Posted 15 August

Sound Shapes Arrives In Europe!

Hello Europe!

As Queasy Games‘ resident Scottish bloke, it feels particularly exciting to be writing a launch blog post for all my European chums, even though, er, I don’t know you all personally or anything. Yes, Sound Shapes is launching in Europe (oh, and Australia and New Zealand – can’t forget them), and there’s a big benefit for everyone who chooses to pick up Sound Shapes on PS3 or Vita today (15th August) for the asking price of €12.99/£9.99 (20% off for PS Plus members, and remember the title is cross play, so you get both copies for one price!). You see, there are already THOUSANDS of community levels available for you to play. It’s blowing our mind.

True story: we had no idea how the response would be when we released Sound Shapes in North America last week. In fact, when we discovered that a thousand levels had been created within the first day, Jon (Mak, the fine captain who helps steer the good ship Queasy with Shaw-Han Liem) revealed he didn’t think anyone was going to make ANY levels until well into the second week! The response has been not merely surprising but overwhelming. The quality of the levels we’ve seen is incredible, and they are all out there for you to play now.

If you’d like to get a glimpse of our community before you pick the game up, you can head along to our website, which features a full community section where you can see all of the levels that are being made (you can even directly link to levels you like, or have made yourself, for sharing on Twitter and Facebook and so on!) If you log in with your PSN account on the website, you can also queue up levels and they’ll appear in the front page of your community tab in game, so you can get to them right away!

If you’re looking for a selection of levels to queue up now (maybe while you wait for the game to download? That would be just lovely of you) let us help! First, the team here is actually making levels in their spare time: Jon himself is noodling around with the queasygames account, but you can also see levels by our lead artist Colin Mancer (the fellow behind the visuals of the Beyonder album) under monkeyface2009 (Pickled Beats Is a highlight), coder Andrew Carvalho is under nEmoGrinder and his level, Nightlife, has got a good response so far, and coder David Hill has stuck up a level too.

Of course, we maintain that the star of Sound Shapes is supposed to be you, so here’s a (small!) selection of levels made in the community that the team have really liked!

There are loads more! But that’s just to get you started, and hopefully inspire you to get to making your own levels. Remember: you can make levels and access our community on both PS3 and Vita and levels are shared, so you can play and create your levels on either console! We’ve made sure the game is at its best on both systems—the editor might use front and back-touch on the Vita, but we’ve made sure it works intuitively on PS3 too, so don’t be scared about not being able to get involved in the community if you only have a PS3. The game works great no matter what you own!

So, final recap, then: Sound Shapes. Out today. €12.99/£9.99. 20% off for PS Plus members for a limited time. You get both PS3 and PS Vita versions for one price. A full campaign mode and level editor. A Platinum Trophy. And thousands of community levels. Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

21 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

cal_uk-kun 15 August, 2012 @ 12:21 pm   1

Woop!

Sp excited to finally be able to play. The PS Store can’t update fast enough.

GhostViper 15 August, 2012 @ 12:24 pm   3

This is gonna be fun!

kurichan78 15 August, 2012 @ 12:27 pm   4

Finally, looking forward to this.

MikklePirate 15 August, 2012 @ 12:28 pm   5

So the Australian price for this….?

Very excited for this game, I have my wallet loaded with money in anticipation! Can’t wait to see in in motion on my Vita. This is why I wish the PS Store updated in the morning, I could be playing this already!

kurichan78 15 August, 2012 @ 12:30 pm   7

My excitement for this game is way higher than it should be. Good job sound shapes.

my_son_roo 15 August, 2012 @ 12:38 pm   8

Will Queasy Games be recommending user made levels?

kurichan78 15 August, 2012 @ 12:41 pm   9

@8 Did you read the post? Cause there were some listed there.

When does the ps store update because it is already nearly two in the afternoon here in Sweden and the game is now where to be found! Really looking forward to playing this game :)

YEAHHHHHHHHH :) is the best download game of the year, there so many positive reviews 9 and 10 how don’t expect to has already a thousand levels guys :) great jod. I can’t w8 for store update . Only one question please, you can save the levels who creates by community like LBP? you need to be online to play it ? (two questions :

NightRanma 15 August, 2012 @ 12:45 pm   12

Can’t wait. I wish PSN would update at around the same time as Xbox. Just tried their newest arcade game and I won’t be able to play Sound Shapes til tomorrow morning. :(

eftenpuften 15 August, 2012 @ 12:57 pm   13

when it will be avaible ? cant wait. pls reply to me

PerpetualMind 15 August, 2012 @ 1:07 pm   14

Feverishly checking PSN every 10 minutes or so…

DadusH777 15 August, 2012 @ 1:10 pm   15

Awseome! can’t wait to finally play this.

this game takes the social features of the vita to it’s finest.

Hareesun 15 August, 2012 @ 1:11 pm   16

Imagine if PSN actually released games at midnight. I wish they’d start announcing times if they’re always going to be different. Push us back a week, sure, but at least give us a time.

Never been more excited for a PSN game, I’ll wait up all night if I have to(in Australia). Hope it goes live soon though.

salad_lobster 15 August, 2012 @ 1:21 pm   18

Why isn’t it out yet!? been refreshing the store all day and still nothing…you are killing meeeee! :(

Really looking forward to this. Have some ideas for levels to make already. I just hope my lack of musical talent doesn’t struck me out completely:p If I can’t make anything good, I’m going to have fun playing whats in the game and community levels.

For those updating the store every 10 minutes. Probably no point. The store update post on the blog isn’t even up yet, and that usually comes up a few hours before the store updates.

Lee_and_Nomi 15 August, 2012 @ 1:44 pm   20

I’ve not been this hyped for a game in a long time. Is there any chance us Europeans are going to get the PS3 theme that the Americans got for pre ordering? Thanks

TonyTough 17 August, 2012 @ 5:06 pm   21

HEY EUROPE, Welcome to the party! Hope to see some great levels coming from across the pond. Great job (Great Britain) hosting the olympics by the way.

Enjoy my level! : Tony T’s Lost City (puzzle).

-Tony Tough (USA)