Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 6:32am

YouTube Coming To PS Vita Soon

youtube_logo_standard_againstwhite

Hi everyone! PlayStation Vita was developed with the idea of creating and delivering compelling content for all of you gamers. With the recent announcements of applications such Paint Park, Treasure Park and Wake-up Club, and Skype, we’re continuing to build out PS Vita’s portfolio of applications. Today, we’re very excited to announce the latest application addition to PS Vita – YouTube.

Coming this late June, YouTube will be available as a free downloadable application for PS Vita in You Tube serviced territories* via the PlayStation Store on PS Vita. With the YouTube application on PS Vita, you can watch millions of YouTube channels and videos on the stunning 5″ OLED screen, from comedy to gaming tips to today’s viral trends. The YouTube application features many of the functions you’re already familiar with – you can easily search for videos, choose favorites and make comments. Your personal YouTube account is available right on your PS Vita by logging into your account, you can access your channel subscriptions to watch videos from your favourite creators.

As we move further into 2012, we look forward to introducing you to more unique, social and immersive experiences only available on PS Vita. What are some of your favorite YouTube videos? Which ones are you most excited to see from your PS Vita?

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

90 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
Jordyce 1 June, 2012 @ 6:35 am   1

Maybe you could pass along that the 100 application limit on the Vita is getting annoying. Small apps like these are great, but if you’re going to keep releasing them, it would be nice to be able to download them without having to delete others first.

Yes finally!!! :D. Good to see that Sweden is one of the countries that will have the app.

PanaSlayer 1 June, 2012 @ 6:44 am   3

Hey what about us PS-Vita owners in Greece and Cyprus? Can’t we watch youtube too? I paid good money for this device, I should be able to enjoy the same content as everyone else!!!

MorfiTM 1 June, 2012 @ 6:57 am   4

OK, everything is cool and dandy but i have two simple question:
Will youtube app let us to send movies directly from our PS VITA?
Will we be able to create walkthrough movies directly on our PS VITA and send them to Youtube? Screenshots aren’t enough in my opinnion.

rollz616 1 June, 2012 @ 7:09 am   5

now tell google to get youtube app on ps3. even the xbox has a app why not us ?

five2five2 1 June, 2012 @ 7:18 am   6

Playstation should have YouTube and if you have web cam you should be able to make vid plz reply

five2five2 1 June, 2012 @ 7:19 am   7

Dtesting

Fikston 1 June, 2012 @ 7:22 am   8

How is this not available for Denmark and Norway?

Roneberg 1 June, 2012 @ 7:22 am   9

NO YOUTUBE FOR PORTUGAL? Tell me that you guys just forgot to write it on your post… i was so happy for the news but now… i’m so disapointed, a simple thing, just to view videos on youtube! So disapointed

Azerach 1 June, 2012 @ 7:31 am   10

We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! … No seriously, we are not worthy of your magnificent Youtube app.

LoveDoctor 1 June, 2012 @ 7:54 am   11

So why is IT that there is à YouTube App for THE Vita while YouTube playback on THE PS3 has never been fixed properly. The low-res playback is barely watchable.

Please release a YouTube HD (or even proper SD) app on THE PS3.

spatsnaz 1 June, 2012 @ 7:57 am   12

Finland getting shafted again, just like with the video on demand service. Thanks SCEE.

VitalogyPJ 1 June, 2012 @ 8:10 am   13

Don Mesa I’m sorry but apparantly you haven’t made your homework properly as.

“*The You Tube application for PS Vita will be available from the PlayStation Store in the following You Tube serviced territories:

Australia, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United”

I’m pleased to announce that Portugal IS an Youtube serviced territory, so please tell me that it was just a typo not includind Portugal in that list, and fix it please.

In case it wasn’t a typo then you should do some research because you’re very wrong.

Noisepurge 1 June, 2012 @ 8:21 am   14

what why Sweden but not Finland? Who decides these things?!

YouTube has been available in Finland since the dawn of time but it is STILL not included in the list of “official locations”. Same goes for Denmark and Norway. (Go to YouTube front page, scroll down and click the Location: Worldwide button. It’ll show you the list of officially supported countries.)

This is very strange because from Language menu you can choose Suomi/Finnish (or Dansk/Danish or Norsk/Norwegian). But this is most probably the reason SCEE can’t provide the YouTube app in Finnish/Danish/Norwegian PlayStation Stores.

If Vita didn’t have these way too strict restrictions with multiple PSN accounts we probably could just download the app using for example UK account but noooooo… Now we have to sit in our golden jail cell and wait for SCEE/Google to do their magic.

ninja_tom 1 June, 2012 @ 8:44 am   16

As a UK consumer, I say great news! Feel bad for those where it wont be available though :(

Erroneus 1 June, 2012 @ 8:58 am   17

This is a joke! We still haven’t got the video store for PS3 and now you can’t deliver a simple Youtube app, for some totally strange reason.

Glad I just bought a tablet, because Sony are clearly sending the message, that the Vita shall only be used for games, since everything else seems to take forever or never show up.

PSVitaTurkey 1 June, 2012 @ 9:08 am   18

Is YouTube app will be available for Turkey ?

Erroneus 1 June, 2012 @ 9:11 am   19

#18 it’s not on the list, so don’t expect it and why should they? Turkey is only a country with 80 million people, no reason to waste time on such a small amount of people (SARCASM LEVEL: HIGH).

thsl79 1 June, 2012 @ 9:16 am   20

GREECE ??

paulmoody 1 June, 2012 @ 9:25 am   21

Being from the UK this is exciting news. As for the other territories, give it time, it’ll happen.

seems to be useless for Saudi Arabia until you support Arabic language.

Skookie30 1 June, 2012 @ 9:36 am   23

lol the quote of the week goes to……..

@ Erroneus

for that witty sarcasm :D

Ryoshi 1 June, 2012 @ 9:37 am   24

I’m not sure what the majority of people want out of their PS Vita experience, but for me the big three reasons were: #1 playing PS Vita games, 2# playing PSP games (I never owned a PSP, so lots to catch up on) and finally 3# playing my PSone classics on the go. When is that finally coming? I would happily trade in Paint Park, Treasure Park, Wake-up Club, Skype and YouTube for that.

belmont_gr 1 June, 2012 @ 9:41 am   25

What about Greece? Greece IS a You Tube serviced country. Don’t let us down on this one!

acousticguy92 1 June, 2012 @ 9:46 am   26

I’ma watch HolmesInFive!

fujimi_no_geese 1 June, 2012 @ 9:56 am   27

@ Love doctor & co.
You’re welcome

Huono_peleis 1 June, 2012 @ 10:00 am   28

Everything has been coming to Vita “soon” since the launch. What is with Sony and exact release dates?

undergroundgr 1 June, 2012 @ 10:17 am   29

hold on a sec…where’s greece?

aeNdras 1 June, 2012 @ 10:28 am   30

Sweden, but not Denmark, Norway, Suomi or Iceland. It should be Scandinavia!

N3GAT1VCR33P 1 June, 2012 @ 10:30 am   31

This is great been waiting for this since launch day….
but what about a flash enabled browser???

ReeceDevonport 1 June, 2012 @ 10:41 am   32

Starting to feel like PS3 is starting to get left behind now, we have to use our browser, and on it the youtube playback is terrible.

infoxicated 1 June, 2012 @ 10:43 am   33

The YouTube app will be a nice addition, but as a portable entertainment device the Vita lags behind the PSP while it lacks a podcast manager.

If I could subscribe to my favourite shows the way I could on my PSP, the Vita would be gold, but to date I’ve watched just two videos on it.

LEONOFDEATH 1 June, 2012 @ 11:14 am   34

How about a HTML5 compatible browser?

Ashley7244 1 June, 2012 @ 11:18 am   35

I’m happy that its coming to Vita but it needs to come onto PS2 because I’m tired of the 240p videos and usually have to resort to either using my laptop or my Xbox 360. I want a system that ‘Only does everything’ but I’m seeinh asevere lack of it

It’s not a huge deal to me as I have other devices to watch YouTube on, plus I rarely watch videos on the go, but: What are the difference between Norway and Sweden? Portugal and Spain? What decisions is behind making either of those a YouTube serviced country over the other? Is it App language? I mean, it can’t be licensing issues? YouTube works fine in all these countries on the Web and on other devices, my Sony Xperia S for example does it fine. This just doesn’t make much sense to me.

And another question, is it planned to get it out to more countries? I could see this being a rush job to get another bullet-point ready for E3.

fjernbetjening 1 June, 2012 @ 12:00 pm   38

“OMG FINALLY”

*10 seconds later*

Oh you, ********** ***** ******* ********!

Seriously though, why the hell doesn’t the YouTube App come to ALL of Scandinavia? Or better yet, all of Europe. – Actually, let me save you the time, ’cause this would probably be the answer anyway:

“There have been some difficulties with bringing this service to select countries, but we are currently working on a solution to this problem, and will keep you updated as soon as information is available.

I just have a feeling this will never come to the rest of us, just like the video store.

PS: On a brighter note, if anyone’s still reading this, have a nice weekend.

manutreble 1 June, 2012 @ 12:18 pm   39

omg omg omg thank you sony for this and about time too bring BBC I player and itv player to vita next if possible

hitman_stephen 1 June, 2012 @ 12:34 pm   40

All I’m saying is thanks, kept that one a secret didn’t you, you guys do care after all :) keep up the good work!

who decide those limitations? i don’t get,can sony at least explain why
the youtube app will not be available in greece,norway,turkey etc ?

azakajam 1 June, 2012 @ 12:53 pm   42

Finally! Can’t wait!

Does this mean we can see an improvement to the browser anytime soon?

Thanks

Andrefpvs 1 June, 2012 @ 1:29 pm   43

Please tell me this is a typo and Portugal will indeed receive the application at the end of June.

Ervonymous 1 June, 2012 @ 1:35 pm   44

I’m really starting to regret putting money in the EU side of PSN, hard to make a switch anymore.

J_A_S_O_N_123 1 June, 2012 @ 1:46 pm   45

These simple things should have been available at launch anyway

Stonesthrow 1 June, 2012 @ 1:47 pm   46

That’s great! Then I can bump some underground hip hop when I’m on the toilet :)

sakulukk 1 June, 2012 @ 1:57 pm   47

Poland was not shafted, I am speechless…

Even though I feel like smirking at some of the peeps who were saying, well I don’t care about NISA content being available to you know which countries, I can’t stop feeling bad for Scandinavia…

sakulukk 1 June, 2012 @ 1:57 pm   48

Damn, no edit.. was suppose to be *about NISA content not being… * :)

mJ_mSv 1 June, 2012 @ 2:19 pm   49

First of all, I’m quite happy with my Vita, and would not get rid of it for anything, but it annoys me a Whole lot that this app will not be avail in Norway, when I see no reason for it?… Just like it annoys me we did not get montezuma blitz either earlier… Get quite annoyed that you could not relese the same stuff all over, even if it’s only localized in english I would had been more than happy :)

Tenchuwoh 1 June, 2012 @ 2:40 pm   50

I was so happy for this app but then i read this:

Oh Come on!Why do we have to take everything last?We still dont have vidzone(PS3) even if they announced that it will come before 2-3 years in the oficial GREEK PS Magazine!
JUST dont do this again and YouTube is far more important.I bought PSVita day one and i havent regreted it but if i see my Country(& others) to get less & less apps i will be really dissapointed thats for sure!

EtherealWinter 1 June, 2012 @ 2:53 pm   51

Hopefully the next app is a PDF reader *hint*

Kostas_20 1 June, 2012 @ 2:54 pm   52

wth!im a huuuuge sony fan,i have all sonys prosucts day 1,i spent so many money on psn!!an now that?where is the support?pfff but i hav a a feeling tht just a joke.youtube will be out everywhere in eu.

Iltapalanyymi_ 1 June, 2012 @ 4:24 pm   53

Never in finland NEVER! WHY?

vaca2345 1 June, 2012 @ 4:27 pm   54

Portugal isn’t cool enough to have Youtube app :(
Okay.

undergroundgr 1 June, 2012 @ 4:47 pm   55

i have a feeling that sony has nothing to do with this.thats google policy…at least lets hope that we will get the app sometime later this year.

immergingvirus 1 June, 2012 @ 4:57 pm   56

Hooray at least now people can stop moaning about it until something else comes along

Kostas_20 1 June, 2012 @ 5:05 pm   57

Well lets hope that there is a typo,wrong information,or things will be changed by th end of june.Im totally suporting sony but come on here we miss vidzone vidstore an other stuff…I want to see youtube vids on thata stunning vitas screen lol ^^

Andrefpvs 1 June, 2012 @ 5:15 pm   58

Also, what kind of country is United?

Artemisthemp 1 June, 2012 @ 5:28 pm   59

Why Scandinavia and Polen are excluded from this app

The Answer is Sony new policy about Documentation for getting stuff on PSN = Publicer are require to translate the documentation (that costumers never will see) into the country, they want it public in Languages.

This is reason, why Scandinavia and Polen don’t get NISA DLC or Avatar.

aquaIung 1 June, 2012 @ 5:48 pm   60

Dont want another icon cluttering up the home screen, Just sort out the god damn browser then we wouldnt need 50 odd apps, everything like this could be done through it as normal

xbass247 1 June, 2012 @ 7:49 pm   61

happy days about time there gave the u.k something good and fressh b for the u.s psn store ,i mean look wat we had too do just get netflixs on a uk vita

marado27 1 June, 2012 @ 9:34 pm   62

We, Portuguese users, want the Youtube app in Portugal!
We pay very well for the Vita. I hope you reconsider the situation!

devilmaker 1 June, 2012 @ 11:45 pm   63

I don’t understand… you’re forced to make a YouTube APP?! Why not just make the browser in any way decent and just let us browse the web without massive limitations. Even if you don’t manage to get flash support, at least give the thing HTML5 video/audio support!

socoenpo 2 June, 2012 @ 1:10 am   64

Estava para escrever em inglês, mas devido à minha indignação, escrevo mesmo em português de Portugal. Nada de YouTube para Portugal? Mas o que andam a fazer em relação a Portugal? Somos um país de terceiro mundo que descobriu metade dele!!! Nada de Video Store, VideoZone só passado 6 meses após o seu lançamento oficial, metade da oferta na Store em relação a outras Store’s, até mesmo da Europa. Só tivemos direito ao Mubi porque se paga para ver filmes do tempo dos meus avós, senão nem isso!!!! Nem direito temos a canais de TV? Nada de Comics, enquanto existiu!!! Já levo mais de 10.000 euros investidos na PlayStation, entre consolas, periféricos e jogos e gastei 270 euros na Vita para quê???? Bye Sony… ;)

JIM_13 2 June, 2012 @ 3:17 am   65

Hmm I was hoping for a Youtube app…Or a browser update (i guess the later will be better in many ways). I hope they will release it later for other countries too, it’s not fair to be left out…

InF3cTeD_Lug1a 2 June, 2012 @ 5:03 am   66

So this means PSVita will not have browser/HTML5 support?

Great job Sony, youre making me regret my Vita more everytime I listen to news.

And also great job at excluding countries, such as Portugal.

virgilbekhamblue 2 June, 2012 @ 10:01 am   67

Hope its in HD and bring out for ps3

The_legend_189 2 June, 2012 @ 11:48 am   68

finally its here I was woundering y its nt wrking nw I readed this I now y

seerek 2 June, 2012 @ 8:24 pm   69

Wow, great SONY. Thanks.

Now if you can, there are still some things to fix that were working on PSP:
- RSS podcast/videocast manager
- internet radio (something like pspradio.co.uk would be nice)
- make all games from PSP working (for example Fat Princess still is not working)

seerek 2 June, 2012 @ 8:29 pm   70

Ahh, and forgot one thing
Please fix parental control game unblocking to work like on PSP/PS3. I’m talking about case when parent wants to play one blocked game – on PS Vita you must remove parental control, but on PSP/PS3 you can just type the security code.

Thenks

VitalogyPJ 3 June, 2012 @ 1:36 am   71

@#64 Não diria melhor de facto. Tem piada gozarem com os Portugueses quanto à localização geográfica etc. quando foi este grande povo que descobriu mais de meio mundo.

WilliamBirkin 3 June, 2012 @ 11:44 am   72

SCEE in a nutshell.

We support them by buying their products and in return we get the middle finger.

Hell god damn sony, your service is stuck in the 50s. get a grip and start show some service! Bring content out FOR all countries, no matter the language!

x2SiK-JaYzZ- 3 June, 2012 @ 2:21 pm   73

This is great app for ps vita but i think its not that fair in somd other countries it could be google privacy whats not letting sweden and anyothers not gettig this…… btw when we get bbc iplayer :D

JediKnight246 3 June, 2012 @ 8:51 pm   74

I hope this app comes to the PS3 soon as well, YouTube XL’s videos are only in 240p which look terrible on an HDTV and i’d rather not use ps3youtube.com. :)

A95361 4 June, 2012 @ 8:03 am   75

The last United I saw hopefully means United states! lol Is this going to be available in the United States too? I very, hopefully hope so! I use YouTube on the family computer, on my laptop, on my cell phone, on my PS3 and would be even cooler to use it on my PSVita. I can’t wait to get it and download it to mine!!!

urdynamic 4 June, 2012 @ 11:13 am   76

GREECE???????????????????????????????????

SUBZERO1231 4 June, 2012 @ 1:22 pm   77

Well nothing to say , im very disappointed , iwas a big fan of you ! :( you wont understand , anyways i think i turn away from you , time to go back to my fave company again ! bye sony

k0opa209 5 June, 2012 @ 12:35 pm   78

sirius xm radio app!!!!! pretty please Sony. I truly love my ps vita. all it needs is the sirius xm app.

Comrade_CZe 5 June, 2012 @ 9:30 pm   79

SCE ! What abou your customers who paid about 1000$ for PS3 and they still can’t watch YouTube even in HD ! What the **** you do for Ps3 over last year ?? Was firmware update 4.00 the biggest joke in the century !?!? Even a F****** blu-ray player or BRAVIA TVs have a native app of YouTube(3D+Full HD). Why PS3 couldn’t ??? PSP updates stagnates. And PS3 is still the King in the PlayStation family, not Vita ! I really don’t want to talk about “GreyDated” XMB in PS3, but this is ridiculous. Tell me, how many users DO use AUDIO/VIDEO chat on PS3 ?? I used it 3times after 3 years.

So here it is: I will never buy PS Vita unTILL I’ll see a YouTube app on PS3. I would rather buy a new PS3 or another Android smartphone or another Android tablet.

suomenargie 6 June, 2012 @ 6:31 am   80

No support for Finland and many other countries… Would you like to explain WHY????????
Get on with the times, Sony. Seriously!

tzoutzouko 7 June, 2012 @ 9:03 am   81

We gave democracy to the world and they dont give us youtube….!!!! You want sun and sea this summer?? First youtube please!!!

ROONEY777K 11 June, 2012 @ 11:10 am   82

When will the uk get NETFLIX app as usa have this.

skandri7 22 June, 2012 @ 8:32 am   83

who ever says make a youtube app for PS3 just go to browser and type youtube it actully does work

mario9753 22 June, 2012 @ 12:35 pm   84

As for the PS3 YouTube app everyone wants:
A ps3 YouTube app would be a waste of hard drive space. In the ps3 web browser, YouTube is one of the main pages quick links, so why would you need a YouTube app when you can have it in the web browser? It works pretty good too

OrderSora 25 June, 2012 @ 9:53 am   85

Guess what, it’s the last week of June and still no more information was given about this app?

megapedroso 27 June, 2012 @ 1:07 am   86

Thanks alot for not releasing this in portugal.
Already spent more than 500 euros with the vita and cant even get a youtube app. I am a sony fan but i have to admit that the only thing sony likes is to suck money from its consumers, with a little effort you could have released this app for everyone.

Teemuli19 27 June, 2012 @ 3:22 pm   87

when youtube comes to finland?

Zienna13 29 June, 2012 @ 1:07 am   88

Seriously :c it have to come to norway too, i will die without youtube xD they have to hurry up with the app!!

Grantman_ 29 June, 2012 @ 4:15 am   89

Still not in New Zealand. Can’t find it using search in the PS Store. Come on people!

Grantman_ 30 June, 2012 @ 10:39 pm   90

It is in NZ, couldn’t be found using search function in ps store, rather it’s under “latest” option. Great stuff!