Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 11:00am

Retro Games Sale Starts Tomorrow

Hello everybody. So the PS Vita firmware update 1.80 finally happened, WOOT! To celebrate this and after chatting to some of the PSN Community about it I thought it would be a good idea to get you some discounts on some classic PSOne games that I am sure you will all enjoy either at home on your PS3 or now on the move with your PS Vita.

However it is not just all PSOne games, we also have Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend on sale for the PS Vita and for you horse riding, guns blazing, cowboy fans we have all the Red Dead Redemption DLC. So get these deals before they ride off into the sunset.

These discounts will start on Wednesday 5th September once the weekly store update has happened.

Enjoy!

PS3 Games

Space Channel 5 Part 2
Was – €7.99/£6.49 Now – €4.49/£3.69

PS3 DLC

Legends and Killers Pack

Liars and Cheats

Undead Nightmare

Undead Nightmare Collection
Was – €19.99/£15.99 Now – €9.99/£7.99

PS Vita

Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend
Was – €29.99/£24.99 Now – €24.99/£19.99
(Additional 15% off for PLUS members)

PS1

Syphon Filter 3

The Little Mermaid II

PS2

Chicken Little

Disney Princess Enchanted Journey
Was – €9.99/£7.99 Now – €4.99/£3.99

Donald Duck: Goin’ Quackers (Quack Attack)

Donald PK

• International Athletics
  • WWII: Battle Over The Pacific
  • Spinout
  • Spectral Vs Generation
  • Spectral Souls II: Resurrection of the Ethereal Empires
  • Breath of Fire 3
  • Pacific Warriors 2: Dogfight!
  • Atrain 6
  • Operation Air Assault
  • God Hand
  • Maximo
  • Maximo vs Army of Zin
  • Ace Armstrong / Stellar Attack (Bundle Deal)
  • Fighting Fantasy: Talisman / Warlock (Bundle Deal)
  • Card Shark
  • Age of Hammer Wars
  • Left to Die in Zombhai
  • Kaleidoscope

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

190 Comments 41 Author replies
Show oldest first
PsychoDantis 4 September, 2012 @ 11:10 am   1

May have to pick up the Crash games.

Cheers for this, Andy!

Purchased all the Gex titles during the summer sale.

Seems like I’ll be purchasing all the Crash titles this time around. Looking forward to it! Another row of games to add to my PS Vita.

Pretty bad selection of ps1 classics and they are not even 50%…

Andy Stewart 4 September, 2012 @ 11:23 am

Crash Bash and Syphon Filter were some of the most requested games for this sale, sadly we can’t get everything discounted but we try. What have you liked to see on offer?

Same, all of the games that actually need a price cut are missing though. £8 for resident evil is a joke, i can get number 5 for that price.

Andy Stewart 4 September, 2012 @ 11:22 am

I am sure we will see some discounts for the Resident Evil games around the Halloween season.

Zero__Kiryu 4 September, 2012 @ 11:16 am   5

Looking good, I will add crash 2 to my collection.

Discount on the Gravity Rush DLC please =) maybe Spyro could finally be added to EU PSN?

Thanks

So the Stardust sale items ends tomorrow and after a month you still haven’t managed to put Super Stardust Portable for free for plus users as it should be?

From the Stardust blog post a month ago…
“Additionally, Super Stardust Portable will be 50% off, or absolutely free to PS Plus subscribers!”

Andy Stewart 4 September, 2012 @ 11:30 am

I am trying to get this sorted however it is taking longer then expwected for reasons I can’t tell you, all I can say is sit tight and we will hopefully get this sorry.

Apologies for the inconvience.

bmeacham363 4 September, 2012 @ 11:18 am   7

Does anyone know what happened to the just cause 2 black market aerial pack as I can’t seem to find it anywhere in the store?

A good start, but I was hoping for a bit more, I will pick up G-Police but I was hoping Future Cop and Ridge Race Type 4 would be part of the sale.

Now just get us the Spyro games and Symphony of the Night on the store and I will be a happy man.

Nice sale, cheers Andy Stewart and the rest of the team. Might have to get the RDR DLC and Syphon Filter 3.

Any news on a EU (UK) Playstation Blogcast?

Last-Angel 4 September, 2012 @ 11:22 am   10

Hello ..
He liked to see all Final Fantasy in sales .. Do you have a prediction for this?

Thanks

Andy Stewart 4 September, 2012 @ 11:25 am

we did this not so long ago, however I am sure we will see it again in time for the Festive sale in December.

I was hoping for some of the classic RPGs, the Final Fantasys, Grandia etc. Front Mission 3 would of been nice. Silent Hill? Oh well, I guess you can’t please everyone.

On the bright side, I could do with saving some cash.

Andy Stewart 4 September, 2012 @ 11:26 am

Sorry to dissapoint but some good suggestions there, will see if I can do anything about it for next week.

bennyrafal 4 September, 2012 @ 11:24 am   12

Any chances for LA Noire rockstar pass?

CookieMonsterES 4 September, 2012 @ 11:25 am   13

Hey Andy,

May I suggest some discounts for the Marvel Pinball tables, Batman Arkham City DLC or Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC?

Keep up the good work, team!

BiGsMoO7ke 4 September, 2012 @ 11:26 am   14

I might grab the ps1 games, what about “Driver” 1 + 2 ?

Connor_mufc_1985 4 September, 2012 @ 11:26 am   15

So the question is will RDR be in the plus update and will the dlc be half the price of the sale price :)?

One can only imagine how lucky we would be, if SCEE cared to offer us Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross instead of all those Disney titles. Well, maybe next life?

Love this! To make it even better why not make Spyro and The Legend of Dragoon available on PSN? Don’t care about the discount for those two games, I just want to finally play them.

almighty-slayer 4 September, 2012 @ 11:36 am   18

Good work Andy Pandy ;) I have nearly all of these, but still a great selection of games.

So £19.96 for the RDR DLC, I paid £20 for the UN disc a year ago which contains all that DLC and can be picked up for £10-15 easily these days. Are digital versions not supposed to be cheaper than the disc?

Andy Stewart 4 September, 2012 @ 11:50 am

What you are discribing is this:

Undead Nightmare Collection
    Was – €19.99/£15.99 Now – €9.99/£7.99

Which as you can see for the duration of this sale is cheaper then retail.

Wiiman1225 4 September, 2012 @ 11:38 am   20

I’m taking a guess now that once PS VITA has Plus added, I think that the first 2 free games will be Gravity Rush and Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Place the bets now! :D

Yasir_Said 4 September, 2012 @ 11:38 am   21

Would it be possible to consider some of these for next week as well please?

Ridge Racer Type 4
Jumping Flash
Rayman 1/2
…..sonic wings special :)

When the PS+ for PS Vita goes live, will we get any/all/none of these games at an even greater discounted price (or dare I say free?). Or will it be limited to PSP/Vita games or DLC?

(Speaking of; any information regarding PS+ for Vita?)

Semi-decent collection. Would have snapped up Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, and Metal Gear Solid 1 if they were on… Half Price? Maybe.

May I suggest that you start developing, like for example mini sport games for ps3 and vita such as field hockey, futsal, paintball etc!

fabrik1980 4 September, 2012 @ 11:40 am   24

Is there any chance we will ever get the PSX game Metal Gear Solid: Special Missions (aks MGS VR Missions in the US)? For some reason the European version of this game required you to own MGS1 or else it wouldn’t play. You can’t get the game to work on the PS3, because it handles disc swapping differently.

I’d love it if the store would offer either Metal Gear Solid: Integral (which includes both the main game and Special/VR Missions) or at least the US version of MGS VR Missions. Or the European version if they could patch it so it doesn’t require MGS1 anymore. I’m a bit surprised there was no demand for that game yet. But since this is an MGS game, I’m sure it would sell good enough to justify putting it into the store.

Can I suggest a price drop for Ghostbusters on PSP for Halloween?

@Andy nice avatar, goes well with the store theme ;)

Looks like a pretty nice sale, gonna pick the Crash & Syphon Filter titles now that we can play them on the Vita. Maybe some other stuff as well.

@Frxn check your math, the Undead Nightmare collection includes all the above three DLC packs and is €9.99/£7.99, far less than the amount you mentioned.

lucasandjack 4 September, 2012 @ 11:44 am   27

Thanks again for not putting the Australian prices. I love how Australia is listed in the countries for a lot of posts but you rarely put the Aussie prices.

@Wiiman1225 I doubt UGA will be free this early, it still sells for full retail price in most place. GR is even newer. I doubt there’ll be an instant game collection deal for the Vita when the Vita Plus launches, probably just deals on DLC or PSN titles. If I would have to bet I’d say StarDrone for free and 50% Little Deviants.

Andy, Syphon Filter get’s a price reduction, however if you’re a Plus member, you can’t actually buy it as it’s been previously part of Plus. Will it be enabled in the future so that we can take advantage of offers regardless if it’s been given away on Plus?

Is plus still going to be discounted tomorrow? i dont want to renew today just to see it discounted tomorrow.

Andy Stewart 4 September, 2012 @ 11:51 am

YEs this should be starting tomorrow, I believe Fred is putting up a blog post about this later today

Bealinator 4 September, 2012 @ 11:50 am   31

Good work Andy. Think I’ll pick up three PS1 titles seeing as the rest of the ones I would have grabbed I already have. So that is Crash Team Racing (so glad I didn’t buy it a few days ago!), Kurushi Final (played this on a demo disc years ago but never bought it, but now i can!) and Syphon Filter 3 (why not?).

Do you have any idea if Tomba! will have a Plus discount for its debut tomorrow? From what I know it will more than likely be a £7.99 title. I’d pay that without a seconds though, but a discount would also be a nice plus (see what I did there) for subcribers.

Tie Capcom to a chair and get them to discount the Resi titles for Halloween!

lol why isnt syphon filter 2 on the store? would have been perfect to buy the set

Andy Stewart 4 September, 2012 @ 11:53 am

This is something I have been trying to get for some time now and will keep trying. I can’t tell you what the delay is but there is on.

Thanks Andy

Bealinator 4 September, 2012 @ 11:54 am   34

Most definitely out tomorrow according to Monkeypaw. If they were pulling our legs I shall be incredibly upset. My Vita shall go into overdrive tomorrow if it is 100% being released. Got to catch those evil pigs.

supersmith2500 4 September, 2012 @ 11:55 am   35

Hate to ask Andy, Destruction Derby is nowhere found in the store but I found via search box and tell’s me I can’t access it. If it’s listed on the blog then why is it not on the store. Any chance you can look into it?

Andy Stewart 4 September, 2012 @ 12:59 pm

Sure! This is a concern. However wait till the store publish tomorrow, that might have something to do with it.

Can you please make sure that Fred says whether or not PS+ subscriptions stack in the ‘Plus post? (as in my current subscription runs out in November and if I buy the discounted 12 month sub, will it add 12 months to my current sub meaning it’ll run out November next year instead)

Thanks! :D

What about sale on all FFXIII-2 DLCs?? New game from FF13 universe has been announced would be nice to stress that fact by maing a nice sale :)

What do you say? Am I right?? :)

thx Andy

BF3:any news on release of Armored Kill @ UK & AE store?

InnocentCookie 4 September, 2012 @ 12:08 pm   39

Hey Andy,
some time ago I asked you about ‘Infamous 2 Festival of Blood’s discout. It was in US sale with 50% discount, but still haven’t appeared in EU.
Do you have any info about it?

Best Regards,
Michael.

Andy Stewart 4 September, 2012 @ 1:01 pm

Yes that was a US only sale but I am trying to replicate it over here. However this might not be till October time.

Are there any plans to get either Soviet Strike or Nuclear Strike on the store?

Thanks Fred :D

To SCEE:

Warhawk and Resident Evil 2 is still not downloadable directly from PS Store on Vita (via Download List).

Are there any plans to release Nuclear Strike and Soviet Strike in Europe – they are already available in the US psone classics

Thanks

Agreed, I would also like to see Nuclear Strike and Soviet Strike as PSone classics – great games :)

SERGEANT-Q6R 4 September, 2012 @ 12:14 pm   45

Some game PSOne classic are not available In store Qatar

S-o-h-a-i-l 4 September, 2012 @ 12:15 pm   46

Ah damn, picked up Crash 3 as soon as the update went live last week, no matter.

Was really hoping for Final Fantasy VII & VIII to go on sale though, I saw it on sale a couple of weeks back but that was before a release date for the patch had been confirmed so I decided to hold off. Andy if you could please make this happen, I like many would be very greatful.

Until then, guess I’ll pick up Hercules, have good memories of that game, surprised Tarzan wasn’t added to the list.

Some cool discounts there and I would love to get some games as I’ve missed PS1 somehow. I plan to get Vita in few weeks and here’s a question. Let’s say I’d buy few of those PS1 games on my PS3. Can I download them on my Vita if it gets in my hands later this year? I wouldn’t even download games on PS3. I can’t stand the resolution on a huge TV, but heard they look great on Vita.

I would really enjoy if you’d consider putting some sort of Need for Speed sale. I’m really interested in downloadable content from Shift&Shift2, Hot Pursuit and The Run.

Andy Stewart 4 September, 2012 @ 1:05 pm

For your Vita question, in short yes you can.

So to clarify, if you download the game on a PS3 that is a PSOne classic that does work on the Vita, then when you get your vita you can redownload it for that device.

Hope that clears it up for you dude.

So Ross McGrath has jumped ship now. Good luck Ross in your future exploits :)

With Kebby, Gallagher and now McGrath (amongst others) all moving on, does this mean that SCEE is really just a stepping stone to greater things?

personally I would like to see all the Nippon Ichi Software America sale on all the dlc for Disgaea 3, Trinity Universe, Cross Edge, Ar Tonelico etc…

also dlc for Saints Row The Third

and a sale on these psn games: Aqua Panic, Dead Block, Datura, Dungeons and Dragons Daggerdale, Order Up, and Gundemonium Bundle…there are more but maybe this is enough for now

little disappointed with the list, was kinda hoping for more mgs and less Disney. Better than nothing though. Will there be plus discount on rdr dlc?

Load all