Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 12:00pm

PlayStation.Blog Recap

Hi everyone!

I hope you’ve all had a good week and enjoyed all our latest updates.

As most of you will know, the biggest video game event of the year – E3 – kicks off next week in Los Angeles. This year, you’ll be in the very capable hands of Simon Bramble and Katy Macdonald, who will be keeping you updated on all the latest news here on the blog, and also filling you in through Twitter and Flickr.

Usually Katy and Simon inhabit eu.playstation.com, but this year they’ll be providing updates, interviews and the latest news on PlayStation.Blog too. Stay tuned for the all the gossip from the show and don’t forget to tune into the SCEA press conference which will be streaming live here on PlayStation.Blog from 2am BST on Tuesday 5 June.

We hope you’re as excited as we are and we look forward to sharing our announcements.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

26 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first
Dutch_Rootsman 2 June, 2012 @ 2:54 pm   1

I CAN’T CONNECT TO RESISTANCE: BURNING SKIES’ MULTIPLAYER MODE! I’VE TRIED EVERYTHING AND I DESPERATELY WANT TO PLAY AGAINST HUMANS!!!

I’VE TRIED THREE DIFFERENT SOLUTIONS AND I’M STILL ROCKING NAT TYPE 3, HELP PLEASE!!!

I hope E3 contains more new PS3 Exclusives :P That is all i care about really :D

Catkiller1 2 June, 2012 @ 4:12 pm   3

I hope Tombi/Tomba isn’t another Legend Of Dragoon situation, where it won’t be released within the EU for months after the US release!

Mind You, I have some dollars left! ;)

SCOTCHmfCHIEF 2 June, 2012 @ 4:32 pm   4

is it true Hitman is coming with the 3 previous games, that wud be tremendous if it is

DAVIE222 2 June, 2012 @ 5:42 pm   5

wheres the E3 space in home? its not there!!!!

Hi DAVIE222 – here’s the latest from Zoba, our Home Community Coordinator: “The Theatre space is coming and will be available in time for the Press Conference tomorrow morning at 02:00BST.

The E3 Booth will not be available until tomorrow evening.”

peacefullbiker 3 June, 2012 @ 7:59 am   6

Chris, any news on the SLY cooper competition results ?

SLICK_T 3 June, 2012 @ 8:08 am   7

I can’t wait for E3 Monday! Anyways I’m in the USA and just commenting here to say hi to everybody over seas. We all may live in different countries but we all gamers man lol. Well happy gaming guys!

Since the conference is on at 2am how long will the conference be if I stay up and watch it.

DAVIE222 3 June, 2012 @ 12:02 pm   9

The conference still ain’t in ps home [DELETED] you guys better put it in there or no e3 for me

DAVIE222 3 June, 2012 @ 12:45 pm   10

@Lucreto 3:30 am

DAVIE222 3 June, 2012 @ 3:58 pm   11

if i miss my e3 due to the comfrence not bieng in home il be so angry

SN1P3RGH0ST_999 3 June, 2012 @ 4:16 pm   12

fifa12 needs an update too many bugs & ea servers are anoying they really need to improve it

Lucreto 3 June, 2012 @ 8:03 pm   13

DAVIE222

Thanks so it will be 90 minutes. Was hoping for 120 minutes.

I don’t think the conference will be live on HOME. I think it will be the following morning before it will be in HOME.

The blog will be the best place or Gametrailers.

DAVIE222 3 June, 2012 @ 8:29 pm   14

@Lucreto

did you not read the ps home blog post? sony clearly sais it will be live in ps home.

plus its been live on home for about 3 years now.

Alex-1124 3 June, 2012 @ 8:30 pm   15

When will we know June’s PS+ content? Will it be at E3? Just curious as something big is coming to PS+

Alex-1124 3 June, 2012 @ 8:34 pm   16

@DAVIE222 3 unsuccessful years. Twice a no show and last year we only had sound which kept cutting out.

I-_-MaGiCzz-_-I 3 June, 2012 @ 11:05 pm   17

Seriously now, I thought bringing PS2 games to PSN would be a great idea. And to be fair it was. However, the PS2 games on the PSN Store are terrible. I mean come on! Sell some Games that won Games of their year awards, bring the most popular games of the early 2000′s for example Grand Theft Auto: Vice City or Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and the game on PS2 around 2004 and onwards. Games what people actually know, have previously played and love. Games what you will actually sell.Please have a Rockstar feature on the PS Store for celebrations of E3 or GTA’s anniversary or celebration of GTA:5′s release date?

CC_North 4 June, 2012 @ 3:48 am   18

Thanks for the recap, Chris. Another great week of PlayStation news & updates with even more to look forward to next week!

I’ll be tuned in right here during the SCE conference – with a fresh batch of donuts and a cold six pack on hand, gonna make a night of it.

@I-_-MaGiCzz-_-I I hear you, friend. Although I don’t believe all of “the PS2 games on the PSN Store are terrible”, as I was greatly suprised to see the original Max Payne added to the collection not long ago. It’s a wonderful game and still incredibly enjoyable, even after all of these years.
Give it a go if you haven’t already – it may even fulfill that Rockstar craving, to an extent.
I agree with the sentiment though, I too would love to see more ‘actual classics’ added sometime.

Thanks.

DAVIE222 4 June, 2012 @ 10:54 am   19

im so disopointed in SCEE, you guys promised a press comfrence in ps home 3 days ago and e3 is tonight! i have been waiting for e3 2012 for a year now and you guys are gonna ruin it for me. well done SCEE

DAVIE222 4 June, 2012 @ 5:58 pm   20

thanks Chris

HIGHTOWER92 4 June, 2012 @ 7:50 pm   21

need better ps2 classics for psn store the 2 i really want is Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Need for speed: underground 2

Catkiller1 4 June, 2012 @ 9:04 pm   22

@ DAVIE

Come on……I can’t believe you’ve plagued this post whinging about the conference, when it was pretty obvious it will be shown as expected.

I hope you’ve learnt a lesson here? ;) Clearly you’re impatient!

Anyway, fingers crossed there are some suprise announcements, as i’m not sure there are any left with all the leaks surrounding the internet, the past few days!

DAVIE222 4 June, 2012 @ 11:06 pm   23

@ Catkiller1

sony promised the comfrence would be on ps home friday. i though it would be a no show.

i apolagize mr. catkiller

Catkiller1 4 June, 2012 @ 11:15 pm   24

It was stated that a download would be available Friday, not the conference! Obviously a download that would appear like when you enter a new area!

Catkiller1 4 June, 2012 @ 11:20 pm   25

@ DAVIE

Actually i’ve just read the HOME post again & you didn’t read it properly.

I was stated that a Theatre & Booth would be available to download to stream the conference at 02:00 on Tuesday. So basically the Theatre & Booth were in readiness for the event.

Before you start complaining etc, gather all the facts first, as you look a bit silly ;)

Catkiller1 5 June, 2012 @ 12:26 am   26

@ DAVIE

I apologise for sounding a bit harsh fella, it just annoys me when the facts are within a post & you start complaining when you never understood it. I find it a bit disrespectful, that’s all!

To be fair they did delay the downloads but the conference has always been slated for 02:00. Take it easy & hopefully we’ll see a few surprises revealed.

I’m hoping Square Enix reveal within their conference a release date for Final Fantasy X HD & finally reveal Kingdom Hearts HD Remix!

I expect a reveal for Hitman HD Collection among others.

For SONY i’m not sure what they have left to reveal, as i’ve read numerous leaks from other sites.

Can’t wait to see footage of Beyond though!