Posted 2 August

All Aboard! Escape Plan: Underground DLC Arrives On PSN

Escape Plan The Underground DLC

Escape Plan is tunneling through with new content for everyone this week. The Underground DLC pulls up for a discounted price of just €1.99/£1.59 for two weeks, Patch 1.03 goes live, and we’ve unpacked a ton of new costumes.

After being denied their freedom from The Asylum, we join Lil and Laarg as they ride the elevator into the depths of Bakuki’s Underground. The darkness is filled with a convoluted network of trains, trollies, minions, and dare we say, an escape.

Building off the success of The Asylum, we’ve added four new costumes to the dressing room. Dress the lovable characters in the new Buzz and Flower Power Summer Pack costumes, with Furry and Tourist costumes unlocked by playing through the 21 Underground levels.

Did we mention the new challenges and four Trophies! Yay, Trophies!

We’ve also dug into consumer feedback and have added the new squeeze control to the Circle Button. This squeezes Lil while inflated or juiced-up on java. We’ve also taken in more of you tips and suggestions and have applied as many as we can to help improve your experience. So we’re returning the favour by offering the new DLC for just €1.99/£1.59 for a limited period.

After this two week Fan appreciation sale, Escape Plan Underground will be available in the PSN store for €4.99/£3.99 – that price kicks in as of 15th August, 2012.

Escape Plan The Underground DLC Escape Plan The Underground DLC

Everyone will get the Buzz and Flower Power costumes with Patch 1.03, as well as the new squeeze control. However, only Underground buyers will get access to the new levels, trophies and remaining costumes.

Finally, for those who missed our previous announcement, the demo has returned! Those who haven’t experienced the touching adventure of Lil and Laarg can play through 16 of the zany levels from the original game. Be sure to try it out and, as always, provide feedback in the comments below. We love hearing it.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

12 Comments 2 Author replies
Show oldest first
hitman_stephen 2 August, 2012 @ 3:50 pm   1

I’ve only got it as it put my 100% escape plan trophy achievements down to 73%, damn you DLC!
also theres so many trophies for this now, 40? shouldn’t it be made to have a platinum? Its a tough game, took me a while to do it, it deserves a platinum. i deserve a platinum!

Chris Millar 2 August, 2012 @ 11:12 pm

We would love to offer a platinum trophy, but this is a Sony decision.

almighty-slayer 2 August, 2012 @ 3:55 pm   2

Downloaded it yesterday when it was accidently listed as free.

Thanks ;)

Was it not meant o be free then? Sony would it be possible to list more games as FREE accidentally!
Don’t be trying to charge people after they’ve downloaded it as FREE either.

I will have to check it works as I download yesterday. I though it was a special treat for early purchasers of the original game!

Thanks anyway! ;-)

chrisandsheva 2 August, 2012 @ 5:31 pm   4

What, thats nothing, can’t you remember back in Feb when a few hundred lucky so-n-so’s got the full Uncharted Golden Abyss game because they bought the 79-PENCE treasure map, apparently someone had put the £40 game in the treasure map file.. i must of missed it by 5 minutes, God i was gutted, really i ‘think’ that mistakes like that should be KEPT on the store until midnight of the day there ‘Free’ for others, said i was gutted lol.. but anyway sony/sce never tried to stop the content from working, don’t even think it was removed from anyones downloaded list, could be a legal thing, or a price ie cost too much to implement, or maybe it’s just that sony/sce aren’t as bad as there made out to be, by ‘some’ users..

VitalogyPJ 2 August, 2012 @ 6:51 pm   5

This is me being truly honest: I love this game, the 2 DLC’s released so far made the game even more awesome. I must say though, this new dlc has some pretty challenging levels to get the 3 stars but well worth the time spent :)

Now, when’s the next DLC being released? XD

VitalogyPJ 2 August, 2012 @ 6:52 pm   6

“We’ve also dug into consumer feedback and have added the new squeeze control to the Circle Button” « I really need to start reading changelogs now LOOL I’ve played old school with front touch screen and rear touch pad :p

VitalogyPJ 2 August, 2012 @ 6:53 pm   7

“Downloaded it yesterday when it was accidently listed as free.” « LMAO not sure if it was a mistake but congrats for paying attention and being quick lol I paid and I think it’s worth every cent ;)

Love the dlc. Not lovin the new total 2059mb game size…. Why is it so big?
I might need to ditch this game purely to make space on my card

Shadiest187 2 August, 2012 @ 9:12 pm   9

Anybody know how to solve the “Toot Toot Splat” level? Not the trophy, the specific level, it’s the only one I haven’t finished & I know I’m missing something simple but for the life of me don’t know what it is!!

Any help would be appreciated :)

VitalogyPJ 2 August, 2012 @ 11:07 pm   10

Here’s how I did it (3 stars)

Move Lil to drink the thing to have him dash and while Lil’s going for it and drink, quick pull the moving platform up and then quick move Lil to the ledge. At this point and if you’re quicky enough doing those steps a train is stopping and/or has just stopped so as you’re in the ledge just dash and when in mid air dash again (yes, you can do it) but this is the tricky part as you have to time it right so you can land on top of the train. At this point you don’t have much more time to move again as the train is almost moving again so quickly turn Lil left and once done quickly use the last dash and make it land on top of the moving platform you moved up earlier. After this you’re almost done and the worst part is done too. Lower the platform and move right always remembering that the train might pass through so remember you cannot dash anymore and don’t rick too much. After start moving right be aware of the electric part on the rail (right side) pass through it and voilá ;)

I would like to buy this game but I want to play the demo but I keep getting an error code after I intall it.

Is there a fix on the way?

TheVVolf 3 August, 2012 @ 9:34 am   12

“Love the dlc. Not lovin the new total 2059mb game size…. Why is it so big?
I might need to ditch this game purely to make space on my card”

I agree, enjoying the game, but it is getting HUGE!
Is there any way the next update could reduce the size?
I really don’t want to delete the game, but need the space…