Posted 1:00pm

Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Game Of The Year Edition Release Date

Greetings PS Bloggers. We’ve very happy to announce the release date of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Game of the Year Edition as 19th September 2012. Developed exclusively for PlayStation 3 by Naughty Dog, the Game of the Year Edition combines Nathan Drake’s third critically acclaimed adventure, with additional pieces of multiplayer DLC, handpicked by the team for the release.

PS3_2D_PackShot

A quick recap for newcomers: Drake’s third adventure catapults our hardy adventurer headlong into a dangerous search for the fabled “Atlantis of the Sands”, taking in the mean streets of London, a burning French chateau and the heart of the Arabian Desert. It’s a journey that pits him and his mentor Victor Sullivan against the occult treachery of a shadowy clandestine organisation and its ruthless leader, Katherine Marlowe.

When the terrible secrets of this lost city are unearthed, Drake’s quest descends into a desperate bid for survival that strains the limits of his endurance and forces him to confront his deepest fears.

The Game of the Year edition packs in the following DLC expansions:

Classic Skins Packs 1 – 3
25 different skins for Uncharted 3 multiplayer, including fan favourites such as Nathan Drake as he appears in the original Drake’s Fortune, or Winter Drake as he appears in Tibet during Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

Flashback Map Packs 1 and 2
Includes eight maps that bring reworked, improved environments from Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves into UC3′s multiplayer.

Drake’s Deception Map Pack
Four new multiplayer maps: The Graveyard, Old Quarter, London Streets, and Oasis – each incorporating its own dynamic events.

Fort Co-Op Adventure
Additional content for the co-op adventure online game mode, Fort takes players on a journey through the fortress first seen in Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune to seek out Nathan Drake.

Co-Op Shade Survival
Take on wave after wave of some of the toughest enemies from the series – the fiery Djinn. This co-op game mode provides a sturdy multiplayer challenge with handsome rewards.

Doughnut Skin Pack
If you’ve ever wondered what Sully would look like if he really let himself go, this is the skin pack for you. Five characters from the franchise are depicted in larger-than-life form…

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

24 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

Carnivius_Prime 21 August, 2012 @ 1:06 pm   1

Any news on Uncharted 3 on PSN? I fear my disc is getting a bit worn from overuse (it’s very rarely out of the Blu Ray drive) and I tend to prefer everything as a download these days.

Phil Lynch 21 August, 2012 @ 2:31 pm

Hi Carnivius_Prime,

Thankfully Blu-ray disks are pretty sturdy.

We’ve had a lot of community requests for Uncharted 3 as a downloadable title.

There’s nothing confirmed at the moment, but keep an eye on the blog for a future update.

European_Gamer 21 August, 2012 @ 1:07 pm   2

Many good things, but don’t you think most gamers of the who want Uncharted 3 already has it?

Phil Lynch 21 August, 2012 @ 2:37 pm

Hi European_Gamer,

You’re right, however I think EVERY gamer should have it!

Plus there are new people buying PS3s all the time and this is a great way for them to get one of the best ever PS3 games along with some great DLC included.

potential91 21 August, 2012 @ 1:08 pm   3

This is a great release considering UC2 Game of the year never released in the UK back when people played it. Enjoy a great game with a ton of great DLC for a great price :)

Is the DLC on disc or codes? Thanks.

Was waiting for this release! Thanks!

tapantaola 21 August, 2012 @ 1:19 pm   6

Price?

#1: If you mean the complete game, then it’s on there already. If you’re talking about a standalone MP, then I believe Naughty Dog said they have no plans for that at the moment.

its an amazing game, i bought it and after lvl 7 the ring just kept spinning and after a little research i found out that many players have the same problem and there is a 26 page on the official game forum which details this issue but no reply from ND , i got the game on shelf and its on my list to play ONLY WHEN IT’S COME TO PSN Digital format

2# Probably not. Games sell for years and Uncharted 3 will most likely gain a boost from this.

fauxtronic 21 August, 2012 @ 1:53 pm   11

Yeah, a lot of people specifically wait for GOTY editions. I’m considering doing that with The Last of Us.

killah_fury 21 August, 2012 @ 1:54 pm   12

@ #7 – Uncharted 3 isn’t on PSN yet. Only Uncharted 1 and 2 are. I don’t have the game yet but would like to buy the download version. Please make it available Sony!

Grave_uk 21 August, 2012 @ 2:03 pm   13

Really thanks for game of the year edition for Uncharted 3, was waiting for it to come out, to see Drake’s new adventures, gonna get it for sure.

But why you didn’t release Uncharted 2 Game of the year edition for Europe?

Carnivius_Prime 21 August, 2012 @ 3:08 pm   14

Thanks for the reply, Phil though I have had a couple of Blu Rays go wonky presumably from overuse and now my Uncharted 3 is taking longer to load than it used to (and on some rare occasions doesn’t load at all). I play the multiplayer on it more than any other game I’ve ever owned so that disc is often spinning around here for a while. Doubt it’s the Blu Ray drive itself as this is a recent PS3 Slim I bought back in December to ‘upgrade’ from my old PS3 and the few times I’ve run other discs in it they’ve played flawlessly. Anyways even ignoring all that I’d still much prefer a downloadable version of Uncharted 3. :D

If you said this edition was £15 like the platinum versions usually release for I would buy this in a instant. But I guess as this is £25 I will wait awhile for it to go down.

I could always get the normal edition but I dont really want to go through all the patches updates/patches

I bought it day one. Great SP game but I didn’t like the MP game. It doesn’t fit. I know most people love it but I don’t and I’m not going to pay for it ever again. So for Last of Us I will wait for a discount in the shops so I don’t feel I buy something I don’t want or going to use. I wish they would split these games up into SP and MP so I can buy what I want.

SzaryFox_PL 21 August, 2012 @ 4:06 pm   17

Are there any plans to release this version in Poland ??

Stonesthrow 21 August, 2012 @ 4:14 pm   18

Whoever hasn’t got this game yet should smack theirselves in the head. And now they definitely don’t have an excuse.

residentSteve 21 August, 2012 @ 6:08 pm   19

Come on nd I still would love to see doughnut versions of chloe and elena.

WrestleBlog 21 August, 2012 @ 8:47 pm   20

Still waiting for an official confirmation for if the spinning ring of death glitch has been patched.

SergioDaly 21 August, 2012 @ 9:40 pm   21

big fan of this franchise. didn’t get this yet because of huge backlog, this GOTY comes in the right time for me… AWESOME stuff…

Gabypotter 2 September, 2012 @ 12:59 am   22

price?…
please!
$19.99?
$29.99?
$39.99?
$49.99?
$59.99?

Hi, The translation to American Spanish was horrible, so… any chance this GOTYE will include the European Spanish translation for the American release?

How much is it?