Posted 4:00pm

Get Those Engines Ready: WipEout HD And Fury Expansion Packs Set To Hit PS Vita Tomorrow

WipEout HD and Fury Expansion Packs

The wait is over! Finally, the most jaw-dropping, adrenaline fuelled anti-gravity racers combine. WipEout HD Fury and WipEout 2048, together at last.

PlayStation Vita owners get your game faces on!

WipEout HD Fury has been reimagined for PS Vita and is ready to be unleashed for the first time ever as an expansion to WipEout 2048.

Now you can experience the freedom of WipEout HD Fury on PS Vita and compete against Pilots across the world whenever you want, wherever you are.

Three packs will be available from the PlayStation Store tomorrow.

Wipeout 2048 2012-06-12-161525Wipeout 2048 2012-06-12-162701

First up is the ‘WipEout Complete Game Pack

• In the pack you will get both WipEout HD and Fury Single Player Campaign Modes. All 24 tracks – including 12 reverse tracks and 4 Zone Mode tracks. All 24 ships plus a Zone Mode Ship to choose from along with Full Cross-Play access at €12.99/£9.99.

Second is The ‘WipEout HD Game Pack

• This one includes the full Single player WipEout HD Campaign Mode. 12 tracks – including 8 reverse tracks to choose from, 12 ships plus a Zone Mode Ship and extended Cross-Play access €7.99/£6.49.

Last but not least is the ‘WipEout HD Fury Game Pack

• In the pack is the full Single player WipEout HD Fury campaign Mode to get to grips with. 12 tracks – including 4 reverse tracks and 4 Zone Mode tracks, 24 ships to choose from plus a Zone Mode Ship and extended Cross-Play access at €7.99/£6.49.

Wipeout 2048 2012-06-13-091424

To make the deal even sweeter…

Pilots who own WipEout HD or WipEout HD Fury on their PS3 are automatically entitled to download the PS Vita versions at no extra charge via Cross-Buy. Vice-versa anyone who purchases the expansions from the PlayStation Store on their PS Vita is entitled to download them at no extra charge on their PS3!

With two full games available to expand a new Pilot’s collection and content for Veterans you’d be wise to get those dates in your diaries and get involved. We look forward to seeing you on the track.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

77 Comments 24 Author replies
Show oldest first
RagingAvatar 19 June, 2012 @ 4:14 pm   1

YES. YES. YES.

And it’s free for me (who got the game for free in last year’s promotion).YES. This has totally made my day.

almighty-slayer 19 June, 2012 @ 4:14 pm   2

“Pilots who own WipEout HD or WipEout HD Fury on their PS3 are automatically entitled to download the PS Vita versions at no extra charge”

Sold.

Well, downloaded.

Artemisthemp 19 June, 2012 @ 4:16 pm   3

So I get the DLC for free, even though I own Wipeout HD and Fury on my US account? (guess no)

Ami Nakajima 19 June, 2012 @ 4:28 pm

As long as you have downloaded it from the PlayStation Store, yes you are

AG_Systems 19 June, 2012 @ 4:18 pm   4

Would be the icing on the cake to see a Racebox mode added. 2048 would really benefit in the long run from its inclusion. Loving the fact that I’ll be getting all this lovely DLC for free!

INS1GHTFUL 19 June, 2012 @ 4:18 pm   5

this is an excellent update.

one question however, I got wipeout HD free after the PSN hack last year. Do i qualify for a free copy of this DLC?

Ami Nakajima 19 June, 2012 @ 4:42 pm

Yes you do. Everyone who downloaded the content from the Store is eligible to download it to 2048.

Guillemots 19 June, 2012 @ 4:21 pm   6

@Artemisthemp We’re on the same boat :/

ZornGottes 19 June, 2012 @ 4:21 pm   7

so when will the 2048 content come to PS3? because only then I’ll buy the 2048 Vita (& this new free accompanying DLC content!)

Giving the DLC free to owners of it on PS3 is a good move. Looks like I’ll be spending even more time with WipeOut tomorrow.

Carnivius_Prime 19 June, 2012 @ 4:24 pm   9

Nice. I don’t have a Vita yet but I’m glad to know that I’ll have portable Wipeout HD and Fury waiting for me when I can actually afford one. :)

How much is Wipeout 2048 on the PSN store? I have downloaded Wipeout HD and Fury on my PS3 so it’s a good incentive to get me to buy the Vita game.

One question, in the begining of times, when Plus first made to the surface, WipeOut HD was offered in a month, will us early Plus subscribers, be entitled to have this offer as well ?

how will we get the dlc if we own wipeout HD fury? do we insert the disc and go on psn store?

Bezetos 19 June, 2012 @ 4:35 pm   13

If I got Wipeout for free last year as part of the free games offered to PSN users after the hack, will I be eligible for the free DLC?

Ami Nakajima 19 June, 2012 @ 4:40 pm

Yes. As long as you downloaded it from the store, you are entitled to download it to WipEout 2048

rospondek 19 June, 2012 @ 4:37 pm   14

Ami Nakajima, I guess Artemisthemp asked for something else.
If you buy Wipeout HD in PS US and now have PSVita on EU account you won’t get free W2048 DLC, right?

Ami Nakajima 19 June, 2012 @ 4:41 pm

The content is linked to your purchase history in your account. Unfortunately if you own it on two accounts, you won’t be able to get the content free

futureproof2011 19 June, 2012 @ 4:45 pm   15

Don’t own a Vita yet as I was waiting to see which direction 2048 would go, but this sounds pretty awesome considering they are allowing their customers to essentially shift their console purchases over to a portable.

1) Does the DLC include a patch which tweaks online racing settings? Wouldn’t it have to have these things to be on level with HD/Fury?

2) Racebox?

3) Custom controls?

4) Extended Cross-Play vs Full Cross-Play?

Thanks, and please extend my regards to the team for continuing the WipEout tradition.

Ami Nakajima 19 June, 2012 @ 6:26 pm

Full Cross Play (all tracks to use online) available when you purchase the Complete Game Pack. If you purchase HD only, you will be limited to the HD tracks in Cross Play. This also applies to the Fury Pack

MonsterRacer 19 June, 2012 @ 4:47 pm   16

Hoe kuch MB will they bpth be for pa vita

Takeo73 19 June, 2012 @ 4:47 pm   17

This is amazing!!! Thank you Sony for supporting long time fans of your game series like this!!

Amazing way to give back a bit and simultaneously get more content on the Vita! Excellent!

MonsterRacer 19 June, 2012 @ 4:48 pm   18

How much mb will they be for vita?

RobertMorridin 19 June, 2012 @ 4:49 pm   19

Adding to the love here <3

Always had a soft spot for the series since I first played the awesome 3rd game on PS1 aeons ago.

Put more time into my Vita copy than my PS3 copy so this news is le awesomé.

RealoFoxtrot 19 June, 2012 @ 4:52 pm   20

I’m just wondering…. when will the AR Museum be launched?

Please can we have file sizes for these? So much good value for vita in the last week I don’t have the space for all if it. The vita sale, the weekend golf sale , escape plan dlc and now this massive free expansion. It’s all good.

Ami Nakajima 19 June, 2012 @ 5:19 pm

Sure you can – The WipEout HD Game Pack is 297MB. WipEout HD Fury Game Pack is 265MB and the WipEout Complete Game Pack should be around 562MB

Artemisthemp 19 June, 2012 @ 4:54 pm   22

Happy to see, I get free Wipeout HD and Fury DLC for my Vita, even though I own the Wipeout HD and Fury on US account (free from PSN down)

iquayle 19 June, 2012 @ 4:55 pm   23

Hi Ami.

Can you tell us how big the downloads will be please?

Ravenblade86 19 June, 2012 @ 4:58 pm   24

Excellent stuff! I was looking at the new trophy list lastnight and it looked like there was some extra campaign grids added to the HD/Fury packs for 2048?

I’d like to know the files sizes as well if that’s possible please :) I doubt it will be a problem, but I’ll have no trouble freeing up some space if I need to. Wipeout > everything thing else! (apart from Colony Wars, can you get on that next please?!?) :D

Ami Nakajima 19 June, 2012 @ 5:04 pm

Guillemots 19 June, 2012 @ 5:00 pm   25

£1.000.000 cross-buy question.

I own a retail copy of 2048, so tomorrow i will receive Wipeout HD for PS3.
Here’s the question: After downloading the HD version on my PS3, I’ll be able to receive the HD DLC for Vita for free?

Thanks Amy :-)

Ami Nakajima 19 June, 2012 @ 5:12 pm

Unless the content is in your purchase history from the Store you will unfortunately not be able to download it for free

iquayle 19 June, 2012 @ 5:01 pm   26

Hi Ami,

Can you give us the download sizes please?

supersmith2500 19 June, 2012 @ 5:02 pm   27

Aw shoot, I traded in my copy. :(

J_A_S_O_N_123 19 June, 2012 @ 5:07 pm   28

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!

One question, I have Wipeout HD Fury for PS3, but I don’t have Wipeout 2048 for PSVita.
I can download the game for PSVita anyway to play it as stand alone content?

Ami Nakajima 19 June, 2012 @ 5:18 pm

Unfortunately not. WipEout HD Fury is only available as a expansion pack to 2048. You should should join us :)

Hawkboi 19 June, 2012 @ 5:20 pm   30

Bizarrely, my copy of Wipeout HD, has reverted back to a demo, my license says I have it and there is no expiry date. It’s with my subscriptions but the game and the unlock code have vanished from my download list. HD Fury is still there tho.

Have phoned customer services and they are looking into it. Appears to have happened to a few judging by the forums.

Nightmare966 19 June, 2012 @ 5:26 pm   31

Ami, quick suggestion: WipEout HD was released as a Blu-Ray release too,and this applies only to digital costumers. Do you think you guys at SCE can look into a way to make the promotion valid to those who bought a physical copy?

On the other hand, the promotion’s awesome — thanks for it. I’m pretty sure it’ll boost up the Vita sales, even if it’s just a bit :)

I have Wipeout HD for the PS3 as part of my Plus subscription and have since purchased the Fury expansion pack.

How will this work? Will I still be able to download both packs or just the Fury pack as technically I only have Wipeout HD as long as my Plus subscription lasts?

BAZ1307 19 June, 2012 @ 5:30 pm   33

Oooooooh! Now I feel so incredibly tempted to re-buy myself a PlayStation Vita tomorrow, after being refunded for my original one due to too many defects.

I just hope I don’t have more problems again this time around… :(

killerbrian007 19 June, 2012 @ 5:33 pm   34

its a bumper again i bought it on bluray won’t get it free:(

RealoFoxtrot 19 June, 2012 @ 5:34 pm   35

-does have the PSN version of Wipeout HD and Fury-

Will Wipeout 2048 be included in the Vita sale as well? Either way, I am going to buy Wipeout 2048. Already own HD and Fury, and the cross-buy stuff is awesome. Keep up the good job!

B-BoyHovenz 19 June, 2012 @ 5:50 pm   37

im always reading “as long as you downloaded WipEout HD/Fury from the Ps Store…” ,..may i also get it for free if i got the Original Disc with HD/ Fury on it?

lowrider007 19 June, 2012 @ 5:58 pm   38

So is this actually coming out today or tomorrow with the store update?

ScootaKuH 19 June, 2012 @ 6:00 pm   39

So let me get this straight: I own WipEout HD and Fury as digital downloads on PS3 and I also own 2048 on Vita card. Does this still entitle me to download the game/s on Vita for free? I was prepared to spend £9.99 on them anyway so to get them for free is the icing on the WipEout cake :)

Ami Nakajima 19 June, 2012 @ 6:28 pm

Yes it does. Everyone who has purchased WipEout HD or HD Fury is entitled to download them both free of charge to WipEout 2048 :)

Bealinator 19 June, 2012 @ 6:14 pm   40

Nice one, Ms. Nakajima.

I’ve recently been trying to nail the main 2048 campaign (er… I’m on the 2050 tournament) and it is quite a testing one to say the least. Enjoying it, think this will be the first WipEout I will complete.

Bealinator 19 June, 2012 @ 6:19 pm   41

Oh, and as I got the HD/Fury complete game last summer I’ll get these two dlc packs for free! Woopdeedoo! Bring on even more dlc… Got to say, I cannot decide what is my favourite Vita title anymore. This? Uncharted? Motorstorm RC? Unit 13? God knows.

BionicWheel 19 June, 2012 @ 6:22 pm   42

Wait? So I have the wipeout complete game pack on PS3 does this mean I can play this on my Vita without purchasing 2048?

Ami Nakajima 19 June, 2012 @ 6:31 pm

You must own 2048 in order to download it as it’s only available as an expansion pack to Vita

RealoFoxtrot 19 June, 2012 @ 6:35 pm   43

Wooo!

-is a happy Kitten again! cause just read that i will indeed get the DLC-

oh, and sorry for swearing before

Skookie30 19 June, 2012 @ 6:39 pm   44

nice 1 ami i really like sony’s cross buy incentives please do more Square enix & konami should take note.

i bought MGS HD but if i had a vita i have to buy again with minus MGS-PW on vita.

it be probably be the same with FF10 buy 2 copys 1 for ps3 & the other vita.

so kudos SCEE :)

SCOTCHmfCHIEF 19 June, 2012 @ 6:50 pm   45

this is superb, ami you are soooooo hot

When it first come out, I bought the retail version Wipeout HD Fury which Includes all content from Wipeout HD and the Fury expansion pack.

I also bought the cart version of Wipeout 2048 for my Vita, Will I be charged for the download?

Ami Nakajima 19 June, 2012 @ 7:38 pm

If you own the disc and want the WipEout Complete Game Pack, yes you will have to purchase it from the store I’m afraid

That sucks big time :(

CoolRichy008UK 19 June, 2012 @ 7:58 pm   48

and SCOTCHmfCHIEF is so desperate ami want me to throw him on the track lol

mercury7891 19 June, 2012 @ 8:02 pm   49

Will there be a racebox style mode included in this expansion? That’s what made wipeout hd great.

DAYDANNY666 19 June, 2012 @ 8:14 pm   50

More free Games WOW! I’m still playing uncharted golden abyss, hustle kings that has cross game play, and the free augmented reality games.
This is just too much excitement to be unloading in one day I wounder if WipEout HD will have cross game play and also how am i meant to sleep now knowing this.

Ami Nakajima 19 June, 2012 @ 8:17 pm

Full Cross Play is available if you purchase the WipEout Complete Pack from the PlayStation Store

Load all