Posted 4:00pm

Sony at Gamescom 2012 – Live Stream

The wait is over! Sony’s Gamescom 2012 press conference gets underway today at 19.00 CET/18.00 BST/03.00 Sydney and we’re streaming the whole show right here on the PlayStation Blog. Just hit play on the video player above and you’re good to go.

Once the main show has wrapped there’ll then be a short break before our VIP panel gets underway, which will also be streamed live. Some of the brightest minds in video game development will be taking to the stage to weigh in on the storied ‘games as art’ debate. To put your questions to Sony Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida, LittleBigPlanet co-creator Alex Evans and thatgamecompany co-founder Kellee Santiago, among other big-name creators, please use the #PSGC Twitter hashtag. We’ll be collating your queries during the event and will hand them to our compere – BBC and Eurogamer mainstay Johnny Minkley.

Take note: if you’re viewing this post on a mobile device or through the PlayStation Official App, please go to gamescom.eu.playstation.com to view the live stream.

And one more thing – keep half an eye on the PlayStation EU Twitter feed too. I’ll be posting live updates from Cologne during the show.

Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

66 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first

“To view this page ensure that Adobe Flash Player version 10.2.0 or greater is installed.”

Wow and we cant update our own PS3s browsers flash. We need a new browser so damn badly.

WHEN IS IT GONNA BE IN PS HOME!!!! CANT VIEW ON PS3 BROWSER!

DENIO_007 14 August, 2012 @ 5:01 pm   3

Hey Fred, will the stream be recorded and then put up here so we can watch it later? I won’t be able to check out the news till 9pm tonight and I’d much rather watch the conference than read the announcements on forums.

liamlangan 14 August, 2012 @ 5:02 pm   4

Is it gonna be repeated as tonight as id like to watch it as soon as I can, as I won’t be able to watch it till around 8:30 GMT

hitman_stephen 14 August, 2012 @ 5:02 pm   5

Thought i’d join the complaining, i wanted to watch this on my vita but yeh… you already know :(

I’m sure we are going to see Rockstars Agent. I don’t care I had to wait 6 years it’ll be worth it, just like the trophyroom in Home and the video stores that we didn’t got in 2010.

DENIO_007 14 August, 2012 @ 5:18 pm   7

@Fred: awesome! Thanks for the answer!

Mithos-SWE 14 August, 2012 @ 5:19 pm   8

Question not related to Gamescom, but its here people will be active.

How do I buyout a game I got for free through PS+, there is no purchase/buy button on the product anymore since I got it for free.

oliverbrodrick 14 August, 2012 @ 5:27 pm   9

so at 6pm bst this will be on here or do i need to refresh? and does that flash player matter fred?

Hellscovern 14 August, 2012 @ 5:28 pm   10

@mithos when you stop being a PS+ member then you have the option to buy it, if it’s free for PS+ members you don’t need that option because you will have access to it.

AshrafBot 14 August, 2012 @ 5:30 pm   11

Yes, just half an hour left. In the mean time I’ll be play KH:BBS.

charmoyl 14 August, 2012 @ 5:36 pm   12

Oooh, can’t wait. Hope the Vita gets some attention this time.

Kat.

Mithos-SWE 14 August, 2012 @ 5:37 pm   13

@Hellscovern – I disagree, there are plenty of good prices during summer sale, and I’d love if you could break some games away from the PS+ subscription and get to own them “forever” even without a subscription, and it depends on the price, so when I stop being PS+ member the prices will be “wrong” again. ;P

Flash? Thats iphone users out then!!!

Hoping for lots of Vita stuff. Please, please, please talk about Warrior’s Lair. The silence about the game is starting to worry me.

wanderly7 14 August, 2012 @ 5:46 pm   16

How come I need Adobe to watch it -_- I cant install Adobe on this

oliverbrodrick 14 August, 2012 @ 5:48 pm   17

thanks fred is there going to be gameplay of certain things eg far cry 3 at this conference fred?

Bacon_Crispies 14 August, 2012 @ 5:49 pm   18

You need to announce

-PS1 support for Vita launching today, or very soon with a date
-Crash for All Stars Brawl
-Some Vita games

-Remote play Vita, oh wait that got shown in E3 2011
-T@g,oh wait that got shown in e3 2011

see the red line,
lets make it bigger
VIDEO UNLIMITED EU,not only some bogus countries,
oh wait that got promissed as GAMESCOM 2009!!!!!

AshrafBot 14 August, 2012 @ 6:01 pm   20

Final FanTasy XIX

geddesmond2 14 August, 2012 @ 6:14 pm   21

Kids games great.

ryannumber3gamer 14 August, 2012 @ 6:15 pm   22

I got a question. How does this cross buy version work???

FFX-LIGHTNING 14 August, 2012 @ 6:15 pm   23

timewarp87 14 August, 2012 @ 6:24 pm   24

One thing I noticed is Vita has video out! – Will this be enabled for all of us, or was this just for demo purposes of showing the videos ?

Fred Dutton 14 August, 2012 @ 6:29 pm

If you’re watching the stream from the PlayStation Official App please open the URL gamescom.eu.playstation.com from your mobile browser. Only compatible with Android and iOS devices.

geddesmond2 14 August, 2012 @ 6:28 pm   25

Finally 1 decent game for the PSVita, KZ Mercenary but its still not enough for me to want to buy one.

Basket21 14 August, 2012 @ 6:29 pm   26

Did he really say just android ;x

No iOS ?

timewarp87 14 August, 2012 @ 6:37 pm   27

Sorry, lol, I meant the Vitas on stage are using video output to big screen.
Anyhow I’m drooling over Killzone Mercenary 8-P

oh WOW Red Dead Redemption for PLus?

A game I have played to death.

PLus sucks!

Very doubtful I’ll renew now :(

fusionhunter 14 August, 2012 @ 6:47 pm   29

Killzone on the Vita looks wack!

timewarp87 14 August, 2012 @ 6:47 pm   30

PS Plus is worth the money alone for cloud storage imho – thanks for the extra storage – will we be able to store photos and other stuff in it ?

Thats all for Vita till now:
CoD-no footage mehh, Assassin’s Creed, PS All-Star, LBP, NFS MW, Tearaway, KZ- yeah finally some footage, but it looks quite plain hope devs improve the graphic details, needs more shaders. I dont understand the converter of exchange for PS+ $49,99 = €49,99???

ToDeiMalcin 14 August, 2012 @ 6:59 pm   32

Dziękuję bardzo za możliwość obejrzenia wprost z konsoli PS3…:/

Basket21 14 August, 2012 @ 7:05 pm   33

Puppeteer looks soooooo freaking cool

Big___Mp5 14 August, 2012 @ 7:11 pm   34

not bad

MaikelSteneker 14 August, 2012 @ 7:12 pm   35

Very nice show! I think the E3 press conference was a bit underwhelming, especially on the Vita side, but I’m convinced PlayStation will do great in the coming year!

I was most exited about the Vita plug in for LBP2 and Until Dawn and Rain looked ok. But Dawn is a move game and I don’t like them.
I felt so disconnected from the Sony brand when they started about the whole mobile thing. And plus getting a awesome game real gamers already should have played was very sad. Overal very dispointing.
Still a lot of nice exclusives to play but I don’t think I will be a PS4 player anymore.

Edit my post CoD declassified showed a footage but still mehh, what year are we in?

silent_strike95 14 August, 2012 @ 7:15 pm   38

@pnov81
Of course PS+ is going to have games you’ve owned at some point, it’s just bad luck.
And think of it this way, they’re offering a game that, in the past, you’ve played to death and loved. Doesn’t that mean that PS+ is offering quality content?

ryannumber3gamer 14 August, 2012 @ 7:15 pm   39

Can we ask questions for the Q&A?? If so my questions is.

1. How does cross buy work?
2.Who do you want to play as the most in playstation all stars?
3.Will Black Ops Declassifed have zombies?
4.When will Sly thieves in time be coming out?
5.Will the Black Ops declassifed ps vita bundle come with a memory card?
6.Will Daxter & Clank be playable alone in playstation all stars?

Ryusennin 14 August, 2012 @ 7:15 pm   40

Worst convention of the year so far.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw Japan Studio, but of course expecting The Last Guardian was surrealistic.

abdirizak007 14 August, 2012 @ 7:15 pm   41

GTA V 5! i wANT

nukester 14 August, 2012 @ 7:16 pm   42

is cross buy DD only or will it be buy it from shop but both PS3/PSVITA copies in one box

Kaffikjelen 14 August, 2012 @ 7:16 pm   43

Where was QForce? And Declassified looked abominable graphics-wise, I really didn’t feel quite well watching it. What a horrible way to end an otherwise awesome conference.

Stonesthrow 14 August, 2012 @ 7:17 pm   44

Great show, this was better than E3 if it wasn’t for Last of us and Beyond. Killzone on Vita was OMG :p Cool new IP’s too. Excited to hear about the continuing cross platform play for ps3/vita and getting the game on both platforms for the price of one, now I won’t have to make difficult choices as to which version to get :p
Keep up the good work and keep on making us proud Playstation!

monoliet 14 August, 2012 @ 7:18 pm   45

lots beter then e3

+ free other version wen u buy game
new games
also using ps vita like controler = +
ps1 games playing
ps+ store data up = also nice

urgent need = more work to geting games on vita please + needed price drop
spelbook les bla bla

VitalogyPJ 14 August, 2012 @ 7:18 pm   46

I guess sony haven’t learned the lesson from E3 and keep wasting time with the wondercrap and move -.-

Seriously, who would want to play FIFA with the move…

This press conference should have been all about PSVita, not only those games we already knew were coming but about apps and specially REMOTE PLAY, still, once more, they made a conference about the move and insisting, like I said, with wondercrap.

And are you serious with the call of duty? I have ps1 games looking way better than that.

Only good thing I took out of this press conference was that they finally listened to consumers when it comes to buy one get both (ps3+psvita), because after earlier this year saying that Sly 4 had to be bought for ps3 and psvita it was clear that psvita version would not sell more than a few hundreds, speaking for myself I was gonna get it only for ps3 of course but now I can get both, that is IF I can get it retail version for ps3 and digital for vita because if I have to go digital for ps3 to get the vita version than I don’t care about the vita version, I want the retail for ps3.

Botton line, E3 was poor and gamescom was even worst. I wonder how TGS will be *sigh*

Stonesthrow 14 August, 2012 @ 7:18 pm   47

Ow yea, forget to mention Last guardian and Versus though, keep us in the loop guys..

ryannumber3gamer 14 August, 2012 @ 7:23 pm   48

WHAT!!?!? SLY’S BEEN DELAYED TILL 2013!?!?!? >:(

Stonesthrow 14 August, 2012 @ 7:24 pm   49

@42 Yea I hope they don’t force us to get the digital version to get that advantage, would be great to get both games in one box when buying physical copies.

nukester 14 August, 2012 @ 7:33 pm   50

i would prefer cross buy to be retail so it doesn’t take memory card space

Load all