Posted 4 May

The Making Of Sorcery: Technology

This is the first post in a four-part series from the development team about the making of Sorcery. In this video, we talk about how artists, engineers, and designers at The Workshop designed the game to take advantage of the unique capabilities of the Move controller in order to create a completely original spell-casting experience. While some motion-controlled games feel like you’re playing “Simon Says”, the gestures in Sorcery are fluid and organic. Aiming spells and chaining them together into powerful combos requires both creative thinking and quick reflexes.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

11 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

jorge197 4 May, 2012 @ 3:35 pm   1

This game is going to be a keeper, thanks for the vid guys, keep it up

kool-chris93 4 May, 2012 @ 3:47 pm   2

Sooooo looking forward to this game! Cant wait to make my own tornadoes :P

ShadowGandalf 4 May, 2012 @ 4:00 pm   3

So far, all my Move has been used for, has been LittleBigPlanet 2′s Move Pack, Tumble, 4 Elements HD and Flight Control HD. I’m looking forward to a much more engaging experience like Sorcery.

vonhammer 4 May, 2012 @ 4:07 pm   4

Been interested since that E3 demo a few years back.

I do have a complaint,and it’s a bit of a strange one :) The lead characters accent.

It doesn’t fit the world,I dont,and can’t associate this style of American accent,in this kind of game.
I’m not one for history,but I’d guess most fantasy stuff like this is based on pre christian myths,or what could be called paganism.

It just feels out of place,and sounds awkward because of it.I said it was a strange one :) It’s the Kevin Costner,Robin Hood thing.

SKIBADEE187 4 May, 2012 @ 8:05 pm   5

got this baby on preorder.

SKIBADEE187 4 May, 2012 @ 8:06 pm   6

got this baby on preorder have wanted this since the E3 showing.

Thulith112 5 May, 2012 @ 6:28 am   7

nice

Qwerty3199 5 May, 2012 @ 7:26 am   8

cool

xscapeguy2007 5 May, 2012 @ 2:38 pm   9

This is going to sell move and further ps3.s there is nothing like it! One critism i was hoping it would take advantage of all new tech Possibly 3d?

Really looking forward to this.

I think this is the relaunch of move and that Sony has got it correct.

OttoT 5 May, 2012 @ 2:56 pm   10

This is looking better and more engaging than I thought this game would be.
Let me try the demo please.

TINTINTB303 7 May, 2012 @ 2:46 pm   11

Looks like it could be a good game and a great reason to reach for your Move controller again.
I just hope that with it being a full retail blu ray disc release that it doesn’t price itself out of the market. £29.99 tops I’m thinking… Any news on what price bracket it will be in yet??