Posted 3 July

‘Heads-Up’ PlayStation Plus Update – 4th July 2012

It’s our first update to the Instant Game Collection here in SCEE and that brings a new Game of the Month! Congratulations if you’ve already figured out what it is.

I can now confirm that from tomorrow until the beginning of August, all our PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to download Deus Ex: Human Revolution as part of their subscription.

Here’s a reminder of what’s in store for you…

I’m very pleased Square-Enix have agreed to provide this game, it’s certainly to my mind one of the finest titles of 2011 and a personal favourite.

THE TRUTH WILL CHANGE YOU. To save his life after a deadly attack, Adam Jensen had no choice but to become physically augmented with cybernetics. Driven by his need for answers, he soon finds himself chasing down leads all over the world. The choices he makes, as he unravels a vast conspiracy, will help determine the fate of humanity.

If you want to take full advantage of everything Deus Ex: Human Revolution has to offer, there are also three downloadable content packs available:

The Explosive Mission pack contains an additional bonus mission, Tong’s Rescue, the Remote-Detonated Explosive Device and the Automatic Unlocking Device.

The Explosive Mission and Tactical Enhancement pack contains all of the above, plus the Double-Barrel Shotgun, the Silenced Sniper Rifle and 10,000 extra in-game credits.

Finally, The Missing Link pack adds a whole new section of the campaign that covers the events that take place while Adam Jensen is missing for three days during the game. Where did he go and what did he do? You’ll need this pack to find out.

I am very pleased to tell you that the above packs are all a whopping 50% off exclusively for PlayStation Plus subscribers for the next two weeks, so grab them early to avoid disappointment and complete your Deus Ex experience.

And now, the icing on the cake – if you’ve caught “franchise fever” then you can see where it all began (although since it’s chronologically a sequel that’s not quite right) and grab yourself a copy of the PS2 smash hit Deus Ex, certainly one of the greatest games ever made, also at 50% off.

What else this week then?

Well starting today we have two new PSN titles launching, both of which have significant discounts in their launch week – for you JRPG fans out there we have Rainbow Moon, an epic adventure with hours and hours of gameplay and if you’re feeling a little board (HA!) why not give Dungeon Twister a throw (I’m on fire!) – as the classic board game is updated for a digital release, offering single and multiplayer action with tons of replayability.

That’s it from me today – you’ll hear from me again in two weeks when we’ll be dropping in with two titles – it’s almost time to bid a fond farewell to Chime Super Deluxe and Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine which leave us on July 18th – if you want to keep hold of these titles make sure you grab them and add them to your download list or you’ll lose access to them.

What’s coming up? Come back soon to find out!

The Instant Game Collection

PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection
Don’t forget the nine other fantastic games available to download for PlayStation Plus subscribers.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (70)

File Size: 5224 MB

Warhammer 40,000Step fearlessly into the heart of combat in the 41st Millennium as Captain Titus of the Ultramarines, unleashing visible violent death against the enemies of mankind. Storm into battle and use a combination of the most lethal ranged and melee weapons against the brutal Orks and insidious forces of Chaos. Form your own Space Marine squad or Chaos Space Marine warband and take the battle online.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine will be available until 18th July 2012

Chime Super Deluxe (78)

File Size: 189 MB

ChimeExperience the next generation of music gaming. Me: unique, compelling, creative and demanding. You: quick-witted and open-minded with sharp reactions and synaesthetic passion. Featuring all-new music by Plaid, Sabrepulse, Shlomo and more, alongside classic Chime tracks by Moby, Paul Hartnoll (Orbital), Philip Glass, Fred Deakin (Lemon Jelly) and Markus Schulz.

Chime Super Deluxe will be available until 18th July 2012

Darksiders (83)

File Size: 10GB

DarksidersDeceived by the forces of evil into prematurely bringing about the end of the world, War – the first Horseman of the Apocalypse – stands accused of breaking the sacred law by inciting a war between heaven and hell. Dishonored and stripped of his powers, War must return to Earth to search for the truth and punish those responsible.

Darksiders will be available until 15th August 2012

Renegade Ops (80)

File Size: 2592MB
Renegade OpsRenegade Ops is the most explosive experience on PSN. Control five different vehicles on land and air, each with unique abilities in stunning environments. Power up your skills for the ultimate in destruction. Play alone or team up offline with two player split screen and experience the chaos of 4-Player online Co-op with your friends.

Renegade Ops will be available until 15th August 2012

Outland (83)

File Size: 1195MB

OutlandIn the middle of Balance and Chaos, now stands one man whose efforts may bridge the ancient divide, or doom the world to destruction. The award-winning studio Housemarque, maker of Super Stardust HD, has created an ambitious platformer inspired by epic adventures such as the Prince of Persia series. Each player’s adventure will take him between light and darkness and force him to adapt to an ever-changing world.

Outland will be available until 12th September 2012

Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD (82)

File Size: 3248MB

Oddworld Strangers WrathIn the dusty, undeveloped wastelands of Western Mudos, cantankerous townsfolk find their settlements besieged by belligerent outlaws. Along comes Stranger, a tall, dark and enigmatic bounty hunter with a mission to capture troublemakers and scoundrels and return them to civilized townships for incarceration. But Stranger is keeping a secret and needs expensive surgery to survive. In his quest to earn enough Moolah, Stranger reluctantly accepts the ultimate bounty from the owner of the Mongo River and suddenly his adventure takes a very different turn.

Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD will be available until 12th September 2012

For the next 52 weeks, whenever you join PlayStation Plus you will be able to get your hands on these titles – they’ll be available at any time over the next year, yours to download and play for as long as you subscribe.

inFamous 2 (83)

File Size: 15GB

Infamous 2When Empire City comes under attack from a mysterious creature known only as “The Beast”, not even the electric super powers of Cole MacGrath can save the town from complete destruction. Battered and defeated, Cole finds himself fleeing towards the southern U.S. city of New Marais in search of a way to overcome this powerful new nemesis. Playing as Cole, explore the vast, decaying metropolis of New Marais and form relationships with the good people of the city, or side with their corrupt counterparts.

Motorstorm Apocalypse (77)

File Size: 6791MB

Motor Storm ApocalypseTest your bottle and your reflexes as you hit the streets of a crumbling city in 40 nerve-shattering races. Take your chances against the apocalypse in 13 awesome vehicle classes, from rocket-powered Superbikes and lightning-fast Rally Cars, to formidable Monster Trucks and fearsome Big Rigs. Create your own online race events for up to 16 players, customise and share thousands of vehicles and unlock tons of perks and rewards to smash the opposition and climb the global leaderboards.

LittleBigPlanet 2 (91)

File Size: 5865MB

LBP2Download LittleBigPlanet 2 and take your Sackboy on an adventure packed with clever tools, quirky characters and loads of multiplayer fun. Get creative and build absolutely anything you can imagine, from shoot-’em-ups and racing games to your very own movies and music. Then share your unique creations online with the rest of the LittleBigPlanet™ community. There are millions of levels out there just waiting to be discovered, all built by fellow LittleBigPlanet fans right across the globe.

Huge Discounts

Dungeon Twister at 50% off until 18th July

Two teams of adventurers with supernatural powers are locked up in the same dungeon. Only one team can walk out. Will it be yours? Choose to flee or to fight. Make the dungeon’s rooms rotate to help you advance… or prevent your opponent’s progress. Play alone or confront other players on PlayStation Network in this turn-based strategy game.

Rainbow Moon at 20% off until 18th July

Rainbow Moon is a beautiful role-playing game filled with exploration, turn-based battles, and character development. Six playable main characters with upgradeable weapons and armour, and more than 20 challenging dungeons await you in a fascinating story that lasts over 40 hours.

New Avatars

• Robo Transmitter
  • Robo Cyclops
  • Hockey Mask
  • Evil Graffiti Mouse
  • Evil Graffiti Cat
  • Crazy Television Avatars

Dynamic Themes

• Summer Games Dynamic theme

More to come later this month! Keep your eye on the PlayStation Store Updates!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

280 Comments 23 Author replies
Show oldest first

arnoman14 3 July, 2012 @ 11:03 am   1

only one free game? I know it’s a retail game we’re getting, but i would like to see Ratchet and Clank: All 4 one in one of the following months and i would also like to get Gotham city impostors, because the US got that game for ps+. I don’t say that i’m not happily surprised with getting Deus Ex, but i thought we would get 3 games (not all retail games, but like 1 retail game and 2 psn games)

Ross McGrath 3 July, 2012 @ 11:03 am   2

FYI – Deus Ex: HR is 8057 MB – since I know you’ll ask.

fauxtronic 3 July, 2012 @ 11:04 am   3

Excellent! I’ve heard good things about this game. Thank you!

fauxtronic 3 July, 2012 @ 11:04 am   4

@arnoman14: They are staggering the games now. A “game of the month” at the beginning of the month, then two weeks later you get two more titles.

Flipside666 3 July, 2012 @ 11:05 am   5

not something id buy, i’ll check it out though.

Ross McGrath 3 July, 2012 @ 11:06 am

Which, correct me if I’m wrong, makes it an IDEAL game for you in PlayStation Plus, no?

Elbender93 3 July, 2012 @ 11:06 am   6

WOW that’s big news! I had this on my “to-buy list” many thanks :D

Thank god for that, my ISP will be pleased and I won’t have to wait 2 weeks for it all to download (during the auto-update).

arnoman14 3 July, 2012 @ 11:07 am   8

@fauxtronic: Oh, in that case, thumbs up, Sony, because i hated it that we would get all the games the first wednesday of the month and then we would have to wait for the next month to get new games. If Deus Ex can’t entertain me for 2 weeks, i’ve still got Stranger’s Wrath, Outland and Renegade ops

Already own this on PC but don’t mind one bit. Out of the other games available there’s only a couple I owned so missing out on a single title for a month is nothing to worry about and I’m sure the ones coming half way through the month will make up for that :).

Keep up the great work guys, it’s awesome seeing so many amazing games becoming available on this service.

Carnivius_Prime 3 July, 2012 @ 11:08 am   10

Not a fan of Deus Ex but that’s ok. I’m sure loads of other people will be thrilled and I’m still happy about all the games we got last month some of which I had been wanting discounts for ages (such as inFamous 2) and never expected to get for free.

I’m hoping one of those upcoming freebies will be Ratchet & Clank All 4 One like the US Plus got. I own Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty and A Crack in Time and last week I bought the R&C HD Trilogy and am at present loving playing through the first game. I never had these on my PS2 so they feel new and fresh to me. :)

Excellent! Always wanted to play Deus Ex: HR!

pb-live 3 July, 2012 @ 11:09 am   12

Nice addition. I started playing the Onlive version of this a while back, but the service is too slow at the moment, so it’s good to see the game free for PS+ on the PS3.

Hope you can swing some Vita content at some point as well.

Rob_Velocity 3 July, 2012 @ 11:10 am   13

No other way to say it, that is fcuking outstanding, Deus Ex alone is worth the price it costs for a PS+ sub, seriously good work lads.

warerare 3 July, 2012 @ 11:10 am   14

Got this one for 360 but have only had a brief go. Will probably download and play this on PS3 now to save disc swapping. I guess I have to hope that I don’t own the games that are coming in two weeks. have these been finalised yet?

young_hastings 3 July, 2012 @ 11:11 am   15

damn only bought this game a few weeks ago ah well wicked game to be giving away. im gonna have to stop buying games from the shops and just get another year of ps+ the updates are great!

A damn excellent title, just a shame I already own the game. :P Here’s hoping the next update bears fruit.

Ross McGrath 3 July, 2012 @ 11:13 am

Well, don’t forget all the DLC at 50% off – well worth it if you don’t have it already.

VirusPT 3 July, 2012 @ 11:12 am   17

Deus EX: HR? Now That’s awesome (and one of the game I asked for in the request last month)

I’m not sure if I should love or hate you Ross!
From my huge backlog you already picked Shift 2, inFamous 2, Oddworld and now Deux Ex HR. Either I should play faster or tend to buy lesser games far ahead. ;)

Roneberg 3 July, 2012 @ 11:14 am   19

Oh my god! This is great… plus Ratched as mid-month update, would be great! Keep up the great work!

artem9000 3 July, 2012 @ 11:15 am   20

What with InFamous 2, LBP2 and Motorstorm, will they still available?

Ross McGrath 3 July, 2012 @ 11:16 am

Yes, all the games are still available, this only replaces Virtua Fighter 5

Flipside666 3 July, 2012 @ 11:15 am   21

i hope we dont get too many fps games, dont get me wrong i dont mind them but theres so many they get boring .

Ross McGrath 3 July, 2012 @ 11:16 am

Don’t worry, I’ve got a good balance going in my content plan.

eddibhoy 3 July, 2012 @ 11:15 am   22

Hi

Any chance of including sine Mora as a psplus game when it’s released?

Do you have any info on the release date of retro/grade?

cognac-vsop 3 July, 2012 @ 11:15 am   23

awesome! wish we knew what the 2 games coming on july 18th was.. how big is the file size for deus ex?

I thought we were getting the ‘instant game library’ updates earlier than the US PS+ (something about 12 vs 16 weeks)? Seems they’re getting their 3 tomorrow. Has something changed there?

It’s not a complaint, just a question. Love the updates!

Ross McGrath 3 July, 2012 @ 11:18 am

Yes, I think SCEA might get all their three in one go, we’ve taken the decision to stagger them in the month. If it’s unpopular we can always change it, so don’t worry.

FortyPercent 3 July, 2012 @ 11:17 am   25

Damn, I JUST bought it used recently. Well, this is bound to happen with the amount of content PS+ contains, and the service has still proven to be worth far more than I spent on it. I could never really get into the DE:HR, so perhaps immediate access with it installed on my system might give me more incentive.

Looking forward to the two other games on the 18th too. Thanks guys.

HighflyerVII 3 July, 2012 @ 11:17 am   26

Well, at least that gives me some more time to get through the massive backlog of games that I have already.

But…How long are you going to make us sweat over the next two games?

Ross McGrath 3 July, 2012 @ 11:19 am

I’ll do another post on the 17th July with the rest of the month’s content.

Bahamut_MW 3 July, 2012 @ 11:19 am   27

Nice plus update ;)
Any news on the summer discounts? I would love a discount on crysis =)

pilotpete90 3 July, 2012 @ 11:19 am   28

I didn’t like the game on PC, but i will give it another try on PS3. Thank’s Sony :-)

DazTheNinja 3 July, 2012 @ 11:20 am   29

Gutted I already own this game! Amazing though – could recommend it to everyone.

Ross – can you give us a heads up if the games coming later this month are PSN games or Retail games or do we have to wait in suspense? :P

Gincairn 3 July, 2012 @ 11:22 am   30

Shame I’ve already got Deus Ex on Onlive and PS3 (It was good enough to buy twice) but hopefully the next 2 weeks will be beneficial. :)

bcfc545 3 July, 2012 @ 11:23 am   31

cool…last month we got Motorstorm a game I was 50/50 on buying so saved there with PS+…..I’m still playing Warhammer which I thought I wouldn’t enjoy but I do….and now another game I was comtemplating on buying and its free again Deus Ex……nice one PS+ cheers *big thumbs up from me*

Ross McGrath 3 July, 2012 @ 11:26 am

That is exactly what I meant about Warhammer. If you give it a chance it’s a lot of fun.

ShadowDoGGG 3 July, 2012 @ 11:23 am   32

So what are we getting this month? I hope you aren’t shafting us by not giving us a game this month and putting a game ‘mid-month’ to count as 2 months.

Deus Ex sounds good but a game like Gotham City Imposters for this month would certainly be nice.

Ross McGrath 3 July, 2012 @ 11:28 am

I dont understand your question?
    You get Deus Ex now, mid month you get two more games.
    3 games a month.

Not to say Deus Ex: Human Revolution isn’t an amzing game, because it is and every serieus gamer would have bought it already (like me) and that is the exact problem with Plus. I stop buying games. I didn’t buy Journey, or Datura because there could be a time Plus will provide it but it’s taking the fun out of gaming a bit.
Also (again) the US gets more. I’m kind of disapointed. Not in the game but the amount of different games.
Will there be some good advetures in the future because that is something that we miss a lot in Plus and getting Vita in the mix (with a little upcharge) would be great.

warerare 3 July, 2012 @ 11:25 am   34

I would love some platforming love on Playstation Plus, Would love a bit of Sly/Jak love when July 18th hits.

warerare 3 July, 2012 @ 11:25 am   35

Wow did I mention above that I would love to get those games :-)

Flipside666 3 July, 2012 @ 11:26 am   36

thanks for the info ross, cant see my fiancé playing this with me lol, this is why i like plus, something for everyone, she will have to keep playing lbp2 for now hehe. i have got to an age now where fps are old hat, i look for game that are a bit different now is all.

Ross McGrath 3 July, 2012 @ 11:29 am

Oh well Deus Ex is actually an RPG pretending to be an FPS. Or the other way around. Give it a go anyway, it’s really very good.

a7md1990 3 July, 2012 @ 11:26 am   37

Hello :), thank you so much guys for this outstanding offer!. I’ve recently heard about Spyro series being released on our EU stores so, is it possible to set a release date for that?.

Thanx again.

I thought that we will get somethig about US update, but we got something better. I’ve Beaten that game about 5-6 times, it is awesome. Give us Mass Effect 2 in later date, and i will be in paradise :) Keep good work.

cognac-vsop 3 July, 2012 @ 11:26 am   39

would love Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One on the 18th! I like that it’s not 3 games in 1 go, gives me time to play Deus Ex properly.

iESCUDO 3 July, 2012 @ 11:27 am   40

Awesome! I haven’t finished my Steam (PC) version yet, so i guess i’ll do it on PS3 and will probably grab the Missing Link since i didn’t on Steam =)

What about the Vita, will there be any news for it this month, regarding plus or something? I don’t need a yes, a maybe with a smile would be nice =)

SCEE is doing better comparing to the last few months, hope it it keeps like this but with more improvements because people don’t seem too happy lately. =\

Thanks for your response Ross. I personally like it staggered as it gives me time to play the game before the others come out. But that’s just me :)

Thanks for all the work you guys do, it’s much appreciated.

Carnivius_Prime 3 July, 2012 @ 11:30 am   42

@OttoT Speak for yourself, mate when you say ‘any serious gamer’. We’ve all got different tastes and preferences.

Flipside666 3 July, 2012 @ 11:30 am   43

post 34,, +1 agreed

Cube1701 3 July, 2012 @ 11:32 am   44

I’m a serious gamer and I’ve been on the verge of buying this game for ages, but keep getting distracted by other games.

So this on PlayStation Plus is perfect for me.

AMAZING GAME,GOOD WORK… =) but i notice that month after month we are being left behind with the us store…we have 11 games and the us store as already 15…

Ross McGrath 3 July, 2012 @ 11:36 am

No, they have 12. Those three new ones they get will replace three they launched with. They will always have 12. We will sometimes have as many as 12, but usually 10. This is how we’ve structured it.

Quantity is not always everything.

STUPID_DAD 3 July, 2012 @ 11:36 am   46

Bravo sony

Played this already but will play again with dlc this time,and will try a more sneaky approach

Backlog is huge now and it’s all your fault

PsychoDantis 3 July, 2012 @ 11:36 am   47

Gah, another title I already own. That’s five I’ve already got now! :(

On the other hand, it’s great for people that don’t own it. Really putting XBL to shame in terms of content offered.

vherostar 3 July, 2012 @ 11:36 am   48

Rainbow Moon discount woo! I love me a bit of old skool JRPG http://uk.ign.com/videos/2012/05/18/its-time-to-get-excited-about-rainbow-moon great review too!

hated deux ex but will definately give this this a go, so glad to be a plus user at the minute.

bennyrafal 3 July, 2012 @ 11:37 am   50

Hmm, tried PS2 emulation on Max Payne freebie, will try it on PC, i dont know – but controls was scary different;)

Load all