Posted 7:30pm

Media Molecule Presents Tearaway

Tearaway for PS Vita

We are ever so proud, and rather excited, to present to you our next game – Tearaway, a 3D adventure for the PS Vita.

Tearaway is kind of like a buddy movie. It stars iota, a messenger from a paper dimension whose envelope head contains an urgent message to deliver… to you! It’s a very special message, and one that’s unique for each and every player. In order to read yours, you’ll need to take up the role of co-star and, together with iota, journey through the vibrant papery landscape – two buddies going on an epic adventure to deliver this important message.

Tearaway for PS Vita<Tearaway for PS Vita

You and iota will travel far, taking on enemies and helping those in need. You’ll conquer adversity and discover magical papery surprises. But with this game, you the player are holding more than just a PS Vita in your hands; you’re holding the paper world itself!

Tearaway for PS Vita

Using the god-like powers inherent to someone who can hold an entire world in their giant hands, you can make your presence felt using a whole range of godly powers that take advantage of all of the Vita’s bells and whistles – some subtle and some epic. You can shake things up or turn them upside down. A gentle breath from you is a gusty storm. You can even poke your fingers into the back of the PS Vita to tear through into the world, and help Iota complete this very special delivery.

Check out all this and more in the trailer below.

Anything you see in Tearaway‘s papercraft world can be created in the real world from bits of paper! If you want to give this a try, head on over to our Facebook page to get the plans to make your very own customisable Tearaway Papercraft Elk. Remember to send us your creations, oh and say hello on twitter too! For anything else, you can check us out at http://tearaway.mediamolecule.com.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

24 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first

wow!…. just… wow!!

jason54400 14 August, 2012 @ 7:45 pm   2

This game looks amazing!

The game looks really cool.

That song is stuck in my head.

Is there a create and share part in here and can you change the main character, he freaks me out.

European_Gamer 14 August, 2012 @ 8:00 pm   6

I heard Media Molecule invested many millions in finding out what to do after LittleBigPlanet, but considering the size of this game I think you have more games up your sleeve.

I’m in love with it allready

uberkakis 14 August, 2012 @ 8:03 pm   8

OK… OK… I have shivers going down my spine. That. Was. Awesome. I am buying a Vita as soon as this gets released!

Great, great work Media Molecule. You are getting eerily close to being my favorite developer.

Once again: this was awesome!

James Spafford 15 August, 2012 @ 12:04 pm

Thanks! :) What do we have to do to become your favourite? We’ll get right on it!

this looks like what the vita was made for

fjernbetjening 14 August, 2012 @ 8:17 pm   10

That looks really cool!

cal_uk-kun 14 August, 2012 @ 8:57 pm   11

I didn’t know a person could truly fall in love with a game at first sight until today.

I can’t wait. It looks simply perfect!

Another unbelievably charming and incredibly fun looking game from Mm. Can’t wait to get to grips with it.

quackerzacher 14 August, 2012 @ 9:27 pm   13

ill buy it if it gets good reviews good job media molicule

YEAH this is the type of game where Vita shines! I personally like SoulEater and Killzone but i love the new IP they introduce. I want Vita to grow, Vita really deserve more respect, its much much better then anything out there in my opinion.

“A world held entirely in your Godly hands.”

Blasphemous, much?

Great looking game, but it seems nobody has any respect for peoples beliefs anymore. Now how can I play this, when it so blatantly brands me a God (just like Patapon).

I understand that many people believe that religion is redundant, but for those who still have any sort of faith, this is extremely offensive. It isn’t wrong to disagree with someone’s beliefs, but to deny them (or their religion) respect is unjustified.

I’ll take another look when it launches – the story and character dialogue might not focus on you’re so called “God-like” abilities so much that it is unavoidable and so I might be able to play it. I would have loved to play through the Patapon series, but was unable for this very reason.

I would like it if someone from the Playstation team, or Media Molecule, could reply to this with their thoughts on the issue – instead of the usual abusive replies of people who neither care, nor respect anyone’s religious views.

Thank you.

Stellakris 14 August, 2012 @ 10:09 pm   16

“god-like” hands is more accurately what they say. And the capitalization of God was added by yourself.

@Stellakris

In most religions, if not all, that involve a God of any kind, it is a major sin to claim to be, or that someone else is/is similar to (i.e. has features that can be likened to) God himself, or a God of any kind.

If you declare that you are, or someone else is A god, then you are declaring that you/ they are similar, if not equal to, God. For most religious people, this is a big problem and even when it is in a game, it can still cause an issue.

I don’t intend to cause any problems, though, I just wanted to highlight that this issue does exist and that more games are adopting the trend.

I asked for an opinion of the developers, or even Sony themselves, out of curiosity. I wonder if they are aware of the issue, or see it as an issue at all.

P.S. I’m not at all angry, I just wanted to voice my opinion. I do think that this is a great looking game.

Looks good;) But nothing will beat Sack-boy on CUTENESS looks:D Wish it was on PS3 tho:( But not sure how you would put your fingers on the back of your Telly while playing it:D

Project2insanity 15 August, 2012 @ 1:08 am   19

@PBUH91; It really is nothing to do with blasphemy. We use the word ‘god’ in our language but we don’t liken ourselves to God with its use. Do you really think God of War is blasphemous despite having nothing to do with- and not implying otherwise- today’s religions?

You make a fair point saying nobody should disrespect religions but neither should religious people disrespect others by assuming we take His name in vain every time we use the word ‘god’.

As for the developers and Sony having any concern; would you really believe they all practise atheism? It’s an obvious answer.

residentSteve 15 August, 2012 @ 6:34 am   20

Not really a big fan of media molecule i even find there name boring, but I know sack boy is a great character.
When are Sony going to annouce gow vita?

INS1GHTFUL 15 August, 2012 @ 10:08 am   21

Looks good. When is it out?

Dark-Twisted 15 August, 2012 @ 11:06 am   22

This looks amazing, looks like I’m definitely going to keep saving for a Vita. Totally awe-struck by all these original creative games…

If anyone is wondering, the song is “Shut Eye” by Stealing Sheep.

ChameleonVector 15 August, 2012 @ 2:09 pm   23

Day one buy. Was waiting for an announcement that MM were making a Vita game. This looks insane! :D

Stonesthrow 16 August, 2012 @ 2:06 am   24

Looks just as amazing as LBP, instant musthave.