Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 9:00am

Gravity Rush PSN Demo And Competition Prizes Can Be Yours!

Gravity Rush kitten_1

Hi Everyone,

Ever experienced the incredible sensation of falling upwards? Or tumbling feet first onto the side of a building before leaping off into the unknown? Gravity Rush will put you right at the centre of a physics-bending adventure and it’s only two more weeks to go now until the game launches exclusively on PlayStation Vita on June 13th (June 15th for UK/IRL).

In the meantime, we’ve got some great things to keep to occupied:

To give you a sneak peek of what’s to come, the Gravity Rush Demo will be available on PlayStation Network from today.

The demo introduces you to our protagonist, Kat, as she awakens with no memory of her past in the mysterious city of Hekseville. Play as Kat and discover your gravity-defying new powers while testing out the game’s unique mechanics brought to life with the PS Vita motion sensor. Begin your journey of exploration of Gravity Rush’s vibrant open world environment and try your hand at defending the city and its people from an array of enemies.

Once you’re done with demo, make sure to look out for our Gravity Rush Challenges and be in for a chance to win some amazing competition prizes:

Gravity Rush - Finish_2 Gravity Rush - 3

Are you a Pinterest addict? This challenge is for you then! Help Kat re-build her world by picking the right images from Kat’s Pinterest profile and repin them in the right order to create 3 Gravity Rush boards. Once you’ve done it, tweet your Pinterest profile to @VictorLudus and let Mr Ludus know “what would you do if you had the power to defy gravity”?

If you’re feeling more creative, then challenge 2 might be for you: Show us your Gravity Rush world, either drawing from scratch or using the asset kit – available from the Gravity Rush challenge page on PSVITA.com or ask @victorludus for it. Once you’re done submit your masterpiece to the Gravity Rush Tumblr Page.

Gravity Rush - Kat_in_Endestria Gravity Rush - 2

Last but not least, if you always wanted to defy gravity, here is your chance to show us and win exciting prizes. Be Newton’s worst nightmare, and send your images to Mr Victor Ludus gmail. Remember to stay safe – a simple shift in perspective and angle can yield the most exciting results!

If you haven’t already pre-ordered the game, be sure to check with your local retailers for a chance to receive the exclusive Military Mission DLC Pack at no extra cost.

Move the world around you!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

35 Comments 8 Author replies
Show oldest first
darylsdn 30 May, 2012 @ 9:12 am   1

We’ve got to wait until Friday in the UK, for the “usual” store update? …I thought the usual store update was Wednesday?

Rebecca Maschke 30 May, 2012 @ 9:23 am

Hi darylsdn

This is indeed correct, thank you for the pointer! We have made a small edit to the post, to reflect the fact that the demo will indeed be available to EVERYONE from today.

aeNdras 30 May, 2012 @ 9:14 am   2

Can’t wait for this!

SirTodge 30 May, 2012 @ 9:14 am   3

“To give you a sneak peek of what’s to come, the Gravity Rush Demo will be available on PlayStation Network from today (those of you located in the UK and Ireland will have to wait until Friday for the usual store update but do make sure to get a glimpse of the action).”

Sorry, did that just say we have to wait until Friday for a freaking demo?

We only have to wait until Friday for full games (which is beyond ridiculous on it’s own)

Rebecca Maschke 30 May, 2012 @ 9:24 am

Hi Sir Todge

As pointed out above, the added text in brackets was incorrect and removed. Everyone will be able to download and enjoy the demo from today.

Let us know what you think!

^ That’s what i thought

Osahi_be 30 May, 2012 @ 9:15 am   5

Will the Military pack also be available for purchase on the store, for when you’re not aible to pick it up at a retailer?

Rebecca Maschke 30 May, 2012 @ 9:36 am

Hi Osahi_be

This is correct. The Military Mission DLC pack will be available, at no extra cost, to those people who purchase the game from PlayStation Store for a limited time after launch.

awkward_ghost_us 30 May, 2012 @ 9:15 am   6

That’s just what I was thinking darylsdn!

I hope we don’t have to wait until Friday… I’ve been eager to play Gravity Rush ever since the Vita launched!

TheSilverHornet 30 May, 2012 @ 9:24 am   7

The “usual” store update for the UK is Wednesday, very disappointing that the European product manager doesn’t know this. Not too bothered about gravity rush, might try the demo, but it doesn’t look like it’s for me.

Rebecca Maschke 30 May, 2012 @ 9:44 am

Hi TheSilverHornet

Sorry to hear that you’re not too interested in Gravity Rush. The reference to Friday was mistakenly included in the post and applies to full games only (as pointed out above).

Don’t let your disappointment over this get in the way of trying the demo. You might be in for a pleasant surprise. Enjoy!

NightRanma 30 May, 2012 @ 9:26 am   8

Friday release for a demo is LAAAAAAME.

Also that’s a really random collection of competitions. Either do a picture puzzle on a site I’ve never heard of before, and if I don’t want to sign up for Facebook for most competitions, I’m sure not signing up for something else. Create an image, and a photo-taking competition. So if you’re not artistic you’re screwed, and any attempt I could make would look like a baby did it compared to stuff other people can do. Thanks for making people with no talents feel even worse than usual, Sony.

At least give us something simple everyone can do. Seperate competitions just for liking on facebook, and one for getting randomly picked for retweeting a particular message on Twitter. =\

SirTodge 30 May, 2012 @ 9:28 am   9

Thank you for the confirmation Rebecca. Hearts can stop racing :)

One of the most eagerly awaited demos in ages and having to wait even longer would have been painful!

Rebecca Maschke 30 May, 2012 @ 9:49 am

Hi SirTodge

Let us know what you think once you had a chance to play it!

roybenjamin 30 May, 2012 @ 9:48 am   10

Will we be able to “pre-order” via the PlayStation Store too to get this free DLC? Trying to limit the number of game cards for my PS Vita.

Rebecca Maschke 30 May, 2012 @ 9:51 am

Hi roybenjamin

This is correct. For a limited time after launch, the Military Mission DLC pack will be included at no extra cost, if you purchase the full digital game from the PlayStaion Store.

Soulblitz 30 May, 2012 @ 10:00 am   11

Has any pricing been confirmed for the full game? I could preorder the game at retail for £29.99, but I’d much rather get the downloadable version if the price is comparable.

Thanks for your time!

Dirty-spaz 30 May, 2012 @ 10:07 am   12

What time will demo go live? just checked and its not up yet. Thanks.

MafiaCub 30 May, 2012 @ 10:12 am   13

it’ll go live when the store updates, which depending on how quick the team are, happens between 1pm and 6pm. We’ve not even had a store ‘heads up’ post yet, so likely expect a later update.

bushdoctor777 30 May, 2012 @ 10:15 am   14

Still not available at my ps Store.Hope it updates soon.Cant wait to try Gravity Rush.

jetpacksheep 30 May, 2012 @ 10:31 am   15

just to get this straight, will everything on the store be updated today as usual? i want to watch more access tv ha ha. also great news about gravity rush, i was torn between this and resistance but this seems much more exciting and fresh

Silent_Gig 30 May, 2012 @ 10:36 am   16

I cant wait!
Thank you Rebecca for always delivering the best of news =]

Goffeentl 30 May, 2012 @ 10:42 am   17

How big is the demo? Probably need to make some space on my card

ShadowhunterrX 30 May, 2012 @ 10:56 am   18

Mwah some demo mwah just a demo…… I will skip the demo……

Next week i can finally play the full game WOEHOE yeah ! Take my money !!

Shifty_The_Fox 30 May, 2012 @ 11:11 am   19

I already preordered my copy, but I’m sill checking the store and the blog in every five minutes. I hope it will be updated soon.

JonnyPauz 30 May, 2012 @ 11:39 am   20

Pinterest sucks, if you want to go for a comp that isn’t fb or twitter you should do a comp for tumblr, pinterest is just tumblr for people that can’t read.

Rebecca Maschke 30 May, 2012 @ 1:52 pm

Hi JonnyPauz

The three challenges operate independently of each other and prizes can be won in each of them. If Pinterest is not for you, look out for challenge 2 which revolves around Tumblr (see original post)!

pb-live 30 May, 2012 @ 11:40 am   21

Played the demo early and it’s a fantastic game. will be downloading this at launch. Can you confirm the price the game will retail at on the UK PSN Store?

Already pre-ordered it so I won’t be downloading the demo. Finally a decent retail PSVita game.

tarsanell 30 May, 2012 @ 12:39 pm   23

Any idea which retailers are participating with DLC in the UK?

Is this the same demo I had back in January on my HK Vita?

FBZ1501 30 May, 2012 @ 12:54 pm   25

Already got this preordered for £25, based on the review scores I have seen.
But it’ll be great to download the demo this week!
Can’t wait to have a go!

abtankeros 30 May, 2012 @ 1:08 pm   26

Any idea when this demo will be released in Australia? Nobody seems to know and kotaku even said it would coincide with the European release date. Any clarification would be great! Can’t wait to pick this title up!

Rebecca Maschke 30 May, 2012 @ 3:05 pm

Hi abtankeros

I can confirm that the demo will be available today as soon as the PlayStation Store updates.

Diablo_Rosso 30 May, 2012 @ 1:09 pm   27

No discount for Resistance? Meh, I’ll try the demo along with Gravity Rush. Also, has the Batlefield 3 Premium thing been officially announced yet? Lol.

Staffie007 30 May, 2012 @ 4:55 pm   28

Just to confirm the Gravity Rush Demo is up in the UK so ENJOY!!

RobertMorridin 30 May, 2012 @ 5:36 pm   29

Just tried the demo and I’m intrigued.
So far the gravity based gameplay was a bit confusing and the Vita-capabilities feel a bit tacked on, but I’ll get used to both :)

Like the art-style, it reminds me of the Atlus games.

Already got it pre-ordered!

Farr_okh 30 May, 2012 @ 6:15 pm   30

I can confirm Gravity Rush is available in the UK/Czech PS Store. Downloading it atm. I’m not sure if I’ll buy it but it’s definately interesting and some kind of original gameplay… let’s see… :)

VictorAnalogy 31 May, 2012 @ 11:39 am   31

Gravity Rush demo is great. Totally confirmed day one purchase. How much will it be on PSN?

DEAD_SIGHT 31 May, 2012 @ 5:53 pm   32

Gravity rush! What is it really, i know its a epic fail! Whoever has thought oh this is different, your right but in a bad way. Vita will not look good for sale with games like this!

MahouKami 2 June, 2012 @ 11:23 am   33

Just played the demo. Definitely the best game on the Vita! Is there any word on what the prizes are? Also how long is the competition going for?

SirTodge 4 June, 2012 @ 1:48 pm   34

Played the demo and absolutely loved it. Cannot wait for the full release!

eggs87 5 June, 2012 @ 9:54 am   35

The demo was awesome; I can’t wait for the full game, but I like many others am also wondering what the price will be.

Watch it be double what the US has to pay.