Posted 12 May
Well, here we are at the end of another week – and what a whirlwind it’s been. News has been coming in thick and fast, and from assassins to aliens, Starhawk to Sackboy we’ve had a stack of stories to share with you over the past seven days. Missed anything? Just fancy another look at what went down? It’s all here for you in this week’s recap.
- Sack It To Me: Sackboy Starts In Pole Position! – Check out this video to see just what IGN.com have to say about Sackboy’s leap into the racing arena!
- Arc Fans Get Ready To Battle – Arc Arena: Monster Tournament Out Tomorrow – There is something special about this genre that can’t be replicated.
- Datura Available To Download From Tomorrow – In the world of Datura you will find yourself placed in a variety of scenarios which will require you to make a quick judgement call.
- PlayStation Home: Mansion Living – Step onto the first floor of the PlayStation Home Mansion and experience the frills of a life lived in luxury.
- Starhawk…Welcome To The New Frontier – Starhawk is available in PAL regions from this week!
- Reality Fighters DLC Incoming – Hope you had enough practice to challenge Mr. Miyagi to become a worthy master…
- ‘Heads-Up’ Game Store Update 9 May 2012 – This week starts off with Sega’s Binary Domain, which is now available to download!
- The LittleBigPlanet Beta Is Coming Soon To PS Vita – Register Now! – The LittleBigPlanet Community is about to get a very special treat!
- Aliens: Colonial Marines – Your Multiplayer Questions Answered – We took to Twitter and posed @PlayStation followers a simple question — what do you want to know about the multiplayer mode in Aliens: Colonial Marines?
- MUBI Update: 10 May 2012 – Two movie passions have infected us over at MUBI: Texas Chainsaw Massacre director Tobe Hooper, and the 2012 Festival de Cannes.
- PlayStation.Blog EU Disruption On 14 May – The European PlayStation.Blog will be down for maintenance from approximately 5pm on Monday, 14 May.
- Resistance: Burning Skies Trophy List And PS Vita Features Trailer Revealed! – A lot of “firsts” to the PS Vita – first-ever dual-analog FPS control on a portable device and the first competitive multiplayer shooter experience on the PS Vita.
- World Premiere: Assassin’s Creed III Gameplay Footage – What you’ve been waiting for this since the initial announcement back in March, so go ahead and watch it right now!
- Access Episode 33 – Episode’s Game Of The Week, Sorcery, includes mixing potions (don’t do fairytale herbs, kids), moving big rocks out of the way and sort of having a cat as a girlfriend.
- Moving On From PlayStation.Blog -James posted this short note to let you know that this will be my last post as PlayStation.Blog Manager…
- Get Ready For Mass Effect 3 Operation Silencer MP Event This Weekend – It’s time to make our enemies scream.
- The Making Of Sorcery: Sound – we turn our attention to the music and sound design for Sorcery.
- Weekend Essentials 125 – Build and battle your way to victory as Starhawk lands on PS3 and discover the intriguing Datura this weekend.
- Top Tips: Starhawk – Survive the new frontier in Starhawk on PlayStation 3 with these handy hints from developer LightBox Interactive.
- Game Talk: Mortal Kombat – Ed Boon, creative director at developer NetherRealm, talks about finishing moves and his favourite brawlers exclusively with eu.playstation.com.
- Game On – Find out how you can meet Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima in London tomorrow.
- Treyarch have promised it’ll be bigger but here are the Black Ops 2 zombie modes we want to see.
- Get the latest on this year’s game with these FIFA 13 screens and info.
- Feeling evil? Here are the 10 best PlayStation games that make being bad good.
- Find out what it’s like to win GT Academy with this film following the first ever winnner, Lucas Ordonez.
- What matters more review scores or sales? We ask ten developers.
Here’s a new review for the Blog, it can happily replace Battleships: