Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 5:00pm

Prepare Yourself For When Vikings Attack

Hey folks, I’m here today to announce a new PSN title coming this year! I’m very excited to introduce When Vikings Attack for PS3 and PS Vita.

WhenVikingsAttackB1

In this all-action fighting adventure, a battalion of Viking invaders, 1200 years late to the party, are causing havoc in your town. Imagine getting together a posse of local citizens: a construction worker, a butcher, a policeman, a pastor, and a schoolboy, then ripping up a phone booth or picking up a car, and hurling it at the advancing Viking hordes. That’s the sort of crazy action you can expect in this totally new and original PSN title for PS3 and PS Vita.

Grab whatever you can and get ready to do battle!

Featuring both adventure and Versus gameplay modes that can be played with one to four players, the game has been winning fans within the walls of PlayStation with its manic, quick-fire gameplay ever since it came into being.

Did I mention that it’s also a full cross play/save/buy title? So all gameplay modes can be played between PS Vita and PS3 in pretty much any combination you can imagine: two PS3s and two Vitas or one PS3 and three Vitas or one PS3 with three players and one Vita… I could go on but let’s just say you can have four players in any combination of systems you want. Also, with cross-platform save you can carry on your Adventure mode progress no matter where you are, just upload the save file from your PS3 and download it to your PS Vita or vice versa. Then to top it all off and make this the perfect Crossplay game, we are also offering both versions for one price, no matter which version you buy you will get the other for free… a pretty good deal, if you ask me! ;-)

WhenVikingsAttackB3 WhenVikingsAttackB6

Be sure to keep an eye out for more info at E3 and I’ll be back in the coming weeks along with some of the guys from Clever Beans (the development team behind the game) to introduce you to even more features and let you in on some behind-the-scenes details of how the title came into being and what you can expect when it launches later this year.

Post any questions you have in the comments and I’ll endeavour to answer whatever I can.

Thanks and good day!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

9 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first
jakster123x 24 May, 2012 @ 5:19 pm   1

Pay once, get both. :) Thumbs up!

almighty-slayer 24 May, 2012 @ 5:29 pm   2

Yeah, great to see more PSN titles coming out cross platform. I especially like this trend of buy once, get both :D

Game looks fun, nice work

ChazzH69 24 May, 2012 @ 5:40 pm   3

I looks great, can’t wait to try it out? When can we except to see info on the adventure mode.

I’m loving these cross play/save/buy titles that are coming to Playstation.

Neil McPhillips 24 May, 2012 @ 7:33 pm

Hey, thanks for the positive response!

We’ll be announcing more in and around E3. I’ll be back with another blog post next month with more details :)

TheWeeSteev 24 May, 2012 @ 7:28 pm   4

Me and my boy will definitely be playing this.

colmshan1990 24 May, 2012 @ 10:11 pm   5

This looks like a fun way to pass the time on the train.

Of course, it’s more likely I’ll be playing it when I should be asleep, or studying, but hey! It’s only college, it’s not like I need to attend lectures, right? :P

residentSteve 25 May, 2012 @ 6:45 am   6

Where are all these strange games coming from?

TINTINTB303 25 May, 2012 @ 8:19 am   7

Looks fun.

What price bracket are you aiming for?

Lol@ “you could play it with your girlfriend”

Have you seen my girlfriend playing Sonic? Not a pretty site ;-)

Neil McPhillips 25 May, 2012 @ 3:51 pm

Yeah I should probably have phrased that differently :P

Not sure on the price just yet but all will be clear soon!

Looks great. even better that it’s “Pay once, get both”, a real good stimulus for Vita/PS3 owners like me to get it!

RichZtar 25 May, 2012 @ 12:06 pm   9

From the vid, it seem like a disappointing, repetitive game with no variation in gameplay tactics to greatly reduce the lives of your opponents. I thought, it would be cool to have power ups lying around, shields and Viking armor that you can pick up and break after a single use and the implementation of the touch screen function to influence the playing environment. For example, at one point in the match there might be warning sign and suddenly tv’s, cars and trash bins are crashing all over the place which you need to destroy by tapping rapidly on the projectile or you’re dead! I do understand that it is supposed to be a fun, simple game but come on where’s the creativity in this? If this is the final product, I will not be buying it even if it cost less than £5, because I don’t support short, minis-styled game on a handheld. That’s what Apple and Android is for. Neil, If you’re reading by chance I hope you will take on board my criticisms and come up with some amazing ideas in the future.
Thanks.

Neil McPhillips 25 May, 2012 @ 3:52 pm

I’m always reading the comments.

Keep checking back for new info on the game, we’ve really only shown 2 minutes of Vs. mode so far…