Posted 5:00pm

Sack It To Me: LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Is Complete!

LBP PS Vita Goes Gold

The news that you have been waiting for is finally here! LittleBigPlanet PS Vita has gone gold! This means that the game is now 100% complete and all that remains is for us to print off Sackboy’s new adventure and send it off to the stores for release on 21st September!

Our teams at Tarsier Studios and Double Eleven have been working hard to get Sackboy’s portable adventure ready for you and we cannot wait to see what our community of talented creators can make with Sackboy’s brand new collection of create tools, which are just perfect for making your very own portable gaming classics!

If you haven’t already, be sure to pre-order today to ensure that you receive your copy on time and to be able to pick up some snazzy bonus content at the same time!

The World Peace Day Costume Returns
This month will see the return of World Peace Day and to commemorate the occasion, we will be re-releasing our World Peace Day Costume onto the PlayStation Store next week.
The World Peace Costume will be FREE and will be available for One Week Only, so don’t delay in picking it up!

world-peace-day

Don’t forget that your downloaded Costume DLC will work across LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting… This includes our Free Seasonal Costume DLC releases too!

So with LittleBigPlanet PS Vita out later this month, you will want to pick up this costume now to give your LittleBigPlanet PS Vita costume collection an early boost before it’s released.

Mm Picks
We have a great mix of levels for your Mm Picks this week! There’s an amazing space shooter that will see you blasting through levels of arcade awesomeness, a brilliant platformer that sees Sackboy undertaking a very windswept adventure, a devious platform challenge that tests you to complete all the challenges with only 100 lives and finally some multiplayer madness that will see four players working together to show that teamwork is sometimes needed to overcome obstacles.

Aero Spartan

Aero Spartan: Warriors of Pirate Bay (1-2P) [PHI] by RoDRiGo-FiLiPiNo

Stormy Valley

Stormy Valley (platformer) by yu-kamone

[100 stock] short skills challenge

挑戦 [100 stock] short skills challenge by simora2873

Teamwork Matters

[PLCC4] Teamwork Matters (4 Player) by Tyler_stewart

LittleBigPlanet Passes 1 Million Likes on Facebook

Last but by no means least! We can share the exciting news that the official LittleBigPlanet page on Facebook has now passed the rather incredible 1 Million Likes milestone!
If you’re not one of those Likes, what are you waiting for? Why not join us on there!

LittleBigPlanet Facebook

We keep the page updated with all the latest news and releases for LittleBigPlanet, so it’s a great place to check out for any news hungry Sackpeople! So a big, big thank you to all our fans on there! We truly appreciate your continued support of everything LittleBigPlanet and cannot wait to bring LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting to you before the end of the year!

LittleBigPlanet on the Web

LittleBigPlanet Twitter – @LittleBigPlanet
LittleBigPlanet Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/littlebigplanet

LittleBigPlanet Community Team Twitters

Steven – @StevenIsbell
Simon – @Syroc_LBP
Michael – @michaelbuffaloe

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

26 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

bidbaldwolf86 3 September, 2012 @ 5:06 pm   1

The world peace freebie makes no sense. It will be free for 1 week when Vita owners can’t download it? I only have a Vita so how am I supposed to get this? Wouldn’t it make more sense to have it free and available until launch day so that those people who pick the Vita title up on day 1 can get it?

Steven Isbell 3 September, 2012 @ 5:20 pm

The World Peace Day Costume is an annual Costume DLC release, which will work on LittleBigPlanet 2, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting.

It was originally designed for LittleBigPlanet 2 alone, however I was just giving everyone an extra heads up that this Free Costume and all other free and time-limted DLC Costumes will now also work on LittleBigPlanet PS Vita and LittleBigPlanet Karting too… When they’re released, of course. :)

Will the levels published in the LittleBigPlanet Ps Vita Beta carry over to the full game?

Steven Isbell 3 September, 2012 @ 5:22 pm

Unfortunately as stated at the beginning of the LittleBigPlanet PS Vita beta, so much has radically changed with the game since then that it is just not possible to bring levels from the beta into the full game.

almighty-slayer 3 September, 2012 @ 5:23 pm   3

Any word on preorder content for PSN Store release? :)

almighty-slayer 3 September, 2012 @ 5:24 pm   4

Sorry, that post wasn’t very clear :P I mean as in, any word on if we will get the preorder content if we buy the game from PSN in the first week (ala Gravity Rush)? :)

Size of the game would be nice, too.

Steven Isbell 3 September, 2012 @ 5:29 pm

We’re currently looking into this and should hopefully have some news soon!
    We haven’t nailed down the final details just yet though.

almighty-slayer 3 September, 2012 @ 5:31 pm   5

Thanks for that! Hopefully you do get news soon, as this is one game i really would like to have downloaded on my Vita.

yoo

ashton_philip 3 September, 2012 @ 5:53 pm   7

Where do I have to pre-order to get the Bioshock costumes? As I’ve been wanting to pre-order for a while but didn’t know where is best.

Will I be able to play the user-created levels from Little Big Planet 2 on the Vita version?

Steven Isbell 4 September, 2012 @ 9:59 am

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita is an entirely standalone game from LittleBigPlanet 2, which means that it cannot support LittleBigPlanet 2 levels.

21st for the UK. But 19th for the whole EU. Just would like to point that out.

Can you tell we will be LBP available on the psn store the ssme date when the “street version” goes out?

If yes, for what price (compairing to street version), also would be any discount for plus users?

Would be nice having LBP on vita :)

Nazar_Ops 3 September, 2012 @ 6:33 pm   11

9# Yes it will. UK get it 21st on PS Store and it gets released in stores by that date too. Same goes for the other countries.

@ashton_philip :I’d say GAME is probably your best bet considering that’s the only major retailer to include the Bioshock Pack. If it isn’t included with the PSN version, I really hope that they release the game at a lower price (maybe £30?) and put the pack up on the store day one.

andrewsqual 3 September, 2012 @ 9:23 pm   13

The first comment is somebody complaining about free DLC. I don’t even………
Anyway congratulations in getting the game to gold guys. That Bioshock costume is so awesome, luckily Gamestop in Ireland is doing it. Looking forward to some awesome levels by the community
And to bidbaldwolf86, you don’t know a single person with a PS3? Just put your account on a friends, get the free DLC with your account and it will, well, be on your account then. Then remove it from the PS3.

dylanwiggan 4 September, 2012 @ 3:31 am   14

amazon uk currently has this game listed for £28.91, any word on whether the ps store will be competitive with that, or maybe get to that range with ps plus discount? Would love to have it downloaded onto my vita

Dark-Twisted 4 September, 2012 @ 4:14 am   15

The game has another gold trophy for 24 hours active creating. I’m both looking forward to it and mentally banging my head against the wall. A bit disappointed my LBP2 24h effort only got about five plays, it’s still a bitter taste.

Anyways, I’ll be getting this… once I have the money for a Vita first.

So does this mean that there is no controversial song in the soundtrack this time? ;)

BubWright 4 September, 2012 @ 9:00 am   17

does this game require an online pass?

Steven Isbell 4 September, 2012 @ 10:01 am

No, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita does not require an Online Pass.

All online features will be available to everybody that owns LittleBigPlanet PS Vita for free. :)

bidbaldwolf86 4 September, 2012 @ 11:48 am   18

@andrewsqual

No we are all xbox players. i think my post may have sounded harsher than I wanted it to but the point still stands :P

What is the price of LBP Vita for the european PSN release?

DayDr3emrs 4 September, 2012 @ 1:32 pm   20

will there be a week 1 launch item like with LBP 1,2 and Psp?

/# Lol all I got see with that link was an Mermahuantaur :P.

7#

GametimeUK 4 September, 2012 @ 5:48 pm   23

Amazing news. I don’t see myself interested in a Vita yet, but if I do buy one then this will be one of the first games I purchase on it. Love LBP :-)

Skatercrosskid 5 September, 2012 @ 12:36 pm   24

Will there be a week 1 rare T-Shirt or other item of clothing to celebrate the launch of LBP Vita?

FredBurzlaff 13 September, 2012 @ 11:59 pm   25

what’s the size of the game?

DarkyRatchetCZ 15 September, 2012 @ 2:53 pm   26

Heya I got two questions,Will there be a way to convert the PS3 LBP1 DLC into the PSVITA LBP?Because I had an account with a LBP and some of the DLCs but I sold my PS3 and I am using other account for my Vita so will it be possible to convert somehow?And whats the size of the game.
Thanks.