Posted 5:00pm

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Public Beta This Autumn

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Hey everyone! Last week, SuperBot Entertainment and PlayStation invited a small group of players to get a hands-on preview of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale as part of our early development beta. We’re beginning to test our servers and connectivity issues as we work towards rolling out a public beta to the entire PlayStation nation this Autumn.

As part of this exclusive access, players were able to take control of characters such as Kratos, Sweet Tooth, PaRappa the Rapper, Colonel Radec, Sly Cooper, and Fat Princess and battle in environments such as Dreamscape, Metropolis, Sandover Village, and Hades. The feedback we’re receiving from beta testers has been highly encouraging and valuable, helping us craft the best online multiplayer fighting experience possible.

In addition, there was an unexpected and unintended leak in our beta that allowed fans to see some additional content. We’ve enjoyed reading all of the fan reaction and are thrilled that so many of you are excited to learn more about our character roster and level mash-ups, however, we are still in development and the leaked content does not fully represent the final product, nor the incredible efforts that were made to make these elements truly spectacular. This will be evident in the coming weeks as this content is officially revealed, beginning with our next character announcement at gamescom in a couple of weeks.

While just a small group now, in the coming weeks we will continue to send out batches of codes as we gradually expand the beta; so keep your eyes open. You just might receive an invitation to join! Keep checking back with the blog for more information around the public beta, starting with early access to PlayStation Plus members.

If you’re having this much fun with the game now, we think you’re going to be thrilled with all the great stuff coming in the final product!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

44 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first
Gamesgbkiller 2 August, 2012 @ 5:27 pm   1

Im exited !
really want to try it :)

XJohnny25X 2 August, 2012 @ 5:28 pm   2

Is the BETA for PS3 and VITA or is just for PS3?

LAClennell 2 August, 2012 @ 5:31 pm   3

Any Beta rewards?

stargateheaven 2 August, 2012 @ 5:34 pm   4

Finally, i was beginning to think that you’d forgot about us europeans after the last week sending out beta invites to the US!!

AaronSOLDIER 2 August, 2012 @ 5:34 pm   5

Still no Cloud or Sephiroth?

Ziggy_Marley_93 2 August, 2012 @ 5:34 pm   6

Can’t wait for this, easily my most anticipated game for the year! Been waiting for a game like this to bring all the PlayStation franchises together. Looking forward to gamescon to see who gets revealed next!

hilts663 2 August, 2012 @ 5:34 pm   7

When is going to start the PS+ beta?

link1983 2 August, 2012 @ 5:38 pm   8

I cannot emphasise how excited I am for this game. I made the Jump from Nintendo to Sony in 2006 (I had playstations before but was a Nintendo fan) and I loved Smash Bros. It’s one of the games I miss. This just puts my nostalgia trip into overdrive. I need this and October cannot come quick enough. :D

Thanks for the information guys. The game looks great and I’m really excited for the final release and getting my mitts on the Beta as soon as I can.

Also I commend you all for addressing the leaks. It’s actually really reassuring to see your taking advantage of the them and using them to see what people like (or don’t) and improve on whatever it may be.

avfc1234 2 August, 2012 @ 5:39 pm   10

when in august Will the beta be out im so eager to play this game i want to play it now LOL

chrisandsheva 2 August, 2012 @ 5:48 pm   11

Never got into the Street Fighters, other similar fighting type games, i guess this is same or similar kind of game ?.. just need to ask Bioshock was a ps3 exclusive ?.. didn’t know that, in fact IF it was it since got released on ‘other one’, ?.. or is that not a Big Daddy in pic above, starting to confuse myself now, this is meant to be a game that only has, or uses characters from ps only titles, or have i just totally misread the previous posts, If Bioshock was ps3 only once, shame there not any more.

ShadowDoGGG 2 August, 2012 @ 5:56 pm   12

Can’t say I am proud of Sony for ripping off a well renounced Nintendo IP but I will be able to have my judgement in the beta of it.

I hope this beta is on vita also, pointless to me otherwise

Carnivius_Prime 2 August, 2012 @ 6:00 pm   14

Nice that we’ll get to try it. I’m still not quite convinced about it. I hated Smash Bros gameplay. I’m more in Street Fighter. PROPER Street Fighter, none of this over the top Marvel Vs Capcom Vs whoever garbage. But yeah I’ll give it a go (the Uncharted fanboy in me compels me to play any game that Drake is in)

flaming_fist_17 2 August, 2012 @ 6:12 pm   15

does the BETA work on PS VITA and PS3 or just PS3 ?

Ratchet and Clank wont be in the game?

ScooterMix 2 August, 2012 @ 6:57 pm   17

hi i wont try this but i want to try lbp kart beta since i miss it on ps plus and jaward said that beta come back last time around. And when i look on ps plus the beta not working and dont understand why hasnt taken off :[ Im haveing bad luck this year and would cheer me up with the lbp kart beta if on 2nd time around .

AaronSOLDIER 2 August, 2012 @ 7:09 pm   18

@11, where does it say the games need to be PS exclusive? Super Smash Bros Brawl got Sonic which never started on Nintendo, and got Solid Snake, again, didn’t start on Nintendo, it was on the MSX first then was ported to NES for the western release.

ashton_philip 2 August, 2012 @ 7:17 pm   19

I really wanna play this as not just a HUGE PS fan but as someone who love fighting games in general, this looks epic can’t wait dunno if I should get it on ps3 or vita though?!

Falcon1991 2 August, 2012 @ 7:21 pm   20

Oh fudge yeah! Damn, I’m pleased to hear this. I really hope I get in.

Also I’ll buy this day one if Sora from Kingdom Hearts makes it in.

davidquesada02 2 August, 2012 @ 7:32 pm   21

how can I get in the beta?

Undeadskida 2 August, 2012 @ 8:16 pm   22

i cant wait for this game i want to play it now.

European_Gamer 2 August, 2012 @ 8:28 pm   23

how can the leak be unexpected when you have sent the beta to so many random americans who has nothing to loose once they get the beta codes/keys?

spelarenjoel 2 August, 2012 @ 8:51 pm   24

Great! Looking forward for this! :D

EXCELLENT!!!:P I can’t wait;) I can’t wait to buy/play this to & LBP:Karting soon;)

ryannumber3gamer 2 August, 2012 @ 9:11 pm   26

Can’t wait too play as Sly,Cole, & Jak in the full game. Hope i am one of the lucky ones to get into the beta and hope the beta comes to ps plus soon

Cyberendpunk 2 August, 2012 @ 9:51 pm   27

A game like this however I may want it could never appeal to me. As an avid PlayStation gamer for over 14 years it will disgust me to no end if it just ends up being product placement and cross promotion focused instead of truly catering to the fans, which is my biggest fear.

Now the reason I bring this up is that the recent leaked codes from the beta have shown characters that have no right to be in the game, one being from the upcoming DmC title by NT/Capcom. Just how much did they pay you to put that abortion of a character into our All-Star title? For F sake the game wont even be out by the time PBR(Battle Royale) releases, this blatantly shows you have not our(PS gamers) interest but interest of soul-less developers like Capcom.

What’s worse is that the OG Dante is one of my favourite characters and for you to give us the untested awful version is the biggest troll I have ever experienced. I truly believe I am over-reacting and you don’t make this game around cross promotion.

Cyberendpunk 2 August, 2012 @ 10:01 pm   28

There are characters far more deserving and I don’t want to see character slots being wasted on 3rd party characters that have no significance with PlayStation, least of which characters that are not even established and pale in comparison to the original version. Yeah you may give us a character skin of original Dante but I guarantee the voice, weapons, attitude and supers will all do their best to promote Capcom’s new Dante.

Superbot this is your first game and I truly want to support the title, but if character slots -even one- is wasted on such characters then Im sorry but you lost one customer. You may not know this but PS has a lot of great characters even if they are niche. I’ll give you some names of great IP’s you can take from; Yakuza, Valkyria Chronicles, Foklore, Demon’s Souls, Gravity Daze, Primal, Ghost hunter, Ape Escape, Jumping Flash, Dark Chronicles, Drakan, Jeanne D’Arc and Legend of Dragoon.

PLEASE USE THE CHARACTER SLOTS WISELY FOR PLAYSTATION SPECIFIC CHARACTERS.

chrisandsheva 2 August, 2012 @ 10:31 pm   29

@ 18.
I thought the title was saying it… So it isn’t playstation all stars etc… wonder why they have gone and chosen that, as to me, and others it does sound, or come across that they was making a fighting game that is filled with playstation only exclusive, characters… obviously it can’t be with the characters you mention, but thats how it sounded.

DANTE234 2 August, 2012 @ 10:39 pm   30

I’m afraid cyberpunk you won’t get any characters from them games except maybe something from ape escape. It probably up to the companies who owns ip’s and maybe capcom was asking too much of a fee for having the original dante in this game. Same for activision for crash bandicoot and spyro maybe they are asking for too much but we might see these 2 characters still. Maybe superbots hands are tided of what characters they can include

Cyberendpunk 2 August, 2012 @ 10:56 pm   31

@27: Last sentence. What I meant to say was, ‘I truly HOPE I am overreacting’, not believe :P

@30: I don’t mind certain PlayStation synonymous 3rd party character not making it because that’s understandable but Sony not allowing SuperBot to use their vast library of PlayStation IP’s to take characters from is ludicrous on Sony’s behalf. There would no point to the game if Sony is not willing to use all of their IP’s for this title, it is called PlayStation All-Stars after all :)

I cant wait to play the game! I will buy it for vita first, but i hope you do something like “Buy the ps3 version, and you get the vita for free download” or the other way around!

Also character roster-wise , i think it needs Crash and Spyro with the Psx era looks, Yakuza characters, valkyria chronicles, kingdom hearts (sora and riku), final fantasy (cloud, squall,sephiroth,lightning). Also nintendo has Pokemon in their game, you can add Digimon, the first game was a hit on PSX and the anniversary title is PSP exclusive (and its a great game too). Many many people want those characters in the game, and the fanservice is very important on games Like Playstation all stars.

Hans_92 3 August, 2012 @ 3:04 am   33

Waiting for public beta for PS Plus :D Of course if you want, you can send me redeem code earlier :D

T-UNDERTAKER_653 3 August, 2012 @ 3:53 am   34

I am really really really really looking foward to this beta its gong to be a blast

quackerzacher 3 August, 2012 @ 4:27 am   35

Oh Boy! you guys should hook me up up with a code when you start giving them out i would love to help beta test :)

JINJA_MINGE 3 August, 2012 @ 5:55 am   36

this cant fail. if it does the world will crumble

fjernbetjening 3 August, 2012 @ 9:42 am   37

I don’t get this whole “PS+ beta” thing. Shouldn’t a beta be about testing the game, rather than a way of getting people to subscribe to PS+? And if so, why not do it with as many people as possible, instead of only PS+ members? That way you could get a lot more feedback.

I’d understand if PS+ subscribers got earlier DEMOS, but not betas, it just seems stupid.

Countries: AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ

Will I, who lives in Norway, be able to play this demo?

Stonesthrow 3 August, 2012 @ 10:51 am   39

My interest will not be complete untill Solid snake is announced :p

DAYDANNY666 4 August, 2012 @ 3:33 pm   40

Were is Sack Boy?

specialalaa 5 August, 2012 @ 9:31 am   41

@fjernbetjening (#37), they did not say the beta will ONLY be available for PS+ members, they said PS+ members will get early access. So eventually anyone will be able to download it.

@DAYDANNY666 (#40), I’m guessing they’ll announce him (or her) at GamesCom in less than two weeks.

VRsMAker 9 August, 2012 @ 10:24 am   42

I am very excited about this game!
Hope I’ll be sent an invitation to try out the beta version soon…

Please send me a beta download code!
Im not a pluss member,(anymore) but still a loyal customer.
Thank you!

SCAIRKROW 11 August, 2012 @ 10:32 pm   44

I got beta invite today and i must say the game is sick and fluid