Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 6:32am

YouTube Coming To PS Vita Soon

youtube_logo_standard_againstwhite

Hi everyone! PlayStation Vita was developed with the idea of creating and delivering compelling content for all of you gamers. With the recent announcements of applications such Paint Park, Treasure Park and Wake-up Club, and Skype, we’re continuing to build out PS Vita’s portfolio of applications. Today, we’re very excited to announce the latest application addition to PS Vita – YouTube.

Coming this late June, YouTube will be available as a free downloadable application for PS Vita in You Tube serviced territories* via the PlayStation Store on PS Vita. With the YouTube application on PS Vita, you can watch millions of YouTube channels and videos on the stunning 5″ OLED screen, from comedy to gaming tips to today’s viral trends. The YouTube application features many of the functions you’re already familiar with – you can easily search for videos, choose favorites and make comments. Your personal YouTube account is available right on your PS Vita by logging into your account, you can access your channel subscriptions to watch videos from your favourite creators.

As we move further into 2012, we look forward to introducing you to more unique, social and immersive experiences only available on PS Vita. What are some of your favorite YouTube videos? Which ones are you most excited to see from your PS Vita?

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

90 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
Jordyce 1 June, 2012 @ 6:35 am   1

Maybe you could pass along that the 100 application limit on the Vita is getting annoying. Small apps like these are great, but if you’re going to keep releasing them, it would be nice to be able to download them without having to delete others first.

Yes finally!!! :D. Good to see that Sweden is one of the countries that will have the app.

PanaSlayer 1 June, 2012 @ 6:44 am   3

Hey what about us PS-Vita owners in Greece and Cyprus? Can’t we watch youtube too? I paid good money for this device, I should be able to enjoy the same content as everyone else!!!

MorfiTM 1 June, 2012 @ 6:57 am   4

OK, everything is cool and dandy but i have two simple question:
Will youtube app let us to send movies directly from our PS VITA?
Will we be able to create walkthrough movies directly on our PS VITA and send them to Youtube? Screenshots aren’t enough in my opinnion.

rollz616 1 June, 2012 @ 7:09 am   5

now tell google to get youtube app on ps3. even the xbox has a app why not us ?

five2five2 1 June, 2012 @ 7:18 am   6

Playstation should have YouTube and if you have web cam you should be able to make vid plz reply

five2five2 1 June, 2012 @ 7:19 am   7

Dtesting

Fikston 1 June, 2012 @ 7:22 am   8

How is this not available for Denmark and Norway?

Roneberg 1 June, 2012 @ 7:22 am   9

NO YOUTUBE FOR PORTUGAL? Tell me that you guys just forgot to write it on your post… i was so happy for the news but now… i’m so disapointed, a simple thing, just to view videos on youtube! So disapointed

Azerach 1 June, 2012 @ 7:31 am   10

We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! … No seriously, we are not worthy of your magnificent Youtube app.

LoveDoctor 1 June, 2012 @ 7:54 am   11

So why is IT that there is à YouTube App for THE Vita while YouTube playback on THE PS3 has never been fixed properly. The low-res playback is barely watchable.

Please release a YouTube HD (or even proper SD) app on THE PS3.

spatsnaz 1 June, 2012 @ 7:57 am   12

Finland getting shafted again, just like with the video on demand service. Thanks SCEE.

VitalogyPJ 1 June, 2012 @ 8:10 am   13

Don Mesa I’m sorry but apparantly you haven’t made your homework properly as.

“*The You Tube application for PS Vita will be available from the PlayStation Store in the following You Tube serviced territories:

Australia, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United”

I’m pleased to announce that Portugal IS an Youtube serviced territory, so please tell me that it was just a typo not includind Portugal in that list, and fix it please.

In case it wasn’t a typo then you should do some research because you’re very wrong.

Noisepurge 1 June, 2012 @ 8:21 am   14

what why Sweden but not Finland? Who decides these things?!

YouTube has been available in Finland since the dawn of time but it is STILL not included in the list of “official locations”. Same goes for Denmark and Norway. (Go to YouTube front page, scroll down and click the Location: Worldwide button. It’ll show you the list of officially supported countries.)

This is very strange because from Language menu you can choose Suomi/Finnish (or Dansk/Danish or Norsk/Norwegian). But this is most probably the reason SCEE can’t provide the YouTube app in Finnish/Danish/Norwegian PlayStation Stores.

If Vita didn’t have these way too strict restrictions with multiple PSN accounts we probably could just download the app using for example UK account but noooooo… Now we have to sit in our golden jail cell and wait for SCEE/Google to do their magic.

ninja_tom 1 June, 2012 @ 8:44 am   16

As a UK consumer, I say great news! Feel bad for those where it wont be available though :(

Erroneus 1 June, 2012 @ 8:58 am   17

This is a joke! We still haven’t got the video store for PS3 and now you can’t deliver a simple Youtube app, for some totally strange reason.

Glad I just bought a tablet, because Sony are clearly sending the message, that the Vita shall only be used for games, since everything else seems to take forever or never show up.

PSVitaTurkey 1 June, 2012 @ 9:08 am   18

Is YouTube app will be available for Turkey ?

Erroneus 1 June, 2012 @ 9:11 am   19

#18 it’s not on the list, so don’t expect it and why should they? Turkey is only a country with 80 million people, no reason to waste time on such a small amount of people (SARCASM LEVEL: HIGH).

thsl79 1 June, 2012 @ 9:16 am   20

GREECE ??

paulmoody 1 June, 2012 @ 9:25 am   21

Being from the UK this is exciting news. As for the other territories, give it time, it’ll happen.

seems to be useless for Saudi Arabia until you support Arabic language.

Skookie30 1 June, 2012 @ 9:36 am   23

lol the quote of the week goes to……..

@ Erroneus

for that witty sarcasm :D

Ryoshi 1 June, 2012 @ 9:37 am   24

I’m not sure what the majority of people want out of their PS Vita experience, but for me the big three reasons were: #1 playing PS Vita games, 2# playing PSP games (I never owned a PSP, so lots to catch up on) and finally 3# playing my PSone classics on the go. When is that finally coming? I would happily trade in Paint Park, Treasure Park, Wake-up Club, Skype and YouTube for that.

belmont_gr 1 June, 2012 @ 9:41 am   25

What about Greece? Greece IS a You Tube serviced country. Don’t let us down on this one!

acousticguy92 1 June, 2012 @ 9:46 am   26

I’ma watch HolmesInFive!

fujimi_no_geese 1 June, 2012 @ 9:56 am   27

@ Love doctor & co.
You’re welcome

Huono_peleis 1 June, 2012 @ 10:00 am   28

Everything has been coming to Vita “soon” since the launch. What is with Sony and exact release dates?

undergroundgr 1 June, 2012 @ 10:17 am   29

hold on a sec…where’s greece?

aeNdras 1 June, 2012 @ 10:28 am   30

Sweden, but not Denmark, Norway, Suomi or Iceland. It should be Scandinavia!

N3GAT1VCR33P 1 June, 2012 @ 10:30 am   31

This is great been waiting for this since launch day….
but what about a flash enabled browser???

ReeceDevonport 1 June, 2012 @ 10:41 am   32

Starting to feel like PS3 is starting to get left behind now, we have to use our browser, and on it the youtube playback is terrible.

infoxicated 1 June, 2012 @ 10:43 am   33

The YouTube app will be a nice addition, but as a portable entertainment device the Vita lags behind the PSP while it lacks a podcast manager.

If I could subscribe to my favourite shows the way I could on my PSP, the Vita would be gold, but to date I’ve watched just two videos on it.

LEONOFDEATH 1 June, 2012 @ 11:14 am   34

How about a HTML5 compatible browser?

Ashley7244 1 June, 2012 @ 11:18 am   35

I’m happy that its coming to Vita but it needs to come onto PS2 because I’m tired of the 240p videos and usually have to resort to either using my laptop or my Xbox 360. I want a system that ‘Only does everything’ but I’m seeinh asevere lack of it

It’s not a huge deal to me as I have other devices to watch YouTube on, plus I rarely watch videos on the go, but: What are the difference between Norway and Sweden? Portugal and Spain? What decisions is behind making either of those a YouTube serviced country over the other? Is it App language? I mean, it can’t be licensing issues? YouTube works fine in all these countries on the Web and on other devices, my Sony Xperia S for example does it fine. This just doesn’t make much sense to me.

And another question, is it planned to get it out to more countries? I could see this being a rush job to get another bullet-point ready for E3.

fjernbetjening 1 June, 2012 @ 12:00 pm   38

“OMG FINALLY”

*10 seconds later*

Oh you, ********** ***** ******* ********!

Seriously though, why the hell doesn’t the YouTube App come to ALL of Scandinavia? Or better yet, all of Europe. – Actually, let me save you the time, ’cause this would probably be the answer anyway:

“There have been some difficulties with bringing this service to select countries, but we are currently working on a solution to this problem, and will keep you updated as soon as information is available.

I just have a feeling this will never come to the rest of us, just like the video store.

PS: On a brighter note, if anyone’s still reading this, have a nice weekend.

manutreble 1 June, 2012 @ 12:18 pm   39

omg omg omg thank you sony for this and about time too bring BBC I player and itv player to vita next if possible

hitman_stephen 1 June, 2012 @ 12:34 pm   40

All I’m saying is thanks, kept that one a secret didn’t you, you guys do care after all :) keep up the good work!

who decide those limitations? i don’t get,can sony at least explain why
the youtube app will not be available in greece,norway,turkey etc ?

azakajam 1 June, 2012 @ 12:53 pm   42

Finally! Can’t wait!

Does this mean we can see an improvement to the browser anytime soon?

Thanks

Andrefpvs 1 June, 2012 @ 1:29 pm   43

Please tell me this is a typo and Portugal will indeed receive the application at the end of June.

Ervonymous 1 June, 2012 @ 1:35 pm   44

I’m really starting to regret putting money in the EU side of PSN, hard to make a switch anymore.

J_A_S_O_N_123 1 June, 2012 @ 1:46 pm   45

These simple things should have been available at launch anyway

Stonesthrow 1 June, 2012 @ 1:47 pm   46

That’s great! Then I can bump some underground hip hop when I’m on the toilet :)

sakulukk 1 June, 2012 @ 1:57 pm   47

Poland was not shafted, I am speechless…

Even though I feel like smirking at some of the peeps who were saying, well I don’t care about NISA content being available to you know which countries, I can’t stop feeling bad for Scandinavia…

sakulukk 1 June, 2012 @ 1:57 pm   48

Damn, no edit.. was suppose to be *about NISA content not being… * :)

mJ_mSv 1 June, 2012 @ 2:19 pm   49

First of all, I’m quite happy with my Vita, and would not get rid of it for anything, but it annoys me a Whole lot that this app will not be avail in Norway, when I see no reason for it?… Just like it annoys me we did not get montezuma blitz either earlier… Get quite annoyed that you could not relese the same stuff all over, even if it’s only localized in english I would had been more than happy :)

Tenchuwoh 1 June, 2012 @ 2:40 pm   50

I was so happy for this app but then i read this:

Oh Come on!Why do we have to take everything last?We still dont have vidzone(PS3) even if they announced that it will come before 2-3 years in the oficial GREEK PS Magazine!
JUST dont do this again and YouTube is far more important.I bought PSVita day one and i havent regreted it but if i see my Country(& others) to get less & less apps i will be really dissapointed thats for sure!

Load all