Posted 12:00pm

PlayStation.Blog Recap

Recent weeks have been a little quiet as the games industry’s seasonal lull takes effect and there simply aren’t many games coming out. However, that’s about to change and, looking at next week’s schedule, there are a few stories you’re not going to want to miss. I couldn’t possibly lift the lid on what they are, but I can tell you that we’ve got a little bit of something everyone, whether you own PS3, PS Vita, PS Move and/or PSP.

Until then, here’s your recap.

Playstation EU

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

27 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first
Juhal_1234 14 April, 2012 @ 1:05 pm   1

Hey james

i heard thata game called the The Banners Saga is coming out?
is it going to be made by ThatGameCompany ?
and a playstation network exclusive?
one thing i know for sure
Austin Wintory is doing he soundtrack

Juhal_1234 14 April, 2012 @ 1:08 pm   2

sorry for spelling mistake on last comment
also crash 2 & 3 also spyro series for xperia play?
the ratchet and clank all 4 one character skin that people made. we where promise a downloadable skin pack of it
flow soundtrack on ps store?
a new play tv freeview box with HD

DAVIE222 14 April, 2012 @ 1:39 pm   4

James please check out my youtube

chrisandsheva 14 April, 2012 @ 3:09 pm   5

@ James, Can you help me find out about a ‘missing’ download from my list ?. Its the unlock key/file for Wipeout HD, I chose it as one of my ‘welcome back’ games after last May’s outage, Now for some reason both the Wipeout HD demo is Not on the store or more importantly my downloaded list, as well as the missing unlock key, on the games description (instore) i now have a blue shopping icon instead of a red one, though the Fury dlc is still showing red, also while checking Services list it says i Own the game, think its dated 4/6/11 etc…But to confuse it further (maybe ?) i downloaded the Wipeout2048 (via vodaphone), and i now wonder if that might have ‘removed’ my original (owned) game. As i believe if you ‘own’ original WipeouHD then you get free dlc for 2048.. .. looks like i need to continue in a min…

chrisandsheva 14 April, 2012 @ 3:24 pm   6

@ James continued,
I also need to know something else, according to a link in somebody’s post (to here, i think.) it said that if you don’t play ‘certain’ games for x amount of time, then sce or games dev, not sure which, can basically remove them or restrict access, i mention that as tbh i never really played WipeoutHD/Fury since i downloaded them, so i hope that is false information, as i say the game Was allready on my ps3, And worked fine, But trying to play last night it 1st give me the 2.50 patch, then when ingame told me i was playing the limited/demo version.. Now i guess you may tell me to contact customer services, but the half of the game (unlock key) i need cost £6.99.. so If i go down that route i would spend More than that while ‘attempting’ to get to bottom of this problem, or glitch.. Hope you can help.

Juhal_1234 14 April, 2012 @ 5:36 pm   7

chrisandsheva
if what your saying about the whole
if you don’t play a game for a amount of time it gets deleted is true
then i for sure will be going to another company which offers gaming offers.
that is just wrong, its saying that we don’t own the game…….

check your transactions
then contact sony

because this whole thing is discriminating in my opinion
and whats also pathetic is that james can’t even reply to our comments
typical sony, when people want answers they don’t answer
but when people get’s happy or comment something positive, they get there butts of and comment

DAVIE222 14 April, 2012 @ 6:49 pm   8

Juhal_1234 isnt that theft? taking the games WE PAYED FOR, im sure thats theft even if we did buy it from sony, WE SPENT our money on the game and sony takes it aways (basicly takes away our money)

wow….thats discusting. also your right about James, HE HARDLY EVER REPLIES BACK!!!! its so annoying, and thats the main reason i dont like SCEE – its way to small.

ninja_tom 14 April, 2012 @ 7:30 pm   9

Hi,

1. The link under PSP in your article points at psmove
2. What content was there for PSP owners?
3. What content was there for PS Move owners?

I only ask because I have both and you mentioned there was something but I guess I will have to make do with Vita content!

orton131 14 April, 2012 @ 8:25 pm   10

God of War IV is one of the posts?

Me thinks so.

windsorblue01 15 April, 2012 @ 2:22 am   11

could someome please tell me why someone has put a load of raceing games i think its called grand prix weekend ltd time only in the sales section when the games are the same price as before they were put in the section

MidnightChampion 15 April, 2012 @ 5:11 am   12

orton131
Actually, a trailer is coming out on the 19th. The game is still,of course, under development. Also, im pretty sure the pre order boxes in that pic are fake.
If you are really interested at n GOW news, you should a check a site I found by luck called godofwarsource.com.
This is not advertising or promoting, just a tip from a fellow fan.

BULL_HITERS 15 April, 2012 @ 5:12 am   13

Well done playstation!

manutreble 15 April, 2012 @ 9:34 am   14

wish ppl would stop complaining !!!

Huono_peleis 15 April, 2012 @ 12:07 pm   15

@ manutreble

People stop complaining when Sony stops lying. Simple as that.

I see they have now removed the possibilty to rate the blogposts. I’m sure the ability to comment is next in line because the feedback they are getting is 90% negative. That’s the tactic – ignoring criticism and hoping it just goes away. See how there’s very little negative comments on the US blog. It’s because SCEA treats it’s customers more fairly while we have content missing, unfair or incorrect pricing and false promises week after week after week.

That’s why people keep complaining – they feel cheated and fairly so.

Project2insanity 15 April, 2012 @ 3:06 pm   16

@Huono_peleis; best way to answer is by quoting Agent K, “A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.”
Only thing he didn’t mention is the first sentence doesn’t apply to everyone.

DAVIE222 15 April, 2012 @ 3:06 pm   17

OH MY GOD Huono_peleis IS RIGHT! WE CAN NO LONGER RATE BLOGS!!!! WOW SCEE MUST REALLY HATE US! ITS OFFICIAL I HATE SCEE NOW. I CANT BELIVE THEY GOT RID OF THE RATING! I JUST NOTICED IT! WHEN DID THEY GET RID OF IT? OK NOW I HATE SCEE JUST LIKE THE REST OF THE COMMUNITY, SCEE YOU DONT REPLY BACK TO US, YOU DONT HELP US, YOUR PREFETIC.

(yes i typed in caps :D)

monoliet 15 April, 2012 @ 3:34 pm   18

psn constantly kicks me out.
evening between 20:00 and 2:00 in the morning. (Thursday, Friday and Saturday)
ip = ok
online = ok
psn = not ok

on vita i can go on psn on the moments i can not go on ps3 ?????
so i tink u have to many pers online ;
i pay psn + so i not like to not be abel to conected .

Juhal_1234 15 April, 2012 @ 4:05 pm   19

im gonna make sure i post negative from all scee posts

seriously…
usa= vidzone amazon instant video playstation store video
uk= vidzone, and playstation store video
europe = nothing only brazil

they shut down playstation network in the carabian

am i missing something here?

europe
uk
canada

they get treated like crap
guess who gets treats? USA
guess who gets bonus’s on ratchet and clank hd collection? U S A

what happened about freedom rights?
all countrys equal?

(Although available in 60 countries, many are still left out from PlayStation Network and PlayStation Store services which ended up with hundreds of ongoing petitions around the world asking Sony to add support for their countries allowing them to use PlayStation Network and PlayStation Store services. Many of the still ongoing petitions can be found at PlayStation Blog Share website)
wikipedia

Project2insanity 15 April, 2012 @ 4:34 pm   20

@DAVIE222; Do you notice the irony of your last comment? Oh, and thanks for proving the quote I posted.

chris-TK 15 April, 2012 @ 7:39 pm   21

I was wondering if skate 1, 2 or 3 would be coming out for the ps vita and also cod?!?!

James Gallagher 16 April, 2012 @ 9:39 am

There is a Call of Duty game announced for PS Vita but I have heard nothing about the Skate series, I’m afraid. Shame because I’m a fan.

DAYDANNY666 15 April, 2012 @ 9:17 pm   22

Every action sony take seems to be a bad move and makes us more angry with them.

Hassaan13 15 April, 2012 @ 11:09 pm   23

Cool! But when is the playstation app going to get the messaging service everyone has been waiting for. I cant wait for the update. Please keep me posted

James Gallagher 16 April, 2012 @ 9:40 am

I’m afraid I don’t think it’s going to be possible to implement PSN messaging on the PlayStation App.

DAVIE222

One reason it is a different company than SCEE. SCEE operates under European laws which are more employee friendly than US laws. They might have to do it as part of their contract. James would have an easier job than the US site has. I am guaranteed 20 days paid holiday a year but someone in the US has to work years to get the same benefits.

You may have noticed but Sony will be cutting 10,000 jobs this year so hiring someone to answer blog post is out of the question.

skilledsightzz10 16 April, 2012 @ 1:52 am   25

can u put sum playstation 2 games on the ps store for sony tablet s by any chance ps1 is a bit to retro for 2012 technology dont ya think

Kyou_Su 16 April, 2012 @ 3:49 am   26

When the character pack for sf x tekken coming?

Malik7866 19 April, 2012 @ 3:15 am   27

why arent my comments showing?