Posted 11:45am

PlayStation Community Update: 3rd September

Hi all! First of all, let me start with a little introduction for those who do not know me, I’m Envisager and I look after the English PlayStation Forums. I’ll be stopping by the PlayStation Blog every Monday from now on to run through some of the events and discussions that are currently going down over on the Official PlayStation Forums.

Community Magazine
I must start by mentioning our awesome Community Magazine which is completely compiled, written, designed and edited by members of our community. It’s chock-full of epic reviews, previews and developer Q&As, amongst other top content. We are currently looking for people who would like to contribute towards the next edition due for release in early October, so if you have a passion for a particular game (new or old!) which you would like to write about, or maybe you attended Gamescom and wanted to do a little write up about it, let us know here and perhaps you could see your work in digital print!

MagazineFP

There’s always something going down in the world of Online Events on the Forums, from PlayStation Home to Uncharted 3. You can always find a regular online fun night where you can meet up with fellow forumers and have a blast. These events can be just for fun, or maybe even an International Competition – there is something there for everyone!

Uncharted: Mirage of Deceit
One of our most popular events is ‘Uncharted: Mirage of Deceit‘. Mirage of Deceit is the Official PlayStation Community event for all your competitive Uncharted needs! From Deathmatch to Plunder, they are open to all in the search of the greatest treasure hunter and sharpest shooter on the PlayStation Network! We cover all maps and modes for Uncharted 3, as well as DLC, so any Uncharted fan can join in on the action!

UnchartedMirageOfDeceit

Battlefield 3 Sundays
Of course, we all know how awful Sundays can be with that knowledge that it’s back to work the next day. Well, we’ve got the perfect event to help vent your frustrations – Battlefield 3 Sundays – so feel free to pop along and have some fun!

I’ll be back next week highlighting more of our events – see you then!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

47 Comments 13 Author replies
Show oldest first

Flipside666 3 September, 2012 @ 12:02 pm   1

hi nice to meet you, that sounds cool, but wheres our plus heads up? also where is ross , he hasent tweeted or posted a blog in ages :S

Fred Dutton 3 September, 2012 @ 12:06 pm

Alas, Ross changed roles last week. You’ll have a new Plus contact soon. And fear not, there will be a Plus update this week – hopefully tomorrow. The store guys are putting it together right now.

Flipside666 3 September, 2012 @ 12:09 pm   2

oooo whos it going to be, are they going to get a twitter account, also i hope ross didnt move roles coz of stress :S ps thank you for the info :)

I don’t play that many competitive online games, but this seems really cool being able to play with the forums and blog community.

Hey Jamesyp,

It’s pretty awesome, occasionally you will also get the opportunity to play against some of the SCEE Moderation Team. Although, they aren’t all that good!

great

Connor_mufc_1985 3 September, 2012 @ 12:29 pm   5

Fred I know iv been a pain this week but can you at least confirm our free game tomorrow will be Red Dead Redemption? iv seen it on more than one site but none of them are sony affiliated I dont think

Specmajster 3 September, 2012 @ 12:32 pm   6

Yes it will, Sony already announced it on GamesCom, and the second game will be Counter-Strike Trolololo.

Flipside666 3 September, 2012 @ 12:46 pm   7

^^ BAZINGA lol

Flipside666 3 September, 2012 @ 12:46 pm   8

^ bazinga lol

Flipside666 3 September, 2012 @ 12:47 pm   9

oops so good i posted twice

Not sure if I should consider it good or bad that Ross got another position. He was one of the very few at SCEE that I could credit to beat my expectations and that on a large scale.

Though he lately often broke his promises of getting back to the comments and feedback or couldn’t drop his heads up in the promised time frame, so I guess he was to busy and it would thus be smart to give us another contact.
So, will Ross stay related to Plus or is he into something completly different now?

Fred Dutton 3 September, 2012 @ 1:08 pm

Ross has moved on to pastures new I’m afraid.

Guys, let’s keep it on topic, yes?

Maybe ross replaces jawad…

Specmajster 3 September, 2012 @ 12:57 pm   12

@Lymmusic

I don’t even…

Has Ross been promoted or demoted, the night of the long knife 1st jawad was given a holiday now ross get a new high job or low new job, it took over 1000 commets 2 weeks running for the big wigs to take note & not by me/other telling how SCEE sucked over 5 year.

the only thing SCEE did right was introduction of EOD tv’s same time as SCEA so kudos SCEE home time. :|

fauxtronic 3 September, 2012 @ 12:59 pm   14

OK, I’m sad that Ross will no longer be PS+ content manager because he’s a really cool, upbeat guy who communicated very effectively.

I just ask that his replacement will learn a few things from Ross’s communication style. Most importantly:

1) ALWAYS assign Playstation Plus posts to the ‘playstationplus’ blog category. If they don’t do that, then those of us who have bookmarked the category page won’t get to see PS+ announcments in a timely manner. I already missed out on a beta last week because somebody (not naming any names *whistle*) didn’t do this.

2) Continue using Twitter and other social networks to inform users of announcements.

3) Keep on giving us good games. :P

Skookie30 3 September, 2012 @ 1:01 pm   15

* SCEE Home team Not time :D

almighty-slayer 3 September, 2012 @ 1:31 pm   16

Wait wait wait, Ross has gone?! That seems a way more interesting thing to talk about than this (sorry Vissy!)

Ross is/was awesome. Hope the new Plus guy/girl is just as good as he was, and takes our suggestions like he did. And keeps involved with the community

*Big Boss salute*

Specmajster 3 September, 2012 @ 1:35 pm   17

@Fred what do you mean by ”Soon”

TheNarrator 3 September, 2012 @ 1:41 pm   18

yay! tis nice to see whats going on and about on the OPC forums :)

kudos to all the guys that contribute to the magazine, its jam packed full of lovely words.

if youve been to the Uncharted and Battlefield 3 events, youll know theyre both super-fun and crazy too :D

Envisager 3 September, 2012 @ 1:53 pm

I have to admit, the Community Team is so proud of what has been achieved with the magazine! Hopefully we can get some epic content for the next issue!

@specmajster

Priceless :)

englishgolfer 3 September, 2012 @ 1:44 pm   20

Looks good Vissy! Nice plug for the magazine.

Vannaa_Girl 3 September, 2012 @ 1:48 pm   21

Very nice to meet and see you post Envisager

It is sad to see Ross move on but ahhh that is life, we all move on or grow up or……

But never stop gaming ofc!!

Just remember to bring your army protection jacket here :P

@fred

Unfortunately until even vague answers are communicated out to the vocal minority regarding the recent Scee issues i dont think it is likely for many posts to stay on topic, and I can understand why, to some extent. It is clear there are issues within the organisation, and it is also clear these issues cannot be openly discussed, but it is a little arrogant for anyone working on the blog to not expect questions to be raised when the responses have been so ignorant.

I staunchly defend sony’s right to run its business as it so chooses, and feel that some customers feel they are entitled to a lot more than they deserve, but they also have the right to moan about it too, and i’m sure you can understand why they will choose to do so where they feel it may be noticed.

Fred Dutton 3 September, 2012 @ 2:14 pm

I’ve answered many questions over in the Store Update thread. Like I’ve explained a number of times, if you have store-related queries/issues that’s the place to air them. Myself and the store team read everything in there and answer what we can – please keep an eye on it as I comment regularly. This has nothing to do with arrogance – it’s in the name of presenting a wide range of information to a wide range of gamers – all of whom have different priorities and interests – without distraction from unrelated discussions. Again, you are not being ignored and, yes, you have every right to moan, but there’s no need to do it on this particular page.

Skykid360 3 September, 2012 @ 2:24 pm   23

@Fred

(Sorry to go off topic)

But is there any news on Borderlands 2? Pre-Order or even Digital Release. I mentioned this just over a month ago (along with Need For Speed MW), and you replied that you will look into it.

Or should I start ordering from somewhere else? Really want it on release day if I can, as it is out this Month.

Thanks.

Voodoo341 3 September, 2012 @ 2:25 pm   24

How can you have an article on what the community is discussing and not mention the single biggest issue the community are talking about? Looks like SCEE are just going to ignore its customers and carry on regardless. Maybe if they put less resource into this rubbish and sorted their approval process out first they might hold onto their customers.

Skykid360 3 September, 2012 @ 2:28 pm   25

Great work with the Mag as always, would be even better if I could Save it as a PDF and stick it on my iPad. :)

Ross changed roll? NOOOOO :(.

Nick_Bester 3 September, 2012 @ 3:27 pm   27

Hey Vissy… Nice to meet you! Ha-ha :P
Your update thread looks good!
Thanks again for the support on my SSX pic!

@Voodoo341, You’re right. All community events and collaborations are to be put on indefinite hiatus until you have your precious copy of Counter Strike.

vonhammer 3 September, 2012 @ 4:09 pm   29

“I’ve answered many questions over in the Store Update thread…..but there’s no need to do it on this particular page”

I think the problem is we’ve be free over the years to ask whatever,wherever.In the past people would ask a question in another topic,because the cutoff point for a reply would of been 24 hours if that.
You should of seen this place during the apocalyps3 our the network issues.Now that was a fun read.

Shame about Ross,I hope this doesnt affect the quality of our game collection.

Fred Dutton 3 September, 2012 @ 4:36 pm

If a thread is still active, you can be sure I’ll be checking in on it. It just works better that way. It’s not much fun if a developer has made the effort to come on here and talk about his game and the thread is being derailed by an unrelated discusssion.

I read all of your feedback – just because it’s on page 15 of the Store Post does not mean it will be ignored or overlooked.

MrChilliBeer 3 September, 2012 @ 4:19 pm   30

What would be even better is an app specifically for the PS Vita to allow us to read the magazine on the go.

Envisager 3 September, 2012 @ 4:37 pm

Thanks for the feedback MrChilliBeer, we are always looking for ways to improve the magazine and it’s distribution. It’s something we can certainly look into :)

mattsimmo 3 September, 2012 @ 4:56 pm   31

Crikey, who let vissy loose on the blog :p

Great info there, have joined in the uncharted and BF3 nights and they are great fun :D

ATIPdante 3 September, 2012 @ 6:58 pm   32

great community :) and have loads of fun on the forums! got to say the ps home meet ups on a Sunday is a good way to meet new psn friends :)

Well I have to ask.
Why did you post a link in the Socom forums without having any new Socom news.Just a little strange.

Voodoo341 3 September, 2012 @ 8:23 pm   34

@fski

If it was only CS:Go you might have a point. But it isn’t! There’s Walking Dead, Dyad as well this week. It’ll be more games next week and the week after and so on.

For the moderator who has answer all the questions. You’ve not given a single answer. You’ve fobbed people off with a maybe, might be wishy washy reply. Answer the questions and people will stop asking.

chrisandsheva 3 September, 2012 @ 8:51 pm   35

What, . ?
Stay on topic on a general gaming blog-post, erm, scratches head…..

@ Fred.. I hope you don’t make a habbit of what you done earlier, hmm, i seen you !, ‘alas Ross has CHANGED ROLES’ .. followed a bit later by Ross has gone,or left us, or quit, or fired ?, But whichever it is, he is no longer involved in this blog/store posts, so yeah i ‘suppose you could call that a ‘change of ROLES’ Loosely speaking, erm kind of, Or you could also call it ‘something else’. So IF that is a taste, or view of what you call ‘answers’, then i can see things going bad, real fast.. Talking about ‘answers’, as in your claim to have made many, esp regards CS-GO, Walking Dead.. i have to say, After reading ‘most all’ of them, that i would Have to call those Replies, .. Not Answers, obviously you see my point, and i am running outa space etc….

Lastly, as a above comment allready says (to The fanboy/girl). It Isn’t about a single fps game, IF ONLY, i USED (like many others) to be like you, loyal etc, But lines have been well+truly crossed.

@Vodoo, I am as frustrated as you are, I too want Walking Dead but the simple fact remains that this isn’t the place to discuss it. It. Is. Irrelevent. Here.

@Chrisandsheva As I said, just as frustrated as you, here is not the place and please spare me the tiresome ‘fanboy’ comment, the route 1 insult of the unimaginative.

chrisandsheva 3 September, 2012 @ 9:15 pm   37

25% off PS-PLUS (?),
Sorry IF i am ‘off topic’ (messin), But i spotted a link regards the upcoming discount, just in section below latest readers comments, But it’s titled How you can get PLUS for 25% off.. ?. i am on ps3s browser atm, so can’t open the link, (wish they’d say, our browsers CAN’T do that, etc, rather than having ppl feel more .. let down), anyway i am a little concerned by this posts title, to me it reads like ‘stuff’ needs doing Before we can renew, instead of just buying it come 5th, So, IF anyones on a pc atm/later, can you see what thats on about, and IF i need to worry/see it.. can you please post, as i am allready eating into gaming time. will check back later or tomorow, and IF theres something to read will try and find my pc (lol).. seroiously, will appreciate any ‘heads-up’ about this..

chrisandsheva 3 September, 2012 @ 9:20 pm   38

lol.. Why use my imagination, i mean, it IS a fact, isn’t it ?..
But leave it there, i be ‘unimaganative’, you be ‘fanboy’.

Voodoo341 3 September, 2012 @ 9:22 pm   39

Can’t see why comments in an article title ‘Playstation Community Update’ can’t mention the single biggest current issue frustrating the Playstation community.

@chrisandsheva. How silly this all is. Have a nice evening.

Flipside666 3 September, 2012 @ 9:40 pm   41

Sorry fred didnt meen my comment to turn into an argument, just thought id come on an a appologise :S

@chrisandsheva
Dont worry..its just saying get 25% off but only if you subscribe between 5th and 19th sept – dont need to do anything special

SCOTCHmfCHIEF 3 September, 2012 @ 11:37 pm   43

English playstation forums typical

SCOTCHmfCHIEF 4 September, 2012 @ 11:54 am   44

Sorry envisager, my ignorance. Im a proud brit thats all ;). ill be sure to check it out.

Legendary_Vicki 4 September, 2012 @ 4:13 pm   45

Nice blog Viss!

Good to see the magazine get some loving!

I don’t understand why you deleted my post about Socom it was very much on topic.
You posted a link at socom.com under announcements.I came here from there.I assumed there was some news about the game.Am I wrong?

chrisandsheva 8 September, 2012 @ 8:44 am   47

Looking forward to Mondays new blog, i can see good stuff coming from this ‘addition’ to the eublog, also if i sounded a little erm, angry/disruptfull last week then apologies, am not usually, well allways like that, guess it’s been a strain for everyone this past fortnight, anyway ‘vissy’ nice work, (so far), will (hopefully) catch you on mon.

@ M1tch_311, thanks for reply m8, i did see it and was relieved there was no hoops etc to jump through, but i wasn’t signed in to be able to thank you at the time.