Posted 11:39am

Ghost Recon Future Soldier: Khyber Strike DLC available today

Hi Ghosts! I’m happy to announce that Khyber Strike is out today. This third downloadable content package for Ghost Recon Future Soldier features a new adversarial game type, three new multiplayer maps, a new Guerrilla Mode co-op map, new Trophies and an increased level cap.

Here’s a quick recap of what’s up for grabs:

A new adversarial game type

Our new game type is called Takeover and it’s playable on all 16 multiplayer maps. Similar to a classic Team Death Match, score points for your team by eliminating enemies. Tip the scales by taking control of the objective and earn a score multiplier to your team. Defend your team’s objective to prevent the enemy from gaining the same advantage. Choose to split your team to defend and attack at the same time, or move as a group and overwhelm your enemy. When the mission ends, the team with highest score wins.

Three new multiplayer maps

GRFS_DLC3_switchback_psblog

Switchback is a mix of open air markets and claustrophobic alleys divided by a busy street set in the old section of Peshawar. The twists and turns of the alleyways turn every corner into a close-quarters deathtrap, while constant elevation changes provide opportunities to gain the high ground while flanking your enemy.

GRFS_DLC3_palace_psblog

Palace provides a beautiful and luxurious setting in the Middle East with gardens, shady courtyards and ornate fountains as the centerpiece of the map.

GRFS_DLC3_transit_psblog

Transit is an urban Moscow subway station lined with shops, restaurants and large atriums lit with bright skylights. Trains pulling into and out of the station add to the danger as Ghosts and Bodark slug it out underground.

A new Guerrilla Mode map

A peaceful country village finds itself transformed into a battleground, as fighting rages around its central bus station. Long alleyways that run between war-damaged buildings make a perfect hunting ground for snipers, and a shootout near the town’s gas station could turn explosive. Play the Village map alone, split-screen, on LAN, or over the Internet with your friends.

Other

• New Trophies
  • Level Cap increase of +10.

We hope that you enjoy the Khyber Strike DLC! Feel free to ask any questions below.

See you on the battlefield, PS Bloggers!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

14 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

How much is it/will it be? I’m interested but if you keep releasing DLC soon the total amount of the DLC will be worth the full price of the game itself and honestly, that is far from music to my ears.

dark_angel69 10 October, 2012 @ 11:58 am   2

Hello Antoine

Sorry for going off topic here but as you work for Ubisoft i was hoping you could help me with something.

On 6th October i asked this to Fred but he couldn’t help me as it’s a Ubisoft game. I wrote on the Ubisoft facebook but it was removed from the wall and got no reply about it.

I copied and pasted my previous post below for you. I hope you can help me with this.

“I have a question about Assassin’s creed 3 dlc. If i’m understanding this correctly is it 3 out of 5 of the dlc a separate story from the game for a “what if” story?

Could you tell me what the price of each of the dlc separately? I understand that buying the Season’s Pass is cheaper than buying separately but I have no use for the other 2 dlc. I’m only interested in the story and would like to know would buying the Season’s Pass still be cheaper even tho i’m only after 3 of the dlc.

Also would ps+ have any price drops?”

Many thanks

Antoine Emond 10 October, 2012 @ 1:59 pm

Hi dark_angel69,

Ubisoft Montréal guys are not online now, so I don’t have the answer. My reco:
    - post your message on “Assassins Creed” Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/assassinscreed
    - tweet your question to @assassinscreed, you can have me in cc to maximize chances to get a quick answer (@aemond)

See ya!

Classic_Shooter 10 October, 2012 @ 12:45 pm   3

HA! I just found out Counter Strike still isn’t on SCEE store, I’m glad I went with my instincts and got it on XBOX, but still waiting on Skyrim DLC news. Will we here anything about them two important issues?

Fred Dutton 10 October, 2012 @ 1:08 pm

Let’s stay on topic please. The Store Update goes live in 2 hours, and Jawad will be on hand to address Store issues there. CS:GO – no update; Skyrim DLC – that’s one for Bethesda to answer.

Reality_palez 10 October, 2012 @ 1:13 pm   4

I don’t want achivments i want trophies

Classic_Shooter 10 October, 2012 @ 1:58 pm   5

@fred, sorry I went of topic, is there any where else people can have say ?
But thanks for answering my questions, that’s another week/month for SCEE players.

Fred Dutton 10 October, 2012 @ 2:42 pm

Yep, by all means, ask any questions about Store content in the weekly Store post which goes up every Wednesday at 3.00pm UK time. Jawad does his best to answer there. Also, if you Tweet, feel free to ask questions at @PlayStationEU or @FredDutton. I’ll answer what I can on either of those.

@Antoine Thanks for the response. I’ll get it if I can. :)

Antoine Emond 10 October, 2012 @ 3:19 pm

Awesome, we’ll maybe play together :-D you can identify devs… we have a specific colour on our weapons!

dark_angel69 10 October, 2012 @ 2:33 pm   7

Thanks for your reply Antoine. I will do that :D

Antoine Emond 10 October, 2012 @ 3:19 pm   8

Perfect. Have a nice day!

I want guns !!! How come this hasn’t guns ? Maybe you can make a gun pack I’ll buy it too ! But listen to the crowd !!! Guns guns guns ! ;) !

ssrai2000 11 October, 2012 @ 9:24 am   10

Love the format of these games!

csdsystemtest010 11 October, 2012 @ 10:51 am   11

Switchback sounds cool

csdsystemtest011 11 October, 2012 @ 11:16 am   12

New trophies…..bring it on!

Where do I get these new maps? Last night I looked on Playstation Store and still nothing?? HELP!!

In the next DLC’s are there going to be new guns because i have been looking forward to new sniper rifles or new handguns for ages. I do not know if it is just me, but i really hate having a choice between 2 sidearms. I would love to see a 44. magnum or a desert eagle make an apperance hell a m1911 would be insane. I would also love to see a barret 50. of some model for ghosts. I just personally don’t think there is a wide enough variety of guns in general. just don’t make more shotguns cause shotguns suck…