Posted 1:00pm

Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time Competition Winners!

Sly Cooper - Thieves in Time

Hi Everyone,

Two months ago we asked all of you to contribute to Sly’s latest heist by designing one of the treasures he might find during his missions through time.

The response we got was overwhelming in quality and quantity, and Sanzaru had to struggle quite a bit to choose the 20 final winners.

Here’s a message directly from Sanzaru CEO, Glen Egan:

Hi Everybody!

We were totally overwhelmed with all your contest entries – thousands of them! Thank you very much for all your hard work, it was extremely difficult for the judges to narrow down the field to just the winners – we wish everyone could win. I think the final choices really reflect the Sly universe and history very well and will look great on your treasure wall! Thank you again and happy hunting :D

Cheers,

Glen

Find a gallery with all the winners here.

And the PSN ID of all winners here.

Are you one of them?

If so, you’ll be pleased to know you’ve won a PS Vita and a 16GB Memory Card. But that’s not all! The winners have also gained access to the second round of the competition – among all local winners, Sanzaru will pick EIGHT final winners that will see their designs transformed into real in-game treasures.

This means you’ll get the chance to steal a treasure designed by a fellow Sly fan, no matter whether you decide to play the PS Vita or the PS3 version.

And as you may remember, Sly is coming to both platforms at the same time.

Check out the trailer here!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

32 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first

Ants_Pai 4 July, 2012 @ 1:03 pm   1

One day I shall win one of these competitions >:3
Lucky, lucky people up there.

ChazzH69 4 July, 2012 @ 1:14 pm   2

I would of loved to have won, it was such a great competition. I hope Sony & Sanzaru do more of these in the future.

Well done to all the very lucky winners.

Can’t wait for the game to come out & hope to see it top the charts.

Pug-zilla 4 July, 2012 @ 1:35 pm   3

:-( didn’t win but thanks for giving me us a great competition rather than just answering a question.

Now for not picking me you have to promise to get Sanzaru to do a collectors edition version with a Sly Cooper statue as an apology :-p

Quality was very high and I’m glad I won. The PSVita is awesome, thank you so much!
I wish all winning object could get into the game. When do we know who the 8 end winners are?

Erica Doddato 5 July, 2012 @ 10:00 am

Hi OttoT,
    Sanzaru are deciding now so we should be able to communicate the final winners shortly.

CoolRichy008UK 4 July, 2012 @ 2:03 pm   5

its only a silly item in a game not real big deal and Pug-zilla tough you didnt win boohoo

Bealinator 4 July, 2012 @ 2:03 pm   6

I don’t suppose you’ll get Vita version free if you have it on PS3?

TINTINTB303 4 July, 2012 @ 2:04 pm   7

I really want this for my Vita but I all so want it for my PS3. My girlfriend loves to watch Sly and all his antics ;-)

Anyway I’m sure I speak for a large number of your customers when I ask what incentives are you offering to customers who want to own the game on both platforms??

Buy one and get 50% off the other?

Buy one get one free?

I hasten to add that if you do not offer some sort of (good) discount for customers who want both then a large proportion of them will just buy one copy. Either for the Vita OR the PS3.

Most people will not pay full price for the same game twice. Even if the Vita version has some Vita specific aspects thrown in.

Please reply :-)

hayzink 4 July, 2012 @ 2:09 pm   8

@OttoT

which drawing is yours the names are not listed next to the item?

why do 2 separate list’s put up the winning name with the item.

i was going to enter this but i forgot lol glad i did now because the standard was way beyond me, think i like the jade monkey the best :)

hayzink 4 July, 2012 @ 2:11 pm   9

@ CoolRichy008UK “its only a silly item in a game not real big deal”

doubt you would be saying that if an item you designed ended up in a game and you won a vita.

toxic-inferno 4 July, 2012 @ 2:13 pm   10

OttoT, as the only winner to have so far posted here, I’d like to congratulate you! Also, well done to all the other winners!

Wired_Gantz 4 July, 2012 @ 2:15 pm   11

Oh, I didn’t win, but hey, it was fun, i really enjoyed this competition. Hope my super-awesome Steam Powered Cat have better luck next time, ehehehe! :D Congratulations to all of you!

chrisandsheva 4 July, 2012 @ 2:34 pm   12

have to disagree with some comments regarding ‘incentives’ to buy two of same game.. ie 1 for vita and another for ps3.. maybe a small incentive… But 50% or even buy 1 get 1 free.. i doubt it will happen for £5 plus games.. and can’t really see why it should, i mean i was led to believe i could do this anyway, via a internet/wi-fi connection… or remote play as it’s known.. i very much doubt i would of even bothered buying vita if i’d of known truth about this, much less getting one on launch day, anyway, i can see why they give (gave) away ms-rc and other similarly priced games, but can see no real, or valid reason why the ‘retail’ priced ones should offer similar offers… Just Turn On Remote Play, ye know, like whats in the ‘official’ pre sale promo videos, And like what an ‘avarage’ skilled kid with a pc can Allready do… better still, just give All games away for free one day a month…

manutreble 4 July, 2012 @ 3:02 pm   13

i know this is the wrong post but wares the ps store update hmmmm

fjernbetjening 4 July, 2012 @ 3:06 pm   14

Well, my “Holy Grail” didn’t make it, but it was fun to work on, and most of the winners look like they could fit in the game rather well.

I definately hope there will be more competitions like these in the future, and congratulations to all the winners :D

PS: I hope to see number 2,3,6,8,9,10,14&19 in the game, they seem like they fit the best. ;-)

HoundEagle 4 July, 2012 @ 3:33 pm   15

Could we please know how do the winners claim their Vita? :)

@hayzink The last one, the one with the mechanical hourglass/ clock/ Cuckoo Clock, is mine. There are a lot that look much better but I think they liked the idea. I hope it gets into the game, maybe animated and all, that would be fun! But all of them are fun so we wait and see.

@toxic-inferno Thank you.
@HoundEagle They contacted me last week. I don’t think you need to do anything.

SKELLY7 4 July, 2012 @ 5:00 pm   18

I was the winner from Ireland. I was beyond excited when I found out. Still am. :D

Congrats to all the other winners. They are all amazing! Best of luck to everyone!

Bealinator 4 July, 2012 @ 5:40 pm   19

Just remember that Sony recently distributed a survey that hinted toward such ‘incentives’ to get two versions. At the very worst, a £5 discount but I’d wager on either 50-75% discount or a ‘free’ game if you have the other. Probably this will be limited to the PS3 versions as they are more costly.

VitalogyPJ 4 July, 2012 @ 8:08 pm   20

Either Sony and/or Sanzaru put me in a situation where if I’m gonna buy the game I will only buy for one system and for much I’d love to have it on my Vita if I have to choose I’ll choose the PS3 version without blinking.

You should’ve adopted the “Buy one, get both” policy on this game.

C_L_O_U_D_M_A_N 4 July, 2012 @ 8:59 pm   21

Props to ya Skelly, which was your entry?

RetroGamer2010 4 July, 2012 @ 11:18 pm   22

What about us US submissions? Anyone with me on this? Will they just be overlooked and move on, or are they also being selected at a later time? I don’t like how we weren’t even mentioned in the selected groups…was the US just forgotten? It sounds like they’re already moving on…

Erica Doddato 5 July, 2012 @ 10:03 am

Hi RetroGamer2010,
    We don’t deal with the US submissions. I know that Sanzaru are deciding on those as well so keep checking the US blog, you should get news shortly – don’t worry you haven’t been forgotten! :)

SKELLY7 5 July, 2012 @ 10:58 am   23

@C_L_O_U_D_M_A_N Thanks mate. Mine was the forth. My idea wasn’t so much the vase but the image on the vase. I thought it would be cool to have a pot/vase that had some ancient Egyptian art that was actually a story about Sly’s ancestor from ancient Egyptian times. Sorta like a little easter egg in it’s own way.

strangeplaice 5 July, 2012 @ 1:34 pm   24

Pleased to see that Sony are announcing the winners to the competitions now. :) Congratulations guys! :D

RetroGamer2010 5 July, 2012 @ 4:15 pm   25

Thanks, Erica! That puts my troubled mind at ease. But, do you know where I can find the US blog? Whenever I go to http://www.playstation.com, it sends me here…am I missing something here?

RetroGamer2010 5 July, 2012 @ 4:24 pm   26

Sorry, Erica…found it. ;)

gkid7pa 6 July, 2012 @ 12:02 am   27

<:| I wanted to enter but unfourtunately it wouldnt let me it said i had to type certain amount and i typed alot oh well

sagazoolo 6 July, 2012 @ 7:37 pm   28

Can’t believe I won… awesome! Thank you and congratulations to all the other winners!

Silverhound4life 9 July, 2012 @ 6:39 pm   29

Any chance someone will contact me on how do I claim my prize? :(

Silverhound4life 10 July, 2012 @ 11:17 am   30

Never mind :)

handofthesly 14 July, 2012 @ 11:29 am   31

Woohoo, I won for New Zealand! :)
My entry was the Brass Spyglass ^-^

It would be soooo cool to see all of these designs in the game!
Hopefully mine gets in! I could totally see Sly strutting around
with a spyglass strapped to his back, looking like a pirate haha

Good luck everyone else who got in! :D

minimax98765 17 July, 2012 @ 10:59 am   32

Sanzaru when are you realeasing demo for psn