PlayStation’s 2012 E3 Press Conference: As It Happened
For those who weren’t able to join in on the action in LA, and for those who simply can’t get enough of the latest news from the show, here are the top announcements, in order of appearance.
- The show opened with a gripping and intriguing look at Quantic Dream’s new PlayStation 3 title, BEYOND: Two Souls, in which acclaimed actress Ellen Page will play the lead role
- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale was announced for PS Vita, and it will also support cross-platform play with PS3. To top it off, Nathan Drake (the Uncharted series) and Big Daddy (Bioshock) will be joining the line-up from launch
- PS Vita will be transformed into an advanced controller for LittleBigPlanet 2 with DLC launching later this year
- PS One Classics will soon be available for PS Vita
- Assassin’s Creed III Liberation is coming to PS Vita with a female lead character
- Assassin’s Creed III will head offshore when it launches on PS3 with epic sea battles
- Wonderbook, an interactive book that brings stories to life through augmented reality, is announced for PS3
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells will be the first title available with Wonderbook, featuring original content written by J.K. Rowling
- PlayStation Suite is renamed PlayStation Mobile
- A live demo of God of War: Ascension drives the crowd wild
- Naughty Dog demo a brutal yet thrilling level of the post-apocalyptic The Last of Us – a perfect way to end the show
And that was the PlayStation E3 press conference 2012.
Over the past 24 hours, we’ve also been snapping some of our favourite sights from around the show, which you can find in our gallery below. We’ll be updating this with new pics from throughout the week, so stay tuned for the biggest spectacles from the show floor.
We’ll also be covering the rest of E3 all week on PlayStation.Blog and eu.playstation.com/e3. Let us know what you thought of the announcements and if there’s anything you’d like us to take a look at in the comments below.