Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 12:30pm

New One Piece: Pirate Warriors Footage Sails In, Grand Treasure Hunt Announced

OnePiece art

Ahoy there, warriors of the seas! Luffy and the Strawhats are on their way to kick some serious pirate butt on 21st September in One Piece: Pirate Warriors!

Unfamiliar with the title? It’s an exhilarating action game that lets you play with the whole Strawhat crew, as well as extra guests, and faithfully experience the grand One Piece story. It’s also the first game based on the One Piece anime series to be released on PlayStation 3.

The huge story mode can be enjoyed solo or you can play co-op with a friend using the PlayStation Network. You’ll battle your way through hordes of marines and pirates and fight mighty bosses pulled straight from the anime series. When not battling, you’ll visit beautiful and exotic islands looking for 100 special coins to power up your stats and get new awesome and effective abilities.

Get a taste of One Piece: Pirate Warriors with this new video showing the confrontation between Zoro and Mihawk. The action takes place in Baratie and shows a fight between the two best swordsmen from the One Piece universe. Zoro, who is a member of the Strawhat crew, has an opportunity to fight Dracule “Hawk-Eyes” Mihawk, who is the current holder of the title, “Greatest Swordsman in the World”. Who will win?

I’m sure you’re looking forward to the game as much as we are, so to make the wait more fun today we’re launching an awesome treasure hunt with an amazing trip to Japan for the winning pirate!

In addition, copies of the game, DLC, figurines and other glittering prizes are also hidden along the way, waiting to be collected every day through quizzes related to One Piece: Pirate Warriors. It’s happening now over at www.OnePiece-Game.com! Gum Gum PS3!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

18 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Thx,nice news :)

Specmajster 29 August, 2012 @ 12:36 pm   2

When will the PSN store update announcement be up?

orzelek69_PL 29 August, 2012 @ 12:40 pm   3

@Specmajster
about 1 hour I think

Specmajster 29 August, 2012 @ 12:44 pm   4

Counter-Strike better be on it :P

bushdoctor777 29 August, 2012 @ 12:51 pm   5

Yeah i can’t wait for the PS Store update so i can download some PSone classics!!

VictorAnalogy 29 August, 2012 @ 12:52 pm   6

Doesn’t inspire much confidence when the trailer for the game makes combat look hit and miss.

Like the anime styling and all, but think I’ll be giving this one a miss.

Jamesyp00 29 August, 2012 @ 1:00 pm   7

What arcs does this game cover?

orzelek69_PL 29 August, 2012 @ 1:00 pm   8

oh sorry Head’s up be there in ~30 min, Store update is usually at 4 PM GMT

Chunker76 29 August, 2012 @ 1:05 pm   9

So this is 100% discount for plus subscribers right?

@Victor…..Agreed, if its not free then I will just wait till Tekken Tag 2 out near end of September

@Bush…..Are you wanting the PSone for the Vita? If so, then I can say that they look damn good (MGS and Resi 1) but unfortunately don’t utilise the full screen, roughly about PSP size, although MGS does now use the rear touch screen.

Japanease audio and english subtitles, I love this!

dogwalker4000 29 August, 2012 @ 1:13 pm   11

I dunno about the hit and miss combat but the guy in the main picture is enough to put me off, his mouth takes up most of his face :O

CoolRichy008UK 29 August, 2012 @ 1:29 pm   12

dogwalker4000 that picture of the guy with the big mouth reminds me of people i used to know in school they was all mouth and no brain lol

actually the guy looks like he stepped out of the Too Much Coffee Man comics

I suspect the game will be odd, weird and a bit surreal typical of Namco releases

now back to my coffee

TheKillerSnowman 29 August, 2012 @ 2:04 pm   14

this game is not for me. i only play Horror games.

MavSkipper 29 August, 2012 @ 2:29 pm   15

Already got the game pre-ordered on Amazon even though I’m short on money. :D

Big fan of the series. Been following it since 2001!!

I can’t wait for this game. But where can i get the Collectors edition. also you can pre order the game from zavvi for £29 i think :)

RemyX-1988 29 August, 2012 @ 10:22 pm   17

As a big fan of the “Dynasty Warriors” series, from which this game is a spin-off, I will certainly be buying this game. However, I have no past with the One Piece anime, since I don’t watch anime.

So, much like with “Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage,” the game will be my first experience with the source material.

Even so, I am so glad we’re getting this on Blu-ray Disc instead of download-only like North America. I’ll gladly pay €59,99 for a boxed copy! :D

Thank you Namco Bandai! You will see my money soon enough! =)

RED_NECK_420 21 September, 2012 @ 7:45 pm   18

wen is this game going to be released please let me no asap thank you