Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 4:00pm

Grab Your PS Vita, Bakuki’s Lair Is Live!

Today, Escape Plan owners will be happy to see new content popping up on their PS Vitas for download. The first DLC pack, Bakuki’s Lair, is a FREE level pack that adds 19 prequel-puzzle rooms to the adventures of Lil and Laarg.

EscPlan_Bakuki
Bakuki ‘s Lair Now Live!

Fans of Escape Plan have helped make the game one of the best selling PSN titles worldwide, and so we’re happy to report that we are improving the experience with a handful of adjustments that were requested directly from gamers.

EscPlan_DontHurtEm
Don’t Hurt ‘em!

Players can now squeeze Lil while swiping, front and back taps are more precise, earning stars is just based on time and there are some more hints in sticky situations.

EscPlan_ShockJock
A Minion Gets Toasted

Our plan for Escape Plan is to continue supporting fans and community worldwide by growing the game and updating the title with new features.

If you haven’t yet picked up Escape Plan, it’s available now on PSN for €12.99/£9.99.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

28 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first

Thank you!
Free DLC is always welcome :)

courtz07 11 April, 2012 @ 4:06 pm   2

Glad to see they are adding new levels to an already amazing game, it’s also nice to see a developer giving away free dlc for once!

Chris Millar 12 April, 2012 @ 8:16 pm

Thank you all, it is great to hear all the positive feedback. Keep it coming, we’d love to do more for the Escape Plan community :)

solidmsnake 11 April, 2012 @ 4:07 pm   3

loving the new maps can’s wait to see more coming out in the future:)

SuperJag86 11 April, 2012 @ 4:16 pm   4

The fact that you’ve listened to criticisms and fixed them is great!
That you also released a free expansion means I am definitely picking this up!
I hope more devs follow in your example :)

Chris Millar 12 April, 2012 @ 8:18 pm

We had such a fantastic response from people when we released free content for Fat Princess, we wanted to support the community again with free content for Escape Plan. Thank you everyone for helping Escape Plan top the charts, it has been an amazing experience for our entire team.

Spaulding 11 April, 2012 @ 4:17 pm   5

Great game. I love it and the update makes it even better. Can’t wait for what’s coming next.

jetpacksheep 11 April, 2012 @ 4:32 pm   6

brilliant, i love this game, i still haven’t completed it due to my obsession with getting 3 stars on everything

Rocstarr 11 April, 2012 @ 5:51 pm   7

Like!!

Rytteren 11 April, 2012 @ 5:57 pm   8

love free dlc support! makes me want to buy the first payed dlc (same with burnout paradise city)

suprised they chose that name. bakuki Could turn into an embarrassing spelling mistake for someone?

StuDevo 11 April, 2012 @ 7:19 pm   10

Getting a Vita next week and will be downloading escape plan. Nice to see it will be supported with free dlc like this.

Stonesthrow 11 April, 2012 @ 8:43 pm   11

Downloading as soon as I charged my Vita :p

postalsam 11 April, 2012 @ 9:42 pm   12

I cannot find it anywhere on the store on both my PS3 and my Vita, I have text searched it and looking in the categories where it should be and NOTHING is there

Chris Millar 12 April, 2012 @ 8:20 pm

Go to your Live Area for Escape Plan, and refresh it. It should tell you there is a new update ready to download. The update isn’t in the store.

TheMaxDaddy 11 April, 2012 @ 9:46 pm   13

eeeew gross…..

So I purchased the game when I realised it was getting lots of support and free DLC, thanks guys for not going with the trend and making me feel like im really getting my dollars worth, Luv the game so far!!!

DNAtlantic 11 April, 2012 @ 11:00 pm   15

@postalsam Click on the game icon then press the refresh button at the top. It will pop up a yellow download icon to download the latest update and the level pack :)

Great update indeed! Thanks for the bug fixes and free DLC Fun Bits Int. :D

@postalsam
Its a patch for the game rather than a DLC in the store. once you click on the game icon on your live area, you should see a orange circle on the top of the screen. Click that for the update. if you don’t see it, make sure you are signed into the network then click the refresh button. It should appear then

postalsam 11 April, 2012 @ 11:27 pm   17

@mxk1000 Thanks for letting me know dude

Bumblebee 11 April, 2012 @ 11:31 pm   18

Escape Plan was a day one buy for me, and I must say that I appreciate the fact that you’ve listened and tweaked the game! It’s rare for a developer to listen to feedback and make positive changes. Plus the free extra levels, what a welcome bonus! I for one will recommend this game to my friends. Fantastic to see a developer making pro-active changes to improve their (already brilliant, in this case) game.

If only Zipper, creators and eventual destroyers of SOCOM had a similar attitude. They arrogantly ignored their fan feedback and it ruined the game, the franchise, and seems to be leading to the downfall of their company. As for Capcom… argh! Great games, but their DLC policy is a slap in the face to gamers.

I hope that other devs take a note out of your book… it’s nice to be pleasantly surprised! I wish you all the best in your future endeavours, and hope that your encouraging stance on supporting your products serves you well.

Chris Millar 12 April, 2012 @ 8:25 pm

We wouldn’t be able to enjoy making such unique games, without the support and appreciation from fans – follow us @FunBits for feedback and updates.

undergroundgr 12 April, 2012 @ 1:40 am   19

wonderful

Rocstarr 12 April, 2012 @ 10:10 am   20

like!

CoolRichy008UK 12 April, 2012 @ 1:07 pm   21

make a ps3 VERSION this game was ment 4 ps3 not zzzzzzzzzz vita

Bumblebee 12 April, 2012 @ 1:41 pm   22

CoolRichy008UK, have you actually played the game? It uses the front and back touchscreen throughout. The gameplay is focused around these touchscreen inputs. It would be very difficult to implement these controls on PS3 without losing the entire point of the game.

You obviously don’t have a Vita so haven’t played it… and thus your request is a pretty ill-informed and stupid one.

Rocstarr 12 April, 2012 @ 3:16 pm   23

Nice ;)

Rocstarr 12 April, 2012 @ 4:10 pm   24

;)

sviperm 14 April, 2012 @ 7:28 pm   25

really interesting

mikeywikey 15 April, 2012 @ 10:06 pm   26

buy this game!

TimAllen1970 20 April, 2012 @ 7:04 pm   27

Can The Escape Plan Team Add Online Play To The Game?

TimAllen1970 20 April, 2012 @ 7:05 pm   28