Posted 8:22pm

PS Vita System Software Update (v1.80) – The Full PSone Classics Line-up

As most of you know, we are releasing a pretty hefty System Software Update (v1.80) for PlayStation Vita tomorrow, which will enhance your experience and also allow you to play PSone Classics on your device.

Before the update becomes available, we wanted to take the opportunity to walk you through some of the highlighted changes and give you a sneak preview of what you can expect.

PSone Classics

With the System Software Update (v1.80), a large number of your favorite PSone Classics titles will be available for download directly on your PS Vita via PlayStation Store to complement the great range of PSP and minis games already available for PS Vita to enhance the ultimate digital games line-up.

Here is a list of PSone Classics titles that will be available for download on 29th August:

Cool Boarders SCEE
Rally Cross SCEE
Syphon Filter SCEE
Syphon Filter 3 SCEE
Twisted Metal SCEE
Wild Arms SCEE
WipEout SCEE
40 Wink ATARI EUROPE S.A.S.U.
A Bug’s Life DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
A Bugs Life and Monsters Inc bundle DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus Oddworld Inhabitants, Inc.
Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee Oddworld Inhabitants, Inc.
Airboat XS GAMES LIMITED
All-Star Boxing MIDAS INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD
Arc Arena: Monster Tournament MONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
Arc the Lad MONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
Arc the Lad II MONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
Arc the Lad III MONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
Arcade Hits: Shienryu MONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
Arcade Hits: Sonic Wings Special MONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
Atari Anniversary Edition ATARI EUROPE S.A.S.U.
Atlantis DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Atlantis and Hercules Bundle DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Bishi Bashi Special KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT GMBH
Blockids MONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain SQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Bugriders ATARI EUROPE S.A.S.U.
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Centipede ATARI EUROPE S.A.S.U.
Cho Aniki MONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
Constructor SYSTEM 3 SOFTWARE
Critical Depth ATARI EUROPE S.A.S.U.
Dezaemon Plus MONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
Disney’s Action Game ft. Hercules DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Dodgeball MIDAS INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD
Driver UBISOFT ENTERTAINMENT SA
Eagle One: Harrier Attack ATARI EUROPE S.A.S.U.
Fear Effect SQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Fear Effect: Retro Helix SQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Fighting Force SQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Fighting Force 2 SQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Final Fantasy VIII SQUARE ENIX (2009) LIMITED
Final Fantasy IX SQUARE ENIX (2009) LIMITED
Final Fantasy V SQUARE ENIX (2009) LIMITED
Final Fantasy VI SQUARE ENIX (2009) LIMITED
Final Fantasy VII SQUARE ENIX (2009) LIMITED
Front Mission 3 SQUARE ENIX (2009) LIMITED
Gaiaseed MONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
Galaxy Fight MONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
Gex SQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Gex 3: Deep Under Cover SQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Gex 3D: Enter the Gecko SQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Grandia GAME ARTS CO., LTD.
Gubble MIDAS INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD
Guilty Gear SYSTEM 3 SOFTWARE
Gunship ATARI EUROPE S.A.S.U.
Hardcore 4X4 URBANSCAN LIMITED
International Track & Field KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT GMBH
Jigsaw Madness XS GAMES LIMITED
Judge Dredd URBANSCAN LIMITED
Junior League Soccer PS1 XS GAMES LIMITED
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver SQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Lilo & Stitch DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Little Mermaid 2 DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Little Mermaid 2 and Winnie The Pooh bundle DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Metal Gear Solid KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT GMBH
Mickey’s Wild Adventure DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Miracle Quad Racer MIDAS INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD
Miracle Space Race MIDAS INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD
Missile Command ATARI EUROPE S.A.S.U.
Monsters Inc DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Motorhead URBANSCAN LIMITED
N20 URBANSCAN LIMITED
Namco Heritage bundle NAMCO BANDAI GAMES EUROPE S.A.S.
Pandemonium SQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Pandemonium 2 SQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Parasite Eve 2 SQUARE ENIX (2009) LIMITED
Peter Pan DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Pong ATARI EUROPE S.A.S.U.
Pooh’s Party Game DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Rageball MIDAS INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD
Rainbow Six UBISOFT ENTERTAINMENT SA
Rascal Racers MIDAS INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD
Rayman UBISOFT ENTERTAINMENT SA
Rayman 2: The Great Escape UBISOFT ENTERTAINMENT SA
Reel Fishing NATSUME INC.
Re-loaded URBANSCAN LIMITED
Resident Evil 2 CE EUROPE LIMITED
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis CE EUROPE LIMITED
Resident Evil: Director’s Cut CE EUROPE LIMITED
Ridge Racer Type 4 NAMCO BANDAI GAMES EUROPE S.A.S.
Sheep EMPIRE INTERACTIVE EUROPE LTD
Silent Hill KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT GMBH
Snowboard Racer MIDAS INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD
Sorcerer’s Maze XS GAMES LIMITED
Spin Jam EMPIRE INTERACTIVE EUROPE LTD
Sports Superbike MIDAS INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT LTD
Streak ATARI EUROPE S.A.S.U.
Street Fighter 2 Alpha CE EUROPE LIMITED
Super Star Dance Club XS GAMES LIMITED
Tarzan DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Tekken NAMCO BANDAI GAMES EUROPE S.A.S.
Tekken 2 NAMCO BANDAI GAMES EUROPE S.A.S.
Tomb Raider SQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation SQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Tomb Raider Chronicles SQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Tomb Raider 2 SQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Tomb Raider 3 SQUARE ENIX LIMITED
Toy Story 2 DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Toy Story Racer DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Toy Story Racer and Toy Story 2: Woody and Buzz bundle DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS, INC.
Vagrant Story SQUARE ENIX (2009) LIMITED
Alundra MONKEY PAW GAMES INC.
Urban Chaos SQUARE ENIX LIMITED

For those of you who have already purchased these titles, you will be able to re-download those games directly from your PS Store account or transfer them to your PS Vita directly from your PS3.

I hope you enjoyed the video. For any additional information on PS Vita System Software Update v1.80, please visit this link when the update goes live.

As always, we appreciate and look forward to your feedback questions below.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

266 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

adaggerthrough 28 August, 2012 @ 2:50 am   1

Bishi Bashi Special! That’s all I wanted. Sorted.

Thank you so much PlayStation Blog EU! I was scared by the US blog having a grand total of 9 games but THIS is what I wanted to see. It’s a great time to be a Vita owner.

Andrefpvs 28 August, 2012 @ 2:51 am   3

SCEE > SCEA in Vita support. Thanks for caring.

YAHOO!!

NightRanma 28 August, 2012 @ 2:52 am   5

This is the best news. I was pretty mad when I saw America’s list of available games. This is probably the first time in the history of… EVER that it’s been good to be under Playstation Europe’s domain.

Great job guys.

I’m not seeing any missing games, but if there are, it’s certainly not many of them. Every game I own is on that list. Good show Sony. Not usually this pleased.

Will we have to redownload install files for PS1 games? I still have all my original install bubbles, and Final Fantasy games are big.

almighty-slayer 28 August, 2012 @ 2:55 am   8

feels good to be under SCEE right now. Great work guys :) much better than that pitiful SCEA list

Dark666North 28 August, 2012 @ 2:59 am   9

no html5 update in browser?

Overlordkain 28 August, 2012 @ 2:59 am   10

This list is actually much more than I imagined it would be upon initial release. Brilliant Job

FortyPercent 28 August, 2012 @ 3:01 am   11

Nice one. You say these’ll be on the Vita store tomorrow, but will they be downloadable immediately once we have v1.80 if we already own them? Regardless, very glad to see this update. Keep up the good work.

All stuff it should have done at launch but finally these are added. Could still do with a better browser with html5 support though.

NightRanma 28 August, 2012 @ 3:03 am   13

Uhh. So I’ve downloaded the 1.80 update. I had what I thought were uninstalled PSOne games on my PS3. But I go into content manager and it finds nothing. I’m gonna download a game again quickly to check. :(

SoundableObject 28 August, 2012 @ 3:04 am   14

Out of the games I currently own, I can only find one not available on there. That game is Sim City 2000. Sim City 2000 turned out to be rubbish.

Bravo. Can finally have my favourite game (Metal Gear Solid) on my favourite console. Not sure which other games I’ll port over. Maybe Final Fantasy VII as I haven’t even got off disc 1 yet.

sympozium_666 28 August, 2012 @ 3:05 am   15

Handy if some of the Square games (Eidos) are still on sale. I’m sure I’m late though

andrewsqual 28 August, 2012 @ 3:08 am   16

DOWNLOADING RIGHT NOW.

Awesome! Now i just need Chrono Trigger, Cross and Castlevania, and maybe Dino Crisis.

Just kidding, still i hope someday i see Castlevania at least =)

I updated my vita but cant find a way to download the games, not even from the download list.

Anyone can help me?

alimik95 28 August, 2012 @ 3:19 am   19

So is it going to be relesed today the 28th or tomorrow 29th??

Runeologic 28 August, 2012 @ 3:29 am   20

Got the update, good… only thing I can do with it at the moment is use the browser…

LBP2 doesn’t have the update for cross controler yet and PSOne games are now not being released till wednesday…disapointed.

Massacre2011 28 August, 2012 @ 4:13 am   21

If you already own the games do you have to re-download them? Or do we have to re-buy the PS Vita compatible version?

andrewsqual 28 August, 2012 @ 4:43 am   22

Guys I can confirm right now that the PS1 games are available to copy over right now from your PS3 to your Vita. You have to make sure you have your games in “Installable” form. What I mean is, normally when you download something from the PS Store, you have to install it first. Well you have to keep your PS1 games in this form on your PS3 in order for the Vita to see them and then copy them over to Vita.
Playing the 60hz version of Resident Evil 2 right now on my Vita.

Enkei-Xpress 28 August, 2012 @ 4:45 am   23

Thanks for improving the browser in speed & functionality.. It’s much more of a pleasure to use now :)

Silent_Gig 28 August, 2012 @ 4:51 am   24

Come on guys its not rocket science, we have the update now and when the normal Playstation Store updates on Wednesday afternoon the vita store will have a option for your PS1 titles.

Stonesthrow 28 August, 2012 @ 5:12 am   25

This is great! Is there any chance we’ll get to copy ps3 savedata and other content via vita at some point? I love the stylish and userfriendly copy and paste system from the xmb on psp. This worked for all my savedata, downloaded trailers, photos, etc. On the vita however, I can’t do any of this. I always have to get my old psp from out of its box and recharge it to copy that content. And with the vita savedata being stored on the actual gamecard, there seems to be no way to back that up individually either. I always like to have a backup just in case. It’ll have to be the psp for now.

Nomembrane 28 August, 2012 @ 5:21 am   26

Any chance we will see Spyro series pop up on PSN store for Vita or PS3?

Awesome, but I can’t chage to disc 2 on Metal Gear Sold… I need help.

StrykerINF_1_23 28 August, 2012 @ 5:52 am   28

I swear some of you people are so goddamn lazy. Quit asking stupid questions that you can find out out yourself if you would just turn on your damn Vitas and PC or PS3! As of right now the PS1 option is not on the store. You must have the PS1 games downloaded to your Game section of your PS3, but not necessarily installed. You do not need to rebuy the games, how stupid would that be?? Come on people, you guys are grownups, no need to ask for someone to hold your hand through the download process. LPCHAZY, press the Vita screen to use it like the PS button on the DualShock 3, there you should have the switch disc option. Also, alot of the same games on Europe list are also available on the NA one, they just aren’t listed. Just try for yourself, its not that hard if you already own the games!

tajewhamma 28 August, 2012 @ 5:53 am   29

einhander needs to be added to this list!!!! one of m all time favorite scroller shooters

Silent_Gig 28 August, 2012 @ 6:04 am   30

Just discovered you can take screenshots of PS1 games OMG

Great update for the vita! And good work SCEE giving us a far bigger list then the US. However you owe us after still no CS GO!

The link to download ps1 ganes on the fita store isnt there yet however you can download them and copy them frok your ps3. For anyone who has ps1 games on their ps3, you will need to redownload them so you have the install file bubble on your ps3, not the actual game already installed. You are then able to copy them all across. I have about 20 ps1 games from ps plus that I just redownloaded on the ps3 and copied to my vita! Can’t wait to replay the classics like crash etc.

Also when is spyro coming to the aus/eu psn!? Want to play those games on my vita so bad, bring back so many good memories as a kid.

postalsam 28 August, 2012 @ 6:18 am   32

How about letting us play PS3 games via remote play, we know it can be done via “other” methods, give us a legit way to do it

I would like to know if the New Zealand PSN Store will be getting Vagrant Story to download? I really want to play it on my Vita! Also if Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross could get into the Imported PS1 Classics as well I’d be really really happy :)

Please make this happen Sony!

Also how do you create a PS1 memory card on the Vita?

AoNekoAmaru 28 August, 2012 @ 6:31 am   34

Nice update, I am looking forward to playing PSOne classics on the PS Vita, even if I would have loved for the PS Vita to support video-out and DualShok 3 controllers (useful for one or two players), like the PSP Go does, for this same purpose.

Talking of updates, it being my birthday today I am reminded that, of all my PSPs and the PS Vita, my PSP Go seems to still be the only console to wish me a Happy Birthday on such occasions. Surely it wouldn’t be too hard for the PS Vita to store the registered birthday of the associated SEN account for the same kind of greetings and it would help making it feel a bit more personal. ;3

eshieldx 28 August, 2012 @ 6:34 am   35

A-a-a-a-a, buying right now FF7-8-9!!! but where is Chrono Cross, Legend of Dragoons and Xenogears?!

SERGEANT-Q6R 28 August, 2012 @ 6:38 am   36

thanks PSOne games

Cpt_Yanni 28 August, 2012 @ 6:38 am   37

Next: Remote Play support for PS3-titles. This would make my Vita THE best machine ever!

SERGEANT-Q6R 28 August, 2012 @ 6:40 am   38

Amazing update

cat-charlie 28 August, 2012 @ 6:48 am   39

Thanks for this awesome update! I can’t wait to be playing my PS1 classics on my Vita!!

Now, you asked for feedback…
Change the way that you transfer content onto the Vita!!! This is the one major thing that is bugging me (that I can think of).

Please change it so that you don’t have to have the installer to copy, you can just copy it from the installed game!! I have over 200 PS1/Mini’s/PSP games on my PS3 I’m not going to keep the installers for these on my PS3 because they sit above the installed games, If I could put them into folders that would be fine, but I can’t. Change it back to how it was please!!

And “Drag and drop” content onto the Vita would be better than the content manager!

Thanks.

orzelek69_PL 28 August, 2012 @ 6:59 am   40

why not add function like copy & paste to the web browser ? :(

caomhanach 28 August, 2012 @ 6:59 am   41

Grand update. Kind of feel that PS1 compatibility should have been included at launch. What about remote play features announced at E3? Want to play Ico and SOTC on Vita!

gashumonsata 28 August, 2012 @ 7:04 am   42

40 Winks! YES! Oh my lordy I miss that game so bad. Shame there is no Spyro, but the rest of the games totally make up for this!

Very impressive list :)

Not complaining – at all! – but I hope we will see Wipeout 2097 and Wipeout 3 soon after :D

Gamesgbkiller 28 August, 2012 @ 7:17 am   44

how i can play LBP2 on VITA ?

ShiroiKumaTaka 28 August, 2012 @ 7:24 am   45

Sweet :) now I can play all the PSOne games that have been sitting on my ps3 awaiting this day :) just hope syndicate wars gets added to the list in the future :)

Nintendo3ds2 28 August, 2012 @ 7:28 am   46

Rochala you can’t play PSone games yet until tommorow except you can transfer Psone games from PS3 system to PS Vita system.

vaders-fist501 28 August, 2012 @ 7:30 am   47

Does final fantasy 7 have trophy support?
Love the update by the way : )

AlexAtkinUK 28 August, 2012 @ 7:32 am   48

Bummer, the only PSone game I have is James Pond 2: Robocod and its not on the list.

Still I feared this list was going to be REALLY short, so very pleased that its better than I expected even if I do not own of the games.

Can we have the Burnout Legends and Burnout Dominator PSP games made compatible now please? Those I DO own and I’m really annoyed I still can only play them on the super thumb cramping PSP.

vaders-fist501 28 August, 2012 @ 7:34 am   49

Does final fantasy 7 have trophy support?
Love the update by the way ; )

Carmanen 28 August, 2012 @ 7:41 am   50

This is awesome, pretty much every PS1 classic is in that list! But i’m somewhat disappointed that i can’t download them today (i already have about 20 classics) and i still need to wait for tomorrow. But, it’s my birthday tomorrow, so this fits quite well for that:) Also i have one important question: is all future upcoming PSone classics going to be available on Vita right away?

Load all