Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 6:02pm

All Starhawk Beta Players Will Receive Free Gifts

After years of hard work on Starhawk, I am wicked excited to finally announce that Starhawk has gone gold and will be on store shelves in PAL regions from 9th May. GOOOOOAAAAALLLL….D!

Starhawk is not your normal off-the-shelf shooter. We’ve certainly taken some chances with this game, but it’s gonna be worth it: The Build & Battle system alters the traditional shooter recipe in such a way that when you play other shooters, you may find yourself frustrated that you can’t build bunkers, walls, outposts, and all the other stuff that Starhawk lets you build. So if you’re a shooter fan looking for a change of pace, definitely pick up Starhawk!

Nothing ever comes easy though, and integrating Build & Battle certainly took a bunch of iteration and refinement, both internally during production here at LightBox Interactive, and also during our private and public betas. You guys were really great beta testers, so as a “thank you” for your participation, we’re giving you two exclusive items.

The first is The Hand of the Founder. It’s an exclusive character accessory for anyone who played in the BETA. It’s a gold, glowing, atom-looking thing that is bonded to your right hand. It’s intended to be a way to show off to your friends and everyone else online that you were one of Starhawk’s founders. That you had a hand in its creation!

The second item is the Warhawk Paint Set. It includes two exclusive vehicle paint schemes that you can use to customize any of your vehicles in Starhawk. The Warhawk Paint Set is available to any Starhawk Beta tester who was *ALSO* a Warhawk player. You get the olive-drab military look of Warhawk’s Eucadians as well as the stealthy, black and gunmetal look of the Chernovans.

Both The Hand of the Founder and the Warhawk Paint Set are Starhawk Beta exclusives. In order for you to get the first item, we will identify your downloading of the Starhawk Beta; you will receive the second item if you’ve downloaded both the Beta and the Warhawk PS3 full game from PSN. If you have both, that means you will get both items! Please note that this will be the only way you will receive these items, and they are intended to be very special “thank you” items that will never be re-released or sold. This is the only way we can target you fans out there.

Like you heard me say in the video, the release of Starhawk on May 9th is just the beginning! We’re going to be continuing to release updates and refinements to Starhawk to make sure the community is getting the best Starhawk experience we can provide.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

24 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
Malamo999 1 May, 2012 @ 6:09 pm   1

THIS is why I love LBI and the rest of the team. They reward players for playing their game when it was even in the early development stages. Cheers, Dylan. :)

SKELLY7 1 May, 2012 @ 6:17 pm   2

Great news! Really excited to play the full version after the awesomeness that was the Beta.

geddesmond2 1 May, 2012 @ 6:19 pm   3

2 questions. First if you only played a few matches in the beta because you didn’t want to ruin the full games experience do you still get the items? and second question is what about people who bought retail copies of Warhawk? I noticed in the post yous said download warhawk from PSN. It has no mention of owning the retail copy

andrewsqual 1 May, 2012 @ 6:36 pm   4

Thank you so much for taking the time to address us in the PAL region also Dylan. Usually if a Sony game is developed on the other side of the pond we are left wondering “Does this apply to us or just America?”, looking at you Jaffe. Thanks Dylan, you are awesome.

KylieDog 1 May, 2012 @ 6:57 pm   5

So day 1 I will be denied content other users have because I could not access the beta I wanted to.

This sort of thing just discourages people to buy your game, you know this right? It is not a reward to beta players, it a punishment to people who couldn’t play beta.

I want access to every bit of content other players have for the same price (free) or get stuffed.

No sale.

CRASHBASHUK 1 May, 2012 @ 6:57 pm   6

and 11th for uk and ire woo hoo i preored mine on play.com with pre-order bonus ;)

Scuffy_P 1 May, 2012 @ 7:00 pm   7

Thought PAL release was the 11th of May? That’s at least what every trailer not intended for NA (8th May) has been telling me for months. So now it’s Wednesday 9th May? Hope that’s right.

I am buying it. But, I’ve just watched over 20 minutes of the opening missions on Gametrailers (too much to expect PSN to have anything current available) and although the Singleplayer campaign isn’t simply Multiplayer with bots…it does look a little forced. From looking at Starhawk it appears quite plainly that it was always developed as a Multiplayer game, with Singleplayer as a complete afterthought. Shame.

Singleplayer will always take central importance for me and judging from sales figures of SP titles against MP the general gaming public does too.

Anyway, I loved Warhawk (downloaded it at launch) even with all the crazy ranking and progression bugs, so I know I’ll love Starhawk. I just hoped for a “real” SP campaign this time. Maybe in Seahawk or Battlehawk? (joke)

Good luck.

fifachris720 1 May, 2012 @ 7:11 pm   8

Hi, I bought Warhawk on a disk. Will I still get the 2nd bonus?

toxic-inferno 1 May, 2012 @ 7:49 pm   9

I really hope that those of us who shelled out more for the Retail copy of Warhawk will get the extra paint schemes! I’d be very upset to miss out on this!

xenokiller90 1 May, 2012 @ 8:44 pm   10

wow steady there with the freebies;)

Titchy_Penguin 1 May, 2012 @ 9:19 pm   11

Do we get the bonus if we were in te beta and then buy warhawk in say 3 weeks? I doubt it but worth asking.

andrewsqual 1 May, 2012 @ 11:18 pm   12

@KylieDog You do know that the BETA was FREE FOR ALL to play for 5 whole weeks since Feb 22nd??? It wasn’t cryptic how to obtain it either, it was just on the PS Store.
No I don’t think it “discourages people to buy the game” they got to take part in and test for 5 weeks. I suggest you speak to your ISP because it sounds like your internet has been down the last 2 months.

Carl-G 1 May, 2012 @ 11:22 pm   13

“GOLD!!!
Always believe in your soul
you’ve got the power to know
you’re indestructible
always believe in…SONY”
(i know that was terrible) :D
COOL i will use that ‘The Hand of the Founder’ when i get the game;)

KylieDog 2 May, 2012 @ 12:58 am   14

@andrewsqual

Playing the game early via the beta is a nice reward, robbing non beta players of something is not a reward of any kind. The content exists, it is not being given to beta players, is being witheld from non-beta players.

sumpunk 2 May, 2012 @ 1:49 am   15

what about people who bought the game on disc? thats pretty shitty. im not in the habit of buying things twice.
this is all because you think your customers all trade or sell each game they have ever bought.

chrisandsheva 2 May, 2012 @ 9:30 am   16

Have to say I can’t find No fault with this, but firstly i am not a war/star-hawk player..except for demo/beta.. The guy says at end of his post that ‘thats the only way of finding the players’.. ok i’m no expert on costs of using computers to scan Warhawk servers And then match+e-mail a code out to everone who both played beta And Warhawk… But it does sound like it’ll cost (some) and be difficult or unreliable… i would like to add more but don’t know the facts… ie how long after the psn release did disc come out, as If it never had All dlc on it then they could Still reward ppl who bought that…. But after all is said, these freebies aren’t gamebreakers, like early access to lvl10 or powerfull weapons etc…or as certain devs call them ‘limited/special editions…btw good luck on 11th.. beta was good.

kool-chris93 2 May, 2012 @ 10:28 am   17

Sooooo looking forward to it! :D

Hidstar 2 May, 2012 @ 11:05 am   18

I too have the disc version of Warhawk, but I do have the Warhawk DLC. Maybe that’ll help?

Fikston 2 May, 2012 @ 4:16 pm   19

I have the retail version, but I guess that doesn’t count? I don’t want to buy Warhawk right now to receive the skins :P

KucukAslan67 2 May, 2012 @ 6:29 pm   20

i really loved tihs game but i couldnt join to the beta . İm waiting your game from Turkey.

nemo20000 4 May, 2012 @ 3:31 pm   21

Hey wait! Download the full Warhawk game from PSN? But I have the disc.

How about you expand that criteria to ANY of the Warhawk PSN downloads – Omega Dawn, Broken Mirror and Tau Crater. That way you pick up most of the disc owning beta players too. Deal?

playstion3man 8 May, 2012 @ 1:40 pm   22

Yeah. I own the disc version of warhawk.. (got it for the headset and I like physical discs better) I hope we still get the warhawk items..

RandyVie86 9 May, 2012 @ 9:01 pm   23

This sounds awsome!

Allthough, a few things have allready gone bad (in Belgium).
I pre-ordered the game, but when i got it, the online pass did not work yet, i have no vouvher for the free DLC and most importantly i played hours and hours of the beta, but i can”t seem to find the golden hand in the customization screens, is this going to be released or am i missing out on this?

SAS_Harrap 15 May, 2012 @ 2:23 pm   24

I was in the Beta and had Warhawk the day it was released but it won’t let me download these 2 free gifts, any reason for this?