Posted 12:00pm

Moving On From PlayStation.Blog

Dear Community,

I am posting this short note to let you know that this will be my last post as PlayStation.Blog Manager, as I am moving on from SCEE to have a go at some opportunities elsewhere.

“OK…so what’s the bad news?” I can hear you type in the comments.

That’s a bit of a joke, but the truth is that there isn’t really any bad news – my leaving opens the door for someone to come in with fresh ideas, different opinions and enthusiasm abound. I’m proud to have helped create a social platform that isn’t about individuals, but about bringing PlayStation customers closer to the professionals who make the games they love; hopefully the next in line will take this small idea even further.

However, I would ask you to be patient while my colleagues work through the transition. The department is working very hard to get the right person as quickly as possible, and recruiting good people can sometimes take time. In the interim, we have organised for some contributing editors to steer the ship and, when the next full-time Blog Manager has been appointed, you will be the first to know.

Well…they’ll probably let the successful candidate know first, but you’ll be informed pretty soon afterwards.

All that’s left from me is to say goodbye, thank you for sticking with us through thick and thin, and keep on enjoying your games.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

94 Comments 16 Author replies
Show oldest first

GulfWarVet 11 May, 2012 @ 12:03 pm   1

What and not even a fair well discount!! Pfft.

Cheers James, hope all goes well in the future.

James Gallagher 11 May, 2012 @ 12:13 pm

Hmm, no discounts but you can have my thanks and best wishes for free!

Thank you James!

Hey James, All the best for the future, and thanks.

manutreble 11 May, 2012 @ 12:08 pm   4

will miss ya James thanks for the postings news of psn and updates good luck what you are doing

somethingatt 11 May, 2012 @ 12:11 pm   5

Mind telling us where you are headed?

James Gallagher 11 May, 2012 @ 12:16 pm

I’m afraid I have to keep that confidential but I’m sad to be leaving you guys and wish you all the best for the future.

almighty-slayer 11 May, 2012 @ 12:11 pm   6

JAMES! You told me on twitter you weren’t going anywhere. Now i’m disappointed. Boo!

Mate, you have been a FANTASTIC blog manager. You’ve been helpful to us all and been friendly and kind whilst doing it. Can’t thank you enough for how brilliant you’ve been! Hope you have many successes in the future and i wish you all the very best!

James Gallagher 11 May, 2012 @ 12:18 pm

Thank you! I felt bad saying that to you on twitter but you have to be very secretive about these things for all kinds of reasons. Thanks for your support and being part of such a fun community to get involved with. Let’s keep those Hustle Kings matches going!

iriihutoR48 11 May, 2012 @ 12:11 pm   7

My best wishes for whatever you do in the future! Hope you will have less demanding customers where you’re heading. ;) I think you will. We are many here who have appreciated your work and you will be missed by us.

strangeplaice 11 May, 2012 @ 12:11 pm   8

Good luck and all the best in the future!

You’ve been a great Blog Manager and I wish you all the best in the future. Will you be moving to another post within Sony, or have you set out to broaden your horizons? :)

Some of the hardest to handle situations and worst case scenarios arose during your time as manager, and yet, you managed to bring the site through all of it. (Albeit with a few unavoidable bumps along the way!)

Excellent job, and you’ll be missed by many!

All hail James!!! :P

James Gallagher 11 May, 2012 @ 12:23 pm

Hopefully the good time have outweighed the bad – I’ll miss my time here and will of course be looking in to see how the blog grows and improves.

Guillemots 11 May, 2012 @ 12:12 pm   9

Good luck James! Catch you on twitter as always :-)
And thank you!

Manuel

Carnivius_Prime 11 May, 2012 @ 12:13 pm   10

Good luck for the future and farewell. :)

GreenMekon 11 May, 2012 @ 12:14 pm   11

All the best for the future, cheers for the hard work

TheNarrator 11 May, 2012 @ 12:15 pm   12

sad to hear youre going, but you did a great job on the Blog. good luck with what you do next 8).

DKShadow 11 May, 2012 @ 12:15 pm   13

Sorry to see you go James, but at least I got to meet you once while still at SCEE.

I wish you the very best where ever you go next and I do hope we get to meet up again at some point!

James Gallagher 11 May, 2012 @ 12:24 pm

Yes, I’m sorry that meeting at gamescom was so short – those shows are just so hectic, as I’m sure you appreciate.

Best of luck to you too in your future career.

PlayingCasually 11 May, 2012 @ 12:16 pm   14

“(…) Someone (…) with fresh ideas, different opinions and enthusiasm abound”. Does this mean you lack those?

I don’t want to be brutal, I certainly wish you all the best, but seems to me that most of the people working at SCEE misses fresh ideas, opinions and enthusiasm…

Damn :( Sad to see you go, but best of luck to you in the future James. Hopefully your new job has you popping up here from time to time.

James Gallagher 11 May, 2012 @ 12:26 pm

Many thanks – not sure what the future holds but I’d like that too.

AndyBeans 11 May, 2012 @ 12:19 pm   16

Cheerio James! You’ve done a sterling job keeping us all informed, I hope Sony appreciate the work you’ve done as much as we have, it can’t have been easy being the messenger with so many trolls around. Best of luck in the future :)

cthulhu85 11 May, 2012 @ 12:22 pm   17

The best of luck in the future James! You’ve been a great blog manager!

The turn over for blog managers is quite high.
With that said good luck with the future games and good luck mate.
Am I still gonna see you pop up on my friendslist or was that a mandatory SEN account for working for SCEE? lol

James Gallagher 11 May, 2012 @ 12:27 pm

In fairness, there have only ever been two blog managers and I’ve been doing this for over two years. And yes, that’s me on PSN – do you think that Sony would mandate a name like Lovewhale?!

Thanks for the well wishes and kind regards for the future.

Bonyman 11 May, 2012 @ 12:25 pm   19

Cheerio James, all the best!

iSabreman 11 May, 2012 @ 12:26 pm   20

Good Luck on getting Kidderminster Harriers into the Premier League, oops forgot the new job was a secret !

CHRIZZYYY08 11 May, 2012 @ 12:31 pm   21

Good luck James thanks for all the hard work you put into SCEE and this blog because without all your hard work this blog wouldn’t be what it is today. Thanks for putting up with all out demanding comments etc i wish you best for the future whatever your doing.

Now… Were is our free cake ;D

James Gallagher 11 May, 2012 @ 12:52 pm

Thank you and I should be asking the same question about the cake – although what I have in mind is colder and more refreshing.

£5 on James being the next community manager at infinity ward.
Good luck on wherever you are heading though xx

James Gallagher 11 May, 2012 @ 12:53 pm

Have you ever seen me play Call of Duty? If you had, then you would hang on to your fiver!

ippogrifo 11 May, 2012 @ 12:32 pm   23

Thank you for the great job you did James!
Best of luck for your future!

Best of luck James.

At least the SCEE staff to facial hair ratio will drop to a sensible level ;-)

SpyDudeFX 11 May, 2012 @ 12:43 pm   25

All the best, James from a reader on the other side of the pond! Great work on the blog and responding to so many posts every entry.

James Gallagher 11 May, 2012 @ 12:54 pm

Thanks dude – you guys are in good hands with Jeff, Sid and Rey; it’s been a pleasure working with them every day.

grimbarian 11 May, 2012 @ 12:44 pm   26

Best of luck in the future James.

You obviously have an excellent reputation with both customers and developers alike. I hope you are moving onto something that gives you a higher profile in the games industry.

Phenom_Evolution 11 May, 2012 @ 12:48 pm   27

James, your enthusiasm, commitment and determination have served the PlayStation community extremely well. You have set the stage for the show to go on triumphantly, but you will be dearly missed nonetheless.

On behalf of the whole team here at Evolution Studios: thank you for all that you’ve done! We wish you every success in everything you go on to do! :-)

James Gallagher 11 May, 2012 @ 12:55 pm

Thank you! All the best to Evo on your future titles and it has been a pleasure working with you all the way back to Pacific Rift.

SkullbreakerNL 11 May, 2012 @ 12:56 pm   28

Good luck and hope you have a good time at what you are going to do for work :)

Bealinator 11 May, 2012 @ 1:03 pm   29

Thank you for everything, James.

For the little time I’ve been following the blog, you have been by far the best contributor on the team. For that, we shall miss you very dearly. We promise to be gentle toward your successor!

Bealinator 11 May, 2012 @ 1:04 pm   30

And I completely forgot:

Game on, James!

Toppot 11 May, 2012 @ 1:08 pm   31

Thank you for all you have done and best of luck in the future =]

Chaosprower 11 May, 2012 @ 1:13 pm   32

I still miss Mike Kebby, and now another one moves on. Sigh…

cursekillerx 11 May, 2012 @ 1:13 pm   33

Good luck in the future we Will miss ya

Good luck, James, you did a great job & I really liked how you tried to answer a lot of our questions, I hope your successor will do the same.

flapps 11 May, 2012 @ 1:24 pm   35

I have never wrote in before but I just want to say thank you. I always look forward to wedensday any you made this so personal to each reader. Good luck and you will be missed.

Vitkir 11 May, 2012 @ 1:24 pm   36

Sad to see you go, you’ve been great at answering what questions you could in spite of an often unappreciative audience. Wish you the best in your future endeavors, where ever you end up they’re lucky to have you. I just hope we’ll be as lucky with your replacement. :)

Skookie30 11 May, 2012 @ 1:25 pm   37

Ohh how ironic we were just talking about this subject about new job ad for blog manager the other day.

we don’t see eye to eye sometimes but i’m shock to see you go but worse timing ever E3 coming up + gamescom soon after that a brick load of news. :(

anyways james.G all the best whatever you end up at you could help with ben batesman over at SE-members ;)

strangeplaice 11 May, 2012 @ 1:29 pm   38

The good times certainly outweigh the bad from this side! Lovewhale is an epic PSN ID! xD

ShadowDoGGG 11 May, 2012 @ 1:36 pm   39

Will you be continuing working in the games industry?

Good luck James, you will be missed.

nemesisND1derboy 11 May, 2012 @ 1:49 pm   41

Congrats on the new job James, and the best of luck to you.

It’ll be sad to see you go, you’ve brought a new level of community interaction to the blog that only the late Mike Kebby could even come close to matching :)

Excited to see whatever your new venture is!

Deaf_Raiders 11 May, 2012 @ 1:50 pm   42

Thanks for your post and share the delights with fellow gamers! Hope the future is well and bright for you. All the best and Cheerio!

Scuffy_P 11 May, 2012 @ 1:57 pm   43

I worked for SCEE for quite a while a few years back, and when I left I had an enormous smile on my face. Literally couldn’t stop grinning. Just how I imagine you’ll look as you leave the building for that last time.

You got out with your sanity in place. Congratulations, and good luck my friend.

thedanman64 11 May, 2012 @ 2:21 pm   44

Best of luck James. It will be sad not to see that shiny platinum trophy in the left corner anymore.

Thanks for everything you’ve done for us and I wish you all the best in whatever you do.

James Gallagher 11 May, 2012 @ 4:00 pm

Thanks so much for the well wishes everyone – I’m going to get out of here before they delete my account and my PC self-destructs, but I’m going to miss this blog and all of you people who make it such a lively place. Take care of yourselves and be kind to whoever comes in after me.

Regards,
    James

mdogg91 11 May, 2012 @ 2:36 pm   45

I will be honest and say I dont use the blog as much as I should. But whenever I do many problems or questions I have, Have been resolved by you, and am most grateful for it

Good luck James

Zero__Kiryu 11 May, 2012 @ 2:38 pm   46

The work you’ve done for the blog was amazing, you got out just before e3. Take a well earned breather and I wish the best of luck to your sucessor!

CMJE96 11 May, 2012 @ 2:42 pm   47

But what about the weekend debates!

ScooterMix 11 May, 2012 @ 2:44 pm   48

I guess best of you james . But Sony from japan needs to pay visit because i dont think sony from euope doing there job probley . 1. No enough ps1 games since there a lot what usa got. 2 Poor service on PSN But PSN Plus great and better service but telling the true euope sold more consles in euope than usa and usa get better service doe not make any sence. Im not blameing you psn but this got to look into and im right its got a problem or sony got problem with systum. I was thinking of getting ps4 but ill wait for it because service in uk rubish. We Need better serivce know.

CoolRichy008UK 11 May, 2012 @ 2:49 pm   49

as long as the next person who takes over from james makes sure the PS4 LETS US USE OUR PS3 LOG IN and it keeps ps home and ps store me and other people will be happy

and @47 you need spelling lessons either that or your just a kid tryin to upset sony GRRRR

dirtyCAT79 11 May, 2012 @ 2:56 pm   50

Leaving the ship before it sinks.
Good idea.

And @48 – at least 47 knows how to use capitals correctly.

Load all