Posted 21 August

Summer Sale Update – Fourth And Final Week!

Summer Sale in PlayStation Store

Hello everybody,

Well we are into our final content refresh week for the Summer Sale which will update tomorrow (22/8/2012.) We don’t have as much content being added in as we did last week but there are more games in there that you, the PSN community, have requested.

I would like to say a big THANK YOU for all your suggestions for games and DLC to go on sale. Now, we couldn’t get all the deals requested but I am in discussions to get some of them for future sales. Also, due to so much DLC being requested, we are planning to do a DLC promotion in the future.

I have also added at the end of this blog post the deals which finish on the 22nd August, so get them before they are gone!

And don’t forget! We still have our 7 Deals of Summer promotion running with four-day deals on some great games. Here’s what we’ve had so far:

Deal 1 – FIFA 12*
Deal 2 – Ghost Recon Future Soldier™ *
Deal 3 – Dirt Showdown*
Deal 4 – Battlefield 3*
Deal 5 – Prototype 2*
Deal 6 – Spec Ops: The Line (on sale today!)
Deal 7 – 25th August to 28th August

*These deals have been and gone and are no longer discounted on the PlayStation Store

Summer Sale Content Refresh List

Trance Anthems Mix Pack
Was – €7.99/£6.49 Now – €3.99/£3.19

Ultra Mix Pack
Was – €7.99/£6.49 Now – €3.99/£3.19

Pussy Galore DLC
Was – €1.99/£1.59 Now – €0.99/£0.79

Hi-Tech World Campaign (Hyperballoid HD)
Was – €3.59/£2.99 Now – €2.49/£1.99

Maximo
Was – €9.99/£7.99 Now – €4.99/£3.99

Maximo vs Army of Zin
Was – €9.99/£7.99 Now – €4.99/£3.99

Operation Air Assault
Was – €6.99/£5.49 Now – €2.99/£2.39

Pacific Warriors 2: Dogfight!
Was – €4.99/£3.99 Now – €2.99/£2.39

minis

Ace Armstrong / Stellar Attack (Bundle Deal)
Was – €4.99/£3.99 Now – €1.99/£1.74

Age of Hammer Wars
Was – €3.99/£3.49 Now – €2.49/£1.99

Card Shark
Was – €1.99/£1.74 Now – €1.19/£0.99

Fighting Fantasy: Talisman / Warlock (Bundle Deal)
Was – €5.99/£4.99 Now – €2.49/£1.99

• Rayman Origins
  • Michael Jackson HD
  • Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
  • Asphalt injection
  • Metal Gear Solid

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

102 Comments 28 Author replies
Show oldest first

Carnivius_Prime 21 August, 2012 @ 3:05 pm   1

Half price on the Maximo PS2 games. That’ll do for me. Thanks sir!

would have thought there would be another sale next week, also was hoping to get syphon filter, resistance and a couple other SCE psp games for dirt cheap :(

Nice consistency over the listing of the DCUO DLC names – you’ve listed the 4 packs in 3 different ways! ;)

uncleniccius 21 August, 2012 @ 3:09 pm   4

How much is Spec Ops? :)

chrisboers 21 August, 2012 @ 3:10 pm   5

So, no word on a reduction for Super Stardust Delta (Vita) then? Too bad. I might actually get Cubixx HD, as I really enjoyed the demo back then. And the price is quite right, I think. (Ooh, and last chance on Metal Gear Solid!)

Panos_GRE 21 August, 2012 @ 3:10 pm   6

Do you know if there are plans to make the psp game “Pursuit Force Extreme Justice” PS Vita compatible?

Wow! I asked for a Persona Portable 3 discount and you delivered! Thanks! :D
Can’t wait to get into it, I’ve never played it before :3
May also have to get breath of fire 3….

deikondhevin 21 August, 2012 @ 3:12 pm   8

Hi! Just a couple of questions
1) Any chance of geting the Chrono Series on the import section?
2) Any news about crossbuy for Metal Gear HD?
3) ANy chance of a MGS: Portable Ops and/or Peace Walker discount?

Thanks! :)

Andy Stewart 21 August, 2012 @ 4:08 pm

Here are a couple of answers for you:

1) We will look into this and see what we can do
    2) No news yet, sorry
    3) Sadly no but I will keep trying to see what I can do.

Counter Strike GO tomorrow ?!?

Please say yes

Andy Stewart 21 August, 2012 @ 4:09 pm

Sadly I don’t know as I don’t deal with new releases, you will have to ask Jawad on his post tomorrow

ChemicalBacon90 21 August, 2012 @ 3:14 pm   10

About that potential DLC promotion in the future…I’d like to see some discounts for Mass Effect 2.
Thanks.

IGORNAZZI 21 August, 2012 @ 3:15 pm   11

I’m still waiting the SuperStarDustPortable FREE to PLUS Members! Where is it???

Andy Stewart 21 August, 2012 @ 4:10 pm

This is being looked into as I believe there was an issue with the blog post which had the incorrect information. Once I know exactly what is going on with this title I will let you know.

Psy-D-13 21 August, 2012 @ 3:17 pm   12

I might get God Hand.

razordude 21 August, 2012 @ 3:17 pm   13

Despite myself I picked up Mad Riders last week at 50% discount £3.99. Then on steam a few days later it was £2.70. Seriously, why can’t you get the same discounts on 3rd party stuff?

no trine 2… :( dame thats disappointing.

Spartan57 21 August, 2012 @ 3:19 pm   15

No Crash Bandicoot or parasite Eve 2 sale :(

MA76_666 21 August, 2012 @ 3:22 pm   16

spec ops 4 me
hoping mass effect 3 full game sale next week maybe with leviathan on 28aug its not a bad idea
thx Andy Bin Stewart ;)

Elbender93 21 August, 2012 @ 3:26 pm   17

Is the persona 2/3 bundle on sale too?

TheNudgeMan 21 August, 2012 @ 3:40 pm   18

Can anybody help me? I bought the Just Cause 2 Ultimate Edition last month on sale, but now when I try and play the game all of the DLC is missing from the Black Market. Anybody else experience this?

I have tried re-downloading it and it’s still not there. I haven’t changed accounts or anything, it’s literally just not there in-game.

What’s the deal?

MA76_666 21 August, 2012 @ 3:45 pm   19

@ TheNudgeMan 18

go to account management and look in your download list its should be there

We still haven’t got Super Stardust Portable free for plus users as promised weeks ago.

Has been a poor sale for DLC. Also not much that I saw requested got a price drop, and i’m guessing most that did was already planned anyways :p

I should read the full opening post before commenting lol, if there’s gonna be a DLC sale than hopefully it’ll have plenty of good stuff!

TheNudgeMan 21 August, 2012 @ 3:59 pm   22

@: MA76_666 (19)

Thanks for the fast reply. Unfortunately, that was the first thing I tried. I have re-downloaded and re-installed the DLC twice now and it’s still not there. It’s as if it’s been de-activated or something.

Is anyone else having similar problems or is it just me?

Andy Stewart 21 August, 2012 @ 4:15 pm

Have you contacted Customer Services and explained the problem to them?

Stonesthrow 21 August, 2012 @ 4:08 pm   23

Nothing I wanted or don’t already have. Getting used to that by now.

AaronSOLDIER 21 August, 2012 @ 4:10 pm   24

Just Fate/Extra for me.

Disappointed there was no GTA4CE sale

wackojackosnose 21 August, 2012 @ 4:16 pm   25

Can we hace Hard Corps Uprising on sale please?

Thanks!!

Bealinator 21 August, 2012 @ 4:17 pm   26

Andy,

A big THANK YOU for delivering on the Maximo discounts! I’ll definitely give #1 a download and give it a spin and if I like it (I probably will) then I’ll grab Army of Zin too for the distant future.

hitman_stephen 21 August, 2012 @ 4:17 pm   27

Been trying to resist all those psp rpg games that are Vita compatible but i think i might have to cave in, stock up on a few cheap rpg’s ready for when im out and about!

Bealinator 21 August, 2012 @ 4:17 pm   28

I just remembered,

Both Loco Roco 2 and Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice were not added to the Sales page, would it be possible to get this sorted tomorrow when this content is added?

Andy Stewart 21 August, 2012 @ 4:21 pm

I will raise this with the tech heads to get sorted but thanks for pointing this out

This sale was really disappointing for me, going to end without buying a single thing from it. A shame really since when it first started was hoping for some good deals, instead we got loads of games that had been on sale before instead of games that never showed up in a sale, also The Walking Dead 3€ discount is a joke compared to 50% of BTTF last year. No Trine 1 and 2, Journey, Limbo, Ferrari The Race Experience and so on, a lost opportunity for sure.

SuGaR_rAy_RiDeR 21 August, 2012 @ 4:23 pm   30

Good sale on the psp games, bit disapointed there is no VITA games :-( (ninja Gaiden sigma plus), and no sale on parasite eve 2, oh well roll on firmware update 1.8 and i can hopefully have all 5 tomb raider classics on it which i picked up in the sale.

Also don’t suppose you could do another vita sale in the next couple of months?

Andy Stewart 21 August, 2012 @ 4:29 pm

I am sure we will see some discounted Vita games in the run up to Christmas, if not before hand.

TheNudgeMan 21 August, 2012 @ 4:30 pm   31

@ Andy (18).

I’ll try that. I just wanted to throw it out there first to see if it is a widespread problem or not. I mean it was working fine, then when I turned it on today it had all just vanished.

Strange happenings on the PSN?

Andy Stewart 21 August, 2012 @ 5:02 pm

Yes this is very weird and hence why I ask to contact Customer Services so it is logged and properly investigated.

Cheers

Bealinator 21 August, 2012 @ 4:45 pm   32

Hey again, Andy. I’ll give you some suggestions for DLC to aim to get for this future sale:

1) Batman Arkham City. Every single pack discounted!

2) Mass Effect 3. The first ‘proper’ dlc pack on sale. The name eludes me at this time for some strange reason.

3) Assassins Creed Brotherhood and Revelations Single Player DLC.

4) Need for Speed Hot Pursuit. Everything (though the three gameplay packs on their own would be a nice catch)

5) Max Payne 3 Rockstar Pass. This is just a suggestion, but if Rockstar could agree to such a discount (unlikely) then a win-win for all.

6) Mafia 2, GTA IV, Red Faction, Saints Row 2 and 3 – all the dlc for these great games!

Quite a broad selection and hopefully among this ‘dream team’ I’ve compiled there’d be something for everyone.

And again, thank you very much for this sale. I’m waiting till the refresh tomorrow and then I’ll basically unload my PSN wallet on it.

Andy Stewart 21 August, 2012 @ 5:02 pm

Thanks Bealinator, as always a great list of content, all noted and lets hope I can get it.

belmont_gr 21 August, 2012 @ 4:48 pm   33

Hi Andy,

Do you have any update about the Greek characters in the Vita Keyboard that we spoke of some time ago?

About the sale I will get Alice, a game I was looking for, thanks!

As for the other games, for the fans of rpg games, I highly recommend Trails of the Sky for PSP. I played on my PSP but I have also tested it on Vita and works great. This game is one of the best jrpg games I have played recently with good story, easy battle system and very good localization.

Andy Stewart 21 August, 2012 @ 5:09 pm

Hey belmont_gr

I did send an email about the Greek keyboard so hopefully we will see something in the future but as you can imagine this will take time and there are no guarantees it will happen, however I have requested it.

abdirizak007 21 August, 2012 @ 4:50 pm   34

Loks Good. But i want GTA V 5! :(

So with the PS1 Vita functionality hitting next week (or at least it is supposed to be), what are the chances for some PS1 game slaes?
There are a bunch I would love to pick up for the occasion.

NavySeal74 21 August, 2012 @ 5:23 pm   36

Any news on store being fixed, cant see most of the ps plus items.
Like themes or dlc.

Raziel-chan 21 August, 2012 @ 5:28 pm   37

Not bad.

Any news on when is actually Urban Chaos going to be available? Was listed in the previous update, but it’s still not in the store for me.

cya
Raziel-chan

pranaynewton 21 August, 2012 @ 5:28 pm   38

Hi Andy,

Any chance Ghost Recon Future Soldier could be put up on sale again? I swear I purchased it on Aug 8th to download it later. It went to the download page but now I realize that it didn’t get added to my cart.

Any help in this regard?

Cheers

Pranay

Great update Andy! I’d also like to register my interest in the Chrono Series making it to PSOne Imports and perhaps Xenogears too. I’ve hoarded loads of PSOne classics for my Vita these past few months and I’d love to have those titles!

Thanks,

Michael

@Andy

They asked last week and he said that he has no info :(

Like WTF ?!

Game is coming tommorow worldwide on pc,x360,ps3,mac(stated by Valve) and SCEE knows nothing about it….

This is bad, really bad… :(

Not another Trine2, Walking Dad,Choplifter…….

NavySeal74 21 August, 2012 @ 5:41 pm   41

Any chance of more ps2 games added.
Like the getaway or this is football series.

cheers

PuziMauws 21 August, 2012 @ 5:51 pm   42

Hi Andy,

Please add WipeEout 2048 to the sale.

Also tried to contact EA and Namco regarding NHL07 (PSP) + MotoGP (PSP) to get them on PSN so we can use them on the Vita. Sadly no replies, do you perhaps have a better address to get into contact with them?

Thanks!

Maybe on the 28th you’ll reduce a Vita game, say, Mortal Kombat, or Gravity Rush?

Here’s hoping :)

jingdeking 21 August, 2012 @ 6:22 pm   44

I can’t wait for tomorrow. Will Counter Strike Global Offence be in it? It says the release day is today but I didn’t see it on PSN. And also if yes then when will the game be available?

thanks.

nakano1987 21 August, 2012 @ 6:57 pm   45

Hi Andy! Do you have any official news regarding to the matter with Super Stardust HD Cosmic Bundle (advertised here: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/08/08/celebrate-super-stardust-hds-5th-anniversary-with-stellar-savings/)? If people bought the complete edition from EU store, will they receive the Impact Mode voucher later on as the US customers (https://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/08/super-stardust-hd-turns-five-celebrate-with-a-stellar-sale/)?

Nothing interesting this time in summer sale (except just maybe Cubixx HD).

Battlefield 3 back to karkand would be nice to have in the dlc sale.

bluej1975 21 August, 2012 @ 7:18 pm   47

Goldeneye Reloaded worth a punt @ £15.

May have missed this on an earlier post but when does the 1gb cloud storage and ps+ discount kick in?

BluSpykz 21 August, 2012 @ 7:23 pm   48

Great. Some good stuff here.

I’d like to see Res Evil: ORC DLC on discount soon though. Paying so much for DLC that should’ve been on the disk isn’t really appealing to me. (or most people, I reckon).

chrisandsheva 21 August, 2012 @ 7:43 pm   49

@ Andy, or anyone.
Why do a lot of people allways compare Steam games prices to psn ?.. Am i missing something here, i mean is there some way to make pc games/dlc work on a ps3, it is pc only from Steam, isn’t it (?), though i have seen offers were If you buy something or other on ps3 (disc) you get the steam one as well (free), i am just confused everytime i read Steam comparisons, i know in general, ‘most’ pc games, even the supposed big-hitters are usually around a tenner cheaper than console versions, i allways believed it was like this because basically, your buying a game that runs/performs only as well as your pc’s specs permit, though am prob wrong, But what i do know is that sony sell ps3s at a Loss, and ‘hope’ to make any profits from games sales, other services etc, So IF i have been missing out, ie i Can buy from Steam and play/earn trophies, go online with m8s (using ps3) Please tell me.

thereal_brandon 21 August, 2012 @ 7:58 pm   50

No free full games for non ps plus users

Load all