Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 2:00pm

Killzone Trilogy Coming Soon To PlayStation 3

killzone Trilogy_3D

Hello everyone. I’m very pleased to share with you news that I hope will bring some excitement to those readers with a predilection for all things Helghast and ISA and those who perhaps could well have in the very near future. I can confirm that 24th October will see the launch of Killzone Trilogy.

As you may ascertain from the Trilogy moniker, this forthcoming release will feature all three ground-breaking PS2 and PS3 titles that form the critically acclaimed Killzone triptych.

Here’s a rundown of what you can find contained within the appropriately dark and brooding box. Firstly, we have Killzone HD – which, as you may have guessed, is the curtain-raising original Killzone that kick-started the series, but now with a stunning HD makeover and full trophy support.

Killzone HD_1

Killzone HD_2 Killzone HD_3

In addition to Killzone HD, the package also includes Killzone 2, which brought an even more ambitious sense of scale, storytelling and action to the franchise. Finally, drawing matters to a dramatic climax, there’s the breath-taking last instalment – Killzone 3, providing a fittingly cinematic dénouement to the series.

Killzone 3_2 Killzone 3_4

Kilzone 3_3 Killzone 3_1

But that is not quite all. Not only will the Trilogy include the three titles, but the package will also include all the Killzone 2 and 3 multiplayer map packs free of charge. The full map package is as follows:

Killzone 2 Map Pack Bundle

• Steel & Titanium Map Pack
  • Flash & Thunder Map Pack
  • Napalm & Cordite Map Pack

KZ map 1

Killzone 3 Map Pack Bundle

• Killzone 3 Steel Rain Map Pack
  • Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack
  • Killzone 3 From The Ashes Map Pack

KZ map 2

Killzone Trilogy will launch at a RRP of €49.99/£40.84 and will be coming to a gaming outlet near you very soon. There will be regular news and information to come as we rumble towards launch, both here on PlayStation Blog and over on the official Killzone site.

Finally, check out the new Killzone Trilogy trailer, which we hope will whet the appetites of those yet to enjoy the Killzone experience and allow veterans of the series to relive some golden moments. Are you ready to take a trip to Helghan?

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

117 Comments 21 Author replies
Show oldest first

OH MY LORD!!! YES!!!:P ‘KillZone 1′ in HD with Trophies!!!:P
+ Will ‘KillZone 1′ be available on its own? On PSN? ;)

born2destroy 6 September, 2012 @ 2:11 pm   2

Will Killzone HD be for Purchase on it’s own, either from the shop or on the Playstation store?

As i already have killzone 2 & 3 with all map packs and only really want to purchase Killzone HD even though i have the ps2 version

Thanks

keep it PSN is dead

the case looks to be the thickness of 3 cases, does this mean that killzone HD will be on its own disc? if yes does that mean people who paid for 2 and 3 will be able to purchase it on its own via a disc or psn?

Michiel van der Leeuw 6 September, 2012 @ 2:18 pm

Killzone HD is on its own disc as part of the trilogy. It’s also available on its own, but only from the PS Store.

Will you be able to just buy Killzone 1 HD? If so what price will the be?

Killzone 1 HD with Trophy support WHHHHHAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Where did that come from?!

Zoomy-Ramen 6 September, 2012 @ 2:14 pm   7

Oh wow, you had me until the price…£40..Are you serious?

£40 is a bit much don’t you think?

Michiel van der Leeuw 6 September, 2012 @ 2:16 pm   9

Killzone 1 will be available on it’s own as well from the PSN store.

Might get this just for the awesome box.

Pin-Pin-Ire 6 September, 2012 @ 2:21 pm   11

Finally I can play Killzone on my PS3. I think including 2 and 3 is a bit superfluous though since us fans already have it.

Also with the release of this, Guerilla Games should restore the Killzone History page on their website. It was removed some time ago and it had the entire history of the Killzone Universe. New fans should know of the story that led to the Killzone trilogy.

Ahh that sucks, would of bought the new HD remake if it was on its own, I already have both killzone 2,3. And I aint buying them all again just for the first one :p

Demonized 6 September, 2012 @ 2:27 pm   13

For £40 that’s a good deal, 3 games and 6 DLC map packs. Factor in that places like Shopto.net will likely sell it even cheaper and it’s even better.

7# It’s the RRP… So you will be able to find it for like £30.

£40.84? Whats that all about?

Cool

Will all of them support Move or is it just killzone 3?

Michiel van der Leeuw 6 September, 2012 @ 2:33 pm

It’s just Killzone 3 that supports the move.

The Killzone 2 and 3 versions are the originals including all DLC packs.

Killzone HD is a new conversion for PS3 with Trophies and quite a bit of updated content.

TINTINTB303 6 September, 2012 @ 2:31 pm   18

@mdogg91

You will be able to get KZ1 HD from the PS Store as a stand alone download.

TINTIN :-)

why is the first game being sold on a disc only with the trilogy, once again screwing over people who bought these games brand new

Andrefpvs 6 September, 2012 @ 2:32 pm   20

Hi Michiel, may you please tell me if the map packs will be on the discs or if they will be downloadable with a voucher? Thanks.

Reality_palez 6 September, 2012 @ 2:33 pm   21

I hope they have update killzone 1&2′s controls so they are like killzone 3

Michiel van der Leeuw 6 September, 2012 @ 2:36 pm

We’ve updated Killzone 1′s controls to be more in line with the rest of the series and to account for the fact that the SIXAXIS and DualShock 3 are of better quality than the original PlayStation 2 controller.

almighty-slayer 6 September, 2012 @ 2:34 pm   22

Just buy Killzone 1. Save yourself money and get the only good game in the series :)

Tailor-DKS 6 September, 2012 @ 2:36 pm   23

Will the Killzone Trilogy be released in Germany?

Michiel van der Leeuw 6 September, 2012 @ 2:36 pm

Confirmation on release in Germany and Austria will be provided shortly

Bumblebee 6 September, 2012 @ 2:36 pm   24

I’d love Killzone 1 on disc but I’ve already got 2 & 3… spent quite a lot to get the limited edition KZ3 too so I don’t really want to make it superfluous by getting this box set… shame it’s only on PSN individually, I’m seriously running low on disc space even though I have a 640GB drive!

Any chance of a limited release of KZ1 boxed on its own? For the true fans who have the others and would like to complete the trilogy? Please don’t make me buy all 3 again!

As for the guy moaning about it being £40RRP… it’s THREE GAMES you dolt! And DLC! It’s a great price!

Will there be any vita remote play, maybe for killzone hd?

22# Killzone 2 had the best controls!

Bumblebee 6 September, 2012 @ 2:42 pm   27

I has question!

I have KZ2 & 3 but not the map packs, and I’d love KZ1 on disc…

So my question is… are the discs the same as the KZ2 & 3 boxed releases, with the map packs as DLC codes… or is the DLC content included on the discs already?

The reason I ask this is because I would consider buying this box set and giving the KZ2 & 3 discs to a friend (because I have steelbook KZ2 and Helghast Edition KZ3) IF they are the “standard” releases… and keeping the DLC codes for me.

This would be perfect. But if they are “new” versions I’d be less inclined to do this.

And if they’re “Platinum” boxes, you can keep ‘em! I hate Platinum releases and their horrid boxes! Mind you I’d feel even less bad about giving them away then…

Ooh @26

That’s a good question

Comrade-Bozzey 6 September, 2012 @ 2:44 pm   29

I’m kinda shocked to hear that KZ3 was the end. Atl east this post makes it sound like that. So that’s it for Helghan, that’s how the empire ends ???

On another note £40 for all 3 I think is a deal considering you get 3 games and 6 packs of DLC and a HD upgraded and trophy supported game. It probably works out at like just under £15 for each game, which is decent imo.

Michiel van der Leeuw 6 September, 2012 @ 2:52 pm

We just announced Killzone Mercenary for PS Vita! So you have something to go on for a while :)

mulletboyjay 6 September, 2012 @ 2:45 pm   30

OMG! Yes! Think I will just get KZ HD though as I have the others with the DLC (and even KZ MP).

You say there’s no chance of remote play for the Vita, but what about it being copied to the Vita? It is essentially just an upscaled PS1 game, surely…

Michiel van der Leeuw 6 September, 2012 @ 2:52 pm

Actually, it was a PS2 game. And we did a little more work to it than just upscaling..

It’s an interesting thought though..

will this trilogy be avalible on the ps store?

The problem is of course that most people will already have 2 and 3 if they already wanted them.

I’d buy the original Killzone on disc but on PSN…not so sure.

Very urgent question!!!!!

Is Killzone 1′s split screen multiplayer (with bots) still intact in the HD version?

Please say yes :(

Michiel van der Leeuw 6 September, 2012 @ 2:53 pm

YES! And I can tell you that if you liked the original, you’ll like this better. The PS3 really does it more justice..

Awesome! Now I can play the first Killzone, and in HD too!
Definitely buying this from the PS store, since I already have two and three.

One thing that upset me though was that you called Killzone 3 the last installment? Does this mean that there definitely won’t be a Killzone 4? :(

carlsfender54 6 September, 2012 @ 2:50 pm   35

ten ps vita y ps2 ahora quiero un ps3

carlsfender54 6 September, 2012 @ 2:50 pm   36

ten ps vita y ps2 ahora quiero un ps3

lowrider007 6 September, 2012 @ 2:51 pm   37

This is awesome news, I’ve never got around to playing the original KZ, glad it will be available to DD.

What will be the framerate of the HD remake?

Michiel van der Leeuw 6 September, 2012 @ 2:55 pm

Killzone HD is running at the same specs as the other two in the trilogy. It runs 30 FPS at 720p native without any frame drops.

Has the framerate been improved since the original PS2 version ?

Michiel van der Leeuw 6 September, 2012 @ 2:59 pm

Yes, quite significantly. Not to say bad things about the original, but this one is a lot better!

Pin-Pin-Ire 6 September, 2012 @ 2:55 pm   39

Does Guerilla Games have any plans to restore the webpage that had the history of the Killzone universe? People that buy the trilogy may want to know the complex story behind the KZ universe.

BossDooley 6 September, 2012 @ 2:56 pm   40

What are the Killzone trophies like?
Why did you take out the secondary fire of the guns in K2 and K3?I loved that!!

TroubleMaker411 6 September, 2012 @ 2:57 pm   41

Stupid question.

I really don’t want to get rid on my steel books for KZ 2 and 3, will they fit into what looks like a boxset with 3 seperate boxes in it?

hitman_stephen 6 September, 2012 @ 2:57 pm   42

The origional Killzone 1 had split screen multiplayer maps and such, are they still on there with split screen?

i had been telling my gf about killzone 1 and how i loved it and played the split screen with friends and family allll the time, now i can get a chance to show her! (whether she likes it or not)

Michiel van der Leeuw 6 September, 2012 @ 3:00 pm

Yes, the splitscreen option is still in, we enjoyed it quite a lot at the office here as well. I hope your gf likes it too ;-)

It is great to see you on the blog Michiel! You should join twitter!

Can I just say you are a technical genius :)

Guerrilla games get stronger and stronger with every release.

Killzone 3 is still the best looking shooter on a console! I was just playing multiplayer last night on Bilgarsk Boulevard and nothing comes close to your art-direction, audio, effects, and all-round technical wizardry. Also, the fact that KZ3 is one of few shooters to actually render in HD 720p speaks volumes…

So I’m delighted that you have gone back and redone the original Killzone in HD – I cannot wait to play it again on my PS3.

Looking forward to your next project.

regards

TroubleMaker411 6 September, 2012 @ 2:59 pm   44

ooh ooh.
Another one.

Any chance of bringing KZ:Liberation to PSN/disc (a la god of war origins disc) for us that didn’t play the psp version?

killerbrian007 6 September, 2012 @ 3:03 pm   45

Is killzone also going to be as vita version?

Michiel van der Leeuw 6 September, 2012 @ 3:09 pm

We recently announced a brand new Killzone game especially designed for PS Vita: Killzone Mercenary

dark_angel69 6 September, 2012 @ 3:05 pm   46

Been a long time since I heard about Killzone one being in HD. Didn’t think it would be out anytime soon. Am looking forward to it. However i wish Killzone 1 would come out on disc on its own as I already have the others on disc. I’m not much of a buying from ps store fan and certainly wouldn’t buy the trilogy just for 1 game so can have it on disc. Like to save my space for games i get with ps+

Croaker_1 6 September, 2012 @ 3:05 pm   47

Did stereoscopic 3D make it into KZ1 HD?

in the light of this news any chance we can see killzone liberation working on vita? americans can play their psp copies fine, why cant we? :(

Will the much talked about Nurbs in Killzone 1 revolutionise graphics as we know it?

Also, thanks again for naming a Killzone 2 level section after me (‘Wollan’s View’).

lowrider007 6 September, 2012 @ 3:07 pm   50

Has the audio been upgraded in Killzone HD at all?, sounds effects, 5.1 etc?

Load all