Posted 20 April

Get Your Design in Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

How would you like to see your design become part of a real video game?

Well, now you can, thanks to the Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time competition that will start today, Friday April 20th.

Take a look at this video from Sanzaru’s CEO Glen Egan talking about the competition:

Exciting isn’t it?

So just to recap: Sly is a sneaky raccoon descendant of a long line of master thieves. In this brand new adventure, he embarks on a mischievous journey with his loyal friends Murray and Bentley.

Here’s a short trailer, just to give you an idea of the mayhem that awaits you…

During his mission, packed with epic boss battles, dangerous missions and stealthy moves, he will find some precious treasures scattered around. A treasure can be practically anything; from a lamp to a teapot to a precious ring… you name it!

And now we want YOU to free your imagination and create something that you think Sly might want to steal during his mission – and bring back to his hideout. Remember, as Glen said: no living animals, no weapons (Sly is a pacifist thief, after all) and preferably an object that can be carried on your shoulders.

The mechanic is very simple: draw an object you think could be a great in-game treasure. You can use any computer programme (Photoshop, or good old Paint), or simply paper and pencil (you’ll have to take a picture or scan it, in this case). Then, upload your creation here:  together with a short description of what that item is.

You don’t have to be Picasso! Just draw something simple and original, and use the description to explain clearly what you want it to be.

The best design from each country will be picked by Sanzaru and will win a PS Vita and a 16BG Memory Card. But that’s not all! The winners will also gain access to the second round of the competition – among all local winners, Sanzaru will pick EIGHT final winners that will see their designs transformed into real in-game treasures!

This means that, once the game is out this Autumn, you’ll get the chance to steal your own treasure.

What are you waiting for?

Head over to: eu.playstation.com/slycompetition and submit your treasure!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

17 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

supersmith2500 20 April, 2012 @ 3:09 pm   1

This is awesome, beaten all three Slys and can’t wait for the second one and I might be up into entering this. This is gonna be fun.

Great contest!
I´m now playing the 3th Sly game (platinumd the former 2).
I missed them on the PS2 so it´s great to catch up on these great games and it looks that the 4th game is also going to be awesome.

Alex-1124 20 April, 2012 @ 3:41 pm   3

Was sold when I first saw the moon in the E3 trailer, I was slightly worried when I saw Sucker Punch weren’t behind Sly 4 but now I’m all for it as this is looking fantastic from what has been shown off so far.

For the competition are you allowed several or just the one entry?

Erica Doddato 20 April, 2012 @ 3:48 pm

Hi Alex-1124,

Glad you like the game!
    It’s just one entry per person so think wisely…:-)

Erica

Alex-1124 20 April, 2012 @ 3:54 pm   4

Thanks Erica :) I hope to see you back again some time in the future with that special/collectors edition of Sly 4 we all want :P

residentSteve 20 April, 2012 @ 5:38 pm   5

I have never played sly until recently when the 1st game was free on ps plus I can’t believe I missed them on ps2 I played far to much ratchet and clank and jak and daxter back then just got the trilogy today now I’ve beaten the 1st game and should them completed by the time the 4th is out.

I can’t believe how good these games are conpaired to infamous which I can’t get into I have tryed playing it 4 or 5 times now it is just not fun to play.

DAYDANNY666 20 April, 2012 @ 8:21 pm   6

Did you look how the game looks visually or did your high end PC break!

origin genesis you should all get one and make real games that look good and not like ps2 games.

You cheat design your own or can`t you think for your self or are you trying to cut development costs.

Have they ever made a game for the ps3 before are people going to get and find it don`t work as intended to Like Slient HIll Downpour or Skyrim or saints row.

Dang. Looks like the competition isn’t open to those of us from Ireland. That’s really sucks. I was so excited to submit an entry too.

Erica Doddato 21 April, 2012 @ 11:22 am

Hi SKELLY7,

As per competition’s Terms and Conditions, the contest is open to Ireland :)

“The Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time competition (“Competition”) is open to persons aged 12 years or over who are residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, United Kingdom (“Entrant Countries”)

To clarify, it’s also open to people from the US.

Now go get drawing!

monk9899 21 April, 2012 @ 5:45 am   8

Why are none of these competitions open in India?
I could have made an awesome design… :/

abdirizak007 21 April, 2012 @ 9:41 am   9

it will come to Denmark? Can´t wait <3

Erica Doddato 21 April, 2012 @ 11:24 am

Hi abdirizak007,

it’s open to people in Denmark (check my response to comment nr.7) – so get to it!

Thanks for the help Erica, but when I sign in to check the competitions information on playstation.com, it’s tells me I’m not eligible to enter the competition even though I’m 18 and from Ireland so I should be allowed to enter. Right?

Can I get some clarification about this? Is it a problem with the site?

Carnivius_Prime 21 April, 2012 @ 12:45 pm   11

@have to disagree with residentsteve. I love the infamous games and find them extremely fun to play (certainly my favorite PS3 franchise after Uncharted) but anyways I’ve really enjoyed the Sly Trilogy (except this one hugely annoying fiddly bit on Sly 2 I just can’t seem to do) and looking forward to Sly 4. Even if Sucker Punch aren’t doing this one it looks like it’s in great hands.

SixelAlexiS 21 April, 2012 @ 6:56 pm   12

Wow… no Italy?

Sadly i’m not surprised anymore… … …

Just submitted my entry, win or lose I can’t wait to meet up with Sly and the gang once more. They are fantastic games and it looks like Sanzaru are doing an equally fantastic job.

tyreytrdh 22 April, 2012 @ 2:29 pm   14

What about Canada?

Oh thats exciting news! I’m glad that Sony is paying attention to Greece (Uncharted 3 with greek subtitles, Buzz with greek voice overs and questions and the competitions are open for us too :D ) Thank you, I love the Sly cooper franchise and I will give it a shot :D Get ready people!

MrTurtIe 23 April, 2012 @ 10:31 am   16

will this be on the ps vita?

Kamigai 24 April, 2012 @ 5:31 pm   17

and, what about Ukranine?