Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 3:00pm

Paint Park, Treasure Park And Wake-up Club Coming To PS Vita For Free

PlayStation Vita owners can look forward to a trio of free applications to help you make the most of the handheld console’s unique features, the first of which will be available to download this week, on 18 April.

Turning the PS Vita‘s impressive 5″OLED screen into a sketch pad, Paint Park is fun for beginners and expert artists alike. Using PS Vita’s touchscreen to make and share drawings; you can doodle, sketch and scribble quickly and easily with the virtual markers and on-screen colour palette. The PS Vita’s front and rear cameras can play a part too, as you can take pictures and add your own creative imaginings to them.

02b 02a

Simple and fun Paint Park can also be a socially rewarding as users can share their work and even compete with up to five friends in the online multiplayer via the Ad Hoc mode.

This summer we’ll be releasing Treasure Park, an application that allows you to create your own puzzles to challenge your friends with. It’s a great way to connect with friends and other PS Vita users, as you can use the near application and 3G to find puzzles to play and share your own, wherever you are.

Play05 Play06

And finally, Wake-up Club will also be available this summer. This application turns your PS Vita into an alarm clock that can sync up with other PS Vita users who set their alarm for the same time.

2012-03-23-112233 2012-03-23-111136

We hope that PS Vita owners will check out these new, free applications, starting with Paint Park on 18 April.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

53 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first

The Wake-up Club sounds really good, but won’t it drain the Battery a lot?

azakajam 17 April, 2012 @ 3:08 pm   2

DrawSomething compatibility would be amazing! ><

MWorldII 17 April, 2012 @ 3:08 pm   3

Interesting) Hopefully it will be availabe in Russian Store :)

Mayumi Donovan 17 April, 2012 @ 3:30 pm

yes, Paint Park is available on all PlayStation Store for PS Vita

Wake up Club sounds cooool.

nukester 17 April, 2012 @ 3:15 pm   5

free is music to my ears, will there be trophy support (most likely not) as welcome park had trophies

Well hopefully you can turn the sync off on the alarm clock and just use it as a normal alarm clock.

Paint park looks fun,
does paint park include trophies?

Mayumi Donovan 17 April, 2012 @ 3:34 pm

There are no trophies for Paint Park. but there is a competition mode which you can play with your friends.

Alex-1124 17 April, 2012 @ 3:21 pm   8

Paint Park Ad Hoc multiplayer only? Was starting to think it was the new Draw Something for Vita owners. I wouldn’t mind paying for app like Draw Something if it came to the Vita and I’m sure loads of others wouldn’t too.

manutreble 17 April, 2012 @ 3:24 pm   9

Sounds fun

almighty-slayer 17 April, 2012 @ 3:36 pm   10

“Wake up club” sounds bizarre. Yet, it also sounds awesome.

supersmith2500 17 April, 2012 @ 3:40 pm   11

Awesome, more free games for the Vita. Don’t care if there’s no trophy support but I might pick it up. gotta love drawing. Besides I only care for trophies on PS3 only.

MildSevenOsX 17 April, 2012 @ 3:46 pm   12

Love this kind of apps !

Hopefully we will also see some third-party apps roll in too. Skype is coming this month so really hope the next one will be youtube!!

undergroundgr 17 April, 2012 @ 3:53 pm   14

good stuff but i would like to see more important apps like skype and youtube asap.

What about the skype app? When will that be released?

WildKnight1972 17 April, 2012 @ 4:08 pm   16

I’m looking forward to the wakeup app, I need another alarm to wake me up in the morning but we need the PSVita Cradle to be release in the EU to make it work properly

my_son_roo 17 April, 2012 @ 4:23 pm   17

Mayumi? Where is T@G? Shouldn’t this be available before these as it was announced before PS Vita’s release?

Mayumi Donovan 17 April, 2012 @ 4:53 pm

Hi we are working on it. please keep an eye on the blog for latest news.

Shin-Ra 17 April, 2012 @ 4:45 pm   18

“the online multiplayer via the Ad Hoc mode”

Which is it? Online multiplayer or Ad Hoc (local multiplayer)?

Mayumi Donovan 17 April, 2012 @ 5:00 pm

hi, it is Ad hoc mode multiplay up to 6 people (including yourself).

ninja_tom 17 April, 2012 @ 4:47 pm   19

Free = day 1 download in my book.

The alarm thing sounds interesting!

Worfthedog 17 April, 2012 @ 4:52 pm   20

@16, it’s not worth waiting for the cradle when ou can get them now on eBay – got mine from here…

Paul.

Jules-Leuty 17 April, 2012 @ 4:54 pm   21

All Apps look promising, looking forward to them hitting the PS Store :D

prycestation3 17 April, 2012 @ 5:08 pm   22

great look forward to it il be checking it out tomorrow :)

Huono_peleis 17 April, 2012 @ 5:32 pm   23

Are “Calculator Club” and “Let’s Make Notes” going to be released soon? Calculator Club syncs with other Vita users making calculations and Let’s Make Notes plays tunes while you make notes and you can buy new tunepacks from PSN store.

Bumblebee 17 April, 2012 @ 6:11 pm   24

Free stuff is great but Sony REALLY need to pull their finger out with Vita…

- Remote Play for more PS3 games, for a start.
- PSOne compatibility would also be welcome
- Bundle Vita versions with PS3 games
- Get Vodafone to sort their website out so we can actually top the SIM cards up. I’ve already given up and am replacing mine from one from a decent mobile network that actually has decent UK coverage, AND – miracle of miracles! – they’ll let me top it up!
- Improve Google maps (e.g. navigation?)
- Improve the browser (so sites like YouTube actually work)
- Release some new games!
- Give us the ability to use it as a PS3 controller

I love my Vita but there is so much untapped potential there… Sony NEED to add functionality to it as soon as possible rather than leave it untapped for years, as I suspect they might.

Come on Sony, this cost me a lot of money and at the moment there are functions missing that would make a great machine incredible.

You would certainly make me happy if I could play Skyrim on my PS3 from my couch while my girlfriend is watching tripe on the (shared) TV like Embarrassing Bodies or Stupid Fat Pikey Marriages or whatever.

Pazazamadaz 17 April, 2012 @ 6:14 pm   25

Apart from syncing with other vitas what will the alarm clock app do. What will it sync? Will it share video from the cameras??? More info on that one please :-)

guitardevil6 17 April, 2012 @ 6:20 pm   26

This is all great guys, and I will definitely download these when they’re available! But you should be talking about stuff that was already promised to us before the PSVita release…

Galvanise_ 17 April, 2012 @ 7:04 pm   27

You have your priorities all wrong. PSX support should have been there for the EU launch, we still don’t have a Vita Netflix or LoveFILM application, the web-browser doesn’t run flash etc.

Get the basics right first, then start with all the fancy stuff.

mdogg91 17 April, 2012 @ 7:13 pm   28

Looks great, thanks Sony. Any free app is a better experience overall

Diablo_Rosso 17 April, 2012 @ 7:20 pm   29

I just can’t help feeling that those are a waste of time. Where’s the PS1 support? Better browser? More PSP games supported? Even PS2 games, I know there are no plans for that at the moment but there should be, instead of this nonsense. It sums up Sony, great at hardware, poor at software.

mxk1000 17 April, 2012 @ 7:37 pm   30

I really want new content for the Vita. But this Trio is not what I was expecting.
And the worrying thing is two come out in the summer, is this a typical lead time for Vita content? Or is there some surprises that will appear without a blog on the forum?

Evil_Dr_Z 17 April, 2012 @ 8:05 pm   31

So the Wake up Club will spam my friends news feed with “Evil_Dr_Z got up at 6am today!” – great, I have a phone for an alarm clock, also for casual gaming. What my phone doesn’t have is a D-pad, buttons, twin analogue sticks and a rear touchpad – but it does have games. IN ABUNDANCE.

free stuff is always good in my book. nice one. skype, flash/html5, youtube, psx support and ps3 remote play now please. (yes, i know..tech demo blah blah. still showed it was possible though didn’t it?)

oops..forgot uk netflix… oh. so have sony….again. Any answers why?

somethingatt 17 April, 2012 @ 8:26 pm   34

Awesome! More handheld-y stuff like this please instead of PS3 games/apps being uninspired-ly ported to VITA with input changes.

Nice looking apps, we needed an alarm clock maybe one that looks less like a cartoon but nice. And as everyone has already mentioned… What we really want is what we were promised from the beginning.

PS3 Game remote play
PS1 Support
All MiNis Games
All PSP Games
HTML 5
Flash
Etc.

Worfthedog 17 April, 2012 @ 9:01 pm   36

I’ll second that @Bumblebee

Love my PS3s & Vita – but the Vita is a gold mine waiting to be opened!

Paul.

I guess they don’t answer anything on the EU blog either? I thought I’d give it a shot. The US blog never answers any comments either. I guess they think they are better off pretending the problem doesn’t exist, just like when PSN was hacked. They didn’t tell us anything until [CENSORED] really hit the fan!

Just thinking, why will it take til the summer to make a alarm clock?

By the looks of things the design already been made

Montpelier 17 April, 2012 @ 11:34 pm   39

Hi Mayumi, I notice you have a Toro avatar. As a big fan of (pre-Weekly) Mainichi Issho and other Toro stuffs, do you think Sony will ever give him a more global presence? I know quite a few people who would love to get their hands on Vita’s Friend Network or other Toro softwares.

Is this really the best way for Sony to be spending development time and money.

inb4 ‘it’s free so shut up’, just because it’s free doesn’t make it worthwhile.

Complete the features that have already been announced (PSone compatibility, Skype etc), get the device ‘perfect’ before mucking around and releasing rubbish like this.

My phone already does these things pretty well, I don’t need my expensive games console to do it too.

adumr82 18 April, 2012 @ 9:51 am   41

Junk that won’t be used after the first 2-3 days. how about real apps like netflix please? I don’t get why you didn’t just have an android app emulator like RIM have been working on for the playbook. would make sense.

AquaePhobos 18 April, 2012 @ 11:36 am   42

Why finnish ps strore don’t have it? When it will be available?

sharpenedpixel 18 April, 2012 @ 11:50 am   43

Love your Toro avatar, Mayumi! I wish we saw more of him in Europe, like if we got a localised version of Mainichi Issho/Weekly Toro Station or even the dynamic themes and calendar wallpaper.

ChameleonVector 18 April, 2012 @ 12:11 pm   44

When will PSone Classics be supported, and the Skype app?

I’ll be having a laugh with a few friends with the drawing app, not sure if I’ll bother with the others, seem pretty cool though. :)

AvatarIII 18 April, 2012 @ 1:06 pm   45

do you need a GPS/3G vita for treasure park?

Gooders_Go 18 April, 2012 @ 1:51 pm   46

nice, but could do with online multiplayer

Terminado_4eva 18 April, 2012 @ 2:43 pm   47

hey is it released or not yet ? its april 18 and i cant find it in the store ! please help im having uae account

Amman95 18 April, 2012 @ 7:31 pm   48

Make a Youtube app and media server app like on PS3 so you can watch videos and listen to music from PC.

James_Milligan_5 19 April, 2012 @ 2:03 am   49

its the 19th and all that i can find is paint park and that is if i serch it :(

and where is the skype app

POLSKAPUNK20 19 April, 2012 @ 10:16 pm   50