Posted 4:00pm

The SingStore On 2nd May 2012 With Lana, Matt Cardle And More…

Here I am again with the first SingStore update in May featuring two more tracks by the fantastic Lana Del Rey and another Essentials song pack from Blur, just because we love them so much.

Lana Del Rey_Blue Jeans

As usual you can find the full track list below which includes the five Def Leppard tracks from the song pack as singles, two Spanish language hits plus tracks by 2010 X Factor winner Matt Cardle and true classics from Kim Wilde and Scott McKenzie.

Def Leppard_Pour Some Sugar On Me

Don’t forget there are still fifteen 80s tracks up for grabs for less in the ‘Charts’ section in game. If you haven’t got yours yet you better hurry as they will only be available for a little while longer.

We now also publish a new and exciting ‘Charts’ list every Friday. Feel free to check out this week’s ‘Songs About Places’ right now. You never know, you might even discover a track or two you’d never have thought about looking for in the SingStore!

Now, if you have an Android smartphone, I suggest you head over to the Google Play store and download the excellent DanceStar Mobile app which is now available as a free download. Yes, it’s free so no harm in checking it out, right?

Have a good week!

Nina xx

In English
Def Leppard Armegeddon it
Def Leppard Pour Some Sugar On Me
Def Leppard Let’s Get Rocked
Def Leppard Love Bites
Def Leppard Hysteria
Kim Wilde Cambodia
Lana Del Rey Blue Jeans
Lana Del Rey Born To Die
Matt Cardle Amazing
Scott McKenzie San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair)
Troels Gustavsen Times (Blue Signs)
In Spanish
Luz No me importa nada
Sidonie El incendio
Final_Blur_2
Song pack
Essentials: Blur 2
Blur Girls & Boys
Blur Parklife
Blur Song 2
Blur Coffee & TV
Blur To The End

Track has previously been released on a disc.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

11 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

CoolRichy008UK 30 April, 2012 @ 5:52 pm   1

just stick every song ever made in singstar in 1 update n be done with it thats y i hate singing games

Claudio-Bertozzi 30 April, 2012 @ 7:39 pm   2

Woohoo! More Lana Del Rey! Unfortunately she can’t sing live, but those 2 songs are great ones! Try getting more recent tracks like these! Good job Singstar. By the way, do you have any news if there will be more Lady Gaga songs soon? We all really hope to see some new tracks of her in the Singstore!

See you next time

Nina Scherer 2 May, 2012 @ 2:16 pm

She can’t? :(

Might not be looking too good on the Gaga front right now but you never know!

SideshowN 30 April, 2012 @ 8:29 pm   3

The Kim Wilde, Lana Del Rey, and Scott McKenzie tracks are all welcome add ons to the library.

butchman0209 30 April, 2012 @ 9:15 pm   4

After seeing how bad the songs are again I threw up all over my keyboard.

Nina Scherer 2 May, 2012 @ 2:17 pm

Hope you feel better again and had good cleaning materials to hand.

PuRe_Carnagex 30 April, 2012 @ 10:49 pm   5

Heyy, nina (: i was wondering could we have a bit more rock music!? i’d love singstar even more if you put paramore on the store and maybe more aerosmith!? :]

Nina Scherer 2 May, 2012 @ 2:18 pm

We have tons on the list so there might be some coming up soon. No Aerosmith though for now. Unfortunately.

Bumblebee 1 May, 2012 @ 1:03 am   6

Another appalling update.

Whoever thinks there is a demand for Def Leppard on SingStar should be stuck in a rocket and fired into space. There’s not a demand for Def Leppard ANYTHING.

I liked Kim Wilde back in the day but “Cambodia”? I have no idea what that is. “Kids In America” perhaps. “Four Letter Word”, maybe. “Cambodia”? I’d have to Google it, which means it’s hardly a song that everyone will be clamouring to sing.

The only saving grace here is Lana del Ray, purely because it shows someone there is actually listening to some recent, half decent music. However, I don’t particularly care for her as I am bored of her now. Overplayed. Shame.

Can’t we have some uplifting indie/rock tunes, like The Vaccines? Or more Pulp, e.g. Babies. Perhaps something like “Slight Return” by The Bluetones; a geniune sing-along uplifting classic.

I cannot believe there are many people out there jumping for joy because you’ve added some more Def Leppard songs. I don’t really want to live in a world where people do.

Raingmc 1 May, 2012 @ 12:49 pm   7

Are there going to be any more dance or guitar add-ons.
if the bug isn’t fixed to purchase them can we have another disc.

Also has anyone ever requested the Golden Ticket song from the willy wonka and the chocolate factory i think that would be a great song to have on singstar.

one last thing… on the singstar wikipedia page it says there is 3 upcoming releases… any truth to that?

Nina Scherer 2 May, 2012 @ 2:25 pm

Nothing planned at the moment, I’m afraid.

Wikipedia is not an official SCEE page as far as I am aware, so not sure who updates this? I’d like to know which discs are supposed to come out, too :)

QUINT69 1 May, 2012 @ 3:11 pm   8

It’s about time we were able to request certain songs, to be downloaded personally to our own PSN account, personally there are loads and loads that that I want, that are just not out there in the singstar world.

ObroniGuy 2 May, 2012 @ 2:22 pm   9

This update is as dreadful as the last one !

Really disappointing again. The Def Leppard release was already a Songpack – hardly “new stuff”. Many groups have been released with just a handful of songs as downloads, why can’t we get more – I mean, Elvis Presley, Dire Straits, Johnny Cash.

Bottom line – more nineties nightclub music, more 50s/60s/70s, more tacky 80s stuff (particularly cheesy love songs), and more releases from the old PS2 backcatalogue, which I was of the understanding would be released when Singstar came out on PS3.

The development team seem to be rapidly losing it’s capability to deliver a song per update that I would be interested in.

My other request is that there is a release one day that allows rap scoring to be sacked in favour of regular scoring, I’ve yet to find anyone who knows how rap scoring works. On the few songs you can sack the rap scoring, I do every time !

As for releases, sad for this brilliant game to be hamstrung by continually poor updates, but unfortunately true. I mean, if I were the only one saying it, but I read the comments most of the time, and the releases are just getting put to the sword by the angry mob every fortnight now.

Eti-79 3 May, 2012 @ 2:29 pm   10

Hi! When i was going throw my songlist a few songs where gone due copyright issues, the message i got was to erase them from the list by option and the re-download from the singstore, but now they arenĀ“t on my shop history!? Can you guys at HQ please help me with this??? I have e-mailed all the supports i know about already. 17 songs missing for more then 5 weeks :-( :-(

Onyxke 14 May, 2012 @ 1:55 pm   11

Nice to see some recent songs in there. Do you have any plans to get more Britney Spears songs on the Singstore? Or maybe a Britney Spears Singstar disc with all her singles on it :) ? Also is there a chance we might get some J.Lo in there or Madonna?

Keep up the great work