Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 5:00pm

World Premiere: Assassin’s Creed III Gameplay Footage

Hey there PlayStation Assassins!

The World Premiere Gameplay Trailer of Assassin’s Creed III is finally here! We know you’ve been waiting for this since the initial announcement back in March, so go ahead and watch it right now…I’ll be right here when you’re done.

Okay, now that you’ve been properly introduced to Connor, our new Assassin, there are a couple of things in this video that I’d like to call your attention to.

Firstly, there are the basics of Connor’s character. He is a brutally effective Assassin, taking down his targets with speed and dexterity. Note how he flows across the battlefield, moving from one kill to another in a seamless, unbroken pace, until finally finishing his target with vicious grace. There’s also Connor’s Native American/English heritage, which adds complexity and richness to his motivation.

On top of the incredibly fluid combat, Connor is generally more agile and deft in his movements, easily able to employ all of the trademark maneuvers of the Assassin. Now, however, Connor can travel through the trees as effortlessly as he sprints across rooftops and, for the first time in the Assassin’s Creed series, barrel through open windows, using building interiors to obscure his escape!

We also get a peek at how Connor will interact with some famous historical figures (who’s the guy with the cigar?) as well as wildlife in this trailer, showing off just the tiniest fraction of the vast living world the Assassin’s Creed series is known for.

There’s still so much more to reveal, but all that will have to wait. We’ve still got a few months before Assassin’s Creed III launches at the end of October.

Ignite the revolution!
UbiGabe

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

37 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
Blackglasswar 10 May, 2012 @ 5:18 pm   1

Sweet! Looks awesome. Especially the part running through buildings with open windows.

jetpacksheep 10 May, 2012 @ 6:03 pm   2

The part which interested me most is how that tree branch bent when he landed on it, i wonder if some pretty cool physics are gonna be in play with this game. Also @1 the running through windows does look awesome

Nightmare966 10 May, 2012 @ 6:04 pm   3

Well, I can only say one thing: amazing. It’s great to see how you guys have improved over everything the saga has offered so far.

I hope to see more at E3 :D

almighty-slayer 10 May, 2012 @ 6:31 pm   4

I don’t like it. Looks boring. I think i’m finally bored of AC after 4 games in as many years.

CoolRichy008UK 10 May, 2012 @ 6:54 pm   5

im deffo buying this on ps store and yess it will be on ps store the other AC games are and anyone who doesnt like this new game or who dont buy it well you know what you are (BEEPED OUT) and you will be missing out BIGTIME

CoolRichy008UK 10 May, 2012 @ 7:05 pm   6

Minor PSN Maintenance scheduled for Today 10th May
Options

on 10-05-2012 09:58 AM

There is PSN maintenance scheduled to take place today, Thursday 10th May from 17:00 to 00:00 BST on Friday 11th May.

There will be no major impact on the PSN however a small number of users may be affected when making PS Store purchases or downloading content. If this does happen simply re-attempt the action and it should succeed.

We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Any questions please ask.

SFZ

iisc2k7 10 May, 2012 @ 7:19 pm   7

Cool trailer, Gabe!

Will all buildings have interiors you can climb into?

CoolRichy008UK 10 May, 2012 @ 7:26 pm   8

u can do that in gtaV iisc2k7 LOL

and i dont care if ppl will get AC3 or not and i int gonna moan about it im more veering to GTAV

Amy_Belgium 10 May, 2012 @ 7:31 pm   9

as i said before the setting for this game is utter crap it’s just a red dead redemption rip off why every bloody game has to be americanised i don’t care about the graphics or new engine assassins creed was all about history this 1 ruins everything about the series russia , china , japan etc would have been better after ezio’s story assassins creed has lost it’s roots im not buying this im sorry

Amy_Belgium 10 May, 2012 @ 7:38 pm   10

assassins creed 2 best assassins creed ever ezio auditore FTW :D

Titchy_Penguin 10 May, 2012 @ 8:26 pm   11

Hmm split on this one.

bashforking 10 May, 2012 @ 8:34 pm   12

why are the english always the bad guys? Saying that the red coats where a ravage bunchLol oh well im going to buy it anyways still aint played 2 yet so will have to play that first

Project2insanity 10 May, 2012 @ 9:24 pm   13

@Amy_Belgium; Forgive my ignorance but you said “it’s just a red dead redemption rip off”… Care to explain that one?

As for the series, thing that bugs me is Desmond has the most interesting story and it’s deliberately being avoided to spin some cash. The spin-offs were a miss for me and just hoping this entry will actually push things forward, as doubtful as it may be.

Lucreto 10 May, 2012 @ 9:34 pm   14

Can’t wait for it. I have the Freedom Edition pre-ordered.

Pity you can’t get the amulet from the live or die edition and the statue from the Freedom Edition.

@bashforking

There are templars working both sides of the war so you will be killing both.

Scuffy_P 10 May, 2012 @ 10:08 pm   15

I have never seen such shameless pandering to American audiences in my life. Incredible. But considering 79% of American teens think Europe is a country, not surprising.

I expected better from Ubisoft.

ShadowDoGGG 10 May, 2012 @ 11:06 pm   16

Another reason for the tyrant American flag to be posted everywhere.

Willie699 10 May, 2012 @ 11:25 pm   17

Looks brilliant

mike__XIII__ 11 May, 2012 @ 2:33 am   18

Good but I wot the game now!!

bashforking 11 May, 2012 @ 7:36 am   19

@comment 13
Cheers glad to hear it.

Rocstarr 11 May, 2012 @ 9:49 am   20

dhff

Stonesthrow 11 May, 2012 @ 10:27 am   21

Looks gorgeous, but I gotta say that I expected even more technical progression from this new engine. Ofcourse I’ll have to actually play it to make an informed opinion about that.

Instant musthave like all AC’s, that’s for sure.

mdogg91 11 May, 2012 @ 10:41 am   22

Why is the main character only attacking British troops when it said he aint on either’s side of the war? If im not mistaken many natives during that time helped the British armies as well.

the graphics and physics look good though, just wish it wasnt another american is better than everyone else game.

@Lucreto
Numerous Assassin’s Creed 3 Personnel have said what you said about the main character being neutral, the chief writer just a couple of days ago said that AC3 “wasn’t about Brit-bashing”, yet all we have seen in the videos and artwork is constant Red Coat slaughter.

I hope that the reason we haven’t seen any killing of the people from the colonies is that its a major plot point that they want to keep to themselves. Unfortunately, with what has been revealed so far, I think Scuffy_P is nearer the truth

Hymeleon 11 May, 2012 @ 12:01 pm   24

“The future of OUR land” that’s rich. If Connor half-indian he would say “MY land”, otherwise it’s very much american ass-lickin, imho.

Funny how EU flag resembles the one I see in the video, though…

nemo20000 11 May, 2012 @ 1:20 pm   25

This is repugnant.

Presumably in the name of balance in the gratuitous killing of people of clearly labelled nations, Ubisoft are now working on an accurate recreation of the Algerian War of Independence?

The player is a native fighting to prevent the genocide of between 350,000 and 1.5 million civilians by the French army while the rest of the world celebrates the defeat of the Nazis. Exciting! Exotic! Nasty foreign forces from the second-largest colonial power in recent history despatched in super-gore-vision!

Why do beams and motes come to mind? Who cares, when there’s a huge American market to satisfy? The British are coming! Kill them.

I can’t say I’ve often been tempted to buy something from Ubisoft, but I certainly won’t in the future.

Spark-N 11 May, 2012 @ 1:38 pm   26

HOLY CRAP!! seriously cannot wait for this, gonna try and complete the previous installments before this hits

Don´t like it.
The main character looks silly and doesn´t fit.
The setting isn´t exiting. And frankly I´m bored with the whole francise.
I haven´t bought the latest yet, I´ll buy it when it´s complete and cheap to see the story to the end but that´s it, no more Creed for me.

Reyde_FIN 11 May, 2012 @ 3:12 pm   28

I am glad that I’m neither British or American, so I can just enjoy this damn game instead of whining about what country is or isn’t the player character’s enemy.

Looks great, one of the most interesting games of the year.

Amy_Belgium 11 May, 2012 @ 6:17 pm   29

the reason im [CENSORED], angry & disappointed at this game is the way they americanised it why america? why america has to be always a hero (when in reality they’re not how many citizens they kill in global conflicts huh) if iraq & afghanistan had no oil the americans wouldn’t even bother but the point is everyone seems to think that americans are the saviours of this world that they own this planet no why did AC3 had an american setting when clearly people wanted somewhere else? why desmond has to go in a temple in america to save the world from armaggeddon? sometimes people don’t think that everyone paints americans as rulers of the world lets just say if it wasn’t for russia in WW2 most of us wouldn’t be here today. said all this i have to say i got nothing against americans im just [CENSORED] that every good game or series has to involved americans.

proudy07 11 May, 2012 @ 11:01 pm   30

I wont be pre-ordering or rushing out to buy assassins creed 3, I mean dont get me wrong, I enjoyed ac and ac 2 but then we got 2 stupid money maker games that in my eyes……… pointless

proudy07 11 May, 2012 @ 11:06 pm   31

I wont be buying this game, u enjoyed ac and ac2, but ubisoft made 2 pointless games looking to get into the multiplayer market. dont get me wrong, it looks good BUT I wont be rushing out to buy it until a price drop

Scuffy_P 12 May, 2012 @ 4:26 am   32

I can see the box-cover quotations already:

“Racist”

“Bigoted”

“Offensive”

Can you imagine the furious outcry if these were black Africans you were killing? The media would be running wild. But because it’s English people, Ubisoft deem that perfectly acceptable.

I imagine the designers are quickly knocking together some hastily implemented side-missions where you hunt an Evil “American”. Desperate to prove to people they’re not developing a game purely for the North American market where 90% of the game is killing English. But that’s okay, because the Assassin’s father was English (albeit murdered by “Teh Evil English”), so not all English are bad.

Ubisoft, should be ashamed.

Scuffy_P 12 May, 2012 @ 9:03 am   33

Edit:
I just read that the French will feature heavily within ‘Assassin’s Creed 3′ (quite obvious really considering their sneaky, sly, and cowardly antics during that period). Wow. I’ll bet a months salary that the French are portrayed as wonderful, heroic, beautiful examples of moral decency.

This just keeps getting worse.

chrisandsheva 12 May, 2012 @ 11:52 am   34

Lol… i Still cannot get over the statue of ‘Liberty’ haha… i ‘doubt’ that even ‘most’ Americans understand it’s significance, they just idolise it as a figure of freedom, or the ‘American’ dream… which would/should be great, but for the tiny detail of it’s origins and sublime meaning,
whats he mean ?… Well this ‘gift’ donated to the us people from the french people, that signifies freedom etc.. is just (imo and others) a constant reminder of all the .. erm call it differences between 2 older nations… yeah way to go french, gift a young nation with a massive statue crafted from hundreds of years of Bad blood… nice ‘christening’ present..

Amy_Belgium 12 May, 2012 @ 12:13 pm   35

@Scuffy_P ubisoft are french and they clearly said that time there was no america yet just english , french and natives killing eachother so the americans are safe. you know i wonder if you people or some of you people played resident evil operation raccoon city? you play as the bad guys right & they’re all european Lupo french , spectre russian , bertha german etc etc that shows how american developers see the ground between americans & europeans we europeans are always bad . remember medal of honor how americans were yelling about talebans in the game the americans didn’t like it that’s why the game was short i ask a question if COD was against america would americans buy it ? my personal bet is NO WAY ! in the end this AC3 will certainly go strong with those americans it’s a shame ubisoft destroyed a wonderful series for me im not interested anymore there’s loads of great games coming RESI 6 , Tomb Raider , dishonoured , FFX HD , DOA 5 , Tekken Tag 2 , DMC , & others to be revealed at E3 so there you go who needs AC3 ( americas creed ) with all those great titles

Amy_Belgium 12 May, 2012 @ 12:26 pm   36

and i bet americans fill japanese developers with $$$$$$ tthat’s why the japanese developers are losing their best franchises because they let americans get involved reason why many great games end up miserably bad

Beateaux 18 May, 2012 @ 5:01 pm   37

Potential “Skumbag Connor” meme:

Fights the enemy REGARDLESS of their alliegnce! Wears a blue coat, kills red coats.