Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 11:00am

Worms Revolution Takes To The Battlefield This October

Not many games can claim to have survived as long as Team17‘s Worms. Born from a simple idea, Worms first appeared in 1995! Now, 17 years later, Worms Revolution is heading to PlayStation 3. It will be available from the PlayStation Store as of 10th October priced at £9.99/€12.99.

It’s a completely new game built around the classic Worms 2D gameplay, but it also boasts a range of new, exciting features. Gamers will notice the game’s highly polished visuals but it won’t be until the action begins that they’ll marvel at new physics objects, dynamic water and an awesome class system.

To introduce the plethora of new features, we’ve created a series of five developer diaries. Here’s Worms Revolution‘s designer, Kev “Chesh” Carthew to introduce the game and tell us how the series came to be.

And if that grabbed your interest take a look at the second clip below to delve a little deeper into the development process with Ian Lindsey, the game’s lead programmer.

Look out for more from us in the run up to the game’s release later this year.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

19 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

My first reaction to seeing this post was “seriously, yet another Worms game?!” but it’s interesting to see there are actually some meaningful changes this time.

The “3D” landscapes are the least significant and seemingly just of cosmetic value but I like the idea of moveable objects and dynamic water. The best thing has to be different Worm classes though, looking forward to hearing more about these.

PS – also hoping for a nice PS+ discount at launch to tempt me into adding a third Worms game to my HDD ;-)

i’d be interested to know if there is any focus on ninja rope style gameplay as seen on worms2, armageddon and worms world party on pc. often referred to as “shopper” “roper” “proper” (pro roper) and “rope race”
i was disappointed these styles weren’t really possible on the previous psn release

CoolRichy008UK 23 July, 2012 @ 1:30 pm   3

i had all worms games so far

worms – psx
worms 2 – psx
worms world party – psx
worms blast – psx
worms armourgeddon psx
worms 3D – ps2
worms forts – ps2
worms – ps3
worms armourgeddon ps3
worms ultimate mayhem ps3
worms crazy golf ps3

il deffo get the new worms game and MikLSP you has to get it :D im a huge worms fan all they need to do now is make worms golf in 3D then il buy it

id love to see a worms game where they add levels with a story go from A to B and kill the odd worm lol

CoolRichy008UK 23 July, 2012 @ 1:34 pm   4

if possable plz bring the ps1 worms game to the store for people who never had it :D

AaronSOLDIER 23 July, 2012 @ 1:42 pm   5

Good to see its not 360 exclusive.

TBH you should get the 90s Worms games on PC, much better, like The Sims vs the console versions.

AlexAtkinUK 23 July, 2012 @ 2:22 pm   6

I might be interested if it was on Vita. But I already have two worms games on my Xbox 360 that I never go on.

I don’t think it would matter how many changes they make, I do not play these sorts of casual games on the big screen much these days.

AaronSOLDIER 23 July, 2012 @ 2:31 pm   7

I wouldn’t say these were casual games tbh lol

RedeyedRonin 23 July, 2012 @ 2:58 pm   8

@AaronSOLDIER
“Good to see its not 360 exclusive”

yeah good to see team 17 not ignoring there true roots other than amstrad of course the whole “Ultimate Mayhem” timed xbox exclusive left a bitter taste in my mouth all i can say is as a huge huge worms fan there better be 4 player ranked matches. i myself get bored going head to head all the time. also the modes really are lacking… class worms deathmatch, classic worms deathmatch & forts.. hardly much being changed.. dissapointing to say the least. but alas i love worms to death so money for the game is already nesting in my bank for that and counterstrike GO..the two best digital games out this year

manutreble 23 July, 2012 @ 3:01 pm   9

Plz make a worms version for the psvita that would be awesome

Catkiller1 23 July, 2012 @ 3:02 pm   10

Worms Blast HD release with trophies etc please?

@ AlexAtkinUK
That’s a good point actually, this would be a perfect release for the Vita. Ideally I’d like to see it on The Vita and PS3 with the popular buy one get both model.

RedeyedRonin 23 July, 2012 @ 3:08 pm   12

@ Nick Clarkson 17 years of worms @ team 17 surely there is maybe a way to use that say Worms Revolution 17th year anniversary edition? including a season pass for all upcoming dlc? also i have ideas for dlc i.e a gearbox endorsed mini claptrap worm wouldn’t that be freaking awesome? please reply as previous worms posts have been … well completely ignored so please have a little respect for nutball fans like me and AaronSOLDIER thanks…

RedeyedRonin 23 July, 2012 @ 3:15 pm   13

also vita fans join the club i was suckerd in to ps move sell your vita before they launch ri-vita the next gen handheld console made from 100% weety goodness!
fyi no games for the ri-vita currently planned

AaronSOLDIER 23 July, 2012 @ 3:31 pm   14

All I want to see are:

More than just 4 Worms per team
I get the point if someone quits

Since its a new engine we should be able to have 7 Worms per team like the older PC games, especially if its 1vs1.

Diablo_Rosso 23 July, 2012 @ 4:21 pm   15

I’d like to see a Vita version. At this point, that’s the only thing that will get me to guy this version of Worms.

JoshHood 23 July, 2012 @ 6:13 pm   16

Seriously, £10? There are a lot more unique, deep and original games available on PSN than this for a lot cheaper.

But given that Team 17 have just been quick to push out paid DLC rather than any actual fixes, both for the original PSN Worms, and Reloaded on PC, meaning that ever time I try to do any online multiplayer, it’s borderline unplayable, I’ll be giving this a miss.

Bring it to Vita, rethink the pricing, and show me some evidence that you plan to actually support the game, and I’ll think about giving you another chance.

Moogrose 23 July, 2012 @ 7:02 pm   17

Seriously, get this on vita and you have a sale!

Vita,Vita,Vita …. This neeeeeeeeeds to be on Vita. This will blow off the PSN Vita charts if created

buraspo 25 July, 2012 @ 10:26 am   19

That is just what I wanted ti see :) , thank you, Team !!! Upgraded 2d version is a blast ,looks great, yes .