Posted 8:00am

Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time Coming To PS Vita

So it has once again been a while since I have posted to the PlayStation.Blog, BUT from the content of this blog entry you will all get to see exactly why!

First off we have some cool new gameplay to show off and talk about. As every Sly fan knows Sly Cooper and Carmelita Fox have a long and torrid history, which is destined to continue in the latest instalment. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time picks up the relationship where Sly 3 left off, Sly is feigning amnesia so he can be with the love of his life, Carmelita. But when he re-joins the Cooper Gang on their time-travelling escapade to restore his family’s legacy, you can be sure Carmelita will quickly become embroiled in their wild adventure.

EnglandVillage10 - Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Coming to PS Vita

Here we are going to take a look at Carmelita in action as she comes to the aid of Sir Galleth Cooper in his fight against the giant Mechanical Menace! Sir Galleth has ditched the jester costume we showed back in February in favour of his magnificent but slightly heavier suit of armour. We also get to see Sir Galleth’s Catapult Crash technique that allows him to blast his way up the sheer cliff face of the giant machine. Unfortunately his bombastic approach once again gets him into trouble and the beautiful but mercurial Carmelita will need to put her trusty shock pistol to good use to defeat the three headed monstrosity.

MechMenaceIGC04 - Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Coming to PS Vita

Carmelita is of course radiant on the PlayStation 3, the new hardware allowed us to make her much more detailed and expressive than in the past. She is of course back as a fully playable character in Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time and so we also spent a lot of time evolving her gameplay. We have gone with a more precise over-the-shoulder aiming technique that allows players to lock on the targets quickly and easily.

MechMenaceIGC02 - Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Coming to PS Vita

The portable version will contain all the same awesome Sly Cooper action you will find on the PlayStation 3 along with some very cool Vita specific features that incorporate the front and rear touch screens and motion controls. The game will also feature cross save capability; players will be able to save the game from either machine to the cloud and then pick up right where they left off at home or on the go.

EnglandVillage06 - Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Coming to PS Vita MechMenace12 - Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time Coming to PS Vita

And there we have it! We are all really excited to finally show Carmelita in action, she is a big fan favourite and I know everyone will love how she looks and plays in the latest instalment of the series. And we are also very psyched to be announcing the Vita version of the game, it’s been a crazy ride over the last few months bringing it over but when we see the results we know it was worth it. :D So, stay tuned for more Vita details including date and price coming very soon.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

40 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Just posted this on my site. Great news :D

just4alaff 18 May, 2012 @ 8:26 am   2

can’t wait for this i love sly cooper

morpheus2n2 18 May, 2012 @ 8:39 am   3

Sweet will be getting this on vita not so much my PS3 already got far to many games on it time to give my vita some more love :D

AoNekoAmaru 18 May, 2012 @ 8:55 am   4

Carmelita Fox~<3

Then again, I'd love to see more of Penelope's and Dimitri's involvement in the series. =P

Seeing as we might start seeing more of these simultaneous PS3/PSVita releases, it would be nice if buying one version at least granted a voucher to purchase the other version a bit cheaper digitally, to motivate sales of both versions combined.

In the meantime, I'll get back to The Sly Collection on PS3. ;)

Suzzopher 18 May, 2012 @ 9:04 am   5

Excellent news. Sly is my favourite of the PlayStation platformers.

Will this be a buy one get both deal?

AidenmdD 18 May, 2012 @ 9:16 am   6

Are they Vita screens?

TheVVolf 18 May, 2012 @ 9:24 am   7

Very cool! :)

Is this a “Buy one get the other” deal? It will be rather sucky if I need to buy the PS3 version AND then buy the Vita version…

Pug-zilla 18 May, 2012 @ 9:51 am   8

I don’t expect to get a buy one get the other free on this game , but would be cool if you could do a combo pack where can buy both at a cheaper rate or a collectors edition with both and a Sly Cooper statue now that would be awesome in fact I may start saving for that now just in case.

VictorAnalogy 18 May, 2012 @ 10:20 am   9

Should definitely be a buy one get the other free/cheap deal imho. Otherwise, I’m just getting it on Vita.

Deffo a purchase though.

Oh, one more thing. Are images failing to load for anyone else?

VitalogyPJ 18 May, 2012 @ 10:25 am   10

Best news since Vita launch IMO can’t wait :D

jakster123x 18 May, 2012 @ 11:00 am   11

Awesome!

Pay once, get both? ;)

Xenostar 18 May, 2012 @ 11:00 am   12

Will we get both versions for one price, like motorstorm, this really needs to become standard for these cross platform saves.

bidbaldwolf86 18 May, 2012 @ 11:07 am   13

Looking forward to getting this on my Vita. Hope to hear more details soon :)

RagingAvatar 18 May, 2012 @ 11:09 am   14

YES. WANT.

Oxybelis 18 May, 2012 @ 11:15 am   15

I liked gameplay of this new Sly game. But I thought that Sly got a bad redesign.
But now I see Carmelita :facepalm:

Alex-1124 18 May, 2012 @ 11:18 am   16

Sweet, I’ll definitely pick up the PS3 version because I’d like to be able to experience this on a TV but saying that I will eventually pick it up for the Vita as I’m sure it’d be easy to revisit say in 2 – 3 years.Will there be a trophy list for both versions?

Alex-1124 18 May, 2012 @ 11:21 am   17

Oh and has Carmelita got another new voice or has someone returned to voice her, if so which game was she from? :P

This is bad very bad for ps vita, i mean why the Vita must has the same games with ps3? I buy the Vita to play something new and different not the same game to have on my ps3. Look the Rayman most people choose to play in big tv with ps3. why to play sly 4 in small screen?
And i don’t think to be deal like MRC because is different games sly4 for vita has to “specific features that incorporate the front and rear touch screens and motion controls”.
If don’t give as code to download the game for Vita this is will be epic fail

Suzzopher 18 May, 2012 @ 11:51 am   19

US Blog:
[QUOTE]and I can now confirm that Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time will be shipping this fall on BOTH the PS3 and the PS Vita, on the same day[/QUOTE]

EU Blog:
[QUOTE]SO that being said I can now announce that Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time will be available soon on BOTH the PlayStation 3 and the PlayStation Vita![/QUOTE]

Yeah, we’re not getting them the same day in Europe then :(

GodOfWarGreece 18 May, 2012 @ 11:53 am   20

amount will be the price of????

Pug-zilla 18 May, 2012 @ 11:56 am   21

@ POST 18 – I some what agree I think Vita does need it’s own unique games but given the choice with something like Sly I’d be tempted with the Vita version. I have Rayman on both and have only completed the Vita version as I could play it anywhere but with the PS3 version what with work and other priorities I don’t always get the chance to sit down and play something for that long a period.
As long as Vita gets original games also then this doesn’t bother me.

so how will trophies work? is you do a segment on the vita and miss the trophy unlock stage for the ps3?

@21 Yeah ok i don’t have problem with that, is good to have a choice “on the go” for awesome games like that. The problem is i don’t see a deal like MRC buy one take both versions. Is not good to buy the game 2 times. The only good deal so far is MotorStorm RC and Wipeout 2048 with ps3 version as dlc for free

I love the Sly games, but the mini games in there where horrible. I hope they fixed that.

dillusion 18 May, 2012 @ 1:28 pm   25

Great news! Day 1 purchase!

SamTheSkater 18 May, 2012 @ 2:17 pm   26

This is the best news I’ve heard all year this far! Finally I’ll be able to play Sly on the go! I’ll get both versions day 1 for sure! Sly is like the best franchise ever!

ChazzH69 18 May, 2012 @ 3:46 pm   27

Nice one Sanzaru Games. To anyone who is moaning about the cost of both games.. You don’t have to buy both. It just adds the option of playing it home on a big TV or taking it on the go with an amazing little screen.

Thank you Sanzaru Games, looking forward to playing this on both.

Titchy_Penguin 18 May, 2012 @ 3:50 pm   28

Yeah I hope more games start like this.

djsima25 18 May, 2012 @ 4:25 pm   29

..and then pants had to be changed.

Good god, this is gonna be amazing.

RedPriestRezo 18 May, 2012 @ 4:34 pm   30

Aweosme news! With one big “IF”. If buying one will give you another – then it will be totally awesome. But if you’ll have to buy game twice to use cross-platform save feature – than it”s kinda stupid.

LAA612 18 May, 2012 @ 4:40 pm   31

Thanks very much! This news made my day! This is exactly something I wanted to be done with vita more and more often, having some PS3 games on the vita too, I feel vita is made to look more like a “Mini sidekick” of the PS3 rather than being at least an equal brother, but now I hope that image starts to fade away as it gains its own image. Hoping for HD remakes to be ported to vita next (Imagine shadow of collosseus on vita for example!)
Also enjoyed the tease of playstation allstars battle royale on vita too, a thing I thought that’d be perfect for vita.
Keep it up Sony and Developers!

AaronSOLDIER 18 May, 2012 @ 4:56 pm   32

The game looks amazing I’ll be getting it for sure, but the character’s faces are yuck.

abdirizak007 18 May, 2012 @ 10:44 pm   33

i love you Glen you are the Men :)

abdirizak007 18 May, 2012 @ 10:45 pm   34

VK3YWB 19 May, 2012 @ 5:38 am   35

Yessss! Cross save will be cool!

gamesanime_fan 19 May, 2012 @ 6:15 pm   36

will the ps3version support remote play, if so it makes the vita version less desireable.

Jamesyp00 20 May, 2012 @ 5:28 am   37

The new cutscenes are really going to take some time to get used too, everyone looks really off, but the game looks solid so far, really excited for it!

AidenmdD 20 May, 2012 @ 2:08 pm   38

People should realise its not a port.. its a brand new game coming out for both Vita and PS3 at the same time being developed at the same time. What is there to complain about? People want a PS3 experience on vita and that is what they’re getting!

Eminem360X 21 May, 2012 @ 4:32 pm   39

is this only coming to Psvita?

Catkiller1 21 May, 2012 @ 5:05 pm   40

@ Eminem360X

Ummmmm, if you read the above article, then you wouldn’t have to ask ;)

“Ok and now for another piece of really big news; a lot of people have been asking me about the PlayStation Vita, they feel that Sly would be a great game to take on the go. And I completely agree! SO that being said I can now announce that Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time will be available soon on BOTH the PlayStation 3 and the PlayStation Vita!”