Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 1:00pm

PS Vita Remote Play Now Live For God Of War Collection And ICO/Shadow Of The Colossus

Remote Play - God of War

We’ve got some great news on Remote Play. For those who don’t know, Remote Play allows you via a Wi-Fi connection to interact remotely with your PS3, using your PS Vita, and play a selection of compatible games. Today we can announce two fantastic PS3 collections are now available to play remotely on your PS Vita.

First up, God of War Collection, which features the two classic titles God of War and God of War II remastered in HD. And for the video game connoisseurs out there, the amazing ICO and Shadow Of The Colossus Collection is also available, featuring two of the most critically acclaimed games of all time remastered in HD. Both of the above collections have an intuitive new control system where you can choose to have the R2 and L2 buttons mapped to the rear touch pad. And these two titles look fantastic on the 5” OLED screen of your PS Vita and offer some of the very best gaming on PlayStation.

To access the Remote Play functionality for both God of War Collection and ICO and Shadow Of The Colossus Collection you’ll need to download a patch on your PS3, at no extra cost.

ICOShadow of the Colossus

As well as play selected games remotely, you can also access music, videos, photos and use certain applications such as VidZone on your PS Vita or PSP. For instructions on how to set up your PS3 and PS Vita for Remote Play please visit our guide here.

Remote Play is just one of the innovative cross-platform features that link your PS3 and PS Vita to create unique and seamless gaming experiences only available on PlayStation, bringing new gaming experiences and whole new ways to play your favourite games.

Take a look at the different ways to connect your PS Vita and PS3:

Cross-Play

Play, race, fight or team up with other players on either PS Vita or PS3 and enjoy live head-to-head gaming

Available titles: Hustle Kings, MotorStorm RC, WipEout HD, WipEout 2048
Upcoming titles: Street Fighter X Tekken, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, When Vikings Attack

Cross-Controller

The Cross-Controller feature allows a player to use PS Vita as a unique controller to create brand new ways to play games on PS3. By utilising its rich features including touch screen, rear touch pad, six-axis motion sensing system, and cameras, players can enjoy a new PS3 gaming experience unlike that played with Dualshock 3 wireless controller for PS3.

Available titles: Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Upcoming titles: LittleBigPlanet 2

Cross-Save

Begin the adventure at home on PS3 then continue on PS Vita wherever you travel. By managing game data from PS Vita and PS3 in the cloud, the Cross-Save feature enables users to continue playing their game on the go on PS Vita, right from where they left off on their PS3 at home.

Available titles: Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend, MLB12: The Show, MotorStorm RC
Upcoming titles: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Sound Shapes, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Ratchet & Clank QForce, When Vikings Attack

Cross-Goods

Unlock, download or create in-game items and share them between both PS Vita and PS3.

Available titles: Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, MLB12: The Show, Hustle Kings, MotorStorm RC, ModNation Racers/ModNation Racers: Road Trip, LittleBigPlanet Costumes
Upcoming titles: Street Fighter X Tekken, Assasin’s Creed III, Assasin’s Creed III: Liberation, Sound Shapes, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Cross-Buy

Buy a Cross-Buy compatible game for your PS3 and get the same title for free for PS Vita.

You can also buy compatible DLC such as LittleBigPlanet costumes for one system and use it on another at no extra charge.

Available Titles: Hustle Kings, Top Darts, Motorstorm RC, WipEout, LittleBigPlanet Costumes
Upcoming titles: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Ratchet & Clank QForce, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, When Vikings Attack

Look out for announcements for more Cross-Platform features and you can get more details here.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

85 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first
Mattrapid441 5 September, 2012 @ 1:05 pm   1

What time will the store update?

After platting God of War 1 and 2 recently, I shelved it, never expecting it to see the light of day again.
But now, I just might get it out whilst the wife insists on watching Eastenders…

@Andy Stewart

Come on mate, these are first party games. You’re the publisher. Get them reduced in price on the store!

Now!!!!

Please.

Doesn’t Zen Pinball 2 have some cross-platform feeatures (Cross-Buy)?

Anyway been looking to pick both these collections up along with the Ratchet and Clank collection.

Looking forward to going through SotC again.

Time to get a vita me thinks

I’ve just booted up my copy of ICO/SOTC collection and the patch is not like in UK

Cross-Buy: You forgot Zen Pinball 2!!

I’d love ICO+Shadow of Colloseus on Vita itself too!
All those HD remakes for Vita would be cool as well!

will the next ps3 firmware include remoteplay configuration so we can play ps1 games at the 852×440 resolution via remoteplay on the vita for games that will never stand a chance to get put on the psn store due to too much copyright?

Brilliant, you should make this a standard requirement for all new PS3 games, unless the devs have a very good reason to not support it.

Great work, can we look at getting remote play patched in on Jak and Ratchet collections now?

Lt_Fed_Brusque 5 September, 2012 @ 1:13 pm   12

I am SUPER jealous of Vita owners right now. I’m only up the 6th colossus because I never have enough time on the TV (unless I kick my poor wife off it). If I could stream it to my Vita while she watched the TV it would settle everything… Please drop the price of the Vita, Sony! It’ll end TV Wars all over the nation :P

Finally!

Though these are PS2 remasters, not actual PS3 games, I can’t complain, as I’ve been waiting for a reason to revisit ICO and Shadow of the Colossus and this is very much it :D

I’d just like to add, for me, the best game to apply this feature to, is the new Twisted Metal, as it’s the most fun I’ve had in years. If you could also fix the online as well – I haven’t been able to join a single match since launch. Just a suggestion.

Thanks guys!

I meant not live

I meant not the patch is not live

randellaUK 5 September, 2012 @ 1:14 pm   16

I’ve just booted up ico and no patch in the uk..

Tried some older games and newer titles

Retro/grade works via remote play but still remote play looks very low quality :(

I can’t seem to write a comment that makes sense today so I’ll give up now. :p

PrivateJohan 5 September, 2012 @ 1:18 pm   18

Is it for both GoW collections?

youdontknow123 5 September, 2012 @ 1:19 pm   19

Wow this is pretty cool! Do you know if any other HD Collections will be playable on the Vita soon? I’d really like to play the Ratchet and Clank Trilogy on my Vita!

CookieMonsterES 5 September, 2012 @ 1:20 pm   20

What a nice surprise, guys, really sweet!

Goddamn I love my Vita. I can only hope it eventually finds some legitimate success.

Hope to see GoW Origins Collection get similar treatment (along with all of the other Sony HD collections), though I can imagine there’s more incentive for Sony to encourage people to buy the PSP versions. It makes sense to start with the first GoW collection, at least.

ODirtyB_69 5 September, 2012 @ 1:22 pm   22

@17 – Chalkywhyte?

ODirtyB_69 5 September, 2012 @ 1:23 pm   23

@18 – “First up, God of War Collection, which features the two classic titles God of War and God of War II remastered in HD.”

So just the 1st collection then

I thought remote play would be a service/feature for PSVita owners, not something for a few games that need a patch. Very confusing, very not user friendly, very poorly executed.

European_Gamer 5 September, 2012 @ 1:24 pm   25

Bonus info. you can also use Remote Play for all the PixelJunk games, and most if not all of the PS1 games.

woot! it just so happens that Ico and GoW are the only classics that I’ve ever bought, and I’m nowhere near completing them. :)

mattledger 5 September, 2012 @ 1:29 pm   27

Is this just for Vita or will it work with Remote Play on PSP too?

ODirtyB_69 5 September, 2012 @ 1:30 pm   28

@16 – Retro/Grade has Remote Play???? REALLY???

This is cool but try and get some FPS games for remote play like resistance 3 that right analog is seriously under used on vita with only one FPS

vonhammer 5 September, 2012 @ 1:32 pm   30

I enjoyed this on my brothers PSP,remember playing pixeljunk eden on it.Lag was the killer,worked well streaming music into the garden,any real distance killed gaming.

I would be interested in seeing if the Gaikai tech plays a part in the future.Will PS3 run the streaming tech for PSV,or will our PS3 content be accessible by the PSV via Gaikai.

Great news, wasn’t expecting this for a few weeks, Vita really seems to be picking up steam. Can’t wait to get home and play god of war now. Might order ico too.

May be a buzz kill but remote play is pointless and never works properly

Everything I’ve used stutters and lags :/

Although I wouldn’t say no to the ICO collection and gow collection becoming cross play :3

CreditDue 5 September, 2012 @ 1:38 pm   33

Lower the price of the Ico colection and then we’ll talk.

@12 why not just buy another tv? You could probably get a 42″ HDTV for the cost of a Vita

chrisboers 5 September, 2012 @ 1:40 pm   34

You also forgot Foosball 2012, which is cross- buy and cross save (and cross play?)

rossthebassist 5 September, 2012 @ 1:43 pm   35

Remote play, PLAGED by the fact 99% of us have dynamic IP addresses with our broadband providers.

so i can be using it out and about and then suddenly my routers internet ip changes and i can’t reconnect.

Support for somthing like DynDNS or other i.p updater would help this system out greatly.

Then you have using remote play in my house. Well im in my house, so thanks but ill play on big tv.

Dont get me wrong its great news that remote play has got some ps3 titles at long last… but the feature is still not what it should be, and probably never will be. NOW using my PS3 as a gakai server to stream all games to my vita… that could be an intresting thought.

Great start, unfortunately I finished and traded GOW Collection 1, I do have Collection 2 waiting to be started, when can we expect an update for that?

Allthough great, original GOW collection needs 3d update more than this!

Trooper_D5X 5 September, 2012 @ 1:50 pm   38

doesn´t this work for the single game from psn for ico? There is no Patch available and remote play doesn´t work as well

@37 that depends on whether you have a 3D TV or a Vita, both or neither lol

INS1GHTFUL 5 September, 2012 @ 1:53 pm   40

god of war patch is up. I had a go on it and theres a major lag. I was only one room away (maybe metres) and it was unplayable. I really want this feature to work. I’ll try again later but so far disappointed

Any date on the Cross-Controller Pack for LBP2?

SaMuRaI-Dan 5 September, 2012 @ 2:07 pm   42

Just a quickieee, but i take “PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale” cross-buy function will be in the aspect of costumes, weapons etc. not infact you buy one digital version on the psn store and you get it on both?

Connor_mufc_1985 5 September, 2012 @ 2:08 pm   43

THIS ISNT OUR GAMESTORE UPDATE

I’ve finished everything in the first GoW collection but have hardly touched the origins collection so it’d be good to see that get the same support

INS1GHTFUL 5 September, 2012 @ 2:23 pm   45

ok i take it back. playing through the PS3 is giving me a major lag but over the internet it works perfectly.
this is awesome!

uberkakis 5 September, 2012 @ 2:37 pm   46

Can I access the PS3 PS Store via Remote Play on a Vita or PSP? Will I be able to download mu PS Plus content from another country, even if I don’t bring a PS3 with me?

please let us use our vita’s as ps3 controllers

AaronSOLDIER 5 September, 2012 @ 2:51 pm   48

Do it for Fallout 3 and I’ll buy a Vita just for that.

Carnivius_Prime 5 September, 2012 @ 3:03 pm   49

Nice I care not for Ico stuff but more ways to play games of God of War on the move are always welcome.

VictorAnalogy 5 September, 2012 @ 3:11 pm   50

Why is Sound Shapes in upcoming titles… I thought it was out already?

Load all