Posted 4:15pm

God of War: Ascension – Release Date Confirmed, Special Editions Detailed

SP04

We are pleased to announce today that God of War: Ascension will release on the following dates:

UK & Ireland: 15th March 2013
Australia & New Zealand: 14th March 2013
Rest of Europe/PAL: 13th March 2013

Available at launch we will have both a Special Edition and Collector’s Edition, as well as the standard edition.

The Collector’s Edition features the ultimate GoW collectible, a 8″ Kratos figurine. Packaged in a premium steel book game case, the set will also include the official game soundtrack (digital version), a PS3 dynamic theme and avatar pack, a double XP bonus for multiplayer (more info on this soon) and a DLC pass to unlock all future DLC for the game at no additional cost (more info on this soon too).

God Of War: Ascension sees the debut of multiplayer to the series and the dev team are working very hard to create a truly fantastic experience. If you want to have the edge against your friends as you all face off on the battlefield online, the multiplayer double XP and DLC pass could be the tools to help you rise to the top.

SP02

The Special Edition will feature a premium steelbook game case, the official game soundtrack (digital version), PS3 dynamic theme and avatar pack, and the multiplayer double XP bonus.

In the very near future we’ll have more information and imagery for these two editions, with some exciting details on the multiplayer double XP and DLC content.

Any questions on the above, please chime in below.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

29 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

ryannumber3gamer 30 August, 2012 @ 4:20 pm   1

Cool the game looks good :). Next tell us Sly Cooper thievess in time’s new release date aand tell us there is a collecters edition please! Also is there a beta of this game’s multiplayer coming to PS Plus members?

Ross Alexander 30 August, 2012 @ 5:59 pm

I can’t answer for Sly, but on the beta we’ll be confirming our plans in the near future.

millgate1 30 August, 2012 @ 4:22 pm   2

Awesome! and just to be clear, only the collectors edition will include a DLC pass, correct?

Ross Alexander 30 August, 2012 @ 5:59 pm

Yes, only the Collector’s Edition will include the online pass for all the DLC.

will the steelbook have 1 disc slot or 4 so i can fit gow3,gowhd1 and gowhd2 in as well?

Ross Alexander 30 August, 2012 @ 6:05 pm

We will be unveiling the steelbook design and imagery of the bonus content at a later date.

VictorAnalogy 30 August, 2012 @ 4:38 pm   4

Ugh, curse you, now I have to get the collector’s edition.

Spartan57 30 August, 2012 @ 4:39 pm   5

Is the God of War Saga Collection coming to UK ???

Hope the figurine isn’t as terrible as the Cole and Nathan Drake figurines have been. :/

Immortal-Wolf-- 30 August, 2012 @ 4:54 pm   7

God or War Revelation Anyone

God of War isn’t he one of the (Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse) if the legend is correct in the New Testament of the Bible called the Book of Revelation of (Jesus Christ)

3D support?

Is God of War Saga coming to Europe?

WolfiePL 30 August, 2012 @ 5:17 pm   10

I will buy a Special Edition, I’m avatar wh*re, are they good :D ?

Ross Alexander 30 August, 2012 @ 6:08 pm

As above we’ll have more info and visuals to share at a later date.

Cyberendpunk 30 August, 2012 @ 5:17 pm   11

Definitely a day 1 purchase, been so long since GOWIII and I am ready for another blood bath :D

almighty-slayer 30 August, 2012 @ 5:45 pm   12

Sold

Any ideas about the price of the special edition?

Gonna need to see some images of the Special Edition before I decide.

polodinio1234 30 August, 2012 @ 6:01 pm   15

Can you get the collector’s edition for the same prize or is it more?

xenokiller90 30 August, 2012 @ 6:21 pm   16

@Renkse
Don’t know what figures you got but the collector’s edition of uc3 and infamous 2 were epic the figures themselves were awesome.

bennyrafal 30 August, 2012 @ 6:26 pm   17

Special for me.

I can’t wait :P But i am only interested in the normal Story mode really. Not sure why every game has to have online multi-player for. But i am not complaining;)

CreditDue 30 August, 2012 @ 6:59 pm   19

Would be nice if the Collectors’ Edition came with a discount for previous GoW games as opposed to a figure for those of us that have yet to play them all and wont given the mental prices they currently selling at online and in stores, but maybe I’m just being greedy

DrSHREEVEERA 30 August, 2012 @ 8:24 pm   20

When is God Of War Debuting on the PS VITA ??…
The Vita will Surely sell like Hot Cakes.

Any Exact dste on When Playstation PLUS is comiing to VITA??

link1983 30 August, 2012 @ 8:28 pm   21

I am a guaranteed consumer of the GOW: Ascension Collectors edition. I have to ask, are their any plans to release the Omega Version in the UK? I would love that one too. :D

supersmith2500 30 August, 2012 @ 9:58 pm   22

UK gets content last again I see.
Fair enough, suits game retailers and even gamers too since the weekend is there.

GametimeUK 30 August, 2012 @ 10:15 pm   23

I can’t wait. I love GoW, but I may wait and pick up the Collectors Edition when it drops down in price. I got Killzone3′s amazeballs edition for the price of the standard game because they just wasn’t selling.

Any word on the price? Also, has there been any word on a beta for the Multiplayer?

StolenDiagram 30 August, 2012 @ 10:23 pm   24

Please try to be competitive with the CE pricing and don’t go overboard with it like you did with the GOW3 one. No-one wins in recession, but chances are Sony’s customers are probably suffering just as badly, if not worse than they are!

vonhammer 30 August, 2012 @ 11:24 pm   25

Really hate these DLC passes,unless you’ve a full advertisement highlighting every piece of content before the game is out,I see no reason for anyone to buy one.But I guess if you could show it off,i’d be “why isn’t it on my disk as part of the game”.

I do question the idea of paid DLC for this.While the series has proven lasting appeal,the MP hasn’t because it’s new.And as has happened so often,I think drop off rate will be fairly high.
Knowing you guys already have a schedule of DLC release,puts me off investigating in any MP DLC.

If it’s day 1 DLC,I’ll never buy any,no matter how cool it looks.And if it’s skins,armour,weapons on day one,i’ll be done with the series.

Shorter SP and slapped on MP with DLC = no buy for me.

AWESOME!!! Can’t wait :<

specialalaa 3 September, 2012 @ 9:01 am   28

To my friends: this would be a great birthday present for me!

scarface12901 18 September, 2012 @ 4:24 am   29

is this available to pre-order anywhere in the uk i have seen it on the american amazon but not on our one or any other site i have looked on