Posted 6 September

Try Music Unlimited Premium Free For 60 Days

Music Unlimited

For a limited time period Sony Entertainment Network is offering customers the opportunity to try the Music Unlimited Premium service for two months at no cost. If you haven’t tried the service before, now’s your chance!

Listen to millions and millions of songs any time you like, from the latest hits to the classics that inspired them. Choose any album or song you want to hear or sit back and enjoy Music Unlimited’s numerous channels, all of which come with no annoying ad interruptions. No Signal? No Problem! Use the offline feature on your PS Vita to listen to playlists anywhere.

Once you’ve signed up you can enjoy the Music Unlimited premium service across a huge variety of devices, from your Xperia to your Bravia internet-enabled TV, your iPhone to your PC.

To try it out, just go to the Music Unlimited icon on your PlayStation device and choose the 60-day trial option.

Please note the offer is only open to users who have not previously subscribed to any Music Unlimited premium subscriptions or Music Unlimited premium free trials, and you must be age 18 or over. Credit card details are required. Unless you cancel your subscription prior to the end of the 60-day Subscription Trial, your subscription will automatically renew into a paid-for 30-day subscription. See www.eu.playstation.com/legal for full terms and conditions.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

33 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

VictorAnalogy 6 September, 2012 @ 10:10 am   1

For the record, I think that auto-renewing a subscription off the back of a free trial is one of the sleaziest, most underhanded business practices out there.

If you want to offer a free trial then why ask for credit card details? Unless of course, the point is for people to forget that they have to cancel and get a cheeky extra months subscription.

Quick question. Last week there was a change in the subscription model it seems. Can you maybe provide some more info/specific details?

I now use MU (full subscription) on my PS3/PC and sometimes Vita/Android. If I switch to the basic plan now, will I still have all my playlists/library albums, or is this still the same?

how about giving us video unlimited SCEA had it for ages with their video store?

good point victor it just disgraceful & illegal but that SCEE for you they made excuess of why EU cant have content like SCEA HAS due to issues but basicly it alright to do this way of what they doing.

SONY you should send people a email just before the free 60 days are up so they can cancel(if they want) it. Because the last time i did it i didn’t realize that it would keep going(i.e they will start taking money out of your bank account) & i lost £9.99(i thought i got hacked at the time) :-/ Apart from that ‘Music Unlimited’ is cool tho;)

Why do i need a Credit card? if its free then why the hell do i need to put bank account details on this stupid service? FORGET IT. IM NOT USING THIS AWFULL SERVICE!

Sorry but I’m not useing my credit card for this look what happen last time when play station network got hacked, if it for free why do I have to use it I’m with @davie222 on this one

European_Gamer 6 September, 2012 @ 10:57 am   8

I did try the 30 trial on my PS3, you should make it so it’s also possible to get a 30 trial on the Vita if you’ve only used the 30 days on PS3.

andrusenko1996 6 September, 2012 @ 11:30 am   9

Y U NO tell in what countries Music Unlimited is available?

I like the service, but it could be slightly discounted for PS+ users.

I hope that eventually the service will become available in Austria sometime too.

are you sure this on AE?

bennyrafal 6 September, 2012 @ 12:13 pm   13

in Poland too ?

Don’t understand the issues with people crying about having to provide credit card details. Any trial service I’ve used over the last 3 years have worked in the exact same way.

As long as you are made aware that you will be billed if you fail to cancel it the company (not just Sony, any other company such as even Netflix of Lovefilm) is perfectly fine. It’s your responsibility to cancel it and choose that you don’t want to continue with the service. As long as you’re not an idiot you won’t be charged.

With that said though I do like the idea Carl-G suggested in that people are given an email coming up to the end of the free trial as a reminder. That should be pretty standard for trials just as providing payment info is standard for pretty much every free trial for every service in existence just now. People hating on Sony for requiring billing details like it’s only them that do it. Catch yourself on lads.

Jeez, all services like this ask for credit card details before you can sign up!! What’s with the moaning?

@Demonized & frodouk. Just because everybody else does it doesn’t mean it’s ok. It’s a crappy way of getting money off people, whether it be Sony or any other company.

Still not the 6 month free the US got.
No thanks.

I’ve tried it before, the music selection is quite poor so I only used it to upload my own library for use across all devices. This was handy but the subscription is too much for something which only provides me with a simple convenience.

And it’s not available in Ukraine. Well, not the first time.

fauxtronic 6 September, 2012 @ 1:57 pm   20

Cripes, £10 quid a month.

All these subs add up don’t they?

LoveFilm + NetFlix + MUBI + various MMOGs + PS+ + this + that + everything else.

Even MUBI’s new subscription price seems rather inflated compared to other streaming services which have more to choose from – including a wider range of independent and foreign films.

DrSHREEVEERA 6 September, 2012 @ 2:04 pm   21

Why isn’t it available on the INDIAN PSN Store??

I wanna Subscribe to it..
I’m sad.

vonhammer 6 September, 2012 @ 2:11 pm   22

I enjoyed the trial we got last christmas,every song,or album I looked for was there.From Prince’s Batman soundtrack,Afroman,Pink Floyd and even Scooter’s first album.

Price is the killer,especially in comparison with other services.If it was £5 a month,and both netflix and this cost me tenner,you’d have my money each month.

Demonized 6 September, 2012 @ 2:19 pm   23

@dose_uk – Don’t get me wrong, not requiring billing details would ofcourse be preferable, would never argue against that and as much as people (me included) may not like the current system over the one we’d all prefer that’s just the way it is unfortunately.

It’s so simple to avoid paying anything though. Anyone who is signing up to a service like this no doubt has a smartphone or tablet ot PC/Mac with the capability of setting a reminder or even an old school diary. Set a reminder or diary entry to review your subscription just before the trial is due to end and bingo no unwanted charges.

Is the preferable or most convenient way? Absolutely not and I’m all for not requiring billing details for a trial, but at the moment for these services it’s the best and only way, otherwise people risk unwanted charges.

It sucks but just have to deal with the situation as best we can while at the same time making opinions heard in a constructive way, constructive opinions are more likely to be paid attention to than someone raging in caps lock which contrary to popular belif is not cruise control for cool lol.

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 6 September, 2012 @ 2:59 pm   24

Great service – took advantage of the 60 day trial last Christmas and recently subscribed having got a new Android phone (offline playback is available on that too).

I just wish offline playback was available on the PlayStation 3 and XMB (make it expire with the subscription like Plus content does), so it can be played back during games which support custom playlists.

hitman_stephen 6 September, 2012 @ 3:03 pm   25

Got it playing now, just cycling through metal and rock tracks :)
Not bad, sadly i wont keep the subscription as i have bought loads of music from iTunes that i’ve got on the vita, but if i had no music already then i’d consider getting it!

Definitely worth a try with the free trial and all guys!

SherrifNL 6 September, 2012 @ 3:40 pm   26

I have a question.
Why can’t the service be aquired by using a playstation network card i want the service but have no access to a creditcard.

VictorAnalogy 6 September, 2012 @ 3:55 pm   27

I’m certainly not suggesting that Sony are the only ones doing it, but it is totally unnecessary and is only done to catch people out.

I’m not even averse to giving them my payment details, but I do think that some sort of positive action should be required before they start taking money. Just sending a message saying “Hope you enjoyed the trial if you would like to continue using the service please log into your account and check a box or email this address.” or something.

When will be available in Greece????

wiktorclunk 11 September, 2012 @ 1:44 pm   29

When POLAND ????????????????????????

I dont really care about giving card details for it as its a standard practice… BUT…. I’m happy sticking the free Vidzone thank you.

nik666uk 1 October, 2012 @ 9:27 pm   31

EVERY subscription service want card details, It’s to make sure you have a bank account and are able to get direct debit, Nothing sleazy about it!

Thorpe89 2 October, 2012 @ 1:21 am   32

@VictorAnalogy No, it isn’t sleazy really. It’s needed because people would abuse the free trial. Same thing applies to services like Spotify and Netflix. Please don’t jump to conclusions.

mjoood--2000 4 October, 2012 @ 7:53 pm   33