Posted 4:00pm

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Release Date Revealed

It’s time! Time to announce the release date of LittleBigPlanet PS Vita! The team are currently making their final tweaks but we are very happy to confirm that the game will be released across Europe from Wednesday 19th September!

That’s right, in just a few short weeks you can experience Sackboy’s next amazing action adventure set on a mysterious traveling planet called Carnivalia.

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita

Thanks to the PS Vita’s unique features you will be able to enjoy completely new game experiences and share your levels with the world wherever you are and whenever you feel like it. You can take pictures of anything you see while you are out and about and use them to decorate Sackboy or to make your level look exactly how you want it to look. It’s never been easier to make your cat (or dog!) the hero of your level.

Awesome! And it’s not too late to pre-order the game and get some nice bonus BioShock or Knights of Old costumes.

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita BioShock Pack LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Knights of Old Pack

I leave you with this new featurette where we tell you a little bit more about the story of LittleBigPlanet PS Vita. Have a look!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

31 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

Does that include UK?

Simon Rosenkotter 2 August, 2012 @ 4:39 pm

Yes! Just like everywhere else in Europe it will be released in the UK in the week around the 19th of September.

And before anyone asks about goodies for buyers of the digital version. It’s being looked into as I write this and we should have some good news for you shortly. :)

DAVIE222 2 August, 2012 @ 4:41 pm   2

i hate the name! call it littlebig plannet portable adventures…something like that! littlebig plannet ps vita is a stupid name. but thats my opinion. also will we see a demo of this?

CallMeIshmael-_- 2 August, 2012 @ 4:41 pm   3

I’ve had this on pre-order for months now! Great to see that LBP looks as brilliant as ever.

almighty-slayer 2 August, 2012 @ 4:44 pm   4

Why do you need to “look into” including preorder bonuses on your own store? Seems backwards.

DAVIE222 2 August, 2012 @ 4:46 pm   5

this looks so fun!

Yay SO happy! Can’t wait.

I never get to make anything in lbp because the other half moans that it takes up too much time on the tv and it’s not much of a spectator sport watching me fail at making things.

Now I’ll be able to tinker and not annoy ANYONE.

How does the dlc compatibility work? Will we need to re-download the stuff from the store? Do we need to import our lbp 1/2 game saves? Can we port over our half finished creations from the other games to the vita? Not that it matters if we can’t.

I’m too excited…think i’m having an aneurysm….SQUEEEEE!

Simon Rosenkotter 2 August, 2012 @ 5:20 pm

Yes, you will have to download your DLC costumes again if you want to use them in LBPV. That shouldn’t be too much of a problem though, right? :)

goonergaz 2 August, 2012 @ 5:11 pm   7

Please can you explain how to qualify for the pre-order bonus? I’ve checked a load of shops and there’s no mention of the bonus?

Alex-1124 2 August, 2012 @ 5:11 pm   8

Will the pre-order bonuses be available some months after release? I’d like to own both packs without having to buy the game twice :P

Simon Rosenkotter 2 August, 2012 @ 5:17 pm

The colour scheme of the Knights of Old costume will remain exclusive to the pre-order, but both sets of costumes will become available through the PS Store. But not for a long time after the release of the game.

goonergaz 2 August, 2012 @ 5:28 pm   9

so having dug about it looks like game for bioshock and amazon for knights, is this right? any other options?

BasketSnake 2 August, 2012 @ 5:37 pm   10

Smooooth

flaming_fist_17 2 August, 2012 @ 6:02 pm   11

if there were goodies for the digital version . can you tell us the possible size for the digital version of the game ?

Nice release date! At a comfortable time for me!
Sadly… you’ve seperated dlc between retailers…
I really hate when people do this lately. It seems to just be good for retailer, but bad for consumers. How do you suggest we get both, other than pre ordering the game from 2 places?
I would prefer a retail copy much more, but if the only way to get both is through online, I’ll be looking into that.

Simon Rosenkotter 3 August, 2012 @ 9:06 am

Some shops offer both costumes and these costumes will become available at some point long after the release. Keep in mind though that the colour scheme of the Knights of Old costume will remain exclusive.

Also, wheres the love for shopto.net?
I love that website for pre orders and only pre order from them usually.

PMurphy1978 2 August, 2012 @ 6:07 pm   14

@ Gooner Gaz, from GAME if you want the Bioshock pack, and Amazon for the Knights one, but as mentioned above both will come on the store in some form.

nfskingrlinworld 2 August, 2012 @ 6:32 pm   15

very cool

ScooterMix 2 August, 2012 @ 6:53 pm   16

hi i miss lbp karting beta and jaward said to me that there be new round coming. And its still on store but beta finsh and why on ps plus . is there going to be beta on again because miss it :[

natsamson 2 August, 2012 @ 7:08 pm   17

I am wondering, and usually this is the case, but we here in the UK get big game releases on Friday were as my EU friends get them on Wednesday, I think this may be the case for us but no worries, it will be here before we know it :)

teetboy71 2 August, 2012 @ 7:44 pm   18

Will we be getting a demo in the coming week

Shadow_Dancer 2 August, 2012 @ 10:07 pm   19

Does the release date also include other PAL countries like Australia?

Simon Rosenkotter 3 August, 2012 @ 8:27 am

Yep, this is the date for all PAL countries including Australia and New Zealand. :)

will there be a week one shirt?

CoolRichy008UK 2 August, 2012 @ 11:52 pm   21

Simon Rosenkotter call it

Little big vita adventures

Looks BRILLIANT :P

fjernbetjening 3 August, 2012 @ 9:33 am   23

Looks AWESOME! I will be getting this. :D

Stonesthrow 3 August, 2012 @ 10:42 am   24

Wonder why Mediamolecule isn’t making this, but I’m giving you guys the benefit of the doubt because this looks gorgeous ;)

bidbaldwolf86 3 August, 2012 @ 11:34 am   25

I’m looking forward to the game but why did you split the bonuses? I can either gwet the knights bonus from amazon or the bioshock bonuses from game/gamestation. Why not just offer them both. This is the kind of thing that really puts me off preordering stuff.

@Simon Rosenkotter, Which shops offer both bonuses? I cant find any shops that offer both. I cant even find any shops that even offer a bonus apart from amazon/game/gamestation. I would prefer a physical copy of the game, but at the consequence of losing a pre order bonus in the process, I may prefer a digital copy.

Simon Rosenkotter 3 August, 2012 @ 2:37 pm

Hm, maybe it’s only a US thing. In any case you are not losing a bonus if you go for one over the other since they will become available on the PS Store some time after the launch. A long time after launch, but still. :)

@Simon Rosenkotter,

Thanks for the reply, wasnt sure I’d get one to be honest.
Cool they’ll both be available eventually I guess.
In a bit of a predicament though, ha ha. I love bioshock, but I also like having exclusive things (And the knights have exclusive colours).
I think I may wait until LBP Vita Price/DLC/Size details are revealed for PSN, then I’ll decide if its worth getting physical or digital.
Thanks again for the reply!

Simon Rosenkotter,

You explain nearly everything. But what im still wonderinh about is that how are we going to download the lbp/2 for ps3 to the ps vita when it says on ps store throught a vita system that this content can only be downloaded from a ps3 system? Another question, will the psp lbp dlc/data also work for the vita version?

maddogarchie64 6 August, 2012 @ 11:41 pm   29

:O it comes out on my birthday!!!! That being the case can I have both pre-order bonuses somehow? Pleeeeeeeeeease? :D jk

dragon_soul360 14 August, 2012 @ 1:35 am   30

@Simon Rosenkotter – will i be able to get my costumes that i created in lbp2? if not i suuuure would be glad if they had cartoon eyes, and that hippie shirt, but if not, i understand

dragon_soul360 14 August, 2012 @ 1:37 am   31