Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 5:00pm

The Best Of The LittleBigPlanet Karting Beta

LittleBigPlanet Karting beta 1

On 10th July, the LittleBigPlanet Karting beta opened its doors to the world, and for three weeks both fans and newcomers alike have had the opportunity to experience LBP Karting for themselves. With nearly 350 levels published every day and over 125,000 total participants, the beta has been extremely successful and we want to thank everyone involved for their participation and feedback. We loved having you, and we can’t wait to see you all again when the game releases later this year!

LittleBigPlanet Karting beta 2

For those of you who weren’t involved, we’d like to take this opportunity to share some of the most impressive creations that were crafted using LBP Karting’s incredibly deep 3D Create tools. This is by no means comprehensive, but it is a very good selection and we hope it will at least help sate your desire to get your hands on LBP Karting while we continue to polish the game. You can also head over to LittleBigPlanetarium.com to check out some other great LBP Karting beta vids.

Enjoy! :)

Tree Top Tromp by AmazingFlyingPoo

Lava Tubin’ by Argorokx

Helicopter Shooter by tI-_-I

NEON Circuit by Crazy_S

Roman Rumble by Luos_83

Sunset Rift by ApertureNOBLE

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

27 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
DAVIE222 3 August, 2012 @ 5:35 pm   1

HA! im not a plus member and i went to the ps plus bit on ps store and it let me download this :) was playing it all weekend!

AlexRiviera 3 August, 2012 @ 5:40 pm   2

God this looks quite nice though i have read that the gameplay itself feels wrong.
I just hope this to be a decent Modnation racers.
I liked that game but loadtimes kind of killed it for me.
This needs to be a lightweight Crash Team Racing succesor or even copy in LBP world and i’ll buy it. It looks amazing.
Is there a releasedate known already? Considering beta is ‘public’ we’re less than 2 or 3 months away?
Interesting title this.

specialalaa 3 August, 2012 @ 5:47 pm   3

I downloaded it but I didn’t get the chance to play it; I didn’t notice the date it was going to end! Aargh, I’m so mad at myself, it looks exciting.

Cube1701 3 August, 2012 @ 5:58 pm   4

Despite applying for the beta and being a PS+ subscriber, this wan’t made available to me, which is pretty disappointing. I’ll have to wait for a demo (if there is one) to try it.

The same happened with the LBP Vita one.

Hopefully this isn’t the end of PS+ subscribers getting access to most game betas.

Commandofin 3 August, 2012 @ 6:29 pm   5

I didn’t get the chance to get involved. Want to know why?
Because betatrial support team didn’t help me when I had problems entering the site which the beta invitation link lead. So I didn’t get my code and didn’t get to try this out. Whats the use of support email if you don’t get the support and help you need. Are people paid for nothing in there?

fauxtronic 3 August, 2012 @ 6:30 pm   6

@Cube1701: This was available for all British PS+ subscribers to download, but only during a specific 24 hour period. Clearly you missed the announcement advising us to quickly grab it, but that’s easily done, and makes me wish even more that PS+ announcements were delivered directly to subscribers’ PS3 inboxes.

I don’t think this is an unreasonable request at all. We all pay the same subs, so why should some subscribers miss out on cool things like this just because they don’t check the blog every day?

I played it at a mates house & LOVED IT!!!:P Can’t wait for the full game + hopefully the Graphics will be a bit better to(it just didn’t look as good as LBP2 really, but then again it was a beta) + Load times i didn’t notice so that is a good thing:D + I found trying to press the fire button which was the ‘square’ button while trying to keep my finger on Accelerate which was the ‘X’ button not easy :-/ (sorry to go on about it):D

fauxtronic 3 August, 2012 @ 6:37 pm   8

Sadly I only had a couple of hours to play it, but I was surprised at how good it was. What impressed me most was that despite being a 3d game, it didn’t break from the spirit and style of the LBP/LBP2 at all. I’ll probably buy it when it comes out.

Chunker76 3 August, 2012 @ 6:51 pm   9

I own Modnation and Both LBP’s on PS3 and did enjoy playing all from day one (not played for about a year on Mod) Unfortunately the mix of both Mod and LBP although sounding uber fun, didn’t have the same fluidity while racing, the drift/boost/turn ability doesn’t seem as good as Mod, but stills looks as good as LBP.

Thats my thoughts on the matter anyway, LBP Vita I will get, but think I’ll hold out on Kart racing unless we get a good discount for + subscribers

ShadowFlex 3 August, 2012 @ 7:53 pm   10

I think this beta might have been a mistake from a business standpoint. As the game was extremely underwhelming. I had a worrying feeling this would just be Mod Nation Racing with Sackboy slapped on, however it didn’t even manage that poor expectation. There is more editing sure, but not nearly as much as you would expect with Little Big Planet in the title. The racing as well felt extremely clunky and just all around lacking, ever the arena levels felt slow and boring.

The game just need to be quicker, more fluid and have a bit of the craziness we expect from sackboy. I couldn’t help the feeling it was a bare-bones experience because they plan to have all the fun stuff as DLC and unless the main games free, it just won’t be worth it I’m afraid.

It’s sad, because I was looking forward to this.

spelarenjoel 3 August, 2012 @ 7:59 pm   11

Thank you for the time we have had with a lot of fun and unforgettable creativity! Looking forward for the full game! :D

mcgillc_10 3 August, 2012 @ 9:34 pm   12

great beta i really enjoyed it going to get the game when it comes out for sure

vonhammer 3 August, 2012 @ 10:46 pm   13

Editor was fun,but being 30fps meant I could never buy it.60fps is a must for me in a Kart game,coming from MK7 being 60 in 3D just made this feel way off.You dont get the same thrill when driving around.

Will there be a public MP demo?

ChrissyJess5 4 August, 2012 @ 9:14 am   15

I can’t wait for this game to come out!

fjernbetjening 4 August, 2012 @ 9:21 am   16

I haven’t had a chance to try this game, but from what I’ve seen on the above videos, it looks like the gameplay is just too slow for me, and the steering doesn’t look quite right either.

I’ll give it a chance if there’s a demo, otherwise, it’s probably a no-buy for me.

Pla4stationgamer 4 August, 2012 @ 12:45 pm   17

wow was amazed at the helicopter level shown just goes to show the creative genius is still here. Well done SONY and united front games.

CoolRichy008UK 4 August, 2012 @ 3:27 pm   18

ONLY PS PLUS MEMBERS CAN DOWNLOAD THIS and sony you will have to tighten your ps plus up so anyone who is not on ps plus CANT DOWNLOAD IT

Busybee1_2_3 4 August, 2012 @ 7:48 pm   19

Played this and although LBP is always a hit.I think this should be an add on and not a full game.

CoolRichy008UK 4 August, 2012 @ 8:54 pm   20

ye what buzybee said this should be a addon not a full game cuz it wasnt made by MM and sony has to fix the ps store in the next update and fix ps plus so people who aint on ps plus cant get free games or betas lol (slaps sony)

x

x

i got the beta cos of plus but what i didnt know was that i was invited to the beta from the begining. i should have checked my emails more often

Eblis01 6 August, 2012 @ 8:13 am   24

just wanted to say thanks for the beta invite it was a good game alot of fun. better than mod nations and Mario kart thanks again I will be getting the retail release.

Stonesthrow 6 August, 2012 @ 1:44 pm   25

This looks really great, I’m definitely gonna enjoy this more than Modnation. I love the whole LBP atmosphere. And the fan made levels look great too.

Busybee1_2_3 7 August, 2012 @ 11:22 am   26

Oh thankyou for agreeing with me Coolrichy :0 Are you the same coolrichy on twitter that call people ridiculous names when they don’t immediately answer your hounding messages lol :D

Hamster8U 7 August, 2012 @ 3:22 pm   27

Thankyou for giving me the opportunity to be part of the Beta. Had so much fun while it was available & I will definitely buy the full game in November.