Posted 7 April

PlayStation.Blog Recap

Playstation EU

Official PlayStation Magazine - UK

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

13 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

DAVIE222 7 April, 2012 @ 12:14 pm   1

heyo james how are you? ah thats good to hear.

please check out my youtube channel because im verry skilled on uncharted 3.

Huono_peleis 7 April, 2012 @ 12:38 pm   2

You may want to remove “I am Alive” from the Store since it’s broken (the trial atleast). I totally jams the console after the intro movie.

What were Ubisoft and Sony thinking? Has anyone actually purchased the unlock key? Is the full version working?

bennyrafal 7 April, 2012 @ 5:19 pm   3

Huono i had no problems with trial – ended it few times, nice game at all.

James, i dont know if this is a good moment to ask you about PSOne Classics – could we get UFO Enemy Unknown and its part 2, Terror From the Deep? It might be nice idea to bring back memories

chrisandsheva 7 April, 2012 @ 6:00 pm   4

I played the US trial of I AM ALIVE and had no issues, but i skipped the intro movie, as i allready seen it on xbox.. but apparently the US blog has had complaints as well, so it must be a global psn issue, for a change… i want to get this But have been stopping myself cos ubi give it to xbox first, as i did like the trial, anyway try it again but skip the intro.. doesn’t skip right away but it cuts the end of it out.

Bilsta96 8 April, 2012 @ 2:09 am   5

Will we be getting I AM ALIVE Avatars?

Scuffy_P 8 April, 2012 @ 1:31 pm   6

Any idea if Europe are expected to wait 3 to 6 months before ‘Closure’ is launched over here?

I don’t want to sound likea female dog, but SONY must know by now how annoyed and fed up Europeans are with SCEE’s submission and release policies. I understand and respect it’s not any of the Blog & Store staffs fault, even though you receive 100% of the disgruntled abuse…constantly, but unfortunately SCEE has a terrible reputation within the industry (although not in EA’s league). Even 360 magazines and sites laugh, mock, and use “SCEE” as a euphemism for terrible business practices.

Not wanting to use the 360 as example, but one can’t ignore Microsoft’s decision to hold the launch of all XBLA titles until a world-wide launch is ready. So why not SONY? The damage incurred by blatantly favouring North American consumers over Europe is quite possibly irreversible, and considering I’ve been a SONY customer since the PSX this situation would be the single reason I wouldn’t ever invest in a PS4.

The thought of being treated with such contempt for another generation is too much.

stefanv27 8 April, 2012 @ 8:46 pm   7

James ( or anyone else ), can you tell me if i can use an External Hard Disk to store my downloads ( or to save directly on an external hardrive when i download something from the store ) ?

Or, is possible to replace the Hard Disk from my PS3 ( i have a 160GB model ) with a larger one ( 500 GB or 1TB ) ?

I look forward to a reply,

Sincerely,

Stefan V

Player42791 8 April, 2012 @ 8:56 pm   8

@stefanv27

You can replace the Hard Drive. All you need is a 2.5in Laptop Hard Drive. The PS3 takes 5400rpm and 7200rpm drives i think.

Here’s a link to some instructions

Can someone please explain why its only the U.S PS+ members that are getting the Ghost Recon beta?

I’ve paid my subscription money for the + service just like the yanks yet we EU players get nothing!

I think we deserve an explanation and a refund!!!

orton131 9 April, 2012 @ 2:14 pm   10

Hey James, how are you? How was your business trip last week?

I really want to race you on SHIFT 2 Unleashed, i’ll kick your you know what. lol :P

judgehusler 9 April, 2012 @ 5:00 pm   11

@Scuffy_P,
Well said but this will only fall on deaf ears!
I commented some months back that PS was in trouble and have lost some significant shares, it now turns out they will be making 10,000 staff redundant. Like any company they are in it for the money and PS are solely concentrating on a quick cash scheme (vita, overpriced dlc) to make up for the huge loss.
It is most disappointing knowing that scee especially will never become a trustworthy and reliable service again, PS4 will be a no go for me since i have heard it will not be backwards compatible!

judgehusler 9 April, 2012 @ 5:32 pm   12

^^Slight correction, PS will not be making 10,000 redundant but sony as a whole will. So most likely only a few hundred jobs in the scee side will go!

DAYDANNY666 9 April, 2012 @ 6:39 pm   13

Why can the Japanese change there ONLINE NAMES but the rest of us can`t.