13 pm   41

Very happy about this, one question though, why is the cover feature the god awful PS3 renders? They look so childlike, the PS2 ratchet is better.

Dark-Twisted 15 March, 2012 @ 11:16 pm   42

Also please tell me you don’t play as the PS3 Ratchet in the game, that’d crush my long term hopes of wanting to play it.

Wow, you guys are lucky getting it so early! Maybe I should buy it from Europe first. I’m so happy. I love Ratchet & Clank so much!

andy08ps 16 March, 2012 @ 3:31 am   44

never brought the other two (but have played them)
Rac3 had spitscreen multiplayer so will this be included as well?

theUSEDguy 16 March, 2012 @ 4:51 am   45

great new and for those EU gamers complaining that your left in the dirt, no your not, they said youll eventurally get the surprise too. NA gamers usually get left in the dirt with ratchet and clank. EU got a pyschial copy of q4b, collectors editions of a crack in time and all 4 one so its nice to see NA get a ratchet bonus for once.

yeahhh!! so much nostalgia ;)

Chocobo115 16 March, 2012 @ 7:33 am   47

Also I refuse to buy the game until you have revealed what the “treat” the Americans will get. I refuse to buy the sub-par version.

fredrikselvig 16 March, 2012 @ 9:16 am   48

Yes, I was just waiting for it to come. Can’t wait :)
Norway’s national day is the 17th, so I guess that’s cancelled.

kazzslater 16 March, 2012 @ 11:17 am   49

How
Much will it cost add kazzslater on psn

Thank you Insomniac Games for remastering the first three Ratchet & Clank games in HD. Not only will I be enjoying playing these classic games, but I will get three more platinum trophies to my collection. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!!!!!!!

Load all