Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 2:00am

Ōkami HD Puts The Celestial Paintbrush Back Into Players’ Hands With PlayStation Move

Okami HD for PS3

Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that award winning Ōkami will be re-born this autumn as a digital download on PlayStation Network for £15.99 /€19.99. Already one of the most beautiful games ever created, the addition of HD graphics will make this new version of Ōkami even more stunning. Ōkami HD will also feature PlayStation Move integration as well as a full suite of PlayStation 3 system trophies.

Initially released to critical acclaim on the PlayStation 2 system, players take on the role of Amaterasu, the Japanese sun goddess, who inhabits the form of a wolf. After a tyrannical monster turns the world into a ruined wasteland, she must use her magical abilities to restore the land to its previous glory full of life and color.

Okami HD for PS3

Ōkami HD brings Amaterasu’s epic tale to the PS3 with fully integrated HD graphics and 16:9 aspect ratio. The trademark sumi-e ink art style lends itself perfectly to HD allowing players to experience more of the awe-inspiring world displayed in greater detail than ever before.

To create an even more immersive experience, players can take advantage of the PlayStation Move motion controller and naturally make brush strokes with the essential Celestial Brush to defeat enemies and solve puzzles. Ōkami HD will also support the DUALSHOCK®3 wireless controller for those who wish to re-live the original experience.

For more information on Ōkami HD please visit www.capcomeuro-press.com.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

78 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
Zoomy-Ramen 20 June, 2012 @ 2:11 am   1

A Vita version would have been smart…You know…That Handheld that was released by Sony?

I honestly cannot contain my excitement for this. I have been asking and wanting this for so long and finally it’s real. It’s currently 2am and I don’t know how I’m supposed to sleep now with my excitement. I’m gonna run out and get €20 for my PSN account asap just to be ready for this.

Thank you!

azakajam 20 June, 2012 @ 2:33 am   3

@Zoomy-Ramen LOL. In all seriousness, I couldn’t agree more. The touch screen would work wonders in Okami.

Soulblitz 20 June, 2012 @ 2:36 am   4

Couldn’t agree more about a Vita version. I’ll be picking this up on PS3 and see how Move works out with it, but this would look stunning on the Vita screen, and touch controls for the drawing would be perfect.

I agree, a Vita version would be most welcome. But if it only comes to PS3 I wouldn’t be that disappointed. This game should be enjoyed on a big screen!

*happy happy happy*

bmate_1990 20 June, 2012 @ 2:53 am   6

Wow way to ruin the fun. Release it on disc please.

FemmeFox 20 June, 2012 @ 2:59 am   7

For what should be the happiest moment of my PS3′s life I’m massively disappointed. I want it retail. It’s Okami, it deserves a box. I don’t care if it’ll cost more. I’d like the choice. Of course I’m happy that they’ve even bothered with it (being Capcom after all) but seriously, if it’s critically acclaimed doesn’t that suggest a demand?

All this regardless, I’m probably gonna get it, as is the weakness of the gamer. But if there’s any chance of a retail release I’d be getting that.

andrewsqual 20 June, 2012 @ 3:02 am   8

Wow after me just saying today earlier on this blog how I won’t be buying another Capcom game, this happens. I will still say though, WTF is up with the price? If a digital copy is going to be 20 quid I would gladly pay 30 for a physical. Still very unexpected 2 weeks after E3, also at 2 in the morning.

By tomorrow you’ll be fed up with the Vita requests for the title so i’m not gonna say it…..but I will…Vita version, make it happen. I have the PS2 version and I wanted to play it on my 5 years old PS3, but now I want trophies, so I’m just going to wait for this one.
But really if you aren’t already making it, you should really consider it making it for the Vita.
Currently I’m playing Gravity Rush and shell shaded graphics looks amazing on the OLED screen, I’m drooling already thinking how Okami would look on vita’s screen
I’m not saying that you should make the Vita version because there aren’t any titles on Vita, because that’s not true, there are plenty of them to keep me bussy until Okami arrives, I’m just saying that the vita version makes much more sense…because of the touch screen….it would be Fruit ninja meets zelda meets…..how cares. Okami is a game that should be enjoyed at its full potential.(period)

Psvita version!!Psvita Version!! Psvita version!!!!!!

FlukeRogi 20 June, 2012 @ 3:51 am   11

Platinum trophy at all? If ever a PSN game deserved one, it’s this.

FlukeRogi 20 June, 2012 @ 3:55 am   12

Ok, there is a plat (just watched the trailer) :)

DarkMantis 20 June, 2012 @ 4:31 am   13

vita version!

Ants_Pai 20 June, 2012 @ 4:36 am   14

What? Platinum? Day one definitely, I have to agree, Vita version pretty please :3

residentSteve 20 June, 2012 @ 6:19 am   15

Really this boring game why did people like come on capcom where is resident evil remake and zero.

Lucreto 20 June, 2012 @ 6:24 am   16

I am bouncing off the walls with excitement.

I love Okami, it is one of my top favourite games of all time. 20 Euro is a little steep but as you have me over a barrel I will pay it happily.

I would like some Okami avatars to go with it if possible.

KaiserSoza13 20 June, 2012 @ 6:30 am   17

Any chance we can have Okamiden on Vita.

OPerkelO 20 June, 2012 @ 6:43 am   18

Okami for Vita ! Brush strokes are perfect for Vita !

chrisandsheva 20 June, 2012 @ 7:12 am   19

@ CAPCOM, via Tristian.
Have been waiting for a suitable time to post this, i think a post from Capcoms product manager is ideal. Anyway, i do not know this game your promoting, but good luck regards it/all whom are excited about it.

My reason for posting concerns the recent Dragons Dogma, and early demo access to RE6, what, or why did you’s do that promo in such a way ?.. ok, i bought Dragons Dogma day1, Solely for the code to RE6, tried to (1st) play the game, but just wasn’t for me, so i traded it back in 2 days after buying it, (for a £12 loss),But i had my code and wasn’t bothered, But then i heard the code is useless without the Dragons D disc.. Why ?… you MUST of known lots of RE fans would of done what i done, am gutted, also i had the code on my phone and lost it (formated mem card)..as ‘someone’ decided to print it on the games artwork/cover etc… just thanks a lot, please pass on my regards to All involved with this.

BigPaja 20 June, 2012 @ 7:23 am   20

So I guess we won’t be seeing Okami as a PlayStation 2 Classic any time soon, huh? That’s a shame. Not many games can wear the label “PS2 Classic” as proudly as Okami. The current range is numerous but high quality titles are few and far between.

I looked at the trailer and while the new HD graphics are crisper and clearer, they don’t look decidedly better than the original. Okami was already one of the rare games that looked just as great on an HD TV as they did on a CRT TV, so an HD remake wasn’t necessary to “make it look good again”. I’m also worried about the “papery filter”, the way it looked like the whole screen was painted on a piece of parchment. I hope that is going to be preserved. If that goes away, then it would be just like with the fog in the Silent Hill HD Collection – inexcusable.

Bot overall, I’m happy that Capcom decided that those who missed out on Okami should get a chance to experience it.

Alestes 20 June, 2012 @ 7:24 am   21

This is AWESOME news, I very much look forward to play it again :) And I’m also quite pleased I didn’t buy the Wii version :P

Now Capcom only need to release the old classic Mega Man games on PSN too, and I will be extremely pleased. It would be great to play the old Mega Man 1-3 and the X games :)

tezzer1985 20 June, 2012 @ 7:30 am   22

I brought this game back in the day…but never got round to playing it…ended up trading it in, but will defo get this

CAPCOM! Why don’t you EVER make any of your HD remakes in 3D?! ALL the other devs add 3D to their HD remakes, ALL EXCEPT CAPCOM! Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell etc. ALL add 3D to their remakes, why can’t you do the same?! What a waste of potential!

Lejenko 20 June, 2012 @ 8:16 am   24

Loved Okami when it was first released and got a little excited when I read this, Then read the comments below and it’s only then when i realised oh yeah this would really suit the vita.

That’s the trouble with the vita for me at the moment, its easily forgotten about Sony seriously need to use games like to help the system push on, seems like a missed opportunity for Sony/ Capcom

Bealinator 20 June, 2012 @ 8:33 am   25

Good work! I’m surprised Microsoft isn’t getting some of the love based on the love in with them this generation. Ah well, as long as PS3 gets its share of the love for one I cannot complain.

A Vita version would be a fantastic idea if this one sells as it should (a hundred billion!).

KillaT2501 20 June, 2012 @ 8:34 am   26

BRING OUT A VITA VERSION SONY!!!

WHAT HAPPEND TO CROSS PLAY?

I think this should have been brought out with Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 – I would happily pay full retail price for those three togethe, especially if it was compatible with my baby the VITA!

Make a Vita version pretty please!

Onna76_NL 20 June, 2012 @ 9:01 am   28

Already posted this on the US blog:

OMG, OMG, going absolutely, totally, completely, mentally insane here!!! After I played the Wii version (I also own the PS2 version) I was hoping soooooo much for a HD remake for on the PS3. Was hinting Shu-san a few times about this… now a wish is coming true, doumo arigatou gozaimasu, Capcom!!!!

You couldn’t have made my day any happier!!! WAHOOOOOO!!!

Onna76_NL 20 June, 2012 @ 9:03 am   29

Sheesh, is Okami HD coming and then people need to complain, again, makes me sick. I was also thinking about a Vita version but this game deserves better to view on a large HD wide screen instead of a small portable screen.

marchie-g 20 June, 2012 @ 9:04 am   30

Its only 1 game, is the price really worth it. 3d would be nice. Vita also. Sorry bit miffed at capcom the now. Sf x t dlc and there costing is ……(insert own nasty word) me off. So almost never goin to buy a day of release capcom product. It will be cheaper in a month!!!

Onna76_NL 20 June, 2012 @ 9:05 am   31

“Any chance we can have Okamiden on Vita.”

This!! Wonderful game on the DS and since its not a Nintendo exclusive…

KylieDog 20 June, 2012 @ 9:06 am   32

If gonna release it at that price should just ake it a bit higher and release it on disc.

I love Okami and want this but £16 for a digital HD port is way too much. Retail copy or can slash £6 off that price.

Arqus_Zed 20 June, 2012 @ 9:11 am   33

Just, yes.

Hopefully it will sell better than its original release on the PS2. (Seriously, for a game as awesome and beautiful as this, I was unpleasantly surprised that it didn’t go on to sell millions of copies. It was pretty much like Zelda, but then, you know, INNOVATING.)

BigPaja 20 June, 2012 @ 9:16 am   34

While I’m on the subject of Classics and there’s a Capcom Product Manager, let’s throw out some requests. You have too great a catalogue, Capcom, and we want to see it on PSN.

Let’s start with PS1 games:
Breath of Fire 3 & 4, Buster Bros. Collection, Capcom Generations 1-5, Capcom vs. SNK, Darkstalkers 1-3, Dino Crisis 1 & 2, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, Marvel Super Heroes & vs Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom, Mega Man Legends 1 & 2, One Piece Mansion, Pocket Fighter, Resident Evil Survivor, Rival Schools, Star Gladiator, Street Fighter Collection 1 & 2, EX Plus Alpha & EX2 Plus, Strider 2, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, The Misadventures of Tron Bonne

BigPaja 20 June, 2012 @ 9:19 am   35

And continue with PS2 games:

Auto Modellista, Bombastic, Breath of Fire 5, Capcom Classics Collection 1 & 2, Capcom vs. SNK 2, Clock Tower 3, Darkwatch, Gregory Horror Show, Haunting Ground, Killer7, Legend of Kay, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Mega Man Anniversary Collection & X Collection, Mega Man X7 & X8 & X: Command Mission, Monster Hunter, Onimusha series, Resident Evil games, Shadow of Rome, Street Fighter Alpha Anthology & Anniversary Collection & EX3, Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2, Way of the Samurai 2

See? Too many great games that You’re not giving us in exchange for our money. You need to step up Your game, Capcom.

Ariakan 20 June, 2012 @ 9:23 am   36

No Vita version ? :(

Skookie30 20 June, 2012 @ 9:44 am   37

I see notthing wrong with okami price how much cheaper does ppl want, it cheaper then the retail price of plat budget range games them are 20 quid.

i played abit of it very nice looking on a SD telly but my regret is i never finish it :(

so is a Day 1 buy for me, my only gripe is plz capcom release your bacllog of true Ps2 classics put okami Ps2 on PSN & ps1 classics

there nothing wrong having both original & HD together.

most ppl do still have muti titles, i have All FF games on PSN as well on hard copies so i have 2 FF-7 when FF10 HD comes i have 2 FF10. :)

Cataplexy-Pop 20 June, 2012 @ 9:47 am   38

This announcement really just made my day. Ōkami being re-released is the best thing ever to happen ever. The discovery of fire was a close second to this.

carlosdfn 20 June, 2012 @ 9:51 am   39

Truly a gift from the goddess herself.

No vita version is beyond comprehension though.

OMG OMG OMG

what a way to start the summer solstice – have been asking for a move version of the game for years.

I still have my ps2 disc of Okami but will definitely be buying this

mazegami 20 June, 2012 @ 10:13 am   41

shouldn’t have bought the wii version as well as ps2… also, any news on ffx hd remake? been holding off on playing both of these hoping for remake.

Catkiller1 20 June, 2012 @ 10:13 am   42

WOW…..fantastic news :)

I may purchase a MOVE again now!

Would be great if we could receive some replies from Tristan as it’s hard to get hole of CAPCOM employees, especially a Product Manager.

I’ve been asking for years for the Megaman Anniversary Collection & Megaman X Collection to release within the UK. Now that we have PS2 Classics is there any chance that these can finally be released? If not, any chance of a Complete Collection with Trophy support then?

Also, the CAPCOM Classics Volumes 1&2 would be very nice indeed, as a retail release with trophy support etc like the Ultimate Megadrive Collection…..MAKE IT HAPPEN!

PLEASE REPLY TRISTAN :(

Catkiller1 20 June, 2012 @ 10:20 am   43

*hold not hole lol!

Catkiller1 20 June, 2012 @ 10:22 am   44

@ Cataplexy-Pop

Tee Hee ;)

Catkiller1 20 June, 2012 @ 10:24 am   45

@ BigPaja

+1 with that list, although MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2 is already released within the store!

Catkiller1 20 June, 2012 @ 10:31 am   46

I’m with a few people on here with regards to a retail release.

Price it at £19.99 or £24.99 with a Collectors Artbook etc!

Sorry to plague the last part of this post. I’m off now :)

an art book would be nice but considering the game wasn’t a big seller its doubtful

typical a brilliant game that made you feel (only game that had me sobbing at the end, making the boss fight more difficult than it needed to be) had stellar reviews but poor sales

Shikome 20 June, 2012 @ 10:51 am   48

Shut up and take my money. :P

Also if you can give us the digital book japan gets too it would be even more awesome… I may have to build a shrine to Capcom somewhere or something. ^_^

gammaciok 20 June, 2012 @ 10:52 am   49

I Love Okami this is dream

Looks cool & different;) But i am sure PS2 games didn’t look that blurry back in the old days! :D What next? In a few years time people will be saying 1080p looks blurry on your new 4K TV? :D (saying that playing PS2 games on my old PS2 on my HD:TV do look blurry) :( Bring back PS2 playback(i.e i can play all my PS2 discs) to the PS3 PLEASE SONY!:P

Load all