Posted 9:00am

PS Vita System Software Update 1.65

Update: PS Vita system software update 1.66 is now available for download.

PS Vita system software update 1.65 has been taken down temporarily due to a technical fault. For any customers who may have already downloaded the firmware, they can continue as normal. We will notify you once the latest system software update is available to download again.

A new PlayStation Vita System Software update will be released on 3 April 2012. It will make a few changes to the user interface. You can update your PS Vita System Software using Wi-Fi, PC or a PlayStation 3 system; please refer to this guide if you need help performing the update.

System Software Update 1.65 features include:

• You can now disable the notification alert messages that indicate when friends sign in, messages are received and other activities. To disable these alerts, got to [Settings] > [Sound & Display] > check/uncheck [Notification Alerts]. Additionally, Notification alerts will now display for five seconds instead of three seconds
  • ‘After 10 Minutes’ has been added as an option in [Power Save Settings] > [Auto Standby]
  • An arrow will indicate when new activities are available in LiveArea
  • Caps Lock is now supported by the on-screen keyboard. Simply double-tap the Shift key to enable it

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

100 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

“Denizens of NeoGAF using the fresh firmware have spotted extra features: improvements to how often Near updates, a percentage bar when installing a game and the ability to background download when manually selecting sleep mode.”

Also some people say that the Minis from Plus are now working.

Oh come on!

Where is our promised remote play!?

Where is the PSOne games compatibility!?

When will you fix the bug that makes it impossible to play PSplus minis on the Vita!?

When do we get a decent browser?

Hurry up, Sony!!

Roneberg 3 April, 2012 @ 9:10 am   3

Is this some sick joke? You guys do know that there is many problems with Near, my 80euro smartphone can go to youtube… Is this some kind of joke? And still nothing about psplus for Psvita!!!

You guys just keep letting me down…

Notifications on or off, but no options to filter specific kind of notifications? Seriously?

I want my Trophy-notifications to show, and I want to know when someone sends me a message as well… but I DON’T want to know everytime a friend is online.

Take a look at the iOS Notification Center. Maybe something like that would a solution? I mean, I wouldn’t mind if games could push-notify you about friends beating your high score, or when there’s new content.

DKShadow 3 April, 2012 @ 9:12 am   5

Great stuff, thanks for the update. All I really want right now though is for the PS3 to be able to display Vita trophies. Is this ever gonna happen? Seems silly it’s not already implemented.

Bianconera 3 April, 2012 @ 9:15 am   6

At least I’m not being tortured by music now when I’m in the store or near. Don’t care much for anything else, it’ll arrive sooner or later.

With regards to what I just said above, check out this link:

I think you’ll find some useful feedback and ideas there.

Skookie30 3 April, 2012 @ 9:18 am   8

still no Ps1 classics, still no cross play letting PS3 see vita stats [trophies what vita is playing etc] & vita user seeing ps3 stats.

but to achieve that the Ps3 been a firmware update too, so when are we get a update for ps3 users I’m getting sick of this i told you when the vita comes they have no intreast of Ps3 no more. :|

The_Dvs-Bstd 3 April, 2012 @ 9:19 am   9

Nice :) Keep it up :P Can’t wait for the PSOne games compatibility, but I can hold it’s not like the world is going to end xD

sakulukk 3 April, 2012 @ 9:20 am   10

Problem with PS+ minis was fixed? …

Skookie30 3 April, 2012 @ 9:20 am   11

* Need

MadboyEnda 3 April, 2012 @ 9:20 am   12

Ps-rondaman 3 April, 2012 @ 9:23 am   13

And no mentions about all the problems that sometime ps vita has like wifi issues, crashes e screen freezes? Really? No fix for those issues? Disappointed! Waiting for 2.0 upgrade at this point.

commuterzombie 3 April, 2012 @ 9:27 am   14

Regarding PS+ minis, I can confirm that after deleting and re-downloading the minis that were previously giving me the C1-2858-3 I’m now able to play them. Not sure why Sony didn’t mention that in the press release!

ElWaster 3 April, 2012 @ 9:35 am   15

These changes could have waited.
Sony should be seeing to the needs of the consumer demand seeing as we’ve already forked the cash for the system.

Things like:

PSONE local Compatibility! (promised but not delivered) It’s bad enough that the game library for Vita games isn’t exactly as grand as was promised to start with, we can’t even locally play Psone games on the system, which would at least add a bunch more games.

Mini’s Problem! That really annoys me, I pay for PS+ to find that minis that I enjoy on on my PS3 System can’t be played on the VITA. That should have been a much higher priority for Sony than adding an arrow to indicate when new activities are available in LiveArea.. Come on!

The Vita launch and lead up to the launch was good, was exciting, but the after care since launch has been appalling! I’m obviously the mug for buying one, and a mug for thinking things would be different this time round… pfft

BAZ1307 3 April, 2012 @ 9:38 am   16

Come on PS Vita! Show me the update! As you can see, I’m rather excited about this update haha. However, it would help if my PS Vita would stop telling me that I’ve got the latest update though. D=

I hope this update, although it doesn’t say it, fixes the crashes and UI glitches…

bajwanasser 3 April, 2012 @ 9:39 am   17

We don’t care about these minor enhancements, we want :
- Remote Play PS3 games via WiFi
- PSone compatibility & Playstation Plus (Minis) support
- A Web browser supporting HTML5 and/or Flash videos
- Playstation Suite support
- A less constraining transfer software (back up save game only or being able to browse all repositories on the computer)

Then maybe there will be more enthusiasm aroud the PS Vita…

stallion83 3 April, 2012 @ 9:40 am   18

Nice to see communication is still the number one priority. Seriously though, I’m glad the plus/minis issue is fixed but found that out by chance!! Not gonna whine or complain about the other things, there’s simply no point…. I’ll just wait for the next update and test them myself!! ;)

RickTheStar 3 April, 2012 @ 9:49 am   19

Finally able to play minis on my VITA, 39 just downloaded and working fine, better than the pixelated graphics when playing them on a ps3 :)

andrewsqual 3 April, 2012 @ 9:49 am   20

@Roneberg Go to
Register the wireless access point that you are using your Vita on,(it may be your own very router at home), on this website and in 1 to 3 weeks the Vita will know exactly where you are. I registered it 3 weeks ago and since last week my Vita knows exactly where I am.

s-p3ci4L-K 3 April, 2012 @ 9:50 am   21

Problem With Sony:

MK24ever 3 April, 2012 @ 9:54 am   22

I bought a 3G version, I’m paying Vodafone to have Internet all the time on my Vita, but I can’t watch a youtube video, the browser is more like a rubber band mini-game since it won’t even scroll down on my Gmail and many web-pages, I don’t have an e-mail app, I can’t download images from most places….

Sony, just go to Google and take some notes, there’s already google maps, why not Google Chrome,G-mail and youtube support? They’ll help you for sure, since all they want is more devices to spread more ads, and therefore, make more money. You on the other hand get a functional and USEFUL device to promote and sell!

Siminimi 3 April, 2012 @ 9:59 am   23

Guys, we really need an HTML5 support. I want to go to Youtube and similar sites with my Vita. Can you at least give as an info regarding HTML5 support?

European_Gamer 3 April, 2012 @ 10:02 am   24

Do you have a Time Line for when the update will be online?

It is not possible to download it yet.

GHR_Gynoug79 3 April, 2012 @ 10:25 am   25

German Playstation Twitter indicates that the Update was pulled and that there will be another one tomorrow…. http://twitter.com/#!/PLAYSTATIONDE

memortally 3 April, 2012 @ 10:30 am   26

The things i want to see/improve on OS

- Please wait screen # Come on we are in 2012 and we still see loading screen when we try to get online in games or any app needs net JUST DO THIS LOAD IN BACKROUND

- Youtube app with support full res of vita

- HTML5 and flash – MAKE IT HAPPEN AND VITA WILL BE BEST THING FOR SURFING ON WEB ( man this thing is 4 core beast)

- improve multitasking ( you guys great in hardware must react on software side too)

- Part,Group Messaging and Friends apps needs to be all in one app not seperate

- bubbles are not so pretty and not so ugly but with 5″ OLED sony needs to make some tweaks to artistic design of UI when people see it they must say WOW this thing is futuristic in everyway

- Make as allow to put bubbles in custom folders

- when sony first revealed vita as ngp i see home button make flash when someone send us message or our download is finished make this feature back

memortally 3 April, 2012 @ 10:32 am   27

Ps Vita is perfect as hardware side (one of the best gaming console ever created for me ) design is perfect , screen is gorgeous , can’t wait what devs bring with back touch , near is full of potential etc …
What Vita need’s is great software with unique IP’s not ports some expections are ok like UC,GOW,BIOSHOCK …
But the Most important thing that Sony need to look for is OS for sure . Vita can be written with golden words in gaming history but Sony needs to be in action for vita

i really want to see vita sell like ps2 but its all about Sony becouse hardware is beast in software sony holds best first party devs so be aggresive at marketing make OS perfect

Hope this tweaks don’t take years becouse some companys are acting fast in everyway and i want to see Sony rise

Sorry for my english LOVE VITA and i want to see it succeed

Why is the internet browser not that good for on the PSVita? :( iPhone 4s & Samsung Galaxy S 2 internet browsers are excellent :P (yeah i know they are phones but that shouldn’t matter really)

supersmith2500 3 April, 2012 @ 10:58 am   29

This is getting ridiculous it keeps saying it’s already updated. For god sake Sony the PS1 sold well, the PS2 sold well, PSP sold ok but got improved later on, same with PS3 but do you really want your PSVita to have bad sales and bad games too? Don’t get me wrong Adam the PSVita was out 2 months ago and the Nintendo 3DS did struggle from Day one when it first came out and got the hang of it later on. I mean the PSVita has not got one good game on there. If the PSVita keeps being like this for a year I’m selling it.

madaxe777 3 April, 2012 @ 11:03 am   30

Where did it go Itwas up on the NZ website earlier, now were back to 1.61. Looks like theres a bug in it already……..lol

kinglambert 3 April, 2012 @ 11:14 am   31

Please sort out the vitas web browser asap. Just go to google and ask them for chrome, they’ll be happy to have a new platform and your customers will be happy that they can finally browse the web with their vita.
The reason I didn’t buy a 3g vita was down to the web browser. Just 30 minutes of trying to view a few pages on my friends 3g vita was enough to put me off buying one.
Please sit down with google and have a nice chat over a cup of coffee. Work together. Get yourself a new bff, you won’t regret it.

Also, group friends and chat together. It makes no sense keeping them apart

It also includes :, PlayStation Plus minis now work, Near can update whenever, background downloading works after a manual sleep and there’s a percentage meter on installs.

JinglesEnid 3 April, 2012 @ 11:18 am   33

PSOne games are really all I want to work on my Vita. I know, I know, why do you want to play decade old games on a new system? Because you said I could and I can’t! That’s really all I’d like to do. I’ve already played through half of Silent Hill via remote play and it’s ideal for the Vita. Please just allow that!

Wasabinator 3 April, 2012 @ 11:21 am   34

Two words: MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS. Please!

One more word: OVERSEAS. Not everyone lives in the one country all their lives.

I’ve personally lived in the London, Tokyo and now Sydney. I have 3 legtimiately created PSN accounts, all with legitimately purchased content, all of which is available to all 3 regions. Yet I am screwed by your system that assumes we live and die in the one country and never spend much time at all abroad.

This has to change. Look at Steam, look at iTunes. They allow changes of country. The Vita allowing only one account at a time doesn’t suit people like me at all, and I am tempted to just return the thing.

So how about multi-account support? Or an ability to switch regions? Heck, just allow users to switch regions once every 6 months maximum or something.

CoolRichy008UK 3 April, 2012 @ 11:23 am   35

STOP MOANING YOU BUNCH OF GIRLS sony will ps1 vita the more you moan the lonfer it will take. unlike you lot i go out on my bike to get fresh air which more of you SHOULD DO insted of moan to sony n sayin whens this or whens that coming to VITA sony has a rule THE more you moan the longer you wait

x__Reg__x 3 April, 2012 @ 11:34 am   36

The update has been pulled due to a problem found within it.

Dark-Hax- 3 April, 2012 @ 11:37 am   37

What an ungrateful Pigs
The Vita has only been out for a few weeks and you people are expecting the machine to play itself. Damn.

I agree with CoolRichy008UK you should go out and smell some fresh air instead of MOANING
“FACEPALM”

Huono_peleis 3 April, 2012 @ 11:44 am   38

Vita’s european release schedule/April 2012:

- Motorstorm RC DLC
- Escape Plan DLC
- Firmwire update (postponed)

But don’t worry there’s plenty more coming this spring like Madagascar 3.
Enjoy Your Vita! :D

VitalogyPJ 3 April, 2012 @ 12:00 pm   39

What #22 said, and several other more!

Sony, be serious about your own products and LISTEN to those who actually buy and use them. If our feedback counted to anything you wouldn’t still be giving us useless/pointless fw updates and by this I’m reffering to both psvita and ps3 systems.

i agree with all comment but its good update for the start , i want the ability to delete all messages at onces, and Near to work in all areas like my small village. Also a big lol for#38 but you know you are wrong vita has great games all this period and coming more in a few monts

andrewsqual 3 April, 2012 @ 12:44 pm   41

@Huono_peleis Mortal Kombat, Disgaea 3 and Supremacy MMA are out in April you complete moron, which is more then was out on 3DS until Zelda came out in June 2011, then 2 Mario games in Nov, then after a whole year of waiting for a maturer game, Resident Evil Revelations came out which flopped and will be on Vita before the year is out. Think before saying something stupid. The only smart thing you said was “Enjoy your Vita.” I am thanks.

pb-live 3 April, 2012 @ 12:59 pm   42

The Vita is great hardware-wise and I’ve enjoyed the software so far.

What I need to know is if Sony is aware of the freezing issues when on slow WIFI or linked to a personal WIFI hotspot? If so, are they going to fix this, because as it stands my Vita is almost unplayable outside the house unless wireless is switched off.

mac_pan16 3 April, 2012 @ 1:08 pm   43

I would like to see, if possible, HTML5 support in another update (Or at least an alternative YouTube client). I also agree with others that the browser could be better and even a use-your-PSVita-as-a-PS3-controller feature (You could use the rear touch pad as triggers).

monoliet 3 April, 2012 @ 2:07 pm   44

1 = bug lol but u not say what bug ??? great info now peopel afraid .

2 = @12 = Is it a “feature” that Bluetooth switches on EVERYTIME I switch on on unit from a Power Off? I don’t want it on please! i already told on forum !!! = off = off

3 = great divice but aigain u fail to comunucate to te comunity
tv = good to let nowing ps vita exit but price drop 200 € wil sel big
also lounch games = boff other games ?????? not see not nowhe why u not saying whitch games are gone come out ore are work in progres
more info please ( very soon )!!!

4= i see lot pers whith no advatar on vita reason = them have no ps3 to ad ore update advatars .

5 =@5 Problem With Sony:
More Gamers and people who actually use your products should work for you, and less clueless businessmen = totaly tru

monoliet 3 April, 2012 @ 2:12 pm   45

edit = 3 = great divice but aigain u fail to comunucate to te comunity
tv = good to let nowing ps vita exit but price drop 200 € wil sel big
also lounch games = boff other games ?????? not see not why u not saying whitch games are gone come out ore are work in progres
more info please ( very soon )!!!

monoliet 3 April, 2012 @ 2:13 pm   46

lol , edit 2 = 3 = great divice but aigain u fail to comunucate to te comunity
tv = good to let nowing ps vita exit but price drop 200 € wil sel big
also lounch games = boff other games ?????? not see why u not saying whitch games are gone come out ore are work in progres
more info please ( very soon )!!!

dirtyCAT79 3 April, 2012 @ 2:23 pm   47

I would love to be able to disable music in the PSN store!! Its really really bad music.

Also – shared accounts. I agree. After moving overseas to work it’s alarming how poorly supported this type of thing is.

Digital distribution is great. Just need to get with the times and realise how globally transient people are these days. Especially with a portable!!!!!!

DAYDANNY666 3 April, 2012 @ 2:31 pm   48

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

For guys they have been already download the 1.65 update, becareful your hands, the update active the time bomb, also this message will be destroy in 5, 4, 3, 2,1………………….

tachi83 3 April, 2012 @ 2:56 pm   50

Feels like this slowed down game data access on UMC3 at least. takes quite a bit longer to load to the character selection screen than it did before. after that just fine, begin loading stuff just seems really much slower.

neutronbomb 3 April, 2012 @ 3:10 pm   51

that is one really naff update cheers.
I want remote play ps3 games working – or a frank and truthful statement on progress from u Sony.

mdogg91 3 April, 2012 @ 3:25 pm   52

Does anyone know if more psp titles are supported off the store than their were before. missing the sims games :(

Veitsknight2 3 April, 2012 @ 3:28 pm   53

I don’t know if anyone else is experiencing this but I was able to update my Vita before it was removed for “technical issues”. Now, I can no longer join my Sister in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. And My Ps3 can no longer detect my Vita during AdHoc Party. What do i do??

Veitsknight2 3 April, 2012 @ 3:29 pm   54

The remoteplay is thru a PS3 firmware patch. Hacked PS3 already have full Remoteplay function. It is the PS3 that needs to be updated, not the VIta

Ylli_91 3 April, 2012 @ 4:04 pm   55

well it seems that killzone 3 wont be able to be played via remote play from vita:http://twitter.com/#!/KillzoneDotCom/status/182400620156813312

Thats acctually pretty strange as sony themselves showed it on a video.

i as an killzone and a vita owner waited for this and now we are not getting it.

Carmanen 3 April, 2012 @ 4:13 pm   56

Guys, PSone support is coming but not anytime soon. It’s going to take some time for Sony to make it work… …so be patient, it’s coming for sure! I’d also love to have the support right now but there’s nothing we can do now but to wait:)

Veitsknight2 3 April, 2012 @ 4:16 pm   57

None of these replies help me with my adhoc problem. Eversince I updated to 1.65, my adhoc wont connect to PS3 adhoc party or PSP games anymore

monoliet 3 April, 2012 @ 4:32 pm   58

also option to set stand-by function on of needed
reason = when u dowload games download stops ! u need to restart

Veitsknight2 3 April, 2012 @ 4:36 pm   59

@59, It actually continues where it stops from my experience.

monoliet 3 April, 2012 @ 4:54 pm   60

60 @ not if u instal psp data !!!! like monsterhunter unite ore phantesy star portabel data , to make loading faster !.

Veitsknight2 3 April, 2012 @ 4:56 pm   61

I dont actually use install data. Install data for faster loading only works for UMDs. It is in the Monster Hunter Manual.

monoliet 3 April, 2012 @ 4:57 pm   62

+ option like ps3 beter = when u have downloaded auto stop !!!

i download when i sleep = reason slow internet when dowloading ( takes long when some gb.).
also reason i wil not buy ps4 if internet conection = always recoired
like lots of rumores on internet !!!

monoliet 3 April, 2012 @ 4:59 pm   63

62 = o.o i did not now

twistedintoform 3 April, 2012 @ 5:02 pm   64

as a piece of hardware, it’s a great piece of kit, but it’s full potential is still yet to be realised. the are several minor annoyances that need addressed or tweaks that need done, but the major changes i think the vita needs are:

– a proper web-browser (firefox exists on other products with ARM-Cortex CPUs), the one it has is just rubbish. though the PS3 browser is awful too, so i doubt this will change.

– HTML5 and Flash support.

– remote play for PS3 games.

– proper video codec support, with at least wmv and divx/xvid playback like PS3. i have a lot of my music dvds ripped to divx which work fine on my nokia N900, but don’t (without re-ripping them to mp4/x264) on vita which has a much bigger and nicer screen.

– apps (youtube, skype – it was supposed to be available at launch, lovefilm, iPlayer, etc.)

– always signed-on playstation network. it seems i am getting the “signing in” pop-up every 5 minutes, changing between apps.

i’m more than happy with the software for it so far, i have more stuff than i have time to play at the minute.. and resistance and LBP are not too far off either.

monoliet 3 April, 2012 @ 5:11 pm   65

@ 66 u forget 1 inportant ting lots of games .

Veitsknight2 3 April, 2012 @ 5:12 pm   66

Oh great! I just found out that I can no longer visit the Vita’s system boot screen. The one where you long press the power button and it gives you the option to restore, reformat or reinstal firmware.

jasonleeds 3 April, 2012 @ 5:32 pm   67

pointless and very disapointing. add to that the fact youve ballsed it up and have pulled it.
what the hell…this vita of mine should do 90% more than it does…sort it sony

technole 3 April, 2012 @ 5:32 pm   68

Safe mode still works for me in 1.65.

Veitsknight2 3 April, 2012 @ 5:43 pm   69

@Technole

Yeah, I found another way to it. The Power+PS+R from an off Vita. I usually just do it by long pressing the power button.

Your on 1.65? Can you connect to PSP via adhoc? Can your PS3 detect the Vita during Adhoc Party? These things essentially stopped when i upgraded to 1.65. Met a few other Vita Users in the Adhoc party who were experiencing the same problem.

Ionized_Crab 3 April, 2012 @ 5:46 pm   70

That’s it?

Come on guys, not even word on PS1 support? That Near is broken as hell? That the browser is awful right now?

I hope some gems are announced at E3, I love my Vita but there’s so many things you guys promised that isn’t being delivered.

residentSteve 3 April, 2012 @ 5:51 pm   71

Does this update fix the Bluetooth switching it self on, my vita turns it on every now and then also the iPhone must be broken pressed the sumit about 5 times but it’s not on the site.

technole 3 April, 2012 @ 6:00 pm   72

Yep, Power+PS+R works. I tried to use Phantasy Star Portable 2 to test adhoc party and it does not even detect the Vita. But I’m aware a lot of Vita owners use it for MHFU. In-fact I was trying it recently for some adhoc-only Vita games, which never worked.

koma1tose 3 April, 2012 @ 6:43 pm   73

Thanks for the caps lock but it no way does it compensate for removing ad hoc playability.
I can no longer play ad hoc mode on my vita against my son psp in sf3 alpha max or mhfu .
SONY FIX THIS PRONTO!!!! I HOPE SONY ISNT STEALING FEATURES AGAIN!!

koma1tose 3 April, 2012 @ 6:48 pm   74

The only reason i bought those psp games were because i could play ad hoc mode ,seeing as there
hardly any ps vita online multi player games. If this issue is not fix soon i will be pursuing a refund
on my recent purchases .

koma1tose 3 April, 2012 @ 7:08 pm   75

One more thing i would like to add, maybe you smart europe guys/gals can do is tell sony of america
to let us loggin the north american blog on our vitas like i can do on this blog with my vita.

Posted using my vita.

TINTINTB303 3 April, 2012 @ 7:34 pm   76

I hate it when people say “stop moaning”. When people have payed nearly £300 (including memory card) for a new console/system and Sony have made a HUGE point about the PS3 and Vita being so integrated with each other but still no remote play, you can’t see trophies on the PS3 that you’ve gained via the Vita. The list goes on and on… This new update should give you a choice (tick box) for which notifications you want to pop up. On a big TV you don’t mind notifications popping up all the time but on a 5 inch screen they can get in the way and be very annoying after a while. I want the Vita to do well and I love the actual device but Sony really needs to start delivering on all it’s promises. These issues should have been sorted before the machine was even released. Please sort it out Sony.

i_maduro 3 April, 2012 @ 8:27 pm   77

I was waiting for this update,and now i now that we cant not play on the PS3 whit the ps vita, i want new games for ps vita i have already the bests games for it give me someting god SONY SONY SONY :( :( :(

scally6 3 April, 2012 @ 10:44 pm   78

The update was took down because ad-hoc play for psp games has stopped, this is the technical fault

i_maduro 4 April, 2012 @ 12:15 am   79

Where is our promised remote play?, sony is going to lose many clients, because they make promises, and then nothing happens at least gives some new games.
I Know many people o have PS VITA and they are saying the same Thing, the cool games are at least months for their release, at least gives remote play. :( :( :(
I am not MOANING i just and what they PROMISE.

enweremdozie 4 April, 2012 @ 4:58 am   80

ok, i love sony, i have like some other people had every single playstation made, but sony i have to say, this is really disappointing, some of us actually bought the ps vita this early but then its the guys that get it a yr from now that are happy with it because every thing will be out by then, i cant even copy and paste in the browser, very disapointing, actually feel like returning my vita, its not fair, yes you run a business but why make it at the cost of your customers satisfaction, it just feels like you guys dont even listen to what we have to say, you pretend to but just do what you want to do, this is really sad and unexpected, no youtube no vevo and our brower feels like something a java program that compiles but produces no output, just pls do something we will appreciate, like the remote play and ps3 games thing we were shown.

enweremdozie 4 April, 2012 @ 5:01 am   81

do you think it is possible for an iphone to go on any of the apple pages and not be compatible with that page, well sony i cant watch videos on my vita web browser even on YOUR OWN WEBSITE, that to me is really disappointing.

IVDAZE774 4 April, 2012 @ 7:49 am   82

Beyond time for youtube etc apps. not buying anything else Vita until numerous and well heard complaints are resolved/at least addressed. What happened to the working skype I’ve seen in a million videos on VITA!!!? Thank you

IVDAZE774 4 April, 2012 @ 7:53 am   83

very simple boycott new apps games everything,until something is done, I’ve already started.unless its free stuff like the tester vids ;)

@: Adam Grant – PS Vita European Product Manager.

A reply would be nice.

At least let us know you are working on these urgent issues for the Vita (the promised remote play, PSone games,…).

COMMUNICATE with your customers.

European_Gamer 4 April, 2012 @ 8:28 am   85

The latest update is available now.

andrewsqual 4 April, 2012 @ 9:24 am   86

Thanks for the update dude, its hard to strain through all the rant posts. Its actually 1.66 now too.

dillusion 4 April, 2012 @ 9:41 am   87

Actually I still see 1.61 when going to http://uk.playstation.com/psvita/ so where did you find it?

Erroneus 4 April, 2012 @ 10:01 am   88

@88 Update directly on the Vita via Wifi or connected to PC via USB(Content Manager Assistant on PC required) and it will find v1.66.

dillusion 4 April, 2012 @ 10:09 am   89

@Erroneus Thank you, it found it and I’m updating as we speak via wifi.

scally6 4 April, 2012 @ 10:54 am   90

Plus minis are working now

dillusion 4 April, 2012 @ 11:09 am   91

Yes, I tried all my minis I got from PS Plus and they all work! Good job Sony!

Dutch_Rootsman 4 April, 2012 @ 1:10 pm   92

NEEDS MOAR PSone COMPATABILITY!!!!!

Tecnoboy1 4 April, 2012 @ 1:25 pm   93

What’s the issue guys? Caps for sending a message is quite useful. My Internet loading is also very fast, but I’m using Wi-Fi. Also it’s just as fast as my iPad.

One thing I’d like though is a calculator App ect., that would be epic.

WilliamBirkin 4 April, 2012 @ 1:37 pm   94

Why do you want remote play? Its the same as it was on PSP, laggy and full of delays when active. They should remove this feature because you cant play games with all these problems.

Those who claim it runs fine havent tried it for real. It baffles me why sony promoted ‘remote play’ when it sucks so bad. Nothing has changed at all.

wheres the apps btw? Maybe you should just stick with hardware and let others do software? Wheres Farm frenzy 3 (example)? There should be alot of more of these small games for vita by now. Nice support there sony.

Overall the vita is very good, just your software support for it sucks.

death_by_wabbit 4 April, 2012 @ 10:11 pm   95

I’d like them to at least fix the problem with Motorstorm Arctic Edge or give me my money back.

rodrigues760 5 April, 2012 @ 12:05 am   96

how about psp slim when is the next update coming and the ps3

Hagge1992 5 April, 2012 @ 1:56 am   97

Seriously…Almoet 100 mb for useless stuff like that…when I saw the 100 mb I thought…wow yoytube support, better browser, skype maybe…and all you add is stuff that should have been there at launch..Im starting to lose hope in you Sony…

freddyPWN 7 April, 2012 @ 11:56 am   98

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you
Like PSone Classic Support, PSplus for vita and HTML5 YouTube support

x_THE420STUTS_x 9 April, 2012 @ 1:09 pm   99

We need a good web browser one that supports html5 or the latest version of adobe flash player on the PS Vita. No dissrespect or nothing but the one it came along with is wack. The web browser is not as good as I thought it would be, I expected SO MUCH BETTER from ya’ll.
Also, I have some special request that I would gladly appreciate:
– A new wide variety of apps to be downloaded on the PS Vita & PS3.
– Also have the DC Universe Online game to play on the PS Vita as well.
So I would appreciate it so much if you could do this for me & I’m sure enough every PSN user will also appeciate it too.

Thank You very much & I hope to see them some updates pretty soon.

Updated