Posted 1:00pm

We want your feedback!

Hey everyone. If you cast your memories back to July, you may remember that we ran a post asking for your feedback on PlayStation’s web presence via an online survey.

While we started the survey in the UK, we absolutely wanted to get feedback from as many of our readers as we could. And you were pretty keen on letting us know that you wanted to contribute!

So, while it’s taken a little while for us to extend this across the continent, I’m pleased to announce that the survey is now open to readers in France, Italy, Germany, Spain and Australia. And if you live in the UK, there’s another chance to complete the survey – you’ll be pleased to hear that it’s shorter and a little more user-friendly than the previous version…

If you can spare the time, please click on your country below to complete the survey.

France
Italy
Germany
Spain
Australia
UK

The results of the questionnaire will help us get a better idea of how you all feel about PlayStation Blog, PlayStation.com, Facebook and our other sites and, ultimately, will help us make them better for you.

Thank you all for your patience while we’ve been rolling this out, thanks to all of our UK readers who have taken the time to respond and – if you’ve yet to complete the survey – thank you in advance for taking the time to let us know what you think! All constructive feedback – be it positive or negative – is much appreciated.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

102 Comments 16 Author replies
Show oldest first

AntiFrank 8 October, 2012 @ 1:09 pm   1

No NZ? :(

I know my opinion doesn’t seem to count but here go’s nothing… Before talking website and how to improve them let me start by talking BROWSER the PS3 browser worked ok i guess in 2007 but time moved on and less and less is working on it. So please update it so my fridge isn’t soon giving a better browser expirience. TY

Killer_Paul 8 October, 2012 @ 1:16 pm   3

Ireland??

DayDr3emrs 8 October, 2012 @ 1:21 pm   4

the link for Australia appears to be broken.

same go’s for the vita browser… it doesn’t even use the tillt functionality [DELETED]!?

abdirizak007 8 October, 2012 @ 1:28 pm   6

Come On Fred answer me :’( have you talk to the product manager about Sly demo? Please answer me :’(

Fred Dutton 8 October, 2012 @ 1:31 pm

Yes, she’s checking for me. If I get firm word back, I’ll pass it on.

Chocobo115 8 October, 2012 @ 1:31 pm   7

Thank you for clarifying that my opinion has no value for SCEE and that you think of me as a 3rd rate customer at best.

but anyways things I have thought of, as a 3rd rate customer, is the following.

1) SCEE need somewhere to report issues that occurs for the users. As it is now we have to wait for the PS store update blog post to report bugs, problems with the store and similar issues. Some kind of standard formulas to quicky report and send in to SCEE would be nice.

2) Need to ensure that content is released in all regions where there is interest. Publishers shouldn’t be allowed to cherrypick which countries online content should be released in unless it makes perfect sense not to. (Games written/spoken in german should ofc not get released in UK unless there’s superhigh demand for it, countries where the content is against the laws of the country)

Chocobo115 8 October, 2012 @ 1:31 pm   8

3) Pricing, pricing pricing! We in Eu end up paying a lot more than in US. You need to educate the publishers that euro doesn’t equal dollar. so they can’t make a 1 to 1 converstion.
The PSN releases of retail games are an shining example of this. I have NEVER seen the digital release beeing chaper than the shiny physical copy.
You also has to convince the publishers to drop the price of contents more often, I see games several years old, and they still cost as much as when they were first released. If they cut the price the publishers will have an easier time to scoop up thoose on the fence about buying the paticular game.

If i can coome up with more i’ll add it later.

joushikijin 8 October, 2012 @ 1:42 pm   9

What about Ireland?

Brodiesan 8 October, 2012 @ 1:52 pm   10

Countries: AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ

Fred, why is this post in the IE and NZ channels when this survey is denied for users in these regions?

Do you not know how infuriating and disrespectful this is?

As blog manager, this falls to you to get right.

Why is it that when it comes to basic customer service you guys fail. Every. Single. Time?

Once again, I am left disappointed and dismayed by the lack of foresight and care by SCEUK staff. I would like to hear your explanation regarding this. I truly do. Please respond.

Fred Dutton 8 October, 2012 @ 2:13 pm

That’s a basic automated issue with our publishing system. It shouldn’t have gone out like that and you have my apologies.

If anyone from those regions not listed in the post has feedback to give we absolutely do want to hear it. Feel free to post constructive criticism here and it will be read by the people that matter.

Take note – this survey is focussed on our web sites – the blog, playstation.com, Twitter, facebook etc. so if you could limit your comments to that area it would be helpful in making sure it gets noticed. There are plenty of other opportunities during your average week on the Blog to discuss other areas of business (the store, pricing, etc), so let’s stay on topic. Thanks everyone.

almighty-slayer 8 October, 2012 @ 1:53 pm   11

@7 if you’ve never seen a digital copy cheaper than physical, you haven’t been looking hard enough. SCEE have priced quite a few retail games (both PS3 and Vita) a lot lower than retail. Also, they’ve had a fair few sales on digital retail games that have made them cheaper than retail. Sometimes considerably so.

Can we expect this to expand to other countries?
What kind of age we live in, where only a few select countries can answer surveys… :(

bennyrafal 8 October, 2012 @ 2:00 pm   13

Poland?

Brodiesan 8 October, 2012 @ 2:00 pm   14

Shameful. How long does it take to translate a survey? Why isn’t the survey available in Ireland where the majority of people speak English? And New Zealand?

Why not release the survey in English and let people in Nordic countries, who have a very high proportion of English-speaking people, contribute in English if they want to?

Again SCEUK perpetuates the ideology that, as long as people in the UK (and sometimes some other regions) are taken care of, screw the other European countries.

And don’t forget, Fred, you have 46 hours to post when the Video Store is rolling out to the neglected regions or you lose our bet. (somehow, I think my money is safe).

sakulukk 8 October, 2012 @ 2:01 pm   15

Wow my vote doesn’t count?

Well I’ll try anyway….

1. Stop with the silly requirement to translate the metadata to every single EU language, it kills niche market! it totally killed it in Poland, can’t even find Disc copies of NISA games as no one cares to even import as we all know that there won’t be any DLC coming. Either do something with this or remove Credit Card restrictions so that gamers in affected countries can still buy this stuff.

2. Avatars – why can’t we use avatars bought on a different account/region on the same PS3? Doesn’t make any sense.

3. Prices and sales; Prices are way too high, sales are poor, 20% sale on a year old games is silly…

4. Why did Sony block our ability to use EU Credit Cards in US? Yeah, to force us to buy in our own region… Problem is, what we have here is nothing compared to JP and USA plus the prices.

5. Also I don’t like how clearly western countries are treated better then rest of the EU (even if it isn’t the case; this is how I feel after every single store update).

Brodiesan 8 October, 2012 @ 2:03 pm   16

Ha! The NZ channel has been removed but the IE one hasn’t.

Keep going, guys, you’ll get it right eventually.

Brodiesan 8 October, 2012 @ 2:11 pm   17

And now we’re down to AU and GB. What about France, Italy, Germany, and Spain?

This is like watch a train crash in slow motion.

Fred Dutton 8 October, 2012 @ 2:14 pm

All those surveys are open – click on the links above, or go to the local versions of those blogs to access them.

Far better structure than in your first attempt Fred. Glad that you registered and fixed criticized points.
The only gripe that I had with the current version was that I couldn’t differ between the EU/UK and DE blog versions. I think there was only one single question that asked if I’d be satisfied with the efforts shown on the localized version.

Had some problems to decide how I should rate the qualities of some parts of the blog, when I’d have given this blog a great rating and the other one … less so.

One year ago I considered this blog to be good and the german version decent, which was an acceptable balance.
Since then Ross, Jawad and you have done a great job and really improved communication for the most part.

Roland Fauster did exactly the opposite, he went 99,99% silent for about half a year and the remaining moderators offered nothing more than “I’ll ask/forward that”. It’s a shame when official representatives have no clue and know less than half of the customers visiting the blog. Obviously communication between the teams is lacking. And the motivation of the german team to gather (or share) information on their own is also questionable.

I didn’t meet the criteria 10% into the questionaire?? [DELETED]!!??? I shouldn’t have to meet a criteria if you want my feedback! Awful! >:(

Prem-aka-Prince 8 October, 2012 @ 2:27 pm   20

Hey Fred, just one thing I’m not clear about. Are we (UK) encouraged to complete the new survey even if we completed the old one? I’m assuming those responses were not for nothing, but perhaps filling out the new format will be more useful for direct comparisons between the countries. (And if it’s much shorter and more simple then it shouldn’t be a problem to recomplete.)

Fred Dutton 8 October, 2012 @ 2:37 pm

If you filled in the old one, fear not, your responses are saved and noted. If you have additional feedback to make, or didn’t make it to the end of the last one, or just really like filling in surveys (is that just me?), then feel free to go around again!

DayDr3emrs 8 October, 2012 @ 2:28 pm   21

@Fred thanks. Aust. is now working fine.

RenoTonakai 8 October, 2012 @ 2:31 pm   22

What about The Netherlands? :/

Fred Dutton 8 October, 2012 @ 2:41 pm

Sorry that we haven’t been able to roll this out to every single territory yet. Like I said above, if you do have any constructive insight into what we’re doing wrong/right with the Blog, playstation.com, Twitter and Facebook, feel free to post it here and I’ll make sure it gets passed on to our researchers.

Falcon1991 8 October, 2012 @ 2:32 pm   23

OK I just gave my feedback. One thing I’ll put here but I know’ll be tricky is:

PLEASE try & get games out the SAME week as they are in the USA.

I’m not naive, I know stuff goes down differently there but it’d be such a good thing & you wouldn’t get us b*tching about CS:GO, Dyad, Capcom avatars etc.

Oh & honestly TRY & get publishers to stop with these sickening game prices. Any normal edition game SHOULDN’T be over 39.99 pounds.

Rant over.

Fred Dutton 8 October, 2012 @ 2:40 pm

Thanks chief, your effort is appreciated. Though the Store isn’t really the subject of this survey, please know that improving it is a big focus at SCEE and you should see the fruits of that soon!

Nick_Bester 8 October, 2012 @ 2:41 pm   24

South Africa (& other countries/regions from some of the comments on here) always seem to be excluded from many things… This feedback for one, many of the competitions you run, etc.

I’m well aware there are legalities in every specific country when it comes to certain things, but then get representation in that country to sort this out!

It boils down to the fact that if everyone’s money is good enough to buy the hardware & software, they should get equal participation opportunity irrespective of where they are from!

Falcon1991 8 October, 2012 @ 2:41 pm   25

Yeah sorry Fred I only just saw that after I posted. Fail.

Nazar_Ops 8 October, 2012 @ 2:42 pm   26

And again no Sweden or Russia. Da fudge Fred?! You didnt even manage to fix the previous questions for the other EU countries. That was months ago!

Chaosprower 8 October, 2012 @ 2:43 pm   27

This is my feedback: Make an option to upgrade subaccounts into main accounts when the user turns over 18 years old. It’s shameful that there isn’t still an option, when Xbox Live has done it for years. Subaccounts can’t make payments directly, and for some reason Music Unlimited doesn’t work with subaccounts. And no, making a new one isn’t an option when you have spent hundred of euros with your subaccount.

sharron45 8 October, 2012 @ 2:45 pm   28

having big problems with near on ps vits getting right annoyed tryed all sorts real fed up iusing wifi one any one got any ideas please

The blog is outdated technically. No way to change your reply or reply on a reply, etc.
But the most important thing, it misses respect.
Respect from Sony to their customer to come forward and explain why the store is broken, games are days, weeks or month late or why every store update at least 5 things go wrong and what they are doing to fix it. We get ignored or get non answers because our beloved Fred, Jawad, etc are instructed to not tell us.
The reaction is disrespect from the customers because they feel Sony doesn’t understand gamers or aren’t doing anything to fix the problem.
I for one will wait buying a PS4 and wait to see what MS and Sony are offering for the next generation, who is getting the best deals and does most for me in my country.
I loved the exclusive from Sony this generation so I will end up eventually picking up a PS4 if it’s this good next generation but only after 4 or 5 years and if they got more professional in handling their customers.

Nazar_Ops 8 October, 2012 @ 2:46 pm   30

Sony is slowly dying. We all know it.. They cant even sort this out!

SSJ3_Bob_Marley 8 October, 2012 @ 3:05 pm   31

*Fred Dutton, I’d like a reply of yours to make sure this piece of feedback is forwarded to the staff in charge. Thanks.*

Even though NL isn’t on the list, I’ll give feedback anyway because I’m one of the millions of customers that you are ignoring right now. I urge others whose countries are also not on the list to voice their concerns as well, that’s our right.

The Good:
- PlayStation+ has great value, keep it up by adding more classic games and newer retail titles. You can’t keep offering the same games for free, so the collection has to stay fresh to get people hooked. Discounts and game trials are also good.

The Bad:
- The store layout and management. If titles aren’t missing, they’re probably placed in the wrong categories. Hire someone with an OCD for organizing and get everything fixed, for the love of your consumers. Tomba has a Swedish description instead of a Dutch/English one like everything else. What the hell?

The “What needs to be added”:
- There needs to be a webstore where people can login with their SEN account only to buy things or add it to their wallet without using their PS3. Media Go only covers content that can be put on your PSP.

Fred Dutton 8 October, 2012 @ 3:18 pm

Reply noted – and appreciated – but please see my above comment re. staying on topic.

@FRED

it’s the same retarded countries as it was in july!!!
nice 2 see how little SCEE cares about the other countries should have gone xbox from the start!!

seriously SCEE is the most useless company in europe should get a prize for not caring about it’s consumers.

Fred Dutton 8 October, 2012 @ 3:21 pm

No need for that sort of language. The survey was initially restricted to UK when we first ran it in July. It’s now going out to France, Italy, Spain, Germany and Australia too.

SSJ3_Bob_Marley 8 October, 2012 @ 3:14 pm   33

The “This is hopeless and I don’t think it will ever be changed”:
- SCEE is waaaaay too fragmented and isolated. CS:GO is a big title, yet we still don’t have it. Not to mention countless of other PS1/2/P games. We miss out on so many things.

We are loyal gamers who are willing to help you by offering feedback so we can get better service, but you don’t even bother to collect all of it. It doesn’t make you guys look good at all. I know the community managers take all the heat, it’s bad for you too.

We complain because we care and because it can be beneficial to both Sony and its gamers. We complained when PS+ wasn’t worth many people’s money and as a result, Sony stepped up with the YIGC and subscriptions suddenly skyrocketed. That’s the kind of success that we want to see and makes use proud to be a Sony gamer. We invested a lot of time and money into you and we’ve come so far that it wouldn’t make sense for many of us to abandon the Sony train and hop on the Xbox train. It’s up to SCEE whether we are the nagging passengers or the happy ones.(end.)

they are hoping ppl will forget CS:GO so they won’t have 2 bother releasing it like so many games.

Something else that came too short in the survey: the forum.

Major reasons why I barely use it:
1. It’s a pain in the *beep* when you run NoScript.
2. Even worse: it is slow as hell.
Which is especially an huge pleasure when it isn’t easy to find your way around the forum.
3. The chances to find an official reply or solution are marginally above 0.

S-o-h-a-i-l 8 October, 2012 @ 3:23 pm   36

Just completed it myself.

Quick question Fred – have the prizes for last weeks weekend debate (the shirts and bag) been sent out ? When can we expect them ? Thanks :)

Fred Dutton 8 October, 2012 @ 3:26 pm   37

Ah, I packaged those up and mailed them out this morning so expect them in the next day or two.

@FRED

srry for stating facts you guys neglect any other country except those on the list. and with zero improvments in 5 years i’d say you guys deserve every Criticism possible. you guys don’t need a survey 2 so how horrible your service’s is, it’s been stated at nearly every store update by many users.

Prem-aka-Prince 8 October, 2012 @ 3:27 pm   39

Quoted Fred: “If you … just really like filling in surveys (is that just me?), then feel free to go around again!”
lol, not just you… did it again, seems much improved, though the ‘how much do you spend’ question sucker-punched me yet again xD

Lozjudai 8 October, 2012 @ 3:29 pm   40

It would be awesome if america, japan and Europe had the same store so everyone would get the games at the same time so there would not be any more stupid things that america would get a game and we would still have to wait for it.
(As and example Counter Strike Global Offensive game that has been in America all most 2 months)

chrisboers 8 October, 2012 @ 3:31 pm   41

Ok, here are some comments from me on the PS Web presence. As I don’t know the contents of the survey, I have to present my own ideas.

Blog:
Positive: I find that the blog managers are very active, responsive and have a great positive attitude, even though their hands are often tied (CS:GO). They provide great content and background info. They listen to us gamers and try to respond accordingly.
I love the content presented in general.

Negative: Sloppy. This might be due to fragmentation or work pressure, but quite often wrong info is communicated. Example: A new game is presented with a rebate for PS Plus, and then Jawad presents the Store update, and there are other prices listed.

Forum:
Positive: great place to talk about our favorite subjects: Sony software and hardware and games.
Negative:
Split up in languages, and therefore can be quite empty. Also, contests there are limited to that country.

General:
Communication is very fragmented (Blog, web, forum, facebook,…)

@chrisboers

Thanks dude. Considering your fellow countrymen I already feared that the dutch would attempt to be the new superior whiners in Europe. Thought that job had been officially nailed to my people. ;)

AntiFrank 8 October, 2012 @ 3:36 pm   43

I like how we’re now getting more blog posts about various things and the tweets by @PlayStationEU linking to them are also more detailed (is this your doing, Fred? Or is it just a coincidence? If it is your doing, then I love you :P )

I think there needs to be a better way to present important updates to blog posts.

Currently, they’ll get posted as comments, or sometimes edited in, and as soon as that blog post is off the main page that becomes a real pain to keep track off. I think only a small fraction of your customers ever see them. Some way to draw attention to updates that don’t warrant a whole new blog post would be appreciated.

Fred Dutton 8 October, 2012 @ 3:43 pm

Yes, that’s a good point, and something we’ll definitely look to do in future Store posts. I’ll have a chat with Jawad about that now actually.

SSJ3_Bob_Marley 8 October, 2012 @ 3:41 pm   45

@Fred: Thanks for forwarding it, I tried my best to cut all the feedback down to two posts and the forum complaint was axed in the process, haha. I agree with the others that the forums need to be streamlined and simplified in design. The forum posts have no horizontal breathing space; everything is so squished, it’s annoying to scroll through. It takes me 7 scrolls to wade through 10 posts that don’t even have much text content. On any other forum with the same content, it takes 2. It’s too crowded and filled with insignificant things, it’s especially bad when you start seeing quoteboxes and have to scroll even more. This blog has the same layout, the viewing experience can be much better if that rubbish on the right is placed somewhere else and less vertical space is wasted.

Vannaa_Girl 8 October, 2012 @ 3:41 pm   46

I am a Colombian chica but i live in the UK so i took the UK survey.

I would like to see greater intergration with games, stores and sites although i guess the world of copyright will never allow this.

Sony has dropped their game in the past but they are an amazing brand and i enjoy supporting them, reading their blogs forums and buying games.

I still think psn is the best store and enjoy coming here and spending my money with Sony even if things can go unanswered and frustrating getting games our neighbours often have but we never see.

Looking forward to next gen with Sony :)

pont_amott 8 October, 2012 @ 3:45 pm   47

It would be nice if you’d include others in exactly these sort of things and not limit it to the holy circle of France, Italy, Germany, Spain, (or just the) UK. No wonder jokes on the net are that SCEE should be called SCEUK.

What I’m saying is expand the audience to other countries, you don’t have to translate anything. Do you guys really think that people who can’t speak English come here and stare at their monitors clueless? Just make it available for everyone who can speak English and then gradually release translations if you feel like it.

I get it that those countries probably spend more than whole Middle-Eastern Europe combined, but c’mon we are just as your customers as Otto from Germany is.

Also on Facebook, never ever do a “Like if you…” post. That’s stupid.

superpatchy66 8 October, 2012 @ 4:03 pm   48

The survey does not work with a Vita. It crashes about 6 questions in. I’ve tried it several times and it fails everytime.
It’s the long question asking where you buy your games, look for help and read blogs etc. It does not let you progress.
I used tbe UK link, but I suspect it’s the same for all Countries.

@pont_amott That’s the Dutch flag, dear friend, or the Netherlands, that unimportant country that gave us Killzone, not German. But you are right and have a great point.

VitalogyPJ 8 October, 2012 @ 4:10 pm   50

I really can’t understand why isn’t this already available to ALL European countries -.-

Load all