Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 12:00pm

PlayStation.Blog Recap

At this time of year I like to enjoy the outdoors and, with relatively few new game releases, catch up on titles I have missed or haven’t gotten around to. This weekend I’m thinking of taking a look at From Dust or Vanquish. Any other ideas?

I’m on a business trip next week but will still be around to keep the blog up to date and answer as many queries as I can on our @PlayStation EU Twitter feed. Also, take a look at the Dying2win competition that’s happening on facebook, where you can win PS Vita consoles and games just for doing a bit of watching and clicking. Worth a punt.

Here’s your recap:

Playstation EU

Official PlayStation Magazine - UK

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

21 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
DAVIE222 31 March, 2012 @ 2:01 pm   1

Heyo James how are you?

i would like you to check out this website because you can watch youtube on your PS3 in HD AND you can download any video to your XMB.

DAVIE222 31 March, 2012 @ 2:04 pm   2

James i recommend you play battlefield 3 as i have not seen you play it atall yet.

Also any chance i can have a 1 vs 1 match with you on Uncharted 3 Multiplayer?

oh and play Skyrim more :)

I thought the first one was so bad I ignored the second one but picked up the third as it only set me back £15 – if you haven’t played Saints Row the Third – its “freakin’ awesome” – have to say as a gamehead I play a lot of games and its the first game I’ve played in a long time where I was sad when it was over – it was top fun and truly enjoyable never once did I feel any of the challenges were a grind or boring

From Dust is quite involved and some of the challenges can be maddening – its no Black & White its ok but it wasn’t what I thought it was going to be as I love my god games and I waited a long time for that game – probably should have waited a bit more and picked it up when it was on sale instead of buying on release

Project2insanity 31 March, 2012 @ 2:21 pm   4

Almost guaranteed you missed Bionic Commando. Criminally underrated.
Think it’s about time you play Final Fantasy VII as well!

bennyrafal 31 March, 2012 @ 5:19 pm   5

Dear James or/and Ross i found something disturbing –

step 15, its untrue right?

‘LittleBigPlanetKarting’ MadeMyWeek ;) (IAmStickingAllMyWordsTogether) LoL:D

SONY! Why didn’t you say all PS3 models could play PS1 games!? Pretty annoyed I have been waiting for you guys to put spyro on the store & all this time I have had a perfectly fine disk version packed away!! Very annoyed.

orton131

They have been saying it for years. It was mentioned well before they released the PS3.

DAYDANNY666 1 April, 2012 @ 8:33 am   9

@bennyrafal step 15 is right my DDAYDANNY account got removed becauce I did not go online very much and when i did I had to take my ps3 into my mums room and plug cable from the modem into the ps3 so i could play cod 4 but there where very little games back then so i stop going online and left my acoount for well over 2 years without even going online and went to sign in and my account was gone it had been deleted.
(so yes step 15 is true)

DAYDANNY666 1 April, 2012 @ 8:52 am   10

Step 9. No more 1 sub, 1 account for Xbox Live and Playstation Plus.
McAfee allow 3 and there cheaper and you get way more usefull features
(Going now as I turn into Sir Spam Alot)

Huono_peleis 1 April, 2012 @ 11:23 am   11

“In PSN/SEN and EA’s Origin contract, if do not use your games for a 18 to 24 month period, the publisher will delete it from your account without asking or warning you.”

IS THIS TRUE?

So we are not buying games from PSN, we are actually renting them? If this true I want a partial refund on every single item I have purchased from the store.

wauw what a rip-off sony is if this is true we all can better go xbox. consideing it’s free online now.

orton131 1 April, 2012 @ 1:05 pm   13

@Lucreto I always knew the older 60gb & 80gb could play PS1 games, but I never knew the slims could. I was in shock to be honest when I put spyro in & it worked.

bennyrafal 1 April, 2012 @ 1:16 pm   14

stop spammin ppl i found this:
PSN Terms of Service (March 2012)

Section 4 (Wallet)
“Wallet funds must be used within 24 months of purchase.”

Section 10 (Subscription Services)
PSN Plus-
“Automatically Downloaded Material which has not been accessed within one month of download may be automatically deleted from your system.”
Online Storage-
“If you do not renew your PlayStation Plus subscription immediately at the end of each Subscription Period, but later renew your subscription within six months, you will be able to access game saves that you uploaded to the remote server during your earlier Subscription Period.”

Section 13 (Termination/Cancellation)

“Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right to cancel your account if it has not been used for 18 months.

You may close your account by contacting us (see About Us section for details). Unless otherwise expressly provided by applicable law, you will not be entitled to a refund of unused wallet funds upon cancellation.”

and for me its fair enough.

Skookie30 1 April, 2012 @ 2:55 pm   15

That’s is fair you notice the “applicable law” it is a tricky 1 as each country in SCEE region uses different laws anyways i always tell my friends think 1st.

i don’t understand ppl that says WAAAAAAHHH i’m going to xbox-360 so i told my friends if you move over to 360 & delete your account you can say goodbye to your hard earn trophies your hard earn cash because once it delete you lost everything.

some friends never come back due to the hacks last year, so think long & hard you may as well waste money down the toilet.

ps. i want to say congrats to holland of getting music unlimited.

@bennyrafal

don’t worry it is kinda true sony can just take games from your download list just look at what they done with motorstorm artic edge and everybody tennis.
i bought motorstorm and i don’t see it o the store anymore or on my download list basicly they stealing when it suits em.
and when i ask no info.
and if the ps4 rumors are true next gen going xbox.

CassyChan 1 April, 2012 @ 6:13 pm   17

Definitely check out Vanquish, Shinji Mikami reinvented the TPS genre with Resident Evil 4 and he did it again with Vanquish. As far as gameplay goes it’s sublime, the use of speed with the boost slide mechanic and slow-mo is brilliant and the weapon and enemy design work perfectly together, it’s a very fair, well designed game and personally I see the gameplay as perfect, it surpasses everything else in the genre imo. The story, visuals and music are great too, the game deserved a bigger reception tbh.

prycestation3 1 April, 2012 @ 9:02 pm   18

Hi James i was wondering when are the DLC maps for Call of Duty MW3 are gonna be available for everyone on the Store?

DAVIE222 2 April, 2012 @ 6:22 pm   19

James why dont you answer our comments anymore? weekend dabate? whats going on man i bet you wont even go on this page :(

CassyChan 4 April, 2012 @ 12:05 pm   20

@DAVIE222 says on the blog post he’s on a business trip this week dude :)

Rocstarr 12 April, 2012 @ 9:57 am   21